(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elcochino6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#900 6 years ago

How do you get access to the right cart path spinner to adjust it and or replace it? I have the clear overlay off (with the cart and hole in one) but can’t seem to get the right blue ramp off despite taking all visible nuts off on right side. Is there access from the underside of the playfield?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#902 6 years ago

Ok I’m kinda stumped on this one. My NGG was playing fine except for two rollover switches not activating every time (right out lane and right cart path). I lifted the playfield and adjusted the switches. When I put it back down and restarted the game, all 6 balls just kept ejecting into the shooter lane and were fired out into the play field. At this time everything acts as it is supposed to during a game, except that pressing the flipper buttons does nothing. The balls continue cycle through the machine until I shut it down. The right gofer also remains in the up position during this time, and the putting green fires trying to find balls.

When I go into test mode it tells me that “wheel motor is broken”. The motor spins free from underneath and is not locked up. I took a look at the motor control board under the playfield and noticed the 100uf 35v capacitor was puffed out with a tiny leak, so I replaced that and restarted but still got the same result with the error and the balls ejecting.

I then figured it might be a dirty opto sensor on the ball ejector as there are six of them, so I took the assembly apart on both side and cleaned the opto leds, and realigned them. Turned the machine back on and still the same problem.

I reseated all connectors under the playfied and in the back box and changed the batteries for good measure (no acid corrosion).

Can someone point me in the direction of where else to start or what tests to run?

I also uploaded a short video of what the machine is doing here:

https://streamable.com/wbirb

Thanks so much for any suggestions or advice.

4 years later
#1773 1 year ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Can someone please take out the 6 balls, put the game in test switch mode and take a pic of your screen? I'd like to compare it to mine (I'm having switch and opto problems).
Also, when testing the wheel optos should the inside opto only register about every 8 times the outer opto registers or should they both register together?
[quoted image]

Did you ever find the problem? I’m having opto issues on mine as well, unfortunately.

#1774 1 year ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

I choose not to NVRAM because I wasn't comfortable soldering in a socket. I did un-solder the battery holder from the board and install a remote one in the bottom behind the speaker.

Can you take a picture of how your battery pack is connected? Mine always resets to factory even though I believe it is installed correctly.

Added 20 months ago:

Never mind, figured it out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 37.50
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

4,800 (OBO)
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elcochino6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome?tu=Elcochino6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.