(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 43.
#401 8 years ago

Thanks for the info, I will try the Novus 3 and see how it looks !
Really enjoying this pin, good flow & the gofer humor makes it a keeper !!

#402 8 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Just joined the club, now that TheLaw is out. I'm going to repaint Buzz and Bud. I'm thinking of using Createx airbrush paint and then two-part auto clear. Has anyone repainted theirs, and what paint did you use and how has it held up?

I was wondering about this too.

4 weeks later
#403 8 years ago

Hi NGG People! I stripped a couple of boards from my No Good Gofers. All were under playfield. I listed three to ebay.co.uk and one to ebay.com in case anyone needs:

No Good Gofers (NGG) Partial Used Playfield Plastics (nice) (ebay: 322014670218) = 22 USD + 6 USD shipping Worldwide
Williams WPC Motor Controller Board (A-16120) (ebay: 322014452726) = £20 + £4 shipping Worldwide
No Good Gofers Spinning Disk Opto Board A-22026 (ebay: 322014423768) = £9 FREE shipping Worldwide
(A-22019-2) 16 Opto Driver PCB w/Brackets (5768-15444-00) (ebay: 322014398027) = £25 + £4 shipping Worldwide

No reserve. Will be shipped from Finland. Go See the pictures and info first!!

Greetings from Finland,
Petteri (Peter)

#404 8 years ago

^Do you want to get rid of the AV board?

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

It's a metal coil sleeve. One of many things that didn't belong in there. The company that did the shop job threatened to sue me with slander if I ever spoke about it. And the paper towel was the second pass.

It's not slander if it's the truth.

#406 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

^Do you want to get rid of the AV board?

Sorry no, and rottendog boards are all gone...

1 week later
#407 8 years ago

Ack! My 6 has disappeared! Has anyone ever scanned or, better yet, printed decals for these numbered NGG inserts?

I've never done such a thing, but in researching insert repair I see that waterslide decals with some clearcoat can restore inserts to their former glory.

After I re-decal this one, I'm going to try and inject clearcoat into the cloudy ones (they look fine with lights on, luckily) and then put a PF protector over the whole thing.

FullSizeRender_(13)_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender_(13)_(resized).jpg

#408 8 years ago

New playfield requests are being taken here on pinside.

The post is out there, somewhere.

#409 8 years ago

I saw those! They are *quite expensive* and ship from Europe, so I chose to go with restoration for now.

Although I think the latest update was that the manufacturer said there wasn't enough demand to make it happen...

#410 8 years ago

Yikes, yeah Gofers is notorious for inserts lifting and chipping like that. I put mylar over top of all of my numbered ones and luckily, before any chipping happened. It's holding up very well. There's a few others I did like the banana shaped one & etc. Every once in awhile when I pull the glass, I go over them and push the raised ones down a little.

If someone does make an overlay from a scan, it would probably be nice to just do the entire bottom below the flippers with the banana insert and encompass all the bonus, increase cart path & 1-9 holes into one nice piece.

#411 8 years ago

Good point on the overlay.

I'd still like to do this insert repair.

If no one has made waterslide decals for NGG before, I'd be willing to go it alone and fix this six. I could use a nice picture of that insert to rasterize, if someone would be so kind.

#412 8 years ago

I have a chip on the bottom of my sand trap banana insert. What makes it hard is that the playfield has a factory clear coat over the whole playfield. My insert lettering and everything is still there but the clear coat chipped away and I thought I could just put some clear down on the spot but I was told that if I want to fix it properly I have to put the clear on the insert chip area and make it level and then I'd have to clear coat again over the whole playfield to make it look uniform. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I've been told and I have no experience in that so it sounds to difficult for me to do.

#413 8 years ago

6 pic, anyone? Ordered my decal supplies today! Thanks!

#414 8 years ago

Does this help?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#415 8 years ago

Ah, thank you. Yes!

Man, it has white ink. I have no idea how I'm going to handle that.

I have access to a screen printing shop, in fact, the game is in a screen printing shop, but that's a lot of work for a 6!

Hmmm.... Maybe I could make a big set of decals for that whole area while I'm at it. I don't think I'm up for that art challenge, but printing and creating the decals, I can do.

1 week later
#416 8 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

This table really needs the ColorDMD treatment. So much color on the machine and the standard DMD almost looks out of place.

Indeed! And I put in mine yesterday and it's AWESOME!
But after installing I got the "famous" error: Wheel motor broken. Hopefully cleaning the opto's will do the trick :/

But; the CDMD is an absolutely GO for NGG. Expensive,but great!

#417 8 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Hey all,
As requested, here's a video of my worse than "no good" Gofer issue. It took a while to get to this, apologies -- and thanks so much for the ideas and help so far.
In this video you can see first the multiball lock issue -- the Gofer says "Ohhh!" and falls down right away. But shortly after you can also see the issue in which the Gofer doesn't pop all the way, lock, and jiggle to speak. He instead pops up and falls repeatedly. Everything works mechanically when I remove the Gofer, and used to be 100% working in test, but now I did see it slip out of its locked position once in test.
» YouTube video
Next steps for me:
I'm replacing the plastic gofer mounting piece and the piece it rests on. #14 and #15, latch and guide latch -- hard to source parts. I'm also replacing basically everything I can source mechanically: Coils, sleeves, plunger assembly, springs etc. I did most of these already, but I'm building a mechanically "new" gofer this time, darn it.
Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 11.57.18 AM.png

I'm very interested in part nr. 3 as described in the manual. Mine still works, but in the past the roll spring had slipped out and the former owner kept playing on it, so the hole in the upper part has worn out. A new roll spring wouldn't do the job. So if I would replace it....where to buy it? I own the NGG since 2012 but never ever I've been able to find that specific part.

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeffrey66:

I'm very interested in part nr. 3 as described in the manual. Mine still works, but in the past the roll spring had slipped out and the former owner kept playing on it, so the hole in the upper part has worn out. A new roll spring wouldn't do the job. So if I would replace it....where to buy it? I own the NGG since 2012 but never ever I've been able to find that specific part.

It's the plunger part with the hole in it, not the part with the spring on top.

#419 8 years ago

Had the game for around 2yrs and just cracked 100mill for the first time today.

20160313_123422_(resized).jpg20160313_123422_(resized).jpg

#420 8 years ago

We've designed an apron magnet for NGG. I thought it would be fun to cross CaddyShack with the game.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#421 8 years ago

Finally got my gofers up and running 100% again.

I also had an issue with the Color DMD. Great customer service from those guys!

#422 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I thought it would be fun to cross CaddyShack with the game.

Yeah I can never get into the crossing over schtick.

#423 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I can never get into the crossing over schtick.

You need to check out the Apple Time pinball machine "Thunder Man". Plenty of cross over there, with Snake Plisskin, Yentil, Yul Brenner, and more. I challenge you to find more crossover.

#424 8 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I challenge you to find more crossover.

Shit that aint no joke; but I accept your challenge. Don't forget the Egypt action with mummies and all!

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I also had an issue with the Color DMD. Great customer service from those guys!

Yes,the Color dmd people are very helpful.

1 week later
#426 8 years ago

I just installed a full Makrolon playfield protector on NGG. Got it off of eBay from Germany. I applied it after a treasure cove polish, but no wax. I re-sleeved every coil and polished every above and below playfield metal part to temporarily prevent a lot of dirt hitting the protector. Preliminary review:

Good
*It's very shiny, beautiful
*It makes the ball nearly silent
*It plays faster
*It totally protects the pf from damage, including the slam ramp

Bad
*I had to clip some edges off the protector in three place to get it to lie flat
*I'm worried about it shifting and not lying flat, causing warping, but it's been perfect since the adjustment
*Little white flakes of plastic get under the protector
*Balls aren't plunging up the ramp. Could be a level issue. Might have to add felt to shooter lane.
*Doesn't stretch all the way to shooter, it covers about half of the shooter lane.

I also created a decal for my missing 6, which was crazy complicated, with two layers of clear and white laser jet printing to get the white and transparent working. I put a spot of mylar over it. Pretty proud.

I DID NOT apply the Treasure Cove decal for the slam ramp, because the color is wayyy off. It's a brownish mustard color. I reached out to them and they offered a refund if I sent it back but said it looked good installed despite the color match :/ Still deciding on that.

I hope that helps you all make a decision on whether or not to Makrolon!

ONE QUESTION FOR YOU:

Can I adjust the spinning wheel height in any way? I'm pretty savvy with my pinball mechanics and I could not figure out how. It should play better with it raised to the level of the protector. That's the only place the lip of the plastic interferes.

IMG_1212_(resized).JPGIMG_1212_(resized).JPG
IMG_1222_(resized).JPGIMG_1222_(resized).JPG
IMG_1237_(resized).JPGIMG_1237_(resized).JPG
IMG_1238_(resized).JPGIMG_1238_(resized).JPG

#427 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeffrey66:

It's the plunger part with the hole in it, not the part with the spring on top.

I got mine from Australia, now out of stock (Mr Pinball). They were very expensive. I ordered extras because of how rare the part is. You have to get the full shaft. You also have to pick up the spring and roll pin for said shaft separately

Otherwise, you will have to connect the parts in a creative way:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-bond-these-parts

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/251-5015-01

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-519.1

I'm convinced that this one ridiculous assembly will eventually mean the demise of NGG machines worldwide. People will probably never make that shaft again!

#428 8 years ago

I'm convinced that this one ridiculous assembly will eventually mean the demise of NGG machines worldwide. People will probably never make that shaft again!

Indeed! I had that problem too and tried the best I could....it still holds after 2 years but I really can't remember how I fixed it. Probably with epoxy. Anyway; besides the fact that it's an awesome machine and very fun to play, it's clear that you never EVER should sell this machine. Due to the fact the shortage and hard to find parts makes it even more valuable.

And:
1. it's also Pat Lawlor's last Williams machine....
2. It has the best ever pinball shot: the hole-in-one.....
3. Original backglass print...
4. Only 2711 units were produced...

I bet my NOS sealed mini playfield ( which I bought 3 years ago for $ 85) will be much more valuable these days

#429 8 years ago

I DID NOT apply the Treasure Cove decal for the slam ramp, because the color is wayyy off.

If you or anyone else installs this, I can attest to three things -

1. The color is definitely off.
2. It's difficult to notice how off the color is once installed.
3. The material / ink these are printed on and with will wear off in the same spots within 1 game so you'll be back to square 1, even if you fill any dents or holes and smooth over the playfield. And be careful cleaning / waxing because you'll rub the ink off that way too.

I feel like I totally wasted my money. I didn't bother telling them about the issue but I feel they should have had some kind of disclaimer and I do feel like I should get a free replacement. Someone else made decals for the ramps, the cart wheels, targets & etc. that have a fantastic, durable mylar like coating over top of them. They haven't worn a bit on my game.

If anybody installs the Treasure Cove decal, I highly recommend throwing mylar over top of it yet when you're done. I just wish I didn't have to pay for another overlay decal from them in order to get it right this time.

There's also 2 vendors if I remember correctly selling this, one is via PayPal, one is mail order - they're both sourced from the same place or one is sourced from the other so regardless of which of the two you order from, it will be the same result.

#430 8 years ago

GOODBYE THE WALKING DEAD, HELLO NO GOOD GOFERS

I recently sold the Walking Dead Premium pinball machine and had it replaced with a long time want of mine, No Good Gofers.

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/03/29/goodbye-the-walking-dead-hello-no-good-gofers/

dsc01646_(resized).jpgdsc01646_(resized).jpg

dsc01649_(resized).jpgdsc01649_(resized).jpg

dsc01662_(resized).jpgdsc01662_(resized).jpg

dsc01456_(resized).jpgdsc01456_(resized).jpg

#431 8 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

HELLO NO GOOD GOFERS

Great choice, and the topper looks real good also - is that Laseriffic? Or someone else? I think I need one!

#432 8 years ago

Can I adjust the spinning wheel height in any way?

Yes you can! From page 2-24 in the manual, refer to the adjusting screw assembly:

NGG-wheel-schematic_(resized).jpgNGG-wheel-schematic_(resized).jpg

#433 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Great choice, and the topper looks real good also - is that Laseriffic? Or someone else? I think I need one!

Thanks Sevenrites. You are correct, Laseriffic topper still in production. Joe makes the best toppers. Give him a shout, the NGG topper is one of the best. Looks better in person.

#434 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Yes you can! From page 2-24 in the manual, refer to the adjusting screw assembly:
NGG-wheel-schematic_(resized).jpg

Thanks so much -- I see the adjusting screw there. It seems to turn freely without affecting anything so I'll have to sort out what to clamp down and what to turn...

#435 8 years ago

Thanks so much -- I see the adjusting screw there. It seems to turn freely without affecting anything so I'll have to sort out what to clamp down and what to turn...

Never mind the adjusting screw as that does nothing to level the spinning wheel.
To adjust the leveling of the spinning wheel you have to turn screw 12....and the 2 others underneath the playfield. Be very gentle in turning because you than can level the wheel in 3 positions.

Tip: use some masking tape and make a triangle on the playfield for the correct level....but remember: when you raise the playfield the disc might fall a bit into to playfield, due to gravity Better do this with a friend with a shap eye

2 weeks later
#436 8 years ago

I just got my NGG set up and have been playing it for about a week. It has one little quirk that is really irritating, and always seems to happen at the wrong time. Every time Bud pops up, the left flipper flicks. Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

1 week later
#437 7 years ago

Hey everyone,

I picked up NGG a couple of months ago and I finally am getting a chance to actually work on it. There are a few missing parts in the lift coil bracket assembly (page 2-27 of the manual) and one of them is the plastic sleeve that the "lifting rod" slides through when moving up and down. I don't see the sleeve (or the rod for that matter) in the assembly drawing. Does anyone know the part number for the plastic sleeve? Thanks!

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Hey everyone,
I picked up NGG a couple of months ago and I finally am getting a chance to actually work on it. There are a few missing parts in the lift coil bracket assembly (page 2-27 of the manual) and one of them is the plastic sleeve that the "lifting rod" slides through when moving up and down. I don't see the sleeve (or the rod for that matter) in the assembly drawing. Does anyone know the part number for the plastic sleeve? Thanks!

Hey all,

I did find the part number for the rod (aka the lift ramp shaft), it is 04-10977.1. Now I just need to figure out the part number for the plastic sleeve/bearing that this rod slides through. Hopefully it is available as a separate part and not just an integrated piece of the lift ramp itself or something. Thanks in advance for the help everyone!

#439 7 years ago

Hello there, You're not going to find that plastic bushing your referring to anywhere (sent detailed pics to all the pinball suppliers across the globe on this one. HOWEVER thought I would help on what I did! Thankfully it's a pretty easy fix (If you have the other ramp/side bushing to refer to). FIRST you'll start with a common flipper plastic bushing (SAME shaft size, and fairly close fit, but not really), Then take your bushing from other ramp down to a machine shop (Engine shop, common lathing) and have them "Trim Down"/lathe to proper diameters - AND WA-LA you'll have yourself a clean fresh/properly fitting that looks professionally done! Mine I got done for $10 bucks. Hope this helps! Cheers

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from flipper_nutz:

Hello there, You're not going to find that plastic bushing your referring to anywhere (sent detailed pics to all the pinball suppliers across the globe on this one. HOWEVER thought I would help on what I did! Thankfully it's a pretty easy fix (If you have the other ramp/side bushing to refer to). FIRST you'll start with a common flipper plastic bushing (SAME shaft size, and fairly close fit, but not really), Then take your bushing from other ramp down to a machine shop (Engine shop, common lathing) and have them "Trim Down"/lathe to proper diameters - AND WA-LA you'll have yourself a clean fresh/properly fitting that looks professionally done! Mine I got done for $10 bucks. Hope this helps! Cheers

Thanks for getting back to me flipper_nutz. I decided to go through with a topside tear down after I asked about the bushing and I found that missing bushing when I took off the lift ramp. The bushing is intact and not really damaged. I can't figure out how it got misplaced like that unless someone put it in that way. Caveat emptor.

Regardless, this seems like it would be a pretty easy piece for someone to make up a 3D mockup that could be used by a 3D printer. The bushing is also hidden when the game is assembled, so it wouldn't have to look like the original. My worthless ass doesn't possess useful skills like that, maybe someone out in the Pinside universe does?

#441 7 years ago

Hi Everyone. I'm receiving a "Check Switch 64 Outer Wheel Opto" error message and a "Wheel Motor Is Broken" error message. The wheel test never lands on the same spot twice despite calibrating it by rotating the wheel completely around.
I've run the Single Switches Test but the opto switches (63 and 64) don't change state when each opto is blocked. At the connector to the Motor 2-Opto Board I shorted each row and column (with the board disconnected) to verify the switch state would change from open to closed. I verified I have 12V on the opto board. I think I have bad optos on the Motor 2-opto board. Can anyone confirm this? If so, where can I get a replacement board? Thanks.

#442 7 years ago

Hello Everybody and Greetings from Finland!

I am also looking for insert decals for NGG. Jeff at Classic-Arcades (http://www.classic-arcades.com) has ability to print them, I have inquiried him to print the insert decals. Please join the cause and hope Jeff would finish the task. US locals please phone him! Send him (e-)mail and kindly ask him (here at Pinside) to make them available!!

Insert decals for No Good Gofers!!!

#443 7 years ago

I want decals sooo bad. Great!

#444 7 years ago

New Putting Green Light from LeesParts.com for No Good Gofers. This interactive mod will light up your Putting Green hole when it will score Putt Out, Extra Ball or Multiball. Thank you for looking!

http://www.leesparts.com/products/ngg-puttinggreen-light.html

NGGPuttingGreenPuttout300400_(resized).jpgNGGPuttingGreenPuttout300400_(resized).jpgNGGPuttingGreenExtraBall300400_(resized).jpgNGGPuttingGreenExtraBall300400_(resized).jpgNGGPuttingGreenMultiball300400_(resized).jpgNGGPuttingGreenMultiball300400_(resized).jpg

#445 7 years ago

Didn't know they had that. Will have to check it out.

#446 7 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

This interactive mod will light up your Putting Green hole when it will score Putt Out, Extra Ball or Multiball.

Can you elaborate on this a little? I have my putting green lit with a green LED strip all the time, cost me less than $5 to buy and I just clipped it in real easy to an existing GI source. But if this mod actually triggers during extra ball, put out, and etc., I think that might be a little better. So I'm wondering how they tapped it in to get it to light at the appropriate times. Or did they just wire it in to the extra ball and put out GI lighting? Or is it a plug and play connector that goes somewhere else?

#447 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Can you elaborate on this a little?

Yes, the mod is interactive. The putting green is only lit when either putt out, extra ball or multi ball are active.

Super easy plug and play install.

You can see it in action in this video -

#448 7 years ago

Hmm, yeah it looks like you could also just stick an LED strip inside the scoop area, and then run a feed from the putt out, extra ball and multi ball insert so whenever either of those were lit, it would light the strip. $36 is a bit outrageous for something that can be done for about $5. I'm starting to get annoyed with the price gouging some of these "mod" people are coming up with.

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I'm starting to get annoyed with the price gouging some of these "mod" people are coming up with.

Ha, these were actually the original mods that pissed me off, way before LEDs were the norm.
I always try to tell people it literally takes 2 pieces of wire, a cost of 2 cents, attach them to gi or the legs of twist in bulb holder.

#450 7 years ago

Yeah. I had it in my cart but couldn't pull the trigger on $36 to lite up a hole.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 37.50
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,800 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/9?hl=madmaxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.