(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 43.
#351 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Just joined the club picking up a HUO with 87 plays. Can someone tell me best method to protect against slam ramp damage. I cringe every time that ramp slams down!
In the package (goodie bag) that came with the machine there appears to be two half moon shaped piecies of I think mylar. Should they do under the ramp?
What a fun game! Have yet to complete 9 holes

20151112_193942.jpg

I wouldn't use the "half-moon" slingshot mylars. If anything, I'd buy a sheet of mylar and hand cut a rectangular shape...that's what I did on mine...looks great. Don't forget to install some felt under the slam ramp as well.

#352 8 years ago

Just picked up my first pin after much research, NGG. I love the game, it's awesome. There seems to be one problem that the ball gets stuck in the putting green for about 7-10 seconds after going in. Eventually it comes out, but seems like it's not supposed to work that way. Running a test, I get the error, "Check switch 38 jet popper", is this what the problem is, and any hints on troubleshooting? Thanks.

#353 8 years ago

Could someone take a pic of the felt used under the slam ramp and a pic of it installed...

Thanks

#354 8 years ago
Quoted from tmay:

Just picked up my first pin after much research, NGG. I love the game, it's awesome. There seems to be one problem that the ball gets stuck in the putting green for about 7-10 seconds after going in. Eventually it comes out, but seems like it's not supposed to work that way. Running a test, I get the error, "Check switch 38 jet popper", is this what the problem is, and any hints on troubleshooting? Thanks.

The 7-10 seconds is because the game is doing a ball search.

Check to see if the kick out is missing the grommet on the bottom. I've seen this happen on two NGGs, including mine. Replaced it and kick out works perfectly.

#355 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Could someone take a pic of the felt used under the slam ramp and a pic of it installed...
Thanks

AFAIK, there was no felt from the factory. I used small peel and stick felt pad circles, one on each corner.

#356 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Just joined the club picking up a HUO with 87 plays.

In the package (goodie bag) that came with the machine there appears to be two half moon shaped piecies of I think mylar. Should they do under the ramp?
What a fun game! Have yet to complete 9 holes

Congrats! Although that is highly highly highly unlikely.

Mylar probably for front of slings...you don't need it.

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The 7-10 seconds is because the game is doing a ball search.
Check to see if the kick out is missing the grommet on the bottom. I've seen this happen on two NGGs, including mine. Replaced it and kick out works perfectly.

Thanks, it looks like the grommet is still in the kickout. Do you recommend I replace it, and where would be the best place to pick one up?

#358 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I thought I read recently of someone with a similar issue as this, but I can't find it.
Yesterday, ball hit into the putting green were sitting for a while then getting ejected from the putting green instead of from above the pop bumpers. Never had this issue prior to yesterday.

This is the exact issue I am facing. Did you ever find a fix for this problem?

#359 8 years ago
Quoted from tmay:

This is the exact issue I am facing. Did you ever find a fix for this problem?

Never had the problem but it would reason there's a switch down there that needs tweaking. It goes in putting green and does not activate switch, which is why it has to wait for the ball search. So go in switch test mode and try it out.

#360 8 years ago
Quoted from tmay:

Congrats, Great Lawlor Pin. Lots to go for...

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Never had the problem but it would reason there's a switch down there that needs tweaking. It goes in putting green and does not activate switch, which is why it has to wait for the ball search. So go in switch test mode and try it out.

Thanks for all the help. I flipped the playfield up, removed and cleaned the opto IR receiver, replaced, and it fixed the problem. Now on to cleaning....

#362 8 years ago

I am not a member of the club....yet. I found a NGG near me that looks to be near perfect. No wear that I can see, gophers are perfect, side art is bright and not damaged. He is asking $3950. I played it a few games and enjoyed it. Is this price in line with the market for these in excellent condition?

Thanks.

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

He is asking $3950. I played it a few games and enjoyed it. Is this price in line with the market for these in excellent condition?
Thanks.

It's all what the slam ramp damage is worth to you. Do you want one without damage? Of course, but you pay too steep a premium IMO. Usual games can be found around 3000 with some playfield divots, so basuically you're paying at least 700 for no damage in that area. The damage usually doesn't affect gameplay, so it's really an aesthetic thing.

NGG usually usually have nice cabinets and the PF are usually fine otherwise. For someone that owns one, it's not worth it to me.

#364 8 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

I am not a member of the club....yet. I found a NGG near me that looks to be near perfect. No wear that I can see, gophers are perfect, side art is bright and not damaged. He is asking $3950. I played it a few games and enjoyed it. Is this price in line with the market for these in excellent condition?
Thanks.

I just picked mine up for $3,000. Other than being a little dirty, and a minor issue with the putt out return which I easily fixed, it's in great shape.

#365 8 years ago

Buy it, it will be the best move you ever made. It's the poor man's version on MM get it now before the price goes sick

#366 8 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

It's the poor man's version on MM get it now before the price goes sick

It's nothing like MM in layout or rules, and it's been holding a steady price for years.

#367 8 years ago

Just think it's a very underrated game was what I was saying. Bit of poetic licence if you will. But you are the law, and nobody fucks with the law. Taking the " actually " path is much better. Dick!

#368 8 years ago

I paid $3600 for a true HUO. Awesome game very happy...

#369 8 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

Just think it's a very underrated game was what I was saying.

Yeah, totally underrated just like MM Ha just kidding my man!

#370 8 years ago

I have a restored one - no slam ramp damage - and everything is 9.5+/10. I'm not sure I'd take anything less than $4k for it.

Only 2,700 made - say go for it.

1 week later
#371 8 years ago

Has anyone fitted out their NGG with LEDs, and if so, which set would you recommend? Not looking for something that is blinding and would prefer a kit that has it all. Thanks!

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from tmay:

Has anyone fitted out their NGG with LEDs, and if so, which set would you recommend? Not looking for something that is blinding and would prefer a kit that has it all. Thanks!

You could consult with Art at Comet - he has great advice and his product is excellent and well-priced.

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from tmay:

I did mine with a combination of twin and single SMD from Comet (though any LED manufacture is probably fine.) Cool white for the GI and backbox, color matched inserts. I didn't use non-ghosting bulbs, so you can save a couple of bucks not buying those.

#374 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I did mine with a combination of twin and single SMD from Comet (though any LED manufacture is probably fine.) Cool white for the GI and backbox, color matched inserts. I didn't use non-ghosting bulbs, so you can save a couple of bucks not buying those.

Just did mine yesterday with Comet's bulbs as well. All natural whites, including backbox. I did use a couple of colored ones I got as part of a package from Comet in the pop's and I ordered a couple specialty bulbs for the spotlights. The game really looks like new now. Tough to get at those bulbs on the top of the PF - have to remove ramps, etc., but it is well worth the effort! Good luck..

1 week later
#375 8 years ago

Comet recommended the frosted Sunlight Whites for NGG for me since there are so many oranges, yellows and whites. Those, along with some assorted colors, were totally perfect. There are 5 weird blinkers in the back box -- they can be really expensive but Comet had a good solution for those.

In other news, does anyone have a link to a US source for these NGG playfield protectors? Or who manufactures them?

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/williams/no-good-gofers/no-good-gofers-playfield-protector.html

I totally want to try one.

#376 8 years ago

ColorDMD now available folks! Was so excited to order my first one earlier today!

#377 8 years ago

And a repro playfield in the makes...good to have a NGG these days

#378 8 years ago

When replacing the decal on the spinner, does it simply peel off?

Thanks

#379 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

When replacing the decal on the spinner, does it simply peel off? For the most part. May have to use scraper. Be careful not to hit the play field.

Thanks

#380 8 years ago

Picking up a NGG tonight!

Update: Ended up holding off on this one. Still considering it or may look for another one.

#381 8 years ago

Sure are a lot of HOU NGG in Michigan these days

#382 8 years ago

Just mine

#383 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

When replacing the decal on the spinner, does it simply peel off?
Thanks

Jury is still out on that one

#384 8 years ago

Come and play it and you tell me....bought bubble hockey in same condition, your welcome any time!

1 week later
#385 8 years ago

Christmas Eve, and the post lady delivered a present! Colordmd for NGG.....this game is like night and day now. Only problem is the animations are so amazing in color you can't keep your eye on the ball. A lot of things that were easy to miss with orange dots. Colordmd, an expensive mod, but some games are so much better with it. Keep on adding those ROMS crew!

#386 8 years ago

Just joined the club, now that TheLaw is out. I'm going to repaint Buzz and Bud. I'm thinking of using Createx airbrush paint and then two-part auto clear. Has anyone repainted theirs, and what paint did you use and how has it held up?

#387 8 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Just joined the club, now that TheLaw is out. I'm going to repaint Buzz and Bud. I'm thinking of using Createx airbrush paint and then two-part auto clear. Has anyone repainted theirs, and what paint did you use and how has it held up?

Congrats, ColorDMD is so sweet. And putting warm color LED's really bring out the color.

1 week later
#388 8 years ago

Anyone know where I can find a new AV board? I've looked at a 1/2 dozen places and all are out of stock.

1 week later
#389 8 years ago

I'm toying with a trade offer for my Avatar Pro HUO for a really nice NGG with a few mods and LEDs. NGG was not on my radar at all and was basically thinking about selling out or trading up to another newer type Stern. Any thoughts from you NGG fans? (I'm assuming I'm asking a biased crowd but photos will be available later. This is owned by another Pinsider I know and trust which is a big consideration too.)

Feel free to comment on the relative values and fun factors.

Thanks.

#390 8 years ago

My likes for NGG , love the each way loop with spinners and multipliers.the captive ball had a nice solid feel to it.4 ramps,great light show,pretty good flow.

#391 8 years ago

Out of my four, NGG is my "gotta get one more game in" pin. The others, I can play a game and walk away. Something about trying to post a good gophers score is addictive.

#392 8 years ago

I've owned two and just traded my most recent one for a Shadow plus cash. Great game without a doubt and boy does the new color DMD look awesome for it! Do the trade...you'll enjoy NGG and so will the rest of your family and friends.

#393 8 years ago

I can't think of many games that are less fun than Avatar

#394 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Feel free to comment on the relative values and fun factors.

My NGG gets as much play as any other machine I have. It's fun!

#395 8 years ago

Hi,
Can anyone advise where I can get the correct diode for the switch at the NGG slingshots for the "SCORE" activation? The switch the diode is connected to is part number A-17794? The NGG operation manual I have does not identify the diode, just the switch. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

Ask and answer: Diode 1N4001 Available at Pinball Life.

#396 8 years ago

Can anyone give suggestions on how to remove scratches from the mini playfield ? The ones on mine aren't terrible but at the right angle they can be seen clearly. A replacement is costly = $149

#397 8 years ago
Quoted from voxtech:

Can anyone give suggestions on how to remove scratches from the mini playfield ? The ones on mine aren't terrible but at the right angle they can be seen clearly. A replacement is costly = $149

Novus 3 followed by Novus 2. If they are deeper you may want to start with some really fine sandpaper first, 1500 grit or higher. Then switch to the polishes.

#398 8 years ago
Quoted from voxtech:

Being that it is clear plastic I would try flame polishing

#399 8 years ago

Installed a color DMD in my NGG and it is great addition to my game.

#400 8 years ago
Quoted from larrys1:

Being that it is clear plastic I would try flame polishing

I think this is a different material (polycarbonate) than ramps though and doesn't react like ramp material. So, would hesitate to run with this idea.

I did the novus thing with a 3" random orbital polisher and worked well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/8?hl=mnluz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.