(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 43.
#1501 2 years ago

Did the game come originally with a mirrored backglass or translite?

#1502 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Did the game come originally with a mirrored backglass or translite?

Mirrored backglass

#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Mirrored backglass

Thank you!!

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Mirrored backglass

I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. I believe any wpc95 with the "tub" style backbox was a translite. I can check my NGG later tonight

#1505 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. I believe any wpc95 with the "tub" style backbox was a translite. I can check my NGG later tonight

You are incorrect... The exact opposite it true. NGG has a backglass, not a translite, as do all games with the integrated light panel.
If your NGG has a translite, its a repro and a sheet of glass, not original.

#1506 2 years ago

According to my game, you're both wrong: NGG has a non-mirrored backglass.

I did see a mirrored version for sale once at Expo (on a wall, not in a game), but all the gofers I saw otherwise had a backglass with no mirroring in the artwork.

AFM was a 'light tub' game and had a translite.

#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I did see a mirrored version for sale once at Expo (on a wall, not in a game), but all the gofers I saw otherwise had a backglass with no mirroring in the artwork.

I said nothing about "mirrored".

#1508 2 years ago

I said nothing about you.

latenight:mirrored
scribbles:translite

Oh, this:

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

NGG has a backglass, not a translite, as do all games with the integrated light panel.

Except (at least) AFM. So you're wrong too

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yup, I stand corrected, screened backglass. Apparently the prototypes were mirrored, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirrored-backglasses-in-pinball-list-them-here/page/2#post-688951.

#1510 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

metallic is correct. I purchased my NGG NIB way back in the day, and it came with a non mirrored backglass. Medieval Madness also left the factory with a integrated light tub and a translite, not a backglass.

#1511 2 years ago

My memory might be off, but I thought I read somewhere that Pat Lawlor insisted on it being a backglass and that's the reason NGG has one versus a translite that was more common those days. My NGG has the backglass (non-mirrored).

#1512 2 years ago

Well we'll well, my NGG has a backglass. Non mirrored. I stand corrected. I would have sworn it was a translite.

#1513 2 years ago

I’m happy that I’m expecting a real backglass (whew glad that finally got sorted) when mine arrives from the good ol USA......in about 2-2 1/2months. It’s going to be a long wait.

#1514 2 years ago

NGG Target Decals 30% for limited time only
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1054-flashinstinct/00667-no-good-gofers-target-decals
Use code PCD8-MAQX-VXE3-5PMU at checkout
Free shipping on orders over $50

1 week later
#1515 2 years ago

Hi guys!

Doing a playfield swap on my gofers, just now reattaching the wiring harness and all has gone well, really looking forward to playing.

I was hoping someone might help me out a bit on the driven disc. I noticed mine was very noisy, and upon taking the mech apart and cleaning it I saw the disc itself has tabs that pass through optos, and it seemed like the optos were making contact with the tabs which was making all the racket.

Is that operating as intended? Because I ordered a new disc, and those tabs also hit the optos on the opto board. Should the wheel just spin freely?

3 weeks later
#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Hi guys!
Doing a playfield swap on my gofers, just now reattaching the wiring harness and all has gone well, really looking forward to playing.
I was hoping someone might help me out a bit on the driven disc. I noticed mine was very noisy, and upon taking the mech apart and cleaning it I saw the disc itself has tabs that pass through optos, and it seemed like the optos were making contact with the tabs which was making all the racket.
Is that operating as intended? Because I ordered a new disc, and those tabs also hit the optos on the opto board. Should the wheel just spin freely?

It should not hit the optos. It needs to spin freely.

#1517 2 years ago
Quoted from jared125:

It should not hit the optos. It needs to spin freely.

thank you!

Mine sounds like the wheel on Wheel of Fortune when it spins.

The wheel adjusts up and down, but both the wheel and the opto board seem very fixed in their position from side to side.

Already got a new disc because it was cheap, but the new one rattles against the optos too.

#1518 2 years ago

Replacement Gophers again available on Planetary Pinball if anyone needs new ones.

1 week later
#1519 2 years ago

My NGG is having some sound issues. The background sounds/music seems to come and go. Sometimes it will start back up at the start of a new ball. When it's not working, it occasionally makes the start-up sound. The feature sounds work- when I hit a target and things like that....it's just the background music that isn't working all the time.
Any ideas?

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

My NGG is having some sound issues.

Do a RAM clear... Turn the game off and remove the batteries and let it sit for 10 mins, then do the reverse.
You'll lose your settings and high scores, but that usually clears up nutty behaviors.

#1521 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Do a RAM clear... Turn the game off and remove the batteries and let it sit for 10 mins, then do the reverse.
You'll lose your settings and high scores, but that usually clears up nutty behaviors.

Thanks for the suggestion. That did not clear it up, but I went and reseated all of the ribbon cable connectors and that seems to have done it. Didn’t think it would be something so simple!

2 weeks later
#1522 2 years ago

After many years of ownership this suddenly happens. I have a spare for now, but actually after looking closer I see how it really ties in with the theme.

Can golf balls be drilled and used for other purposes ?

IMG_7035 (resized).JPGIMG_7035 (resized).JPGIMG_7039 (resized).JPGIMG_7039 (resized).JPG
#1523 2 years ago

Made mine about 4 years ago, drilling the ball and secured using 2 part epoxy.

Golf ball shooter (resized).JPGGolf ball shooter (resized).JPGGolf ball shooter 1 (resized).JPGGolf ball shooter 1 (resized).JPG
#1524 2 years ago
Quoted from GAP66:

Made mine about 4 years ago, drilling the ball and secured using 2 part epoxy.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok thanks , will have a look at that.

#1525 2 years ago

I moved this from my Tee'd Off to my NGG. Has worked well for over 3 years.

20181116_165618 (resized).jpg20181116_165618 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1527 2 years ago

If anyone wants a shooter rod with a white titlelist golf ball on it, I’ll mail you one for $25 with shipping. I took this off my NGG and replaced with an alternate shooter rod.

DE5A3A55-7AAF-4A4E-8E3F-53314D536416 (resized).jpegDE5A3A55-7AAF-4A4E-8E3F-53314D536416 (resized).jpegDFC7EBF3-BFE6-4514-A62E-71511542BDF2 (resized).jpegDFC7EBF3-BFE6-4514-A62E-71511542BDF2 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1528 2 years ago

I have further modified my custom topper. I think this will be the final version.

#1529 2 years ago

That's impressive.

#1530 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I have further modified my custom topper. I think this will be the final version.

Great job. That integration is perfect.

#1531 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I have further modified my custom topper. I think this will be the final version

Very nice!!! Is that the teed off gopher?!?? Spill the beans and detail your buildout! Would love to see some photos if willing to share!

#1532 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Very nice!!! Is that the teed off gopher?!?? Spill the beans and detail your buildout! Would love to see some photos if willing to share!

Bought the gopher off eBay. Hacked the switch with a relay triggered by the Pinduino.

Patch of outdoor turf.

Paper mache’ dirt mound. Hand-painted.

LED strip lights for illumination and an addressable strip for the color effect

Power to the GI and gopher from 6v d/c power supply activated by turning on the machine.

Bayonet sockets and 44 LEDs for the hole lights

Pinduino

I made a custom backdrop based on the backglass artwork. Printed on PVC at Fed Ex store.

The hole lights are plastic golf balls with vinyl stickers.
6E66A6E8-C12F-45A8-8F03-3E5E37C5B906 (resized).jpeg6E66A6E8-C12F-45A8-8F03-3E5E37C5B906 (resized).jpeg
488D843F-4FFC-4112-A2A2-82B9F1293428 (resized).jpeg488D843F-4FFC-4112-A2A2-82B9F1293428 (resized).jpeg

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Bought the gopher off eBay.
Patch of outdoor turf.
LED strip lights for illumination and an addressable strip for the color effects
Pinduino
I made a custom backdrop based on the backglass artwork.
The hole lights are plastic golf balls with vinyl stickers.[quoted image]

1 week later
#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Bought the gopher off eBay. Hacked the switch with a relay triggered by the Pinduino.
Patch of outdoor turf.
LED strip lights for illumination and an addressable strip for the color effect
Power to the GI and gopher from 6v d/c power supply activated by turning on the machine.
Bayonet sockets and 44 LEDs for the hole lights
Pinduino
I made a custom backdrop based on the backglass artwork. Printed on PVC at Fed Ex store.
The hole lights are plastic golf balls with vinyl stickers.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very cool.
How did you get the hole # to sync up?

#1535 2 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Very cool.
How did you get the hole # to sync up?

Thanks!

I used a simple but non-elegant solution of running basically jumper wires from the lamp board to the topper.

I thought about trying to work from the driver board but I didn’t have the parts and figuring out how to do it was making my head spin a bit so I went with the easy way.

1 week later
#1536 2 years ago

Have a question for NGG owners. I've just finished shopping my NGG and now tweaking it.

When you pull full strength on the plunger, does the ball go up the side left ramp? I believe every NGG I have played was set this way. I ask as mine doesn't do that right now. I know I can adjust it, just want to verify that's how it should behave.

Thanks!

#1537 2 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Have a question for NGG owners. I've just finished shopping my NGG and now tweaking it.
When you pull full strength on the plunger, does the ball go up the side left ramp? I believe every NGG I have played was set this way. I ask as mine doesn't do that right now. I know I can adjust it, just want to verify that's how it should behave.
Thanks!

I put a red spring on mine. It makes it 100% of the time…

#1538 2 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Thanks!

One thing you should check, Look at the hole in the shooter housing the rod goes through. Make sure that the housing is not mushroomed causing the rod to bind slight when you shoot the ball. This was the case with mine. It caused erratic ball travel up the ramp. Sometimes it would make it sometimes it wouldn't. I tried everything but until I cleaned up that shooter housing with a Dremel, no joy.

#1539 2 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I put a red spring on mine. It makes it 100% of the time…

Thanks.

1 month later
#1541 2 years ago

Nice stuff, but how does the panel decal cover the raised "Williams" logo and not look terrible?

#1542 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Nice stuff, but how does the panel decal cover the raised "Williams" logo and not look terrible?

The decal is very thick. You don't notice it.

#1543 2 years ago

I'm not much of a golfer, but it really looks to me like the hands holding the club on the flipper decals are backwards...

#1544 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I'm not much of a golfer, but it really looks to me like the hands holding the club on the flipper decals are backwards...

Yep. The flipper decals are cross handed. I think Josh Broadaway is the only pro to ever use this grip except for putting. Which seems to be much more common no days. But that is left hand low.
https://www.pgatour.com/korn-ferry-tour/video/2020/05/29/cross-handed-grip-of-josh-broadaway.html

#1545 2 years ago

I just ordered the speaker panel. I’ve literally been waiting for that naked panel to have something!

How about Who Dunnit next for the speaker panel WizardMod

#1546 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

How about Who Dunnit next for the speaker panel WizardMod

Will be done in the near future!

#1547 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Not if you’re left-handed!

1 week later
#1548 2 years ago

Hello all! I picked this game up this weekend as part of a package. Seller had already taken the playfield apart and the pictures were not taken or included. I have a bucket full of parts and the ramps. I was told by the seller that all the parts are here. Because the playfield has already been stripped I’m going to go ahead and wax and LED this thing. I need to order the LEDs and some new rubbers. I’m guessing I can get that here in a few days. What I need from someone or maybe someones.... are the pictures and experience to reassemble this bad boy since I didn’t take it apart and have no pictures.... thanks for any help on this.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1549 2 years ago

And a smoking deal you got on that package!! Congrats on that buy!!

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

And a smoking deal you got on that package!! Congrats on that buy!!

Yeah. I saw the ad and called as fast as possible. Left in my pajamas!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/31?hl=cleanandlevel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.