(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 43.
#1451 3 years ago

While I'm not in love with the theme, it's certainly executed well. What keeps this game in my home is the unique layout, the slam ramp, dual spinners, smooth and long ramps, and a loop and some pretty damn good code! Can't wait for soren to update it!

#1452 3 years ago

Ditto! Layout is great! Launching ball to the upper deck is a blast and the orbit flow is super, when I can get in the rhythm anyway.

#1453 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

While I'm not in love with the theme, it's certainly executed well. What keeps this game in my home is the unique layout, the slam ramp, dual spinners, smooth and long ramps, and a loop and some pretty damn good code! Can't wait for soren to update it!

Is someone currently working on a code update? Or was that a polite poke at them to hopefully get them to do an update? I hope its currently being worked on.

#1454 3 years ago

I noticed something strange today related to the slam ramp activation at the start of each ball that I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced.

The insert was lit awaiting my plunge, I made the shot up the ramp, but no slam ramp activation and the insert light goes out immediately telling me it knows the left inlane switch was activated. What was real interesting is that during play after the initial ball plunge the ramp activation worked perfectly every time.

Just to make sure the problem wasn't with the switch itself I tested it in switch test and all was fine. I did discover while playing around with the glass off that the right of the two left inlanes would activate the slam ramp at the start of the ball, but not the left.

I continued investigating on the playfield before making it to the backbox and suddenly everything came back to normal and the ramp was activated after a new ball plunge.

Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe it's an ever so loose connection somewhere that I need to chase down, but its very strange that it only happened at the start of each ball consistently, and the slam ramp activated fine during the rest of that ball. Leds me to believe it might be more of a programming glitch that comes and goes?

#1455 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Is someone currently working on a code update? Or was that a polite poke at them to hopefully get them to do an update? I hope its currently being worked on.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades

Quoted from PinballCoug:

I noticed something strange today

Mine randomly doesn't activate the slam ramp when it should. I can't remember specific instances but it certainly happens. I'd write it up to bugs in the code.

#1456 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I'd write it up to bugs in the code.

Good to know it's not just me then

#1457 3 years ago

If anyone needs these plastics (they still have the protective paper/plastic film on them), message me with an offer!

NGG Plastics (resized).jpgNGG Plastics (resized).jpg
#1458 3 years ago

just joining the club, what a great game seriously so unique. would love to see a modern machine with a slam ramp and a similar idea of launching it into the back of the playfield.

this game is so troll, the verbal abuse and all the sounds. when I launched my ball into the side scoop it made a fart noise, I look over and see this artwork and I swear they made it look like a butt hole on purpose.

16147085050994864199673096100130 (resized).jpg16147085050994864199673096100130 (resized).jpg
#1459 3 years ago

Hi all
I am making spinner decals for No Good Gofers (and others). Price is $4.50 for the set of four shipped in the US. Let me know if you are interested.

IMG_0010 (resized).jpegIMG_0010 (resized).jpeg
#1460 3 years ago

Hi golfers,

I'm interested in trying to minimize the "clankiness" of my machine. A couple of questions:

1. How much play should the slam ramp have? I'd imagine it shouldn't be overtightened to prevent damage, but mine jangles on the way up and down and makes multiple noises as each corner touches the playfield at a slightly different time. Is this normal or do I need to tighten/replace anything?
2. Any way to make the gofer flaps less noisy? I keep my volume in the 8-10 range and it can sometimes be hard to hear the gofer callouts over the sound of them flapping up and down.

#1461 3 years ago

Anyone install a playfield protector on NGG? I've got one and just starting doing a full tear down. The game was filthy so I figure I'll give it a full cleaning before installing the protector. Underneath is impressive! Lots of metal for the subway.

Wondering if anyone has any tips for installing the protector? It looks pretty straight forward, but thought I would ask just in case

#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

Hi golfers,
I'm interested in trying to minimize the "clankiness" of my machine. A couple of questions:
1. How much play should the slam ramp have? I'd imagine it shouldn't be overtightened to prevent damage, but mine jangles on the way up and down and makes multiple noises as each corner touches the playfield at a slightly different time. Is this normal or do I need to tighten/replace anything?

Mine has no play. Disassemble and clean the whole assembly and make sure there's no wear being caused on the shaft. Replace the coil sleeve.

Quoted from TwilightZone:

Anyone install a playfield protector on NGG?

Works great on mine, just be sure to re-level your wheel and gofer mechs.

#1463 3 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

Hi golfers,

My ramp was tilting when I first got it. Most of my issues was a worn bushing that goes around the shaft just below the playfield. That and tightening the mounting screws fixed mine.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-8790-5

#1464 3 years ago

Regarding the slam ramp: How is everyone's ramp for "twist"? The play on mine after replacing the coil sleeve and nyliner is minimal, but it has 5-10 degrees of twist-ability in it. I realize the custom 10-32 SHCS is supposed to hold the ramp straight, but it is really sloppy.

#1465 3 years ago

Does anyone have or know where I can get replacement NGG plastic ramps both the left and the right? Can't seem to find them in stock on any of the sites.

Screenshot_20210322-194114_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210322-194114_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210322-194149_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210322-194149_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1466 3 years ago
Quoted from jg65016:

Does anyone have or know where I can get replacement NGG plastic ramps both the left and the right? Can't seem to find them in stock on any of the sites.[quoted image][quoted image]

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-9688-5.html
https://www.coinoppartsetc.com/product/games-parts-pinball-machine-parts/no-good-gophers-pinball-machine-game-pinball-parts-left-0

#1467 3 years ago

Hey NGG owners, we have a rare prototype pcb aux 8 drive. Made in 1997 and has the red proto board. Wanted to give y'all a first chance at picking it up at https://www.pinballinc.com/

Happy Flippin'

-Turner

NGG_ElectroBoard (resized).JPGNGG_ElectroBoard (resized).JPG
#1468 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballInc:

Hey NGG owners, we have a rare prototype pcb aux 8 drive. Made in 1997 and has the red proto board. Wanted to give y'all a first chance at picking it up at https://www.pinballinc.com/
Happy Flippin'
-Turner
[quoted image]

What is this? And what does it do?

#1469 3 years ago

What is this? And what does it do?

This is the driver for the flasher solenoids in NGG!

Check page 138 for the nerdy technical stuff: https://www.ipdb.org/files/4338/Williams_1997_No_Good_Gofers_Manual.pdf

1 week later
#1470 3 years ago

Hey gofers
I’m almost in the club with deal done but have long wait with game on the boat to me here in Australia.
Looking around and buying some mods. ColourDMD a must. PDI glass I have ready. Led pop caps. Has anyone upgraded to the flipper fidelity sound package and if so is it worth it. It’s been a while since owning a Williams game and I always remember the sound not being that great. Any help appreciated. Scott

#1471 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Hey gofers
I’m almost in the club with deal done but have long wait with game on the boat to me here in Australia.
Looking around and buying some mods. ColourDMD a must. PDI glass I have ready. Led pop caps. Has anyone upgraded to the flipper fidelity sound package and if so is it worth it. It’s been a while since owning a Williams game and I always remember the sound not being that great. Any help appreciated. Scott

I did the pinwoofer super kit, and its amazing. The game actually has bass that thumps!! I also put the same kit in Fish Tales. Awesome stuff. I'm no help,on the flipper fidelity kits, I've never owned one.

#1472 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Hey gofers

Congrats! Flipper fidelity kits works well, agreed there is a lot of bass in the game. Sounds unbelievable during the 9 hole challenge

#1473 3 years ago

Ok so sounds like a speaker upgrade is worth the dollars. $145 from Pinball life for the flipper fidelity setup.

CoolCatPinball where is the pinwoofer kit from you fitted and can you remember cost?

#1474 3 years ago

I did the pinwoofer super kit, and its amazing. The game actually has bass that thumps!! I also put the same kit in Fish Tales. Awesome stuff. I'm no help,on the flipper fidelity kits, I've never owned one.

Ok I found it. Wow not cheap but has way more than just a speaker upgrade like the flipper fidelity is. Hmmm I’m not sure which way to jump now. Thanks for the response.

#1475 3 years ago

I tried the flipper fidelity speakers, although just the 2 backbox speakers. I found them not worth the upgrade and used them in another machine instead

#1476 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I tried the flipper fidelity speakers, although just the 2 backbox speakers. I found them not worth the upgrade and used them in another machine instead

Hey mate thanks for the advice. Appreciate it. I’ve spoken to some that say yes it’s worth it and others that say it’s not.
I’m thinking I might grab a set and like you if it’s no good in this I can put into something else. That pinwoofer sounds great but by the time I do the AUD exchange it’s over $500. Too hard to justify.

#1477 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Hey mate thanks for the advice. Appreciate it. I’ve spoken to some that say yes it’s worth it and others that say it’s not.
I’m thinking I might grab a set and like you if it’s no good in this I can put into something else. That pinwoofer sounds great but by the time I do the AUD exchange it’s over $500. Too hard to justify.

Yeah, $500 would be a no go for me too. That stinks about the exchange rate.

1 week later
#1478 2 years ago

Looking for Bud and Buzz replacement figures. Any help is appreciated.
The spot in Texas is no longer 3d printing replacement figures.

#1479 2 years ago
Quoted from coniferpinball:

Looking for Bud and Buzz replacement figures. Any help is appreciated.
The spot in Texas is no longer 3d printing replacement figures.

I just grabbed some from a pinsider. It might be worth while seeing if he has anymore. See below link.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bud-ampamp-buzz-gopher-head-set-nos#post-6202100

#1480 2 years ago

Hi to all

We have a mold for Bud and Buzz and could produce some sets.
We stopped this project because they were apparently being made by others,
At the moment we dont have time to do the decoration, we are flooded with other work and playfield production.
We can cast a few set if you need some. Here is an image of Bud and Buzz which we casted begingen of the year.
If you wish to have a set, please send me an email to peter(et)buthamburg.de

Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter
www.buthamburg.de

IMG_9736 (resized).JPGIMG_9736 (resized).JPG
#1481 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I just grabbed some from a pinsider. It might be worth while seeing if he has anymore. See below link.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bud-ampamp-buzz-gopher-head-set-nos#post-6202100

Appreciate it, I've reached out.

#1482 2 years ago

Appreciate it Peter, I sent you an email

#1483 2 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hi to all
We have a mold for Bud and Buzz and could produce some sets.
We stopped this project because they were apparently being made by others,
At the moment we dont have time to do the decoration, we are flooded with other work and playfield production.
We can cast a few set if you need some. Here is an image of Bud and Buzz which we casted begingen of the year.
If you wish to have a set, please send me an email to peter(et)buthamburg.de
Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter
www.buthamburg.de
[quoted image]

Email sent - thanks guys !!

#1484 2 years ago

I’ll get a set. You can put with my Black Rose playfield if it ever gets finished.

#1485 2 years ago

Hello to all

I dont have track on pinside members names, if you wish to have a set, then please send me an email to peter(et)buthamburg.de
If I dont receive an email, you wont get a set.
Im just trying to help out and will only cast a few sets to those that ordered.

Black Roase Playfields will defnitly be. We are going to print Road Show now, then we have time to work up the art files and milling files for Black Rose.

Regards from hamburg
Peter
www.buthamburg.de

#1486 2 years ago

I would be interested in a set as well. I sent a message.

#1487 2 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

At the moment we dont have time to do the decoration

Please give this group a heads up if/when you produce some decorated sets of these.

#1488 2 years ago

What is the video mode in the game? I see it, but it never comes up.

#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Please give this group a heads up if/when you produce some decorated sets of these.

Will do so.
Have a nice weekend

Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter
www.buthamburg.de

#1490 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/no-good-gofers/details

The words 'Video Mode' can be seen when it flicks through the different 'Gofers Choice' awards, but it's an inside joke as it doesn't actually have a video mode.

#1491 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Glad you asked I’d still be looking for it!

#1492 2 years ago

Hey gang, does anyone have, or know where I can find a high-res file of the lower cabinet graphics? One that might be used to print decals, altho I am not doing that.

#1493 2 years ago

We are happy to announce that finally original WMS tooled Buzz and Budd Gophers are available again! Buzz 31-2955.1 and Budd 31-2956.1 are now here to stay. Decorated by Back Alley Creations for that authentic detailed look! These are injection molded figures (not silicon molded) and correct material and color.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-295X-1

#1494 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We are happy to announce that finally original WMS tooled Buzz and Budd Gophers are available again! Buzz 31-2955.1 and Budd 31-2956.1 are now here to stay. Decorated by Back Alley Creations for that authentic detailed look! These are injection molded figures (not silicon molded) and correct material and color.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-295X-1

I ordered a set over the weekend... Hopefully it will ship soon!

#1495 2 years ago

just ordered replacement bud and buzz from planetary pinball. Are there any tricks or a best way to put new ones in? I havent had glass off since they both broke 6 months ago.

#1496 2 years ago
Quoted from sbauers73:

just ordered replacement bud and buzz from planetary pinball. Are there any tricks or a best way to put new ones in? I havent had glass off since they both broke 6 months ago.

The common advice is to do it with them down, from under the playfield.

#1497 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Agreed, each assembly can be removed, much easier to replace them.
B7209A95-2956-41FB-BC49-919DCEBFA4B9 (resized).pngB7209A95-2956-41FB-BC49-919DCEBFA4B9 (resized).png

#1498 2 years ago

New to the club here!

I just got a replacement set for mine since they were really beat up and cracking. Any advice on clear coating the new gofers? Is it worth it or should I not bother and just install the new ones?

#1499 2 years ago

While i'm swapping my gofers, i'm going to strip and repaint the black caps with some high-end ceramic paint, then put mylar on them to protect the paint.
Seems like with home use, they should stay pretty for a few years!

#1500 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Just watch out for the springs

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
4,800 (OBO)
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.