(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 43.
#101 9 years ago

Yeah, for the black/grey sockets you need 545 blinking bulbs (or blinking leds, cause these 545 are horribly expensive)

#102 9 years ago

Arg! Mine had 906 in them, so that's what I bought in an led / flasher. My manual doors not seen to list the back box bulbs?

#103 9 years ago

Thanks BTW

#104 9 years ago

It's on page 2-44 under general illumination.

#105 9 years ago

Thanks.

Do the Marco led versions blink at different intervals?

#106 9 years ago

Hi guys, just checking in as a new pinsider, but long-time owner of a NGG. I got it new from a distributor that had it set up in their showroom as a demo back in 2001. So not quite HUO, but in great condition.

#107 9 years ago

Welcome to the forums!

#108 9 years ago

Well I am in the club!! picked up this beauty, I have to believe it's the nicest(maybe tied) all original gofers around . This is my second gofers and a keeper , it plays so nice !

image.jpgimage.jpg image-946.jpgimage-946.jpg
#109 9 years ago

Now all you need is a good camera

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Yea I was just lazy I have a nice SLR, I'll get some better pics when I have the
Time

#111 9 years ago

My lights under the upper playfield under the blue areas (hole in one and lightning bolts) aren't working. What should I check to fix that?

#112 9 years ago

Sounds like you have a GI string out. I would go into test cycle through the strings. If you get to one and you have 0 lights that's your bad string. Check the manual and see what which connector that string is, see if the connector is loose or burnt and check the fuse for that connector. if this fix is not obvious at that point check back here. Im not an expert pin tech but that should be a good start.

#113 9 years ago

Will do. Thank you.

#114 9 years ago

I've had mine for about 6 months now. Hate golf, but love NGG. My boys are pinball junkies because of this game. Too bad it started with the random resets, and died a couple days ago. I'm thinking I need to rebuild the power section. If anyone has any insight I'm all ears. Can't wait to get it going again. Filthy when I got it, however cleaned up nice. Had to touch up the area under the slam ramp. Used JB weld, with new overlay. Turned out great. Great game. This one will not leave the game room.

#115 9 years ago

Hey do you guys think I should install cliffy switch slot protectors on this? Mine are in perfect shape now.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My lights under the upper playfield under the blue areas (hole in one and lightning bolts) aren't working. What should I check to fix that?

If they're the lights I'm thinking of, those are flashers, not GI. Look for the flasher tests to test those out. They only flash at specific times and are normally off.

#117 9 years ago

I ran the flasher test and they do work! I'm just not sure at what point during the game that they flash?

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I ran the flasher test and they do work! I'm just not sure at what point during the game that they flash?

Looks like a shot up any of the ramps will trigger them.

#119 9 years ago

Yea, this game has some really cool effects with the flashers. Have any of you put LED flashers in? I am thinking just keep the standard flashers as there is a lot of fade in/out effects with them.

Glad its working!

#120 9 years ago

Keep your Standard flashers in. I put LED's in mine and they about send you to the hospital when they fire! Very cool but you go blind, especially in a dark environment.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Keep your Standard flashers in. I put LED's in mine and they about send you to the hospital when they fire! Very cool but you go blind, especially in a dark environment.

I figured as much Did you do LED's in the rest of the game?

#122 9 years ago

I LED'd everything but the flashers. It looks really nice.

Any thoughts on these? Yay/Nay?...
sides.gifsides.gif

#123 9 years ago

I have the large super 7-LED bulbs in all the dome flashers in the game, color coded to the blue/red/white under the caps. I have 3-LED bright LEDs or OpMax (basically a car headlight bulb) for the rest of the flashers, like under the ramps. I also play in the dark. It looks like a freaking firework show in there when I do. I love it. The whole multiball experience with the lights slowly turning on up the playfield and all the flashers going off is awesome. My poor husband suffers from migraines and can't even play it.

I also rainbowed-up all the inserts because yellow and orange got old really fast. Looking at the virtual stock one on Pinball Arcade is weird now. The only thing I really wish I had was one of the LED OCD boards to keep the fading/dimming effects since in attract mode it tends to flicker, but I rarely have it turned on except when playing so it's not a big deal to me.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Well I am in the club!! picked up this beauty, I have to believe it's the nicest(maybe tied) all original gofers around . This is my second gofers and a keeper , it plays so nice !

image.jpg 331 KB

image-946.jpg 318 KB

So you are the one that bought the 4000 dollar one down there in Florida..

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

sides.gif 71 KB

I saw those, I think nay but who knows they may look cool. I was going to the backboard decal but not sure its worth the effort.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

So you are the one that bought the 4000 dollar one down there in Florida..

Yea the one from Charlotte. Its my second gofers, wanted a really nice one so happy with it.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I figured as much Did you do LED's in the rest of the game?

Yes, color matched inserts. Looks really good.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Hadn't seen those before, but they look a little boring.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Have any of you put LED flashers in?

I have LED Flashers in mine and it looks good.

#130 9 years ago

What's everyone's high score?

I've only managed 62mill. For some reason, my first ball is always stinko.

My goal is to complete 18holes. 13th hole has been the furthest I've gotten.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What's everyone's high score?

High Scores vary so much from machine to diff'rent rules. Just fixed battery holder so mine probably little over 100

#132 9 years ago

On my old one it was in the 60's, new one GC is not mike but it's 120 something.

Flips so strong on new one I can't hit hold in onr as much

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Ok here you go better pics

DSC_0350.jpgDSC_0350.jpgDSC_0352.jpgDSC_0352.jpgDSC_0353.jpgDSC_0353.jpgDSC_0354.jpgDSC_0354.jpg

#134 9 years ago

you should probably replace that slam ramp flap as it looks a little deformed

also put a little felt under the slam ramp as it looks like it's touching the playfield a bit due to the mark I see

#135 9 years ago

I can't locate 2 of the clear plastics on my NGG as pictured on

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-NGG5

The big L shaped one in the lower left corner of the picture,
and the small hook shaped one in the upper right corner of the picture

Where do these go on the pin?

Thanks!

Bob C

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

you should probably replace that slam ramp flap as it looks a little deformed
also put a little felt under the slam ramp as it looks like it's touching the playfield a bit due to the mark I see

There are little rubber nubs under the ramp but. The flap itself seems fine the marks are like a light scratch in the mylar piece that's there and down go to the playfield . I'm going to put a new piece of mylar and maybe a thin piece of felt under the flap . It's all original no decal .

#137 9 years ago

By the way gofer club where can I find the best instruction cards to print for this game ?

#138 9 years ago

www.pinballcards.com

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/card/card.htm

http://pinballcards.blogspot.com
(check the "old posts" too)

Is where I pick and choose

BTW congrads on getting that great game! Glad to hear all is OK with the flap etc...It's hard to tell on pictures

#139 9 years ago

Yea it's really darn near perfect very happy with it. The flap probably does have the slighest bend upward so it catche the light funny with the glad which is what you see . If anything it makes it less likely to dig into the playfield.

I will say I'm a little nervous about removing the old Mylar

#140 9 years ago

This table really needs the ColorDMD treatment. So much color on the machine and the standard DMD almost looks out of place.

#141 9 years ago

Here's the picture of the clears I was referring to.

Thanks!

Bob C

Quoted from BobC:

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-NGG5
Thanks!
Bob C

GS-NGG5L.jpgGS-NGG5L.jpg
#142 9 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Thanks!
Bob C

The small one in the upper right goes above the putting green scoop, back left. I'm not sure where the big L-shaped one goes.nggplastic.jpgnggplastic.jpg

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

This table really needs the ColorDMD treatment. So much color on the machine and the standard DMD almost looks out of place.

I know I am so in for that hopefully soon. This game is a keeper for me , gofers was actually my first game it was a solid one but I sold it. Missed and and searched for a amazing example and was lucky to find this. So barring me just totally getting out of the hobby this one will stay and I would love to get a color DMD !!

#144 9 years ago

Post edited by mandelbloom: double post

#145 9 years ago

Hey guys my mini playfield has a little wiggle to it is this normal?

I'm guessing so since it attaches with one post and then the slots in the back.

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hey guys my mini playfield has a little wiggle to it is this normal?
I'm guessing so since it attaches with one post and then the slots in the back.

Yes!

#147 9 years ago

I've added a thin cable tie (zip tie) to the back of the upper playfield through one of the small wire harnesses for the lighting wires and looped through where the upper playfield slots in at the back just to make it a little more secure

#148 9 years ago

Spent the weekend changing some LED colors, replaced some post sleeves, installed lighted flipper buttons, and replaced flipper rubbers with super bands.

How do you remove the left post sleeve from the slam ramp? I couldn't figure that out.
Just noticed I took the full shot before I changed out the flippers and post sleeves. Doh!

led.jpegled.jpeg
fliplight.jpegfliplight.jpeg
ramppost.jpegramppost.jpeg

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Spent the weekend changing some LED colors, replaced some post sleeves,

Make sure to put the correct tapered post sleeve to the right of the right ramp.

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Make sure to put the correct tapered post sleeve to the right of the right ramp.

The black one to the right of the Buzz ramp?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

4,800 (OBO)
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.