(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 43.
#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
We have laid of this project completely. It’s no use for us anymore because of pirates, Brazil gay producing them illegal.
It is just no use to continue this, it is a lot of work to do these right. The hobby makes the parts with cheap molds that won’t last long,
but take away the sales. This is what is stopping manufactures on making parts.
Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter
www.buthamburg.de

Surely if you were first and your product is better, pinsiders will buy from you! Do you know if you have lost sales?

#1402 3 years ago

Got my NGG shopped and running now. First time playing, is this game known for center drains? Or maybe I don't have it leveled properly. I am constantly getting center drains; if it hits the kick targets it will center drain, if it hits upper posts it will center drain, if it doesnt make it up the ramps it will center drain, if it hits the post by the slam ramp it will center drain.

#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from jared125:

Got my NGG shopped and running now. First time playing, is this game known for center drains? Or maybe I don't have it leveled properly. I am constantly getting center drains; if it hits the kick targets it will center drain, if it hits upper posts it will center drain, if it doesnt make it up the ramps it will center drain, if it hits the post by the slam ramp it will center drain.

Sounds like you have it setup right to me.

#1404 3 years ago

Seems I didn't take very good pictures when I took this thing apart and now I have no idea where these go, anyone know? TIA

IMG_9135 (resized).jpgIMG_9135 (resized).jpg
#1405 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Seems I didn't take very good pictures when I took this thing apart and now I have no idea where these go, anyone know? TIA
[quoted image]

Under the flashers, covers a switch. Discovered that 1 is missing on my game. Darn

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1406 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

[quoted image]

Those are part of the A-22599 "Ball Hang Up Repair Kit", to be mounted by the "lower ramp flasher domes". Instructions on IPDB: https://www.ipdb.org/files/4338/NGG_A_22599.pdf

#1407 3 years ago

Gotta love pinside, thanks very much guys, that was driving me crazy!!

#1408 3 years ago

I bought a new upper playfield from planetary. It was beautiful. Until I put a scratch in it just as I was putting it all back together. I was so careful, but apparently not careful enough. This thing scratches so easily. Weird it did not come with protective film. I tried to remove the scratch with novus by hand followed directions. As I suspected still left with scratch but now have hazing as well. Do I need a small buffer? In the real world has anyone ever removed scratches so it looks like new? Will probably leave as I don’t want to make it worse, just curious about other peoples efforts.

#1409 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I bought a new upper playfield from planetary. It was beautiful. Until I put a scratch in it just as I was putting it all back together. I was so careful, but apparently not careful enough. This thing scratches so easily. Weird it did not come with protective film. I tried to remove the scratch with novus by hand followed directions. As I suspected still left with scratch but now have hazing as well. Do I need a small buffer? In the real world has anyone ever removed scratches so it looks like new? Will probably leave as I don’t want to make it worse, just curious about other peoples efforts.

Damn that sucks. Sounds like something that would happen to me. I replaced mine not that long ago. It's tough to be careful on that one. I have no idea what to do there.

#1410 3 years ago

Planetary got back to me. They can’t have a film in it since it needs to be bent. It’s made of polycarbonate. It’s off to the side. Sort of near the spotlight stack. Think I will leave it.

Thanks.

Quoted from whthrs166:

Damn that sucks. Sounds like something that would happen to me. I replaced mine not that long ago. It's tough to be careful on that one. I have no idea what to do there.

Quoted from whthrs166:

#1411 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
We have laid of this project completely. It’s no use for us anymore because of pirates, Brazil gay producing them illegal.
It is just no use to continue this, it is a lot of work to do these right. The hobby makes the parts with cheap molds that won’t last long,
but take away the sales. This is what is stopping manufactures on making parts.
Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter
www.buthamburg.de

If you finished them up, i'd for sure buy a set.
I've not been able to find them anywhere for sale so if someone stole the design they didn't get them to market.

#1412 3 years ago

I just heard my 6 year old son call my 3 year old son, “Hey Clubfoot” as an insult. It kind of made my day.

#1413 3 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

I just heard my 6 year old son call my 3 year old son, “Hey Clubfoot” as an insult. It kind of made my day.

Go Pound Some Sand Hacker!

1 week later
#1414 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Sounds like you have it setup right to me.

Haha no doubt. New to the forum but half of my pinball addiction is due to this game and you're both right!

2 weeks later
#1415 3 years ago

If you haven't seen on this thread:https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg20-new-code-for-your-no-good-gofers-2020/page/5#post-5808116 I am rewriting the code for NGG. The pinmame portion needs some work and I need to rewrite the code that controls the slam ramp and the wheel.
For those of you who have a NGG please give me a hand because I don't want to have to go back and install the original boards.

What I need to know is how long exactly does the slam ramp stay down when it fires. I am thinking it is about 3 seconds but if someone could time it with a stop watch then that would be helpful.

#1416 3 years ago

Going through parts today for games that I no longer own and came across these. They are NOS original WMS; The ball hangup field update kit is sealed and the disk decal is textured! If you need these, PM me!

89B8A68D-C370-449D-8D5D-90B04617A308 (resized).jpeg89B8A68D-C370-449D-8D5D-90B04617A308 (resized).jpeg
#1417 3 years ago

Joined the NGG club a few weeks ago. I have wanted this game for quite some time. It’s pretty rough but can’t wait to get the parts to clean it up. I have a question that I need help on. When I turn off the game, it loses all memory settings, date settings and each time I have to go in and set everything up again. I changed the batteries thinking that might fix it, but it did not. Anyone know what I need to do to fix the issue? Thank you.

#1418 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello To all.
We are on them, they will be ready soon.
The Idea came up to make them, because we are also producing the playfields.
They should be ready in a few weeks.
Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter
www.buthamburg.de[quoted image]

I would like to buy 2 sets of these when they are ready.

#1419 3 years ago

With game off, check your dc volts coming off the batteries to D2 diode that sits below the batteries. The non-banded end should show 4.5v or better from the batteries. If not, you have either bad battery contacts or other broken connection somewhere near the battery holder. If 4.5v is ok, check the other end of the diode, the banded end, should have 4v or so. If not memory will be lost. If 4.5v on one end 0 on the other means a bad diode D2. Pretty simple voltage checks should narrow in on the problem quickly.
Have to enter my score from yesterday just for bragging rights. 814 million. Don't know if that is really great, but by far my best game ever.
Good luck.

#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from Ronkz650:

With game off, check your dc volts coming off the batteries to D2 diode that sits below the batteries. The non-banded end should show 4.5v or better from the batteries. If not, you have either bad battery contacts or other broken connection somewhere near the battery holder. If 4.5v is ok, check the other end of the diode, the banded end, should have 4v or so. If not memory will be lost. If 4.5v on one end 0 on the other means a bad diode D2. Pretty simple voltage checks should narrow in on the problem quickly.
Have to enter my score from yesterday just for bragging rights. 814 million. Don't know if that is really great, but by far my best game ever.
Good luck.

Thank you very much. With your reply I was able to repair it.

4 weeks later
#1421 3 years ago

Does anyone have for sale, or know where I can buy new Bud and Buzz figures? Doing a restoration and both are missing.

#1422 3 years ago
Quoted from Headwires:

Does anyone have for sale, or know where I can buy new Bud and Buzz figures? Doing a restoration and both are missing.

Post #1391

1 week later
#1423 3 years ago
Quoted from Headwires:

I ordered mine from http://3dlirious.com/

Just send them an email requesting a set. You can get them painted or plain. I got mine plain and painted them myself. They turned out great.

1 week later
#1424 3 years ago

So I have an odd issue with my Gofers, seems software related. When I light the locks the ramps will not go up. When it happens to Buzz I cant event shoot the lock, eventually he will come up to talk trash and the ramp will stay up. When it happens to bud it will virtual lock. Multiball the ramp goes up as it should. They check out 100% in test go up , ramp locks, it goes down. Switches show correctly. I did a "feature reset" and tested the gofers and it worked once then went back to old behavior. Makes no sense? Could it be a bad ROM?

Not that it matters but this is a HUO machine with 1700 plays so its in pretty good shape, no board issues etc etc.. very odd.

#1425 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

So I have an odd issue with my Gofers, seems software related. When I light the locks the ramps will not go up. When it happens to Buzz I cant event shoot the lock, eventually he will come up to talk trash and the ramp will stay up. When it happens to bud it will virtual lock. Multiball the ramp goes up as it should. They check out 100% in test go up , ramp locks, it goes down. Switches show correctly. I did a "feature reset" and tested the gofers and it worked once then went back to old behavior. Makes no sense? Could it be a bad ROM?
Not that it matters but this is a HUO machine with 1700 plays so its in pretty good shape, no board issues etc etc.. very odd.

I had the exact thing happen to one of my ramps. Ordered these lift catch parts from Marco and now good to go: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-14739.1

#1426 3 years ago
Quoted from coniferpinball:

I had the exact thing happen to one of my ramps. Ordered these lift catch parts from Marco and now good to go: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-14739.1

Ok thanks .. did they work fine in test ?

#1427 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Ok thanks .. did they work fine in test ?

Yes, like I said, exactly the same problem. Test worked, gopher would go up and down, occasionally holding the ramp open. Game compensated by virtual lock. Parts are dirt cheap and super easy fix. Make sure to also order https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-6376 and https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-14832 that way you'll have no issues when replacing. replace the spring while you're at it.

Best idea is to look at the mech in your NGG manual. It'll have all the part numbers. PM me if you don't have on and I'll scan and send you that page.

#1428 3 years ago

coniferpinball ok great thanks ! I am getting them from cliffy he has some “better” ones but I will order the rest from here.

#1429 3 years ago

Anybody know where i can find the plastic latch for the gofers ?

2 months later
#1430 3 years ago

Shit. This just happened. Can I still get a replacement? Has this happened to anyone?
Kinda freakin out.

20201228_195311 (resized).jpg20201228_195311 (resized).jpg
#1431 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Shit. This just happened. Can I still get a replacement? Has this happened to anyone?
Kinda freakin out.[quoted image]

I’m sure you’ve looked, but I found full slam ramp assemblies at Mantis and also Marco. Here’s the Marco link: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10964.1

I’m not sure if there’s any other way to get just that section of the assembly.

#1432 3 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

I’m sure you’ve looked, but I found full slam ramp assemblies at Mantis and also Marco. Here’s the Marco link: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10964.1
I’m not sure if there’s any other way to get just that section of the assembly.

Oh good. I hadn't looked yet. Thanks.
Think it's worth trying to weld it?

#1433 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I’m no expert on welding, but if you have cheap access to it, it’s probably worth a shot since the replacement is almost $90. Plus, since you’re using the decal art on it, the weld won’t show.

#1434 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That's interesting it failed there. If you weld it it will likely hold up for a very long time. In this scenario when there are nice OEM (Marco) or repro (Mantis) parts available, I just get one because you never know when you won't be able to find one.

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm not sure what it's made out of, but if it's stainless, welding may not be that simple for everyone.
Can it be done? I'm sure. But you need the skill and equipment.

Regardless, i'd just buy one.

1 week later
#1436 3 years ago

I'm looking for replacement Bud and Buzz. I see lots of similar posts with no response. Anyone have a source right now? Thanks

#1437 3 years ago

Got my replacement slam ramp today. It isn't built like my old one. It is missing the side piece/ part that goes over the top of the left post.
Not sure what to do.
Tried to take the posts off my old one, unfortunately, the screw heads on the underside of the posts were crap and stripped with little pressure.

20210106_185131 (resized).jpg20210106_185131 (resized).jpg20210106_185410 (resized).jpg20210106_185410 (resized).jpg
#1438 3 years ago

If you can remove the old one, here’s the replacement part. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-15002
This piece was used to prevent ball hang ups.

In your picture, it looks like the screw is already removed. It should just pop off, I think. I haven’t removed mine, so I’m just basing it on the pictures.

#1439 3 years ago

Oh. Thanks. My old one is actually welded on. Guess that was done by previous owner? I just assumed it came that way.
20210106_224807 (resized).jpg20210106_224807 (resized).jpg

#1440 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Oh. Thanks. My old one is actually welded on. Guess that was done by previous owner? I just assumed it came that way.
[quoted image]

This peace came with a "No Good Gofers ball hang-up repair kit". I think it doesn't need to be welded.

If you can't purchase this kit, it's just to prevent ball hang ups. Your new ramp should work without it. You could also put a self adhesive rubber bumper from a hardware store there or something like that.

You could also try to find someone who welds your original part together. Should be possible for someone with practice at welding.

#1441 3 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

This peace came with a "No Good Gofers ball hang-up repair kit". I think it doesn't need to be welded.
If you can't purchase this kit, it's just to prevent ball hang ups. Your new ramp should work without it. You could also put a self adhesive rubber bumper from a hardware store there or something like that.
You could also try to find someone who welds your original part together. Should be possible for someone with practice at welding.

Oh, I didn't read carefully. Just mount your new ramp, have fun, order the metal peace and mount afterwards... No welding necessary.

1 week later
#1442 3 years ago

Hey everybody! I just picked up my NGG a few days ago and it’s been awesome. It needed a good cleaning but it has cleaned up very nice. I’m not too familiar yet with the slam ramp parts and spinning wheel but could someone inform me what parts I should replace to “refresh” and keep them working as they should? (Bushings...ect). The Gofers seem to be working great but my right Gofer ramp won’t stay up to lock balls but I know what I need to order to fix that. So mainly looking for advice on the slam ramp and spinning wheel.

Also...how about a Mylar replacement for under the slam ramp? Or I’m seeing people use felt? Mine needs some help, but luckily hasn’t dug into the playfield.

Thanks!

#1443 3 years ago
Quoted from mauricio-gigante:

I have a pairs of Bud and buzz, Very resistant. I from Brazil
[quoted image]

do you have a link and are they still available for purchase? thanks

#1444 3 years ago

Hi all,
I just picked up a NGG and it has the 1.0 code on it. I see there is a 1.2 and 1.3 code ROM you can get (and even a huge 2.0 upgrade). Is it necessary or worthwhile to upgrade? Does 1.3 contain all the previous 1.2 stuff? Thanks in advance!

#1445 3 years ago
Quoted from Spanky7:

Hi all,
I just picked up a NGG and it has the 1.0 code on it. I see there is a 1.2 and 1.3 code ROM you can get (and even a huge 2.0 upgrade). Is it necessary or worthwhile to upgrade? Does 1.3 contain all the previous 1.2 stuff? Thanks in advance!

Updates are done for a reason, usually bug fixes or game Improvement. 1.3 contains the previous versions changes

Courtesy of IPDB:

Williams No Good Gofers 06-Apr-98

Software Release - Rev 1.3

G11 checksum Rev 1.3: $6213
ROM date is: 04/06/98

Changes from Version 1.2:

- Improved ball search and missing ball compensation.
- Improved Hole-in-One Challenge interaction with Ripoff and
Pop-A-Gofer.
- Some display and speech improvements.

Software Release - Rev 1.2

G11 checksum Rev 1.2: $4C12
ROM date is: 02/16/98

This G11 works with all shipped versions of the sound ROMs.
No update is necessary from version 1.0 sound ROMs.

Changes from version 1.0:

- Added new adjustment A2.32 (KICK DOWN MIDDLE). This adjustment
(defaults to NO) turns off the kick from the Putting Green down
towards the flippers. The kick will still happen at the start
of Mulitball, but all other arrivals will be passed to the
jet bumpers. Setting this to YES reverts to the original action.
- Improved switch handling for the Golf Cart toy.
- Changed rules slightly to light the Slam Ramp for one shot
when a gofer is whacked.
- Changed Golf Stroke rules. Every hole starts at 7, the count
drops by hitting gofer, making a drive shot, or putting out.
- Fixed a bug in status report.
- Some lamp and display glitches fixed.
- Improved kickback coil fire timing.
- Speech has been made a little more player-friendly.

Software Release - Rev 1.0

G11 checksum Rev 1.0: $A310
ROM date is: 12/01/97

This G11 works with all shipped versions of the sound ROMs.

Changes from version 0.5:

- Added German, French and Spanish translations
- Fixed german default pricing
- Fixed broken Time per Credit bookkeeping entry.
- Tournament mode rules adjusted.
- Many new lamp and display improvements.
- Improved broken switch and gofer compensation.
- Some speech improvements.
- Added Gofer test and Ordered Lamp test
- Added Hole-in-One and Daily Champions
- Fixed bug in Super Drive.
- Added difficulty preset adjustments
- Fixed ramp count bug on 5th multiball wave.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Hole in One challenge from starting
off a true hole-in-one.
- More support for burn-in testing

1 week later
#1446 3 years ago

Just joined the club. Had a question sometimes will be playing the game. At random so far another ball will get launched. Could it be a simple trough adjustment or maybe the game getting confused when locking balls.

#1447 3 years ago
Quoted from sbauers73:

I'm looking for replacement Bud and Buzz. I see lots of similar posts with no response. Anyone have a source right now? Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-good-gofers-bud-and-buzz-reproduction#post-5694974

Mine are holding up well.

#1448 3 years ago

I checked with them about a month ago and for legal reasons they stopped making. They did say they are looking into making some again that arent exact replicas but with same functiionality.

1 week later
#1449 3 years ago

Has anyone else gotten tired of unplugging the back-glass and installed a light board? Did this the past weekend and eliminated the tub. Used LED strips for most of of it, but still installed 5 sockets for the 555 blinkers. Had most of the parts around the workshop, only ran out and spent $2 on the bolt latch. Used JM for sizing the board.

20210207_141239 (resized).jpg20210207_141239 (resized).jpg20210207_141246 (resized).jpg20210207_141246 (resized).jpg20210207_141249 (resized).jpg20210207_141249 (resized).jpg

#1450 3 years ago

That looks great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,800 (OBO)
$ 37.50
5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/29?hl=ronkz650 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.