(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 43.
#1351 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Oh okay I thought it was a screw. Can they be hammered out on either side?

they are installed in a direction so usually one end may be a little flared. Look to see if one side looks a little larger, if it is drive out in reverse. If not drive from either end. Does this make sense.
Usually what I do is do it on a piece of wood. I drill a hole in the would little bigger than the roll pin. I set plunger on top of board with the hole lined up with the pin. I then place roll pin punch on roll pin and strike with hammer. Now remember you don’t have to drive the pin completely out, only enough to get latch spring out. Install new part and use hammer to drive pin back in. You probably won’t need pin punch for that.

#1352 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

they are installed in a direction so usually one end may be a little flared. Look to see if one side looks a little larger, if it is drive out in reverse. If not drive from either end. Does this make sense.
Usually what I do is do it on a piece of wood. I drill a hole in the would little bigger than the roll pin. I set plunger on top of board with the hole lined up with the pin. I then place roll pin punch on roll pin and strike with hammer. Now remember you don’t have to drive the pin completely out, only enough to get latch spring out. Install new part and use hammer to drive pin back in. You probably won’t need pin punch for that.

I’ll probably just use a small nail to punch in out.

#1353 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I'd recommend the correct tool for the job - https://www.amazon.com/Pieces-Gunsmithing-Removing-Automotive-Jewelry/dp/B07JNS1ZF7/ref=sr_1_4

#1354 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I'd recommend the correct tool for the job - amazon.com link »

As a mechanic I would also recommend spending a few dollars and getting the right tool for the job. Otherwise you will damage parts.

#1355 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

As a mechanic I would also recommend spending a few dollars and getting the right tool for the job. Otherwise you will damage parts.

Thanks guys I’ll order them. Kicker is I bought the whole thing today online because I didn’t realize it was a pin and thought it was a stripped screw.. Oh well I guess I’ll practice on it and maybe replace the other side then. Thabks!

#1356 4 years ago

Does any body have scans of the plastics?

#1357 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Not to be a jerk but no you wont. You need an actual punch. I see that you ordered them but hopefully this will deter another person from trying.

#1358 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Not to be a jerk but no you wont. You need an actual punch. I see that you ordered them but hopefully this will deter another person from trying.

Well I don't really need it now since I bought the whole complete mech online that's one piece, but once I get those punch tools I'll try them out..

1 week later
#1359 4 years ago

Hello club. Helping my friend work on his NGG when he turns his game on after it boots, the wheel does not stop spinning. Wheel test spins and stops properly even though a space or 2 off the correct wheel award. Game will start and play but obviously something is going on there.

Any ideas?

1 week later
#1360 3 years ago

Can anyone print me some insert decals for Increase Bud Value insert and the one above it that says drive? Let me know..

#1361 3 years ago

What have you guys done for lighting to make it look right? Most games i'm content with all natural white comet 4smd or frosted, but I feel like they have given my pin a little bit of a hospital operating room type of look on the top half.
Typically I don't colorize the led's, but i'm feeling like in the case of this pin I may need to.
Do mirror blades help spread the lighting better?

Adding the decals to all the ramps has helped, but I still feel like i'm missing something.

#1362 3 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

What have you guys done for lighting to make it look right? Most games i'm content with all natural white comet 4smd or frosted, but I feel like they have given my pin a little bit of a hospital operating room type of look on the top half.
Typically I don't colorize the led's, but i'm feeling like in the case of this pin I may need to.
Do mirror blades help spread the lighting better?
Adding the decals to all the ramps has helped, but I still feel like i'm missing something.

Try sunlight bulbs

#1363 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Try sunlight bulbs

Yep, I love sunlight 2smd frosted.

#1364 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies.
You guys have any pics with the sunlights installed?

It just seems weird that out of 20 pins I have le'd, this is the first time I've had this outcome.
Is it me or is the lighting on this pin a unique problem?

#1365 3 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Thanks for the replies.
You guys have any pics with the sunlights installed?
It just seems weird that out of 20 pins I have le'd, this is the first time I've had this outcome.
Is it me or is the lighting on this pin a unique problem?

Although I'll probably be roasted for saying this, you could consider some stadium style lighting. Not the name brand pictured here, just my own creation....

20200418_214118 (resized).jpg20200418_214118 (resized).jpg
#1366 3 years ago

Thinking about powdercoating my NGG, maybe a blue or green. If anyone has done it, please post some pics.

1 week later
#1367 3 years ago

I've gotton myself a Gofer (yayy). And it turned out to have a surprise or five for me. One of which. I mean look at the plates for the gopher mechs showing clear evidence of being swapped around during the lifetime of this game. And one of them has also been removed and installed back in 180 degrees around.

I will boldly state that such would never happen under my watch. Am I the only one who naturally notice such when repairing games. And make sure things go in the same way.

Actually I wouldn't mind replacing these. Are they available?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1368 3 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Actually I wouldn't mind replacing these. Are they available?

Not that I’ve found.

You have two options: have a set made or grind down the tops.

I put mom on the surface grinder and made it flat. You’ll have to adjust the height of the mech to make it level with the pf, but probably would have to do that anyways.

#1369 3 years ago

Joined. Traded Jjp pirates for it. Happy.

5486E410-C43A-4A0A-AF72-9FC455B6381D (resized).jpeg5486E410-C43A-4A0A-AF72-9FC455B6381D (resized).jpeg
#1370 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Joined. Traded Jjp pirates for it. Happy.
[quoted image]

Wow! Welcome to the group. I hope you got lots of cash along with the machine. JJP Pirates is about 3x the value of NGG.

#1371 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Wow! Welcome to the group. I hope you got lots of cash along with the machine. JJP Pirates is about 3x the value of NGG.

Yep. I gave him 10k for this fine game. Just one thing I have to fix is some previous owner before him was a dick and put in a centre post. Now I have to fill it and sticker. Anybody done this sort of repair?

#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yep. I gave him 10k for this fine game. Just one thing I have to fix is some previous owner before him was a dick and put in a centre post. Now I have to fill it and sticker. Anybody done this sort of repair?

Oof.
I'd either leave it.
Other option is to pull it out, fill it, sand it, paint it.

#1373 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Oof.
I'd either leave it.
Other option is to pull it out, fill it, sand it, paint it.

Builders Bogged it. The guy I bought it from is getting a decal made. Then will Mylar over the top.

F878D425-E150-447B-BA39-F63BBA98415A (resized).jpegF878D425-E150-447B-BA39-F63BBA98415A (resized).jpegEA260234-CB19-463E-A8C8-4CA913A5BE89 (resized).jpegEA260234-CB19-463E-A8C8-4CA913A5BE89 (resized).jpegF1988C0B-38FC-48DE-8A24-D05D0C8173A7 (resized).jpegF1988C0B-38FC-48DE-8A24-D05D0C8173A7 (resized).jpeg
#1375 3 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Would a golf ball decal like this work. Granted it’s not original. amazon.com link »

That’s not a bad idea!

1 week later
#1376 3 years ago

I sporadically have 2500 scored when the ball comes out of the trough. Trying to track down a switch problem. Is this the normal matrix?

Will try hitting playfield see if anything is activating.

Also not all of my pop bumper lights are lit whilst playing but are when idle.

28D0D346-232C-4745-8FF3-E6EB68BD8FB7 (resized).jpeg28D0D346-232C-4745-8FF3-E6EB68BD8FB7 (resized).jpeg
#1377 3 years ago

Normal when what? This indicates the trough is all loaded.

#1378 3 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Normal when what? This indicates the trough is all loaded.

Yes balls were all there and game switched on and test started. Just asking if these are the switches I should see. Was wondering if someone else can compare it to their switch matrix. Thanks.

#1379 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I sporadically have 2500 scored when the ball comes out of the trough.

NGG is prone to be a little 'buggy' This has happened on my game over the years also.

#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

NGG is prone to be a little 'buggy' This has happened on my game over the years also.

Thanks! First machine I’ve worked on since bad cats and World Cup. And pirates.....

We’re really enjoying it. Getting ColorDMD and new upper playfield.

I hope you’re still finding yours fun! I know it’s not deep, just after a fun fast shooter that won’t take 1 hour to play.

1 week later
#1381 3 years ago

Ok fixed it. Went from this

CB93EB0D-9B96-42CC-A494-79E686F33912 (resized).jpegCB93EB0D-9B96-42CC-A494-79E686F33912 (resized).jpeg
#1382 3 years ago

To this

CB13A9E1-8537-47F4-B80F-3A6DC186BEBB (resized).jpegCB13A9E1-8537-47F4-B80F-3A6DC186BEBB (resized).jpeg3E89853A-9D18-4794-89CD-1A4DA15F4BAE (resized).jpeg3E89853A-9D18-4794-89CD-1A4DA15F4BAE (resized).jpeg
#1383 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

To this[quoted image][quoted image]

Nicely done!!

#1384 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

To this[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work!

#1385 3 years ago

Well done indeed!

#1386 3 years ago

Hi All. I recently picked up a NGG. I am in the process of stripping it down and cleaning. Looking for a couple of items:

1. The ramp and target decals. CoinTaker does not have them available any longer.
2. "Trap Ready" insert. The one in this machine looks like it melted a bit and half of it is severely discolored.

Looking forward to playing. Thanks!

1 week later
#1387 3 years ago

OK guys, Is your autolauncher kicking the ball all the way up the ramp and around to the left flipper? Everytime? On mine One out of every five balls doesn't make it. I have been working on this issue for awhile and I cannot get any better response. I know that both tangs on the autolauncher have to be in contact with the ball (not just one) The launcher really pushes the ball. It doesn't kick it. I have a Williams AE- 23800 coil on the launcher. Is there a coil that is stronger?

83FC1A3C-CB25-45E1-B808-614FC8FF0C37 (resized).jpeg83FC1A3C-CB25-45E1-B808-614FC8FF0C37 (resized).jpeg
#1388 3 years ago

OK... how did that pic get in there^^^^ go figure...

#1389 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

OK guys, Is your autolauncher kicking the ball all the way up the ramp and around to the left flipper? Everytime? On mine One out of every five balls doesn't make it. I have been working on this issue for awhile and I cannot get any better response. I know that both tangs on the autolauncher have to be in contact with the ball (not just one) The launcher really pushes the ball. It doesn't kick it. I have a Williams AE- 23800 coil on the launcher. Is there a coil that is stronger?
[quoted image]

That is a sweet mod!

#1390 3 years ago

Finally staring to work on my game after waiting months, and months for some new repo Gofers. Anyone have any printed insert decals for this game? I have two inserts that have cracked and need to be repaired.

FC57DB5A-4EAD-4200-B8CA-453068C4E2D8 (resized).jpegFC57DB5A-4EAD-4200-B8CA-453068C4E2D8 (resized).jpeg
#1391 3 years ago

I have a pairs of Bud and buzz, Very resistant. I from Brazil

Screenshot_20200628-142436 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200628-142436 (resized).png
#1392 3 years ago

So had a few stuck balls. Under the corner flasher banks and the top left corner. Put some flat metal plates under the flasher banks to raise them up. The ball has to be able to fit under the banks or it gets stuck. Also created a shield for the back left corner.

DC1F191B-0211-4696-B375-81C3AF70BE38 (resized).jpegDC1F191B-0211-4696-B375-81C3AF70BE38 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1393 3 years ago

Put in a ColorDMD today. Looks awesome. Went for the scan setting. Thought it suited the comic graphics. Curious what others set theirs to.

#1394 3 years ago

When I bought mine from my friend, he had it set to squares. I like it better on DotXL. My STTNG I have set to just Dot and I like it that way.

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Put in a ColorDMD today. Looks awesome. Went for the scan setting. Thought it suited the comic graphics. Curious what others set theirs to.

I have mine on DotXl on 2 games. To me it mimics the original dmd best. Scan is my least favorite. Personally I think scan looks like something is malfunctioning in the dmd.

#1396 3 years ago

I have all my color dmd's set to smooth. Is that scan?

#1397 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Finally staring to work on my game after waiting months, and months for some new repo Gofers. Anyone have any printed insert decals for this game? I have two inserts that have cracked and need to be repaired.[quoted image]

I haven't been able to find them as of yet.
I have a few that are a little worn, nothing major, but i know when i'm done with the machine and want to sell the elitists are going to nitpick even at a players price.

#1398 3 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

I have a few that are a little worn, nothing major, but i know when i'm done with the machine and want to sell the elitists are going to nitpick even at a players price.

Buthamburg was working on making them for when they release their playfields. Hopefully they are close to having them, I know covid has slowed everything down.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/27#post-5583529

#1399 3 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

I can’t believe no one has made insert decals for this game. If you find some let me know. Thanks!

#1400 3 years ago

Hello to all

We have laid of this project completely. It’s no use for us anymore because of pirates, Brazil gay producing them illegal.
It is just no use to continue this, it is a lot of work to do these right. The hobby makes the parts with cheap molds that won’t last long,
but take away the sales. This is what is stopping manufactures on making parts.

Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter
www.buthamburg.de

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,800 (OBO)
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/28?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.