(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2710 (resized).jpeg
20240107_181506 (resized).jpg

There are 2,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 43.
#1251 4 years ago

I used the custom logo ball for my backyard golf course for my Tee'd Off and my NGG.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#1252 4 years ago

Is there anyone working on making a home rom for this game yet? I've been away from the hobby for a while but I've been playing my NGG again and notice it seems to lack a few features and has some bugs.

#1253 4 years ago

Here is my constom NGG topper. Please note that it is a work in progress.

The game integration is very basic as I am struggling with learning the programming of the Pinduino as well as figuring out how to access more inputs to allow for more specificity in the triggering logic.

78642045-7133-48E2-96FB-62D884437B90 (resized).jpeg78642045-7133-48E2-96FB-62D884437B90 (resized).jpeg

#1254 4 years ago

Very Cool! It will be interesting to see how far you can go with it.

#1255 4 years ago

New moded slam ramp installed!

5F250091-857F-4553-A8AD-C00878293C21 (resized).jpeg5F250091-857F-4553-A8AD-C00878293C21 (resized).jpeg
#1256 4 years ago
Quoted from ElevatedPanic:

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, if not, I'd appreciate knowing where is best to post this. Just Wondering if anyone would like a custom golf ball shooter rod for your No Good Gofers? I just made one last night and it turned out very nice and a must add for this machine in my opinion. The feel as you plunge while grasping on to a real golf ball is pretty cool, not to mention how it looks. The Only thing I may do differently is getting titleist golf balls with the number in red font, with the titleist front above still in black. But if you prefer the black number as shown in the picture, I can make those as well. If interested, shoot me a message and I'll try and respond right away. Thanks guys!
[quoted image]

I'm in

#1257 4 years ago

I made a new custom decal set recently if anyone is interested.

NGG-proof (resized).jpgNGG-proof (resized).jpg
#1258 4 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

I made a new custom decal set recently if anyone is interested.[quoted image]

I prefer the ones @flashinstinct made

#1259 4 years ago

They are nice for sure.
I just didn't like that the style didn't match the rest of the playfield art package.

#1260 4 years ago

I've sourced the same textured rubber laminate that the spinner wheel has.
I wonder if anyone would want a custom design option for that?

#1261 4 years ago

The only people I have with the flashinstinct kit is the 18 on the flag is backwards. It looks the same with your kit. I do like tha the grass matches the playfield. What's the cost of the stickers?

#1262 4 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

The only people I have with the flashinstinct kit is the 18 on the flag is backwards. It looks the same with your kit. I do like tha the grass matches the playfield. What's the cost of the stickers?

The one in the photo is from my machine. I made it to the right. The decal set I'm offering has it to the left. But I was thinking of adding the 18 to both sides so you can put it whichever way.
35 USD

#1263 4 years ago
Quoted from ElevatedPanic:

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, if not, I'd appreciate knowing where is best to post this. Just Wondering if anyone would like a custom golf ball shooter rod for your No Good Gofers? I just made one last night and it turned out very nice and a must add for this machine in my opinion. The feel as you plunge while grasping on to a real golf ball is pretty cool, not to mention how it looks. The Only thing I may do differently is getting titleist golf balls with the number in red font, with the titleist front above still in black. But if you prefer the black number as shown in the picture, I can make those as well. If interested, shoot me a message and I'll try and respond right away. Thanks guys!
[quoted image]

Here are your options for the different titleist golf balls I can use. Message me if interested. $48 shipped to the upper 48 states. Hawaii, Alaska and international is extra.
20190913_225938 (resized).jpg20190913_225938 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1264 4 years ago

Does anyone have a line on new gofers? I remember seeing them on planetary pinball years ago. I don't know how often they reissue parts.

#1265 4 years ago

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/no-good-gofers/products/no-good-gofers

Not sure about new gofers, but if your old ones need painted, modfather offers a service.

1 week later
#1266 4 years ago

Hey all,
Looking to pick up a really nice NGG today , I had a horrible
One a few years back but have decided to attempt a re theme and with some
Custom art designed by a good friend of mine turn it into a “ cadyshack “ .
I want to use pinsound and get some serious Kenny logins tunes in there and also use call outs from the movie.
Before I attempt it I wondered has anyone here done or is aware of a pinsound remix?
Cheers

#1267 4 years ago

I wanted to do the same with pinsound too, I could not find any NGG remixes either. After looking into making my own, I realized that it requires a PC, while I have only MAC. Check out Mr. Tantrums guide here on pinside, he has great suggestions and a sort of walk through for the process.

2 weeks later
#1268 4 years ago

Good evening. Got a question. When I plunge the ball all the way around and it comes down to the left inlane switch the jump ramp doesn’t come down. Jump ramp and the switch work in test mode and the switch activates the jump ramp during other parts of the game. What could be causing the switch not to trigger the jump ramp on initial plunge?

#1269 4 years ago

Reseat all of your plugs on your 20 switch opto board. ( under the play field)

#1270 4 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Good evening. Got a question. When I plunge the ball all the way around and it comes down to the left inlane switch the jump ramp doesn’t come down. Jump ramp and the switch work in test mode and the switch activates the jump ramp during other parts of the game. What could be causing the switch not to trigger the jump ramp on initial plunge?

Also, check the switch in the ramp. It needs to trigger that, for the inlane switch to work on a plunge.

#1271 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Reseat all of your plugs on your 20 switch opto board. ( under the play field)

Quoted from djblouw:

Also, check the switch in the ramp. It needs to trigger that, for the inlane switch to work on a plunge.

Thanks guys. I’ll give those tweaks a shot.

#1272 4 years ago

It’s the ramp switch. Thanks gents.

3 weeks later
#1273 4 years ago

Can anyone help ... how the heck do I adjust the shooter lane so it goes up the ramp every time instead of hitting the post and bouncing off on initial plunge?

#1274 4 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Can anyone help ... how the heck do I adjust the shooter lane so it goes up the ramp every time instead of hitting the post and bouncing off on initial plunge?

YES! My machine goes though cycles of not being able to ever plunge the ramp to somehow making it with regularity. I like skipping the skill shot for a change at a free ramp shot.

#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

The metal guide just before the ball exits the shooter lane gate can be adjusted in and out after lossening a nut on the underside of the playfield. It might take some trial and error.

#1276 4 years ago

Perhaps that is it! I have a slightly loose screw that varies the guide position back and forth.
Thanks!

#1277 4 years ago

I had looked but could not figure out what but it was to adjust... I’ll look agai. Is it right under the guide where ball exits?

Quoted from TimBoch:

The metal guide just before the ball exits the shooter lane gate can be adjusted in and out after lossening a nut on the underside of the playfield. It might take some trial and error.

1 week later
#1278 4 years ago

Hey guys - just making a repro part announcement. I began making repro MRS' (as found in NGG) earlier this year - but only announced on the RFM page (they are handmade and didn't want to get overwhelmed with orders). I wanted to branch out a little more to other pin clubs that utilize this crazy unobtanium switch....the MRS stands for Magnetic Reed Switch - and they are also found in CV, NBAFB, SWEP1, SC and CC ...the went unobtanium almost a dozen years ago or so - so my partner and I at M&M Creations decided to remake them. Our MRS is plug/play - it is lighter, thinner and more sensitive than the original MRS. You can see a pic of the repro MRS solo and in a lineup with an original Williams MRS, a Sega MRS (used in Maverick, Space Jam and SW:Trilogy) and a repro M&M Creations MRS. I'm going to start making some more again (a good winter thing to do) and wanted to get a list going...just PM if interested!

Matt & Dan

MRS-R (resized).jpgMRS-R (resized).jpgmrs_compare (resized).jpgmrs_compare (resized).jpg
#1279 4 years ago

Just got back into the club. I had a gofers very early on but sold it to fund another purchase. I missed it so got it back 6 years later.
This one is much nicer than the first one I had. Also the backglass came colour bombed. Sorted that out too.

446D5465-4C53-4DE4-9DED-99F88EF599D2 (resized).jpeg446D5465-4C53-4DE4-9DED-99F88EF599D2 (resized).jpeg943CD37F-8C73-4810-940C-CFCCB0BDA955 (resized).jpeg943CD37F-8C73-4810-940C-CFCCB0BDA955 (resized).jpeg9FE74C85-9326-4701-AD89-A0FA3335F99F (resized).jpeg9FE74C85-9326-4701-AD89-A0FA3335F99F (resized).jpeg522A4706-60BD-4E28-971D-0DDDCC71D8E9 (resized).jpeg522A4706-60BD-4E28-971D-0DDDCC71D8E9 (resized).jpeg5203E6F8-6728-42B4-8737-0CF926017AAC (resized).jpeg5203E6F8-6728-42B4-8737-0CF926017AAC (resized).jpeg
#1280 4 years ago

What switch do I need to order to replace the left ramp switch? I looked in the manual, but not sure I see that exact part number on Marco

#1281 4 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

What switch do I need to order to replace the left ramp switch? I looked in the manual, but not sure I see that exact part number on Marco

5647-12693-00 Make sure you use the Detent thats furthest from the button for that inverted switch. Have fun removing... it sucks

#1282 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

5647-12693-00 Make sure you use the Detent thats furthest from the button for that inverted switch. Have fun removing... it sucks

I just realized I think I told you the wrong ramp. I meant the side ramp, the one you hit with the upper right flipper for jackpots.

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

I just realized I think I told you the wrong ramp. I meant the side ramp, the one you hit with the upper right flipper for jackpots.

That switch is an MRS (Magnetic Reed Switch Sonic has pictured above) Those are not available and that is why he is remaking them. You should get on his list for at least one. Just pm him. We should all have a couple of these in case they go bad.

1 month later
#1284 4 years ago

Just joined the club. Had a Gofers shipped to me from Virgina. The flashers are all out. I found a blown fuse at f107. They worked for a bit in test mode. When I got to the flashers under trap ready, the flipper coil fired at the same time they flashed. I lifted the playfield, inspected wires, then tested again. The flashers worked again and didn't set off the left flipper. Then they stopped working again and now I am missing the 20v led light on the board.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm used to having schematics, but can't seem to find them for Gofers.

thanks,
Aaron

#1285 4 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Just joined the club. Had a Gofers shipped to me from Virgina. The flashers are all out. I found a blown fuse at f107. They worked for a bit in test mode. When I got to the flashers under trap ready, the flipper coil fired at the same time they flashed. I lifted the playfield, inspected wires, then tested again. The flashers worked again and didn't set off the left flipper. Then they stopped working again and now I am missing the 20v led light on the board.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm used to having schematics, but can't seem to find them for Gofers.
thanks,
Aaron

Flasher schematics are in section 3-7.
https://www.ipdb.org/files/4338/Williams_1997_No_Good_Gofers_Manual.pdf

#1286 4 years ago

I see those. If one flasher was out, those would help. They show that power comes from the power driver board, but it seems like since all of the flashers are out, there is probably an issue with the power driver board, but I can't figure that part out.

#1287 4 years ago

Working on the next batch of MRS' - PM if interested!

MRS-R (resized).jpgMRS-R (resized).jpg
#1288 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Working on the next batch of MRS' - PM if interested![quoted image]

How much are they?

#1289 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

How much are they?

They are $25USD /switch - same price they were going for 6 years ago before they disappeared from parts suppliers.....shipping to AU is $15 USD...I've shipped several there so far!

#1290 4 years ago

Needing some help.

I decided to install an NVRAM. Everything with the install seemed to go fine. I cut the legs on the old chip, heated each while my son pulled the legs, sucked the solder out, checked connections, put in sip sockets, and plugged in the new NVRAM from weebly.

Here is where the fun begins. When putting the cpu board back into the machine, the top two ribbon cables were plugged in upside down. The machine wouldn't boot and had strange lines on the DMD.....sooooo.....

Finally figure out they were upside down. Followed the procedure on http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wpc/index3.htm#poweron to check the cpu board. Unplugged everything except the power and the cpu gave the correct lights. started plugging in ribbon cables and started getting random codes each time.

Let it rest overnight, plugged everything in this morning and the machine booted up and gave the diagnostic check message. when I opened the door to push the button, the machine went dead. DMD turned off and stopped working. If I let it rest for awhile, it will do it again. If I try to restart it again quickly, nothing.

Can't quite figure out where to go from here.

Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks, Aaron

#1291 4 years ago

Does NGG have a painted backglass or a translite? I forget

#1292 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does NGG have a painted backglass or a translite? I forget

Originally a screened mirrored backglass but mine had a translite in it when I bought it so those are floating around.

#1293 4 years ago

Where do these get used in our NGG?

Quoted from Sonic:

Working on the next batch of MRS' - PM if interested![quoted image]

#1294 4 years ago
Quoted from T8ter:

Where do these get used in our NGG?

in front of the gophers/ ramps. mounted under the playfield. They detect when the ball is near the gopher

#1295 4 years ago

Brand new code for No Good Gofers is here!! In the same fashion as Cactus Canyon Continued, this is a complete rewrite from the ground up which includes all new code from scratch, new music and sound, and custom animations on a 15" LCD!! To follow along, please visit this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg20-new-code-for-your-no-good-gofers-2020#post-5437372

Also, First State Flippers and Delaware Pinball on Twitch, is tentatively set to stream this code on Saturday 2/1 around 6pm est. More details to come regarding the stream, but keep an eye out on First State Flippers Facebook page or follow Jim's thread above.

https://www.facebook.com/1ststateflippers/

#1296 4 years ago

A few more updates for everyone:

1. Installation - Here is a video link to the installation of the entire product

2. Pricing - The kit price will be $975 plus shipping. Jim is going to give free shipping to addresses in the continental USA for the early adopters, which will be the first 25 kits. If you are outside the USA, I'll deduct the difference. Remember, the P-Roc is sold separately.

3. Availability - Jim is building kits now and official release will be in the coming weeks

4. Stream Reveal - This is now confirmed for this Saturday (2/1) at 6pm est. The stream will cover the installation process as we are doing this on a friend's machine. Jim will be on hand to explain everything involved included answering questions about the game play. Actual game play will probably start around 6:45pm.

5. Twitch Channel - Delaware Pinball will be doing the live stream. https://www.twitch.tv/delawarepinball

6. Invites - Everyone is invited to join us in person!!! Seriously, we have room for 40 people to attend if anyone wants to make the trip down to Milford, Delaware. If you are interested in joining us, contact me directly for the address.

#1297 4 years ago

Has anyone tried a Pinshakers shaker motor in No Good Gofers? Looking at the available settings, I can't tell if it would work well or not.

#1298 4 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Has anyone tried a Pinshakers shaker motor in No Good Gofers? Looking at the available settings, I can't tell if it would work well or not.

I haven't, but I installed one in my original Attack from Mars and it's awesome. I have so many different trigger points to choose from. I would think Gofers would be similar.

#1299 4 years ago

Checking out this new project really makes me wish there was an update to existing code 18 holes etc... I wish I understood how to write code that well

#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I haven't, but I installed one in my original Attack from Mars and it's awesome. I have so many different trigger points to choose from. I would think Gofers would be similar.

I'm not sure about that. Check the choices...sling shot? spinner flasher? I can't figure out a good set of triggers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Reston, VA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/26?hl=ccope247 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.