(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 43.
#1201 4 years ago

I joked 2 years ago when I helped my friend Greg Thorpe get his first pinball machine, No Good Gofers, that I was delivering it to the wrong house. I never actually planned on owning it myself. But Greg needed to sell it to make space for a new pin and said I would be the best person to have it. So after a few years following this group, I am officially an owner.

pin6 (resized).jpgpin6 (resized).jpg
#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinz:

I just joined the club last week with a decent NGG, it needs a full tear down and clean but plays well. Thanks to the info in this thread I have managed to tweak some of the common issues. Unfortunately the previous owner has incorrectly installed a new wheel decal, is there anyway to adjust it without taking it off and replacing it?

Not sure if sticker needs to be removed or not to get it perfectly aligned. For what its worth, I really don’t think it matters unless it bothers you that the award and wheel don’t match. It spins so fast that theres no way to get it to stop on something specific anyway, and Im always too busy watching the goofy gophers on the dmd lol. If your doing a complete tear down then yeah I’d fix it, but if it were me I’d leave it.

Congratulations on the game! Hit the links and get that hole in one!

#1203 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinz:

I just joined the club last week with a decent NGG, it needs a full tear down and clean but plays well. Thanks to the info in this thread I have managed to tweak some of the common issues. Unfortunately the previous owner has incorrectly installed a new wheel decal, is there anyway to adjust it without taking it off and replacing it?

Do you have the manual? If I remember right, there is a way to calibrate it by turning it a certain way.

#1204 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Do you have the manual? If I remember right, there is a way to calibrate it by turning it a certain way.

I've been through the manual and followed this, but it didn't change anything.

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 3.00.12 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-05-06 at 3.00.12 PM (resized).png
#1205 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinz:

I've been through the manual and followed this, but it didn't change anything.[quoted image]

Bummer...my guess is, replace the decal.

#1206 4 years ago

Does anyone have a Ball Trap kit A-22599 that they can sell me? I need one. Mainly something for the slam ramp. Please PM me? Thanks

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Does anyone have a Ball Trap kit A-22599 that they can sell me? I need one. Mainly something for the slam ramp. Please PM me? Thanks

You can't find it as a kit, but you can find the individual items per the bulletin.
https://www.ipdb.org/files/4338/NGG_A_22599.pdf

Ramp piece
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=01-15002

#1208 4 years ago

I owned one years ago. Great game. They don’t make them like they use to. Now all you get is a spinner, two ramps, and a bash toy in these nib games.

4 weeks later
#1209 4 years ago

Has anyone released a pinsound remix for the music (mainly the main theme that plays) yet?

#1210 4 years ago

I bought my NGG as a fun project to fix, play and sell. Now it's in excellent shape and I can't let go! It's an excellent Lawlor pin, shots feel great, nailed the theme.

#1211 4 years ago

New to the club! Picked up a NGG this weekend and it played great...now suddenly the ball doesn't kick out of the subway above the pop bumpers. In test mode the solenoid fires and doesnt return the plunger to the resting position. Sleeve is clean..spring is good. Swapped in a new coil and same problem. Anyone else have this issue and know the cause?! Thanks!

#1212 4 years ago
Quoted from Pike614:

New to the club! Picked up a NGG this weekend and it played great...now suddenly the ball doesn't kick out of the subway above the pop bumpers. In test mode the solenoid fires and doesnt return the plunger to the resting position. Sleeve is clean..spring is good. Swapped in a new coil and same problem. Anyone else have this issue and know the cause?! Thanks!

There's an adjustment that disables it, go into your setting and poke around

#1213 4 years ago

Also make sure rubber grommet coil stop didn’t fall off on the bracket. Mine did a few times and wouldn’t kick the ball out

#1214 4 years ago

Sorry that might not have been a clear description. The issue is that the solenoid fires once and then gets stuck in that position. It launches a ball out of the subway...then doesnt return to the "resting" position... might try a new a new spring next. The rubber stop is there and it isnt disabled in the settings.

#1215 4 years ago
Quoted from Pike614:

Sorry that might not have been a clear description. The issue is that the solenoid fires once and then gets stuck in that position. It launches a ball out of the subway...then doesnt return to the "resting" position... might try a new a new spring next. The rubber stop is there and it isnt disabled in the settings.

did you check the coil sleeve? many times they become swollen and need replaced.

#1216 4 years ago

Things to check: make sure plunger isn’t mashed and the bottom, make sure roll pin hasn’t moved and make sure no debris in the popper

#1217 4 years ago

Yep...problem found. Small loose screw floating around in the subway would lodge itself and lock the plunger up...then when plunger fired it would move back up subway...

2 weeks later
#1219 4 years ago

does anyone have a list of bulb type/color for led matching the inserts? just picked up a gofers and making it as nice as i can. trying to get an order together for leds.

#1220 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

does anyone have a list of bulb type/color for led matching the inserts? just picked up a gofers and making it as nice as i can. trying to get an order together for leds.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4EshUxfEYcuX8q3J6Lj2Hi3NUchQOU9PgqBnkGnxb0/edit?usp=drivesdk

1 week later
#1222 4 years ago

Ok guys I am in! Just picked up my second NGG on Saturday. Been working on it all weekend and just hooked up a Polk Audio PSW10. Man What a Booming machine! I sold my first on in 2017 with 14 other games when I need a cash out. Really missed the NGG so I had to reconnect with Buzz and Bud. This machine is in better condition with ColorDMD and the Laserific Topper. The nice thing is a got about 2k in extra parts also.

32F677F6-009C-4163-919D-82200B2B15A2 (resized).jpeg32F677F6-009C-4163-919D-82200B2B15A2 (resized).jpeg89A1A141-06A9-49F0-BCC2-E8F63FB58E6D (resized).jpeg89A1A141-06A9-49F0-BCC2-E8F63FB58E6D (resized).jpegC21348CF-F5D4-4EA0-8FAA-9DC8DBA464E9 (resized).jpegC21348CF-F5D4-4EA0-8FAA-9DC8DBA464E9 (resized).jpeg
#1223 4 years ago

Here is how to outsmart your low ceiling and be able to install your topper. Make and install two 2 1/2” X 4” “Z” Brackets to move your topper to the front of the machine. Set your game to whatever height you want. Adjust the height (2 1/2”) of your “Z” bracket to fit beneath your low ceiling. Mount the brackets (in this case two) with two 3/4” screws for each bracket. (Oh and make sure you Paint your brackets black)
Now install the necessary velcro on each bracket. Mount the topper. Laserific gives you plenty of cable to make the distance.

4D6EDDF6-47A9-4F36-805E-36F0D2762EA1 (resized).jpeg4D6EDDF6-47A9-4F36-805E-36F0D2762EA1 (resized).jpeg8682D620-6AAC-4EF3-868C-4C352527D727 (resized).jpeg8682D620-6AAC-4EF3-868C-4C352527D727 (resized).jpeg
#1224 4 years ago

Oh and 1 more thing, the playfield will make it between the brackets when you angle it. You will have to unplug and remove the topper though. No big deal.

#1225 4 years ago

Any pinsound remix available yet for this game? I check time to time - always thinking when it hits, I'm back in as this game is underrated.

#1226 4 years ago

So here is a pic of the game with the polarized film on the backglass. The difference is subtle with phone pic but it has much less glare on the play field glass.

A36A2BC4-6D60-4027-B3EF-623294A917E8 (resized).jpegA36A2BC4-6D60-4027-B3EF-623294A917E8 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1227 4 years ago

Just picked up my 1st Pinball Machine, a NGG in pretty nice overall condition. What a sweet game! I have a question regarding that spinner, and was hoping you guys could give me a little insight to my issue. The spinner works, but it's not nicely flush all the way around with the playfield. The top of the spinner is a tad on the high side, and the bottom of the spinner is too low, the ball coming down off the spinner actually hits the lip of the playfield just below it, enough to make the ball hop. Last thing I want is that playfield chipping. Do I need to buy a new spinner wheel, is their an adjustment? I did try tightening up that small nut on the bottom of the shaft and it didnt budge. Any insight to this would really be great! Thanks guys!

#1228 4 years ago

The disc has two adjustments up and down, and a tilt adjustment. If you look in the manual there is an exploded view of the disc assembly. There are three screws that can adjust the tilt one at each 1/3 of the disc unit. I have not needed to adjust mine at all so I haven't done this. Hope this helps.

#1229 4 years ago

Be sure to put the game into switch test mode and test with a ball while the playfield is down

#1230 4 years ago

A must have for No Good Gofers. Eric in Ohio is only person I could find that has them now. Everyone else is out of stock.
If you do not put these on, you will have playfield damage. Mylar is not enough, especially the factory stuff.

18D4DF9C-26AB-47D9-987C-F4CA4829602F (resized).jpeg18D4DF9C-26AB-47D9-987C-F4CA4829602F (resized).jpeg8AB00D0B-3CE1-409D-87D2-7E334E41B3A0 (resized).jpeg8AB00D0B-3CE1-409D-87D2-7E334E41B3A0 (resized).jpeg
#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

A must have for No Good Gofers. Eric in Ohio is only person I could find that has them now. Everyone else is out of stock.
If you do not put these on, you will have playfield damage. Mylar is not enough, especially the factory stuff.[quoted image][quoted image]

What are we looking at? The slot protectors? Cliff makes those.

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Cliff makes those

yep and out of stock for awhile now. The point of the post is for new owners to know that those protectors are important not who makes em.

#1233 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

yep and out of stock for awhile now. The point of the post is for new owners to know that those protectors are important not who makes em.

Yes dad.... also Pinball life has them in stock too.

#1234 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Yes dad.... also Pinball life has them in stock too.

So If your such a big know it all then why post? It's people like you and your wise ass responses that are making people just not waste their time posting. If you don't have anything useful or nice to say just pass...

#1235 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

So If your such a big know it all then why post? It's people like you and your wise ass responses that are making people just not waste their time posting. If you don't have anything useful or nice to say just pass...

What wasn’t nice? Sorry my search skills are better. I was just letting people that need these they are avail in multiple places. People like me huh.... just know I’m living rent free in your mind now!

#1236 4 years ago

I have a quick question. I can never get the 2x and other bonus multipliers in the bottom of the board. They are called the cart path awards. They flicker when available but even if I shoot the corresponding orbit shot it is never awarded. All spinner switches work. Every switch works. I've only had it award once in like 100 games. Is there a setting? I can't even get them with the glass off so I know something is up.

1 week later
#1237 4 years ago

My DMD has stopped working (rest of the game is working though), opened up the back box and noticed this

20190813_190920 (resized).jpg20190813_190920 (resized).jpg
#1238 4 years ago

Fuck, tjats bad and that board impossible to find. Hopefully Chris hilber can fix.

#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Fuck, tjats bad and that board impossible to find. Hopefully Chris hilber can fix.

It can easily be repaired

#1240 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

It can easily be repaired

That's what I thought (without knowing much about the cause). Take board off and replace resistors? Anyone have any idea what could have caused it? It was left on for 10 hours at home, but that shouldn't be the issue.

#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinz:

That's what I thought (without knowing much about the cause). Take board off and replace resistors? Anyone have any idea what could have caused it? It was left on for 10 hours at home, but that shouldn't be the issue.

Diode could have shorted or opened up, who knows.
Get this and replace everything - https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=WPC95-HVP-KIT

#1242 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I have a quick question. I can never get the 2x and other bonus multipliers in the bottom of the board. They are called the cart path awards. They flicker when available but even if I shoot the corresponding orbit shot it is never awarded. All spinner switches work. Every switch works. I've only had it award once in like 100 games. Is there a setting? I can't even get them with the glass off so I know something is up.

Follow up. Fixed it. Both orbit switches weren't working. They worked, just needed to bend wire so they would trigger. Must have been triggering just enough every so often not to throw a credit dot. Man, all sorts of sounds and shit I was missing out on. Never received points and awards for orbit, only spinner points.

#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

The disc has two adjustments up and down, and a tilt adjustment. If you look in the manual there is an exploded view of the disc assembly. There are three screws that can adjust the tilt one at each 1/3 of the disc unit. I have not needed to adjust mine at all so I haven't done this. Hope this helps.

Yes it did, thanks for the tip. User manual doesn't explain it at all, only a parts schematic for the spinner. Very easy to do, just needed a little direction. Appreciate the help!

#1244 4 years ago

Another question, looking for custom pin cards for this game just like the attached picture. Any of you guys make these, or could, and mail me a set? I'd be happy to cover any costs within reason, or if there's already a link somewhere on here for this, I'd appreciate posting the link for me.

20190817_161121 (resized).jpg20190817_161121 (resized).jpg
#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from ElevatedPanic:

Another question, looking for custom pin cards for this game just like the attached picture. Any of you guys make these, or could, and mail me a set? I'd be happy to cover any costs within reason, or if there's already a link somewhere on here for this, I'd appreciate posting the link for me.[quoted image]

Found it! If anyone likes the pincardz pictured above, here's the link to that set!

http://madvoodoo.com/#/twoPane/product/74

#1246 4 years ago

Anyone have any tips for bulletproofing the gofer mechs?
The behaviour is just intermittent for me. Sometimes they come up ok. Many times you raise the gofer and it immediately goes down, awarding the hit.
Some times the gofer comes up to taunt and leaves the flap up like it's supposed to at the time, some times that flap falls down.
I put it in test mode and it all seems to work MOST of the time. I'm tired of them not being perfect though. Help?

I've opened them up and looked for anything broken but found nothing. Seemingly good play on the solenoids. Might be an accumulation of lots of small bits of wear?

#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Anyone have any tips for bulletproofing the gofer mechs?
The behaviour is just intermittent for me. Sometimes they come up ok. Many times you raise the gofer and it immediately goes down, awarding the hit.
Some times the gofer comes up to taunt and leaves the flap up like it's supposed to at the time, some times that flap falls down.
I put it in test mode and it all seems to work MOST of the time. I'm tired of them not being perfect though. Help?
I've opened them up and looked for anything broken but found nothing. Seemingly good play on the solenoids. Might be an accumulation of lots of small bits of wear?

Like anything else: Take everything apart, clean, replace coil sleeves, clean optos with a qtip soaked in 90+% rubbing alcohol. No lube.
If the gofer heads aren't cleaning up nice, you can lightly and carefully use a damp magic eraser.

Mine still worked fine, but I purchased some spare parts for the future, ya never know when parts will be unavailable!
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7396.1
http://www.passionforpinball.com/ngg_catch.htm

#1248 4 years ago

[double post]

#1249 4 years ago

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, if not, I'd appreciate knowing where is best to post this. Just Wondering if anyone would like a custom golf ball shooter rod for your No Good Gofers? I just made one last night and it turned out very nice and a must add for this machine in my opinion. The feel as you plunge while grasping on to a real golf ball is pretty cool, not to mention how it looks. The Only thing I may do differently is getting titleist golf balls with the number in red font, with the titleist front above still in black. But if you prefer the black number as shown in the picture, I can make those as well. If interested, shoot me a message and I'll try and respond right away. Thanks guys!
20190819_175330 (resized).jpg20190819_175330 (resized).jpg

#1250 4 years ago
Quoted from ElevatedPanic:

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, if not, I'd appreciate knowing where is best to post this. Just Wondering if anyone would like a custom golf ball shooter rod for your No Good Gofers? I just made one last night and it turned out very nice and a must add for this machine in my opinion. The feel as you plunge while grasping on to a real golf ball is pretty cool, not to mention how it looks. The Only thing I may do differently is getting titleist golf balls with the number in red font, with the titleist front above still in black. But if you prefer the black number as shown in the picture, I can make those as well. If interested, shoot me a message and I'll try and respond right away. Thanks guys!
[quoted image]

Looks good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 37.50
5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
4,800 (OBO)
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/25?hl=kiwipinz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.