"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Apekop

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,166 posts
  • 179 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by jfh
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 253 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN4638 (resized).JPG
DSCN4636 (resized).JPG
DSCN4641 (resized).JPG
DSCN4635 (resized).JPG
DSCN4639 (resized).JPG
DSCN4624 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190204_220452 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190216_171457 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190216_171450 (resized).jpg
5C0A7FC2-12E3-4871-8EF3-1FFF2CAA4418 (resized).jpeg
BBEA4AC7-2883-4D61-8F64-BE643D91CFE3 (resized).jpeg
20190212_174621 (resized).jpg
SoProud.gif
IMG_20190119_173611 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190119_173550 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190119_173558 (resized).jpg

There are 1166 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 24.
#1151 33 days ago

Yep, this machine is HUO so things that require a ton of play will likely be fine but anything common is worth stocking up on.

#1152 32 days ago

Took advantage of a snowy Chicago day to start shopping out my game! While it's in great shape for it's age, it's pretty filthy!
I must say, using lug connectors instead of soldering onto coils is a massive headache saver. I was able to tear apart the whole game, easily removing every mech in just a couple hours!

I've shopped out a lot of 90's B/W games. This is my "newest" game and I feel the is by far the best designed one. Not a ton of hardware on the topside, very easy to maintenance anything, very easy to tear down underneath also. To the above point, I was please to find the spinners are one self contained unit. Sad it seemed like Williams really was on top of their manufacturing game when it ended.

IMG_20190119_173558 (resized).jpgIMG_20190119_173611 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190119_173550 (resized).jpg
#1153 32 days ago
Quoted from dudah:

Took advantage of a snowy Chicago day to start shopping out my game! While it's in great shape for it's age, it's pretty filthy!
I must say, using lug connectors instead of soldering onto coils is a massive headache saver. I was able to tear apart the whole game, easily removing every mech in just a couple hours!
I've shopped out a lot of 90's B/W games. This is my "newest" game and I feel the is by far the best designed one. Not a ton of hardware on the topside, very easy to maintenance anything, very easy to tear down underneath also. To the above point, I was please to find the spinners are one self contained unit. Sad it seemed like Williams really was on top of their manufacturing game when it ended.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Dudah, since you can obviously take apart and put this pin back together, can I ask you a question? My plastic upper playfield has scratches on it from the gopher slam ramps hitting it from underneath, but they look riveted. Is it hard to replace that part? Do you have any advice on how to remove the rivet and then does it need to be riveted back together? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

2 weeks later
#1154 13 days ago
Quoted from dudah:

Those are the instruction cards I made I feel like such a proud father in this moment. A proud father of my little instruction cards all grown up.
SoProud.gif

Hard to tell from the picture, but did they turn out ok for you?

#1155 8 days ago

Ever since bringing home my NGG I've had a buzzing slam ramp coil, but just now getting around to tackling it. I filed down the coil stop and plunger end, no change. Ordered up a new coil stop, installed, and now I've got even more coil buzz!!!

I've got a 2nd NGG with no buzz at all, I'm tempted to swap parts to see what happens, but don't want to end up with two NGGs with slam ramp buzzers. One Buzz in that game is enough!!! Haha

Any other ideas? Could the off center mark on the old stop be a sign of an alignment issue that is causing the buzz?

20190212_174621 (resized).jpg
#1156 8 days ago

Will soon join the club! My dealer (sound like a druggie...lol) has hooked me up with a sweet NGG. He has done a bunch of work on it and it looks awesome! I can’t wait to play it, but vaca first. I’m jonesn’ for a new pin!

5C0A7FC2-12E3-4871-8EF3-1FFF2CAA4418 (resized).jpegBBEA4AC7-2883-4D61-8F64-BE643D91CFE3 (resized).jpeg

#1157 8 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Will soon join the club!

Nice pick up.i love mine,had it for years.Consider a LCD color display for it.Suits the cartoony animations very well.

#1158 8 days ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Ever since bringing home my NGG I've had a buzzing slam ramp coil, but just now getting around to tackling it. I filed down the coil stop and plunger end, no change. Ordered up a new coil stop, installed, and now I've got even more coil buzz!!!
I've got a 2nd NGG with no buzz at all, I'm tempted to swap parts to see what happens, but don't want to end up with two NGGs with slam ramp buzzers. One Buzz in that game is enough!!! Haha
Any other ideas? Could the off center mark on the old stop be a sign of an alignment issue that is causing the buzz?[quoted image]

Is the buzzing slam ramp going all the way down to the playfield? Once in awhile mine is every so slightly elevated and it buzzes. Just wanted to pass that along as a potential area for you to troubleshoot.

#1159 3 days ago

Would like to be a member one day and try to get that hole in one! If anyone has one for sale in the NY area give me a shout...thanks!

#1160 3 days ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Is the buzzing slam ramp going all the way down to the playfield?

Yep, definitely goes all the way down. I also swapped in the coil and coil stop from my non buzzing NGG and still have the buzz. I'm thinking it's an alignment issue with the slam ramp components now.

#1161 3 days ago

Just got done shopping mine out - LED's, color matched silicone rubber, flipper rebuild, rebuilt pop bumpers, flame polished plastic, replaced all the coil sleeves, German playfield protector, flashinstinct decals, and a new disc decal! The top side of the playfield doesn't have a ton of pieces, and it all came together very easy and intuitively.
Also did a great job matching the paint and touching up some slam ramp damage - can't even tell with the game on.

Plays like a totally different game! I love the shots and how easily they all line up, great flow.

IMG_20190204_220452 (resized).jpgDSCN4624 (resized).JPGIMG_20190216_171450 (resized).jpgDSCN4635 (resized).JPGDSCN4636 (resized).JPGDSCN4638 (resized).JPGDSCN4639 (resized).JPGDSCN4641 (resized).JPGIMG_20190216_171457 (resized).jpg
#1162 2 days ago
Quoted from dudah:

Just got done shopping mine out - LED's, color matched silicone rubber, flipper rebuild, rebuilt pop bumpers, flame polished plastic, replaced all the coil sleeves, German playfield protector

Did you have to adjust the slam ramp at all with the playfield protector on?

#1163 2 days ago

I raised my wheel up when I added the protector but no need to adjust the slam ramp. Btw 2019 pf protectors are super thin. Big improvement.

#1164 2 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did you have to adjust the slam ramp at all with the playfield protector on?

There's no way to adjust the slam ramp for that. I did add some felt on the bottom of it.

Like terror said, the protector is extremely thin. Got a bunch of games in on it last night and no signs of scratching the protector. PETG is very tough plastic.

#1165 2 days ago

After more than a year of public play my protector was hammered. My pf was not, though! I recently did a pass at buffing out all the scratches. It’s shiny and passable but now I’m hankering to replace it with a thin one.

#1166 2 days ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

After more than a year of public play my protector was hammered. My pf was not, though! I recently did a pass at bugging out all the scratches. It’s shiny and passable but now I’m hankering to replace it with a thin one.

I have no problem paying for replacement protectors if they save the PF

I had an NOS playfield I sold a few years back. Probably should have kept it. My current playfield is an original with very little play on it but thinking about putting on one of the new PETG protectors to be super safe since NGG is probably not leaving my collection in my lifetime. I only have one game with a protector on it (BM66) and haven’t seen any issues with game play because of it.

Be interested to hear how anyone with one on Gofers feels about it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.99
€ 40.00
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1166 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside