(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 43.
#1101 5 years ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

Any one have issues getting the ball to shoot up the side ramp? I think my spring is weak on the plunger. I adjusted it to make sure it was straight. The auto launcher gets up no problem and if I smash the knob is launches up no problem, only if I pull the plunger back and release it struggles to get up the ramp. Any input would be appreciated.

My auto launch doesn't hit the ball hard enough to get it up the left ramp, don't think it's supposed to.

You might want to check the manual and your auto launch coil to see that the correct one is installed.

As for the manual shot making it up the left ramp, I bought a stronger spring. The standard spring (10-148-1) wasn't strong enough, so I put in a red 10-148-2 spring.

Robert

#1102 5 years ago

The software is designed assuming that the auto launch will make it up the ramp (at least sometimes). Multiball has some logic disabling the jackpot when there's a ball being auto launched, but it's flaky and doesn't always work. I've shot a ball up the ramp legitimately right before an auto launch and got no credit for it (and also I've gotten credit for auto launched balls that make it up the ramp).

You might also check that your shooter tip is in good condition, and that the plunger sleeve is in good shape while you're looking into swapping out the shooter spring. I'd also get the spring that goes on the outside of the cabinet if you've been plunging it hard with your palm a lot. Waxing the playfield/shooter lane/ramp also makes it easier to plunge around the ramp. Changing the angle of the ball guide might help too, but it's really difficult in my experience to tell which way it needs to be moved.

I put a stronger spring on, but eventually took it off when I got everything else dialed in. Now I can almost always manually plunge around the ramp, and auto launch is probably about 50% as well.

Josh

#1103 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

My auto launch doesn't hit the ball hard enough to get it up the left ramp, don't think it's supposed to.

My auto launch typically makes it all the way up the ramp, and in multiball does award the jackpot.

#1104 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

My auto launch typically makes it all the way up the ramp, and in multiball does award the jackpot.

Mine is like PinballCoug and JoshinDC, usually makes it up the ramp on autolaunch.

#1105 5 years ago

I just joined the club! My Gofers are a bit trashed, anyone have a lead on a new pair for sale?

#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I just joined the club! My Gofers are a bit trashed, anyone have a lead on a new pair for sale?

I’ve not seen a new pair of gofers offered anywhere n the 2 years I’ve owned mine. You’re better off getting them repainted or doing it yourself. After a few plays, they look trashed all over again.

#1107 5 years ago

Okay wow, seeing a lot of items for the with "out of stock" on them

#1108 5 years ago

How do people have their slam ramp aligned? Is the side parallel to the skill shot targets, the back parallel to the edge of the upper playfield or sighted to be roughly in line with the middle ramp? When I installed my new ramp I set it so the back edge was parallel to the upper playfield but I feel like the ball hits the front edge of the upper playfield too often. I skimmed the manual but didn't see anything about a recommended alignment.

#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

How do people have their slam ramp aligned? Is the side parallel to the skill shot targets, the back parallel to the edge of the upper playfield or sighted to be roughly in line with the middle ramp? When I installed my new ramp I set it so the back edge was parallel to the upper playfield but I feel like the ball hits the front edge of the upper playfield too often. I skimmed the manual but didn't see anything about a recommended alignment.

Not sure if this will help, but here are several photos from my game.

IMG_3160 (resized).JPGIMG_3160 (resized).JPGIMG_3161 (resized).JPGIMG_3161 (resized).JPGIMG_3162 (resized).JPGIMG_3162 (resized).JPG
#1110 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Okay wow, seeing a lot of items for the with "out of stock" on them

I repainted mine, it was fairly easy. I grabbed model paint from ace hardware (Cheap small bottles) and just matched some paint up as close as I could. Just take the top play field off and pop the gofers up from the bottom side. After I painted them I applied some water based polyurethene to protect. I have about 300 games on them since then and they are holding up good. Buds check is starting to flake but a easy touch up.

#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My Gofers are a bit trashed, anyone have a lead on a new pair for sale?

People usually repaint or have them repainted these days.

The gophers are very easy to remove and paint. If you want to repaint:

Try Testors red, white, black and make tan by mixing brown & white.
Spray them w/ a coat of polyurethane after they dry.
Let them cure a couple of days before you play a game with them.

Robert

#1112 5 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Not sure if this will help, but here are several photos from my game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, I think my ramp was a bit turned. I'm sure it's just dumb luck but first game after adjusting the ramp I got my high score. In 2 and a half years of owning it I've never done better than 32 million.

20180927_204231 (resized).jpg20180927_204231 (resized).jpg

#1113 5 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Thanks, I think my ramp was a bit turned. I'm sure it's just dumb luck but first game after adjusting the ramp I got my high score. In 2 and a half years of owning it I've never done better than 32 million.
[quoted image]

Wow, that Ramon adjustment really helped! . Awesome score. Anything around 30 million is a good game for me and my high score is 88 million.

#1114 5 years ago

Oops, meant ramp adjustment. Not Ramon. Think I need my second cup of coffee already.

#1115 5 years ago

Are the pop bumper lights only turn on under certain circumstances?
My red one is always on but the other 2 don’t seem to turn on making that part of the Playfield dark. However they work fine at the end of game and during tests

#1116 5 years ago

I’ve also been able to restore the Gofers
Here are the before and after shots
580FA68C-9BC9-4433-A51B-437790D2E827 (resized).jpeg580FA68C-9BC9-4433-A51B-437790D2E827 (resized).jpeg

7F0BF38D-E75C-4593-A056-43F068AE0C64 (resized).jpeg7F0BF38D-E75C-4593-A056-43F068AE0C64 (resized).jpeg
#1117 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:I’ve also been able to restore the Gofers

Excellent job on repainting them.

I thought the stand up target in front of the red pop lights the other two with each hit.

#1118 5 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Excellent job on repainting them.
I thought the stand up target in front of the red pop lights the other two with each hit.

Have you heard the quote saying 'quick,get under something metal" where all three pops are lit for points?

#1119 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’ve also been able to restore the Gofers
Here are the before and after shots
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks so good. What paints did you use and did you put a clear coat on to protect them?

#1120 5 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Have you heard the quote saying 'quick,get under something metal" where all three pops are lit for points?

No I haven’t! Well now I want to lol

#1121 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

That looks so good. What paints did you use and did you put a clear coat on to protect them?

I used an acrylic based paint called Vallejo and put 2 coats of clear coat on top

#1122 5 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

This guy

20181001_163909 (resized).jpg20181001_163909 (resized).jpg
#1123 5 years ago

Does anyone have an insert decal set? I need 1 of the Drive inserts (the one at the jackpot ramp)

#1124 5 years ago

How “buggy” or incomplete is the code on NGG ? TheLaw in another thread called it a “mess” whatever that means.

I’ve had mine for years and have hardly noticed and real flaws. The hole in one shot didn’t register one time and I’ve had points awarded at the start of a game without plunging the ball a couple of times.After that,I’m trying to work out where these bugs are.Granted ,I dont complete 18 holes very much ar all,so maybe I’m missing something.

#1125 5 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

How “buggy” or incomplete is the code on NGG ? thelaw in another thread called it a “mess” whatever that means.
I’ve had mine for years and have hardly noticed and real flaws. The hole in one shot didn’t register one time and I’ve had points awarded at the start of a game without plunging the ball a couple of times.After that,I’m trying to work out where these bugs are.Granted ,I dont complete 18 holes very much ar all,so maybe I’m missing something.

In my view I would describe it as less than polished rather than buggy. Little things like sometimes a hole in one not registering, or obtaining a quick jackpot on an auto plunge rather than actually earning it, but to me the few issues I have experienced don’t really detract from the game. Now, I do wish the Code was deeper and went beyond the 9 holes since I believe holes 10-18 are essentially the same (although I am not a good enough player to make it to 18).

#1126 5 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

How “buggy” or incomplete is the code on NGG ? thelaw in another thread called it a “mess” whatever that means.

When I got my NGG earlier this year it had the 1.2 code on it. Multiplayer was super bugged when switching between players, ramps wouldnt open etc and reset when it switched. Also the Hole in 1 was random with finishing puts and giving the hole in one award. When I upgraded to the 1.3 code all those issues went away. Game plays pretty good now. I have noticed if the ball is moving fast enough sometimes the opto sensors dont register the lock behind bud, its rare though.

#1127 5 years ago

Are there any rumors of new playfields being made for NGG? All the ones I have seen for sale are asking for big bucks.

#1128 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Are there any rumors of new playfields being made for NGG? All the ones I have seen for sale are asking for big bucks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-good-gofers-repro-playfield-list-opening

#1129 5 years ago

Thanks to nicknack66 and Schamattack for the replies. Any little bugs in the game takes nothing away from it for me.
It’s a great walk up game to whack the ball around and have some fun.Nothing too serious.

2 weeks later
#1131 5 years ago

Can someone please post a photo of the wiring on the back of the backglass? I took mine off to clean and can't find the photo I took.

#1132 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Can someone please post a photo of the wiring on the back of the backglass? I took mine off to clean and can't find the photo I took.

Not the best picture, and my wiring harness it hacked, but this may help you with lamp placement. All the black bodies should be 455 random flash bulbs.

20180326_200116 (resized).jpg20180326_200116 (resized).jpg

Also check out post #712: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/15#post-3593667

#1133 5 years ago

Weird, my bucket is slightly different. A couple less holes. My yellow strand is missing the last long lamp. Green string isn't lining up.

I'll just find a way to make them all fit in a hole, which is turning out to be a bit challenging

IMG_20181104_090723 (resized).jpgIMG_20181104_090723 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1134 5 years ago

Looks like you have it upside down.

#1135 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Looks like you have it upside down.

No I think it is for another game.
Even looking at it the other way around it isn't right.

#1136 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

This is my backglass. Top of the backglass is the top of the picture.

IMG_2573 (resized).jpgIMG_2573 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1137 5 years ago

Anyone know what size and type of screws attach the post to the right side of slam ramp and the screw on top of the post?

I ordered this "black post assembly" from Little Shop of Games and no screws were included. I tried emailing them back and asking but they aren't responding. You'd think if it's called an assembly and pictured it would've been included.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/parts-by-game/parts-by-game-bally-williams/parts-by-game-bally-williams-no-good-gofers/no-good-gofers-slam-ramp-post-black-rubber-02-5321/

#1138 5 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Anyone know what size and type of screws attach the post to the right side of slam ramp and the screw on top of the post?
I ordered this "black post assembly" from Little Shop of Games and no screws were included. I tried emailing them back and asking but they aren't responding. You'd think if it's called an assembly and pictured it would've been included.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/parts-by-game/parts-by-game-bally-williams/parts-by-game-bally-williams-no-good-gofers/no-good-gofers-slam-ramp-post-black-rubber-02-5321/

Does this help Jacob?

952AC9AB-155C-47CE-80B2-488CF464EF52 (resized).png952AC9AB-155C-47CE-80B2-488CF464EF52 (resized).png
#1139 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Does this help Jacob?
[quoted image]

My posts were missing, got everything from Marco

#1140 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

My posts were missing, got everything from Marco

Thanks guys, I'll go though Marco from now on. I've had a couple bad experiences with Little Shop of Games.

1 week later
#1141 5 years ago

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Is it possible for someone to take a high quality picture (or scan) of the left inlane, the area where the ball drops from the left ramp?

I need to do some touch-up there or print a decal and need a clean shot of that area.

If you can help, thanks.

Robert

2 weeks later
#1142 5 years ago

Hi I'm newbie in this great community. I bought my gofers in shabby condition 2 y ago, however its been fun shopping up and learning under way - trying to avoid soldering jobs thou. I hate to admit I haven't done scores over 30 mils and been blaming both my age, lack of experience - and the weak flippers. Getting a flipper rebuild kit really helped, and w the help of VID' excellent flipper upgrading guide I recently made a gap tool from an old credit card and set the correct gap, and adjusted the flipper angle with the outlane plastic. Whoa, that really helped - watch me now!
Has anyone experience w VIDs other recommendations for increasing flipper power, 1) how about exchanging EOS switch w the 03-7811 extra spring leaf on NGG? 2) What about exchanging/upgrading the flipper capacitators - is it worth doing?
Thanks

#1143 5 years ago

Upper right flipper coil. Do these diodes just fail sometimes or should I be looking for something else that could have caused it to fry?

20190113_151428 (resized).jpg20190113_151428 (resized).jpg
#1144 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Upper right flipper coil. Do these diodes just fail sometimes or should I be looking for something else that could have caused it to fry?
[quoted image]

They fail sometimes. You should still trace the wiring back to ensure there wasn't a stuck on transistor that fried it. Check EOS switch is working. If you're ambitious take apart the flipper mech and see I'd you can remove the coil sleeve. If not you need to replace the coil.

#1145 5 years ago
Quoted from Sofus:

Hi I'm newbie in this great community. I bought my gofers in shabby condition 2 y ago, however its been fun shopping up and learning under way - trying to avoid soldering jobs thou. I hate to admit I haven't done scores over 30 mils and been blaming both my age, lack of experience - and the weak flippers. Getting a flipper rebuild kit really helped, and w the help of VID' excellent flipper upgrading guide I recently made a gap tool from an old credit card and set the correct gap, and adjusted the flipper angle with the outlane plastic. Whoa, that really helped - watch me now!
Has anyone experience w VIDs other recommendations for increasing flipper power, 1) how about exchanging EOS switch w the 03-7811 extra spring leaf on NGG? 2) What about exchanging/upgrading the flipper capacitators - is it worth doing?
Thanks

There are no flipper capacitors, the EOS switches only tell the game to switch from the high lower to the low power so would make no difference the switch type. The flippers are pretty perfect when working as designed.

#1146 5 years ago

Just finished shopping my NGG and I was wondering if the shooter lane coil pulses on powering up the game. I never noticed it before. It does it around the time the wheel does the test and spins. I have checked everything and can’t figure out why it’s firing. Thanks

#1147 5 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Just finished shopping my NGG and I was wondering if the shooter lane coil pulses on powering up the game. I never noticed it before. It does it around the time the wheel does the test and spins. I have checked everything and can’t figure out why it’s firing. Thanks

No, it should not fire during self test. Shooter lane switch?

#1148 5 years ago

Hey fellow Gofer lovers! So I have an amazing example and I got to thinking maybe I should stock on parts for it just in case we cant get them in the future. Any suggestions?
I was thinking
New upper play field(mine is in good shape but you never know)
Ramp Lift Catches
I have a brand new set of NOS gofers

what else?

#1149 5 years ago

The spinners can take a beating.

#1150 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hey fellow Gofer lovers! So I have an amazing example and I got to thinking maybe I should stock on parts for it just in case we cant get them in the future. Any suggestions?
I was thinking
New upper play field(mine is in good shape but you never know)
Ramp Lift Catches
I have a brand new set of NOS gofers
what else?

If you are going to be keeping the game indefinitely, or for a very long time, then you should really have spares of everything game specific. In this case ramps, plastics, slam ramp, toys and mechs etc etc
Anything that you can get your hands on as some parts will never be remade and chances are they will break when you cannot find a replacement anymore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,800 (OBO)
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.