(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2710 (resized).jpeg
20240107_181506 (resized).jpg

There are 2,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 43.
#1051 5 years ago

that's the part I need! The buy it button doesn't seem to be working. Will have to send him an email. Hopefully he still has some. I will try to find a few things to order from Marco. 1.25 for the part 10 to ship haha.

#1052 5 years ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

have to send him an email.

Yes, that's the way he operates...via email.

Robert

#1053 5 years ago

Thanks for the info they are also out of stock

#1054 5 years ago

Pm me the part numbers, pretty sure I have what you need

#1055 5 years ago

I just purchased a set through Bill (passionforpinball). From what I can tell my left gofer lock is also having issues, might as well replace both. He said he just ran a set last week so he has more available if anyone is interested. I found the spring on ebay for $1!! Just $3 more to ship

#1056 5 years ago

Any benefit to software 1.3 vs 1.2? I noticed my game is 1.2 not the latest 1.3. Was debating buying a chip for it, worth the 15 bucks?

#1057 5 years ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

Any benefit to software 1.3 vs 1.2? I noticed my game is 1.2 not the latest 1.3. Was debating buying a chip for it, worth the 15 bucks?

Back on page 11 of this thread...

http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=ROMS228
Just found this.....
Software Release - Rev 1.3
ROM date is: 04/06/98
Changes from Version 1.2:
- Improved ball search and missing ball compensation.
- Improved Hole-in-One Challenge interaction with Ripoff and Pop-A-Gofer.
- Some display and speech improvements.
Software Release - Rev 1.2
ROM date is: 02/16/98
This G11 works with all shipped versions of the sound ROMs. No update is necessary from version 1.0 sound ROMs.
Changes from version 1.0:
- Added new adjustment A2.32 (KICK DOWN MIDDLE). This adjustment (defaults to NO) turns off the kick from the Putting Green down towards the flippers. The kick will still happen at the start of Mulitball, but all other arrivals will be passed to the jet bumpers. Setting this to YES reverts to the original action.
- Improved switch handling for the Golf Cart toy.
- Changed rules slightly to light the Slam Ramp for one shot when a gofer is whacked.
- Changed Golf Stroke rules. Every hole starts at 7, the count drops by hitting gofer, making a drive shot, or putting out.
- Fixed a bug in status report.
- Some lamp and display glitches fixed.
- Improved kickback coil fire timing.
- Speech has been made a little more player-friendly.
Software Release - Rev 1.0
ROM date is: 12/01/97
This G11 works with all shipped versions of the sound ROMs.
Changes from version 0.5:
- Added German, French and Spanish translations
- Fixed german default pricing
- Fixed broken Time per Credit bookkeeping entry.
- Tournament mode rules adjusted.
- Many new lamp and display improvements.
- Improved broken switch and gofer compensation.
- Some speech improvements.
- Added Gofer test and Ordered Lamp test
- Added Hole-in-One and Daily Champions
- Fixed bug in Super Drive.
- Added difficulty preset adjustments
- Fixed ramp count bug on 5th multiball wave.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Hole in One challenge from starting off a true hole-in-one.
- More support for burn-in testing

#1058 5 years ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

I just purchased a set through Bill (passionforpinball). From what I can tell my left gofer lock is also having issues, might as well replace both. He said he just ran a set last week so he has more available if anyone is interested. I found the spring on ebay for $1!! Just $3 more to ship

Cliffy owns and runs "Passion for Pinball". Good deal on the spring.

Robert

#1059 5 years ago

I hate to keep asking questions, but you guys seem to know your stuff with the NGG so I got another one for ya. I added these felt furniture pads under my slam ramp (I trimmed them so they arnt as thick). It has made my slam ramp much quieter when dropping which gives me the impression the slam ramp was making hard contact with the play-field still. it seems to be much more smooth now and the bad locations under the screws do not seem to be making contact as I can slide a note card under them no problem now. My question is will these sand/wear on the play-field themselves? I have a piece of mylar under the slamp ramp but 2 trimmed pieces are partially on the play-field. The ramp still is low enough for the ball to launch up to the second level for the hole in one also.

browns-tans-everbilt-furniture-accessories-49876-64_1000 (resized).jpgbrowns-tans-everbilt-furniture-accessories-49876-64_1000 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1060 5 years ago

Well good news, After installing the cliffy brackets both ramps work great, error codes cleared up after 2 games. I also replaced the bushing for the slam ramp and seems to be much sturdier now. All I need now is my decal kit!!

#1061 5 years ago

Out of curiosity what settings does everyone play at? I have everything set to factory settings but the A-Sound and A-Music. Didnt really notice a different tho in what that changes for sound and music? Anyone have some input?

#1062 5 years ago

Hello, so I let a project sit a little to long, and have lost my disassembling pictures. Was hoping someone had some pictures of their playfield with the ramps off. I'm scrating my head on where some plastics went. TIA

IMG_20180629_210157997 (resized).jpgIMG_20180629_210157997 (resized).jpgIMG_20180629_210157997 (resized).jpgIMG_20180629_210157997 (resized).jpg
#1063 5 years ago

Here are some angles from the last time I took off ramps. I’m not sure they are what you need but good luck!

2995FB12-0452-4DB7-982B-0DE9C6970927 (resized).jpeg2995FB12-0452-4DB7-982B-0DE9C6970927 (resized).jpegB6732DA8-0040-4345-90D9-911DCBBB54C4 (resized).jpegB6732DA8-0040-4345-90D9-911DCBBB54C4 (resized).jpegBFFCF08B-B82A-4531-8DE0-E715118914EF (resized).jpegBFFCF08B-B82A-4531-8DE0-E715118914EF (resized).jpegDD711305-8081-477D-99BB-8633FE3EA54C (resized).jpegDD711305-8081-477D-99BB-8633FE3EA54C (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1064 5 years ago

Bud decided to get stuck last weekend, so apparently my weekend will involve trying to clean and troubleshoot the mechanism. I’ve done a bit of looking around, and I know the gofers are really annoying to work on. Does anyone have any tips/tricks to make it easier?

#1065 5 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

Bud decided to get stuck last weekend, so apparently my weekend will involve trying to clean and troubleshoot the mechanism. I’ve done a bit of looking around, and I know the gofers are really annoying to work on. Does anyone have any tips/tricks to make it easier?

If he is stuck up check the large metal post/pole that moves him up and down. The little pin in mine moved out slightly and was catching restricting his movement.

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

Unfortunately I know about stuck gofers all too well. I’ve rebuilt both gofers twice in the time I’ve owned my NGG. Gofers are now bullteproofed, but my machine has been down all week due to a new issue. My replacement MOU board arrives today, so we will see. NGG is a PIA to maintain. When it’s working, it’s a fun game.

#1067 5 years ago

Anyone have success repainting there goofers? I bought plastic touch up paint at the local hardware store, applied and let it dry overnight. Then put 4 coats of waterbased polyurethane over it. They held up well for about 100 games now buds starting to already show wear again around his cheeks... ugh

#1068 5 years ago

My right orbit (right cart path) is not qualifying a 'drive'. Spinner switch works.

Where do I start in resolving why a full shot thru the outer right orbit doesn't qualify a 'drive' shot?

#1069 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

My right orbit (right cart path) is not qualifying a 'drive'. Spinner switch works.
Where do I start in resolving why a full shot thru the outer right orbit doesn't qualify a 'drive' shot?

Test your orbit switches. If they work, the ball may be simply missing them so they may require adjustment

#1070 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Geez...I figured out why the right ramp wasn't working. The switch #5647-12693-19 (right outlane switch #27) was testing fine.

When I pushed a flex-cable magnetic tool into the right outlane, out came two screws just laying in the back of the lane. The ball must have been bouncing over them and never making contact with the switch as it rolled thru the lane up and around. I have no idea where the screws go. They've probably been there since I bought the game. I was just using the magnetic flex-cable to push on the switch and wasn't expecting to pull out two screws.

Crazy.

#1071 5 years ago

Stripped my gofers down and reassembled with this piece of plastic left over. Can’t find it in the manual. Can anyone tell me where it goes?

DF8F211A-BCC6-4F8C-815F-D5E395472E59 (resized).jpegDF8F211A-BCC6-4F8C-815F-D5E395472E59 (resized).jpeg
#1072 5 years ago
Quoted from 7oxford:

Can anyone tell me where it goes?

I just went and had a look for you. It attaches to a hex post above the right spinner.

#1073 5 years ago

Thanks Mate! I owe you one.

#1074 5 years ago

Anybody have an extra plastic that covers the captive ball?

ngg plastic (resized).jpgngg plastic (resized).jpg
#1075 5 years ago

Anyone have some scans of plastics?

#1076 5 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

If he is stuck up check the large metal post/pole that moves him up and down. The little pin in mine moved out slightly and was catching restricting his movement.

Thanks for the tip! That was the problem!!

#1077 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Anyone have some scans of plastics?

I may be able to scan that plastic, just give me a day or so.

Robert

2 weeks later
#1078 5 years ago

Well, I'm in the club. Picked up a really nice example from a good Pinside seller. Everything works and clean. Had an issue when firing it up the first time after getting it home where left GI would not light up along with a few flashers. Reseated some connectors in the back box and all is good.

Love the hole in one shot! My record is 6 in one game and have completed 12 holes so far with a high score of 82,000,000. Lots of fun.

Order the premium Cointaker LEDs today and hooked it up to my subwoofer.

Great game for guests and people that golf. Easy rules. Did I tell you I like the Hole in one shot?

2018-08-16 18.46.31 (resized).jpg2018-08-16 18.46.31 (resized).jpg2018-08-16 18.46.38 (resized).jpg2018-08-16 18.46.38 (resized).jpg2018-08-16 18.46.43 (resized).jpg2018-08-16 18.46.43 (resized).jpg
#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Anybody have an extra plastic that covers the captive ball?

Let me know if you still want a scan of that plastic.

Robert

#1080 5 years ago

I scanned this captive ball plastic anyway...and it wasn't easy to get any type of good result.

Robert

Captive Ball Scan Cropped.pdfCaptive Ball Scan Cropped.pdf
#1081 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I scanned this captive ball plastic anyway...and it wasn't easy to get any type of good result.
Robert
[quoted image]

Thank you! I'll likely make a repro it anyone else is in need

#1082 5 years ago

I have now put 50 plays on this game. For the $ I can't think of a better machine. I like it enough that I decided to order a ColorDMD along with the LED package. I don't see this one leaving the game room anytime soon.

#1083 5 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I decided to order a ColorDMD

I've got the LCD version in NGG here.Works really well with the 'cartoony' dmd features set to (hi res) smooth lines.

The decal set from flashinstinct is a nice addition too.

#1084 5 years ago

Thinking of joining the club with a trade for Terminator 2. Thoughts from members on a comparison between the 2 games?
Anything I need to be on the lookout for with this game?

#1085 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thinking of joining the club with a trade for Terminator 2. Thoughts from members on a comparison between the 2 games?
Anything I need to be on the lookout for with this game?

You'd be coming out way ahead, price-wise and quality of game-wise

#1086 5 years ago

What is your high score for this game, how many holes completed, and total number of Hole-in-One?

I tallied up 143 Million last night finishing 25 holes with 9 Hole-in-Ones. That was a five ball game, though.

2 weeks later
#1087 5 years ago

Sheesh, 143 Million!? That's a great game. How many extra balls? I think I put up around 65 million one night, can't remember how many extra balls, but more than likely only 1 or 2.

#1088 5 years ago

I've only broken 100mm once. Not easy to do. That jackpot ramp is no gimme.

#1089 5 years ago

I cant even break 50 million... I have hit 18 holes once and my score was only 35 million... 2 multi-balls and 5 hole in ones. What gives lol. All my settings are default. I am also playing 6 balls though vs factory 3.

1 week later
#1090 5 years ago

Anyone have a lexan playfield protector?
I'm going to shop out my game and install mine this winter. Curious if I need to readjust where the slam ramp mounts on the mech to accomadate the extra thickness to preserve the protector.
I plan to put some padding under the slam ramp anyways.

#1091 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Curious if I need to readjust where the slam ramp mounts on the mech to accomadate the extra thickness to preserve the protector.

I haven't used one of these, but they are about 20 mils thick, so you probably don't need to do too many adjustments.

You can check how much free-play you have currently with the slam ramp to playfield. As long as the bottom is padded and there is a little space under the ramp when it's in the down position (when you lift it), you should be OK.

After you install it, I'd check all of the roll over type switches, to see if they are actuated properly with the ball. You may need to bend the wire arms on a couple so that they are actuated.

Robert

#1092 5 years ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

I cant even break 50 million... I have hit 18 holes once and my score was only 35 million... 2 multi-balls and 5 hole in ones. What gives lol. All my settings are default. I am also playing 6 balls though vs factory 3

Just making the "holes" isn't the best way to get points.

Robert

A rule sheet I made, not sure if a pdf works here...

Rule Sheet_ No Good Gofers Rev 1.pdfRule Sheet_ No Good Gofers Rev 1.pdf

#1093 5 years ago

If you'd rather watch a video tutorial...

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Played a game before work today and got triple super skill shot. First time I have ever seen that. Nailed it too!

have never even heard of that... please elaborate ....... is there a double super skill shot too ?

1 week later
#1095 5 years ago

Any one have issues getting the ball to shoot up the side ramp? I think my spring is weak on the plunger. I adjusted it to make sure it was straight. The auto launcher gets up no problem and if I smash the knob is launches up no problem, only if I pull the plunger back and release it struggles to get up the ramp. Any input would be appreciated.

#1096 5 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Well, I'm in the club. Picked up a really nice example from a good Pinside seller. Everything works and clean. Had an issue when firing it up the first time after getting it home where left GI would not light up along with a few flashers. Reseated some connectors in the back box and all is good.
Love the hole in one shot! My record is 6 in one game and have completed 12 holes so far with a high score of 82,000,000. Lots of fun.
Order the premium Cointaker LEDs today and hooked it up to my subwoofer.
Great game for guests and people that golf. Easy rules. Did I tell you I like the Hole in one shot?

which cointaker kit did you get for NGG? did you have to add/substitute any of the led's? are you happy with it? mine is still incandescent and I need to update it. thanks for the info.

-troy

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

Any one have issues getting the ball to shoot up the side ramp? I think my spring is weak on the plunger. I adjusted it to make sure it was straight. The auto launcher gets up no problem and if I smash the knob is launches up no problem, only if I pull the plunger back and release it struggles to get up the ramp. Any input would be appreciated.

Your auto launch goes all the way up the side ramp? Mine doesn't. Is it supposed to?

#1098 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Your auto launch goes all the way up the side ramp? Mine doesn't. Is it supposed to?

Id say 50/50 it makes it up the ramp, sometimes in multiball it gives me a free jackpot, I guess now that I think of it I bet it shouldnt.

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

which cointaker kit did you get for NGG? did you have to add/substitute any of the led's? are you happy with it? mine is still incandescent and I need to update it. thanks for the info.
-troy

I did cometpinball - TWIN 2835 in sunlight/frosted for all bulbs above/under play field except flashers. I ordered 60 of the #555 and 60 of the 44's, I then ordered the 10 smd 12v 5630 to color match the 12v flashers everywhere. I left the backglass standard bulbs, I hate the led bleed look up top. I personally love this look. the twins in sunlight looks perfect and doesnt blink you.

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

-troy

Quoted from Schamattack:

I did cometpinball - TWIN 2835 in sunlight/frosted for all bulbs above/under play field except flashers. I ordered 60 of the #555 and 60 of the 44's, I then ordered the 10 smd 12v 5630 to color match the 12v flashers everywhere. I left the backglass standard bulbs, I hate the led bleed look up top. I personally love this look. the twins in sunlight looks perfect and doesnt blink you.

This is good advice.

I went with 1 SMD warm white frosted for most playfield inserts. One color change I made that I really like: I put 1 SMD frosted greens under every "DRIVE" insert, which makes it way easier to pick out what you're supposed to be hitting. I also put red under the extra ball, and orange under multiball. I matched a few red inserts too, not sure it's necessary, and I got double flex bulbs for the sand trap, single flex for the wheel indicator.

I like to brighten up the playfield to reduce glare and help when playing in a dark room, so I added OPMAX bulbs under the slings and ball return guide (6 total bayonet base). Get them in whatever white you did you GI (I went cool, but sunlight is very nice too). I also added spotlights to the sling posts and put opmax in them. I went with 5SMD for the rest of the spots in the game.

I used natural white 2 SMDs frosted in the backbox. Looks great and take stress off the GI connector. You can get independently flashing 455s for the backbox as well from comet. I got a mix of slow and fast blinking so they don't sync up.

I left my flashers incandescent. I've played a friends JP with LED flashers that were so blindingly bright they detracted from the game. If you do go for LEDs I'd go for the weaker ones.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Reston, VA
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/22?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.