(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Apekop

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,197 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Agent_Hero
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 262 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9B16D535-11E5-4EF0-827A-8DA4BD0B2F25 (resized).jpeg
6431B54A-316E-46FB-87A6-0EAFAF1DA3E4 (resized).jpeg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
DSCN4638 (resized).JPG
DSCN4636 (resized).JPG
DSCN4641 (resized).JPG
DSCN4635 (resized).JPG
DSCN4639 (resized).JPG
DSCN4624 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190204_220452 (resized).jpg

There are 1197 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 24.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Achieved a new all time high for myself, only my second time to18th hole, almost got back to 3rd 9 hole challenge, I still love this game!

image.jpg 255 KB

It was great to finish the 18th hole but when I found out that I lost the bonuses for the holes and
had to start over I was really bummed. I'm wondering if you should just try to drain all the balls
before finishing the 18th with max multiplier.

#52 4 years ago

Any trapped ball issues with that cart ornament added to the left of the spam ramp?

Quoted from Pigjes:

Love the NGG a lot! Reminds me of 2 sweet twin guinea pigs I had, who looked like Buzz and Bud!

Here are our toppers:

Isn't this cuuuuuuuuute?

gofer topper.JPG 151 KB

gofers mod.JPG 140 KB

bunnyloo twins W.JPG 140 KB

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

It was great to finish the 18th hole but when I found out that I lost the bonuses for the holes and
had to start over I was really bummed. I'm wondering if you should just try to drain all the balls
before finishing the 18th with max multiplier.

You still get the one time 10M for finishing the course and a non multiplied 2.5M at each end of ball.

That being said, draining is an interesting thought especially if there were a lot of holes in one within the 18 holes. The 5x multiplier gives you an EB in your pocket assuming the shot is achieved.

#54 4 years ago

I just picked up my first pin this week and it's a NGG!
Can I still purchase those stickers for the ramps and gopher tops?

2 weeks later
#55 4 years ago

I am re-joining the club in about a month! Ayone have a bulb list, trying to buy some LED's may just do GI?

#56 4 years ago

Okay - I have purchased a beautiful Laseriffic topper for my NGG. I will post pics when it arrives.

HOWEVER - still looking for a NOS, used or replacement backglass for NGG, because mine exploded.

NGG Toppers?

NGG Translites? HELP?!? I'm tired of looking at my backboard decal where the BG should be....

#57 4 years ago

Does anyone have any tips on aligning the shooter lane and the ramp to get the ball to successfully go up to the driving range at plunge? I'm not even talking about the auto-fire, on my NGG only about 10% of the plunges will actually go up the ramp, most shots bounce back and forth along the sides of the first 6" of the ramp and come back down. I've inspected the plunger and its already aligned pretty centered on the ball. I think perhaps the gate that protects the shooter lane is altering its trajectory.

#58 4 years ago

I've had my NGG for a few weeks. I'm starting to get the hang of knowing what to shoot for and when. Too bad my scores don't show it. I think my best so far is 37mil. I'm addicted though.

Sometimes my right gopher doesn't go down in his hole all the way. Is there an easy adjustment for that?

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've had my NGG for a few weeks. I'm starting to get the hang of knowing what to shoot for and when. Too bad my scores don't show it. I think my best so far is 37mil. I'm addicted though.
Sometimes my right gopher doesn't go down in his hole all the way. Is there an easy adjustment for that?

I am pretty sure there is a bolt that adjusts how far he goes down. Been a while since i had my gofers, new one coming soon. Ill see if I can find it in the online manual.

#60 4 years ago

Think its part #16 in this diagram, but dont have one to test for ya If its random then its possible you just need a new coil sleeve or linkage and its getting stuck.

Capture2.PNG
#61 4 years ago
Quoted from ParaBax:

Does anyone have any tips on aligning the shooter lane and the ramp to get the ball to successfully go up to the driving range at plunge? I'm not even talking about the auto-fire, on my NGG only about 10% of the plunges will actually go up the ramp, most shots bounce back and forth along the sides of the first 6" of the ramp and come back down. I've inspected the plunger and its already aligned pretty centered on the ball. I think perhaps the gate that protects the shooter lane is altering its trajectory.

I'm pretty sure you can adjust the ball guide to allow the ball to hit the ramp cleanly.

#63 4 years ago

The gopher pops up fine but is slow to go down and sometimes blocks the ramp shot. Looks like they operate on a plunger type rod. What would be the fix for that? I'm new to pins and don't have a clue how to fix things.

#64 4 years ago

Mandelbloom pointed out the correct assembly in the manual. Sounds like the mech needs a good cleaning. If you disassemble, take a lot of pics/video to archive your progress. The manual also shows how the assembly goes together.

#65 4 years ago

Make sure the roll pin on the gopher shafts is not broken. Also, the screw and nut haven't come loose that hold the gophers on to the rod.

#66 4 years ago

Hope this helps

IMG_1343.jpg IMG_1344.jpg IMG_1345.jpg IMG_1346.jpg IMG_1347.JPG IMG_1339.jpg IMG_1340.jpg IMG_1341.jpg IMG_1349.JPG IMG_1342.jpg
#67 4 years ago

Thanks guys. I will look into it today.

#68 4 years ago

NO CHOKING

I love that part. Haha.

#69 4 years ago

Buzz is smooth as butter now! Cleaned him up and he is good to go.

#71 4 years ago

I don't know what LEDs Marcos uses, probably cheaper to just buy better LEDs in the colors you want. And buy extra colors to try all over. I buy mine here. http://www.rockcustompinball.com I don't have a ngg but I am looking at one tomorrow , and hopefully purchasing.

#72 4 years ago

I picked mine up cheap many moons ago. It played but needed a new playfield as the old one was worn to the wood and most of the inserts were lifted or gone. It hurt my feelings when the only one I found, a NOS, cost me $1200. Nearly what I paid for the game.

The shop job was a nightmare - adjusting the gophers exactly right took almost as much time as rebuilding the PF. I can see why this game was hated on location and didn't sell well. It really needs to be set up right. For example, the code doesn't take into account that the gophers may be out of position. If a gopher is supposed to be up, but is down, because of some mechanical issue, you can't lock a ball and you can't achieve multiball. And since the multiball jackpot shot is such a huge award, not being able to get there really screws the game. These types of things plague this game on location and is probably why people didn't like it back in the day.

On the other hand, if the game is set up right, it's such a blast to play. I think the layout is one of lawlor's best.

I set the gopher taunts to aggressive and have the ball fire back down the middle. Bud and Buzz are confrontational and funny. I hate golf, but I love this game.

#73 4 years ago

I put in coin takers a few years back. They make a huge improvement in the inserts and GI. I would not put them in the flashers. They will send you into seizures during jackpot.

#74 4 years ago

Can someone take a quick pic of the underside of the slam ramp mech? I need to replace the 2.5" socket cap screw that it uses to track up and down. Someone just put in a standard head screw and my ramp is sticking near the the top, not staying all the way up, and causing some ball strikes. Anyone else have a ramp that keeps getting ball strikes when up?

#75 4 years ago

What does GI stand for? Sorry, new to this. So many abbreviations to learn on this site.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What does GI stand for? Sorry, new to this. So many abbreviations to learn on this site.

General Illumination; all the bulbs that light up the playfield. The other lights or controlled/insert lights are the ones under the playfield inserts

Having issues with some flashers not working or being weak...I'll have to check if the power is low.

#77 4 years ago

Does anyone have a list of all the Gophers Choice modes?
I seem to always get the same ones and while it's choosing I think I see a mode with the word "turtle" in it. Is there some mode called turtle xxx, or am I seeing things?

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is there some mode called turtle xxx, or am I seeing things?

I believe there are some random fake ones in there...like the video mode.

#79 4 years ago

Any recommendations on where to get a slam ramp overlay? My ramp has broke thru a protective Mylar layer and has worn the paint off the play field. I see Little Shop of Games and Treasure Cove sell them. Just looking for some guidance.

How do I get the old Mylar off to do the repair?

Thanks.

#80 4 years ago

Was going to suggest little shop, you can probably use freeze spray and get the old mylar off. I think its best to fill the hole with some sort of putty and then lay the decal on. removing the ramp will be required to do it right. I havent done it, but read about it Good Luck!

#81 4 years ago

Never dealt with an overlay. I was looking into it and read you had to clear it after and sounded like too much work

#82 4 years ago

Got a question for you all. I noticed yesterday that i have 2 flashers that are not working. The are in the middle of the PF, red dome on left by slam ramp, and 89 under PF by the upper flipper.
Neither of these work, and I also noticed they don;t have a section to test them in the single flasher test....what's up with that?

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Never dealt with an overlay. I was looking into it and read you had to clear it after and sounded like too much work

This one does not require clear coat, had it on my old NGG and I could barely tell it was there.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

This one does not require clear coat, had it on my old NGG and I could barely tell it was there.

Cool thanks!

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Got a question for you all. I noticed yesterday that i have 2 flashers that are not working. The are in the middle of the PF, red dome on left by slam ramp, and 89 under PF by the upper flipper.
Neither of these work, and I also noticed they don;t have a section to test them in the single flasher test....what's up with that?

They are linked to the spinner flashers, work with them at same time. Left and Right spinner flashers in test.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

They are linked to the spinner flashers, work with them at same time. Left and Right spinner flashers in test.

Appreciate it!

#87 4 years ago

Thanks for the responses. Is the overlay from Little Shop of Games laminated? The one from Treasure Cove is but the colors are not an exact match, per their website. Is the laminate necessary?

#88 4 years ago

How do I pull these bulbs out? The top one was setup differently and I was able to pull that one, but the others I can't get out.

rangelights.jpeg

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How do I pull these bulbs out? The top one was setup differently and I was able to pull that one, but the others I can't get out.
rangelights.jpeg 154 KB

I use a piece of rubber hose that fits over the bulb and makes it easier to pull them out.

#90 4 years ago

I guess I should join the club, as I have two NGG machines. One is on location at Meta Games Unlimited in Springfield, MO and the other is currently being shopped and restored. The play field got clear coated yesterday, so reassembly will start shortly. Everything has been cleaned repaired and tons of parts replaced. I plan to have it back together and ready for the Texas Pinball Festival in March where I am hoping to sell it or trade it for another title. Its a great game that the whole family loves.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How do I pull these bulbs out? The top one was setup differently and I was able to pull that one, but the others I can't get out

I utilize a used bumper post sleeve

#92 4 years ago

Finally found and picked up my new gofers. Needs usual rubber Cleaning wheel decal etc.IMG_20150204_072001814_HDR.jpgIMG_20150129_071540210_HDR.jpg

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Droptargets:

Finally found and picked up my new gofers. Needs usual rubber Cleaning wheel decal etc.

IMG_20150204_072001814_HDR.jpg 276 KB

IMG_20150129_071540210_HDR.jpg 303 KB

Looks good! Congrats!

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

rangelights.jpeg 154 KB

I wrapped some electrical tape around pliers to help me grip the bulb. I wound up crunching it. Now I really don't know how to get the rest of it out. If I were able to super glue something to it, like a popsicle stick or something, would that bond be strong enough to pull the rest of the bulb out? Open to any ideas.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I used a plunger tip. Just twisted it on the light and was able to get enough grip to remove them.

rangelights.jpeg 154 KB

#96 4 years ago

New NGG owner and having a few minor issues I want to clear up.
1. Has anyone come up with a creative way for eliminating the ball hang up on the slam ramp? If not where can I get a hang up kit and will it work on the new ramps?
2. Is there an adjustment to eliminate the ball that shoots out of the putting green going SDTM? The ball goes down the middle enough on this game so I don't need that too. So annoying!
3. The ball is also regularly hanging up on the metal piece between the left inlanes.
4. The ball also seems to hit the bottom of the Slam Ramp too often. It does have felt under it that I have not removed but can it be adjusted at all and if not are there thoughts on where to place the rubber on the flipper that will keep the ball down?
Glad to be in the club! Thanks for the help, K

#97 4 years ago

Make sure you have the latest code, I think 1.3. That changes it so it never shoots out of the putting green except when multi ball starts.

#98 4 years ago

I have a ball hang up kit I will sell. I ordered it when I got my ngg only to find out it already had one installed. The only thing I used was one or two of the little rubber sticky grommets.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball13:

New NGG owner and having a few minor issues I want to clear up.
1. Has anyone come up with a creative way for eliminating the ball hang up on the slam ramp? If not where can I get a hang up kit and will it work on the new ramps?

This place is an option for the kit if you don't get something from gliebig...
Also a pinball parts supply place in Australia has some NOS kits.

DMS consistently has this available, once in a while he posts it on eBay for a bit cheaper:
http://dmspinballs.com/nggparts.html
I consider this a 'must buy' for a NGG

2. Is there an adjustment to eliminate the ball that shoots out of the putting green going SDTM? The ball goes down the middle enough on this game so I don't need that too. So annoying!

The kickback coil alignment needs to be changed. Loosen the two nuts that hold the bracket in place and then just slightly turn it left or right to re-aim. You'd don't need to turn it very much to get it to shoot off to the side and avoid the PITA sdtm drain...

#100 4 years ago

I bought some leds for the back box and was fixing a couple Flashers on the playfield and noticed there is no flasher test or flashing from my back box. I'm confused. I bought some led flashers for the back box based on a visual inspection of what was in there. Did I get the wrong bulbs?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
There are 1197 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside