(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2710 (resized).jpeg
20240107_181506 (resized).jpg

There are 2,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 43.
#851 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Works great so far.

can you please post a photo of yours? The Ebay pics there are really bad.

#852 6 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

The Ebay pics there are really bad.

Glad to see I'm not the only one, it's hard to tell what's going on in those eBay pictures.

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Glad to see I'm not the only one, it's hard to tell what's going on in those eBay pictures.

It's hard to get a picture of them unless I take the ramp off. You will like them you don't even see them. The one on the back of the ramp you don't see from the front or off to the side. The bottom one I put in the middle, but that's up to you where you put it. I trimmed mine a little and he sent me an extra piece I didn't use.

#854 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

... Also, should the left ramp sit on top of that post connected to the back wall?

Did anyone ever answer the question about the post in the back left of the back wall?

Mine also has the ramp pinned under this post, but it seems to put some flex in the plastic. How is everyone else's set up?

#855 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshinDC:

Did anyone ever answer the question about the post in the back left of the back wall?
Mine also has the ramp pinned under this post, but it seems to put some flex in the plastic. How is everyone else's set up?

I ended up putting the ramp plastic over top of the post. Seems like a ball would be less likely to get stuck with it like that.

1 week later
#856 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

top-notchtargetsheilds Has what you need.
ebay.com link » No Good Gofers Pinball 2 Pc Slam Ramp Protector Cushioned Decal Set

or felt for half the price at home depot, wal mart etc. I got a sheet of felt adhesive dots years ago, put some under there and no issues.

#857 6 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

or felt for half the price at home depot, wal mart etc.

I'm thinking I will take this route as well. I don't really like the design on those eBay decals.

2 weeks later
#858 6 years ago

I'm almost done shopping out a new (to me) NGG and I have almost everything working great.

Can someone post pictures of how the top hole-in-one plastic ramp is secured, and how it sits on the playfield? The owner before me used duct tape, I'm pretty sure it didn't come that way from the factory.

#859 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I'm almost done shopping out a new (to me) NGG and I have almost everything working great.
Can someone post pictures of how the top hole-in-one plastic ramp is secured, and how it sits on the playfield? The owner before me used duct tape, I'm pretty sure it didn't come that way from the factory.

Are you talking about the large upper play field clear plastic? If so, the back end of it sits in two slits in the backboard, then it's held down by one screw between the center ramp and right ramp.

#860 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Are you talking about the large upper play field clear plastic? If so, the back end of it sits in two slits in the backboard, then it's held down by one screw between the center ramp and right ramp.

Yes, that's the one. Thanks. Do you have a picture of what the parts look like resting on the playfield?

#861 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Yes, that's the one. Thanks. Do you have a picture of what the parts look like resting on the playfield?

Is this what you mean? Or did you need a picture of what's under the upper playfield?
nggbareupperplayfield (resized).jpgnggbareupperplayfield (resized).jpg
nggupperplayfield (resized).jpgnggupperplayfield (resized).jpg

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

This is where you connect it to the playfield. The screw isn't secured all the way in this particular picture but you get the idea. I've since replaced that pan head screw with a flat top, counter sunk screw. It helps the screw head sit flush against the plastic and prevents random rejects from the ball bouncing off the rounded top of the original screw.

IMG_1074 (resized).jpgIMG_1074 (resized).jpg

#863 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

This is where you connect it to the playfield. The screw isn't secured all the way in this particular picture but you get the idea. I've since replaced that pan head screw with a flat top, counter sunk screw. It helps the screw head sit flush against the plastic and prevents random rejects from the ball bouncing off the rounded top of the original screw.

Thanks. That's what I think I have. The bottom of that single post just sits on the playfield? I can't see how you would attach it.

Do you also happen to have a picture of the screw, or know what kind of screw goes into the backboard to hold the mini playfield in?

#864 6 years ago

What's the latest on the possible
NGG additional rules and programming?

#865 6 years ago

Hi guys,

Whats the verdict on the full playfield protectors? Was thinking of doing one eventually as my insert above the flippers is slightly raised. Not a huge deal, but the thought of putting a wood block on the playfield and hitting with a hammer doesn't appeal to me.

Does it change the character of the game? Does the ball get stuck more? Does the spinning disk still work corectly?

#866 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Thanks. That's what I think I have. The bottom of that single post just sits on the playfield? I can't see how you would attach it.
Do you also happen to have a picture of the screw, or know what kind of screw goes into the backboard to hold the mini playfield in?

That post goes through the playfield just like any other post does. It's held on by a washer and nut underneath. For your other question, there is no screw that holds the upper playfield to the back board. It sits in the slit in the backboard and the entire playfield is held in place by the one screw I circled in my previous picture.

IMG_1035 (resized).jpgIMG_1035 (resized).jpg

#867 6 years ago

Thanks Jakers that's exactly what I needed to know. The No Good Last Owner did a silly thing when that post broke - he just sanded it down and let it stand freely on the playfield!

#868 6 years ago

For the record the part number on that post is 02-5222, Marco has them.

#869 6 years ago

Any tips on safely and easily getting the wheel decal off and replacing it with a new one?

#870 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Any tips on safely and easily getting the wheel decal off and replacing it with a new one?

Remove the wheel assembly from the machine, it's much easier to work on out on its own. Goo gone did a nice job of softening the glue so it would peel. I had to peel a little, add goo gone, wait and repeat. Clean the surface with alcohol and make sure you line up the index mark when installing the new decal.

#871 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Remove the wheel and use a hair dryer to heat up the decal. It peels right off.

#872 6 years ago

I haven't done mine in years, I think I did it in 2002. But if I remember correctly it just peeled off. The games were newer then though.

#873 6 years ago

I'm about to get a VERY project condition NGG, really looking forward to it.

It is completely missing the backglass - wondering if anyone had a scan of the backglass or translite that i could get printed up - feel free to PM me if you do.

#874 6 years ago

After a couple of months restoring, will receive mine on monday. Looks great and plays fantastically.
Did a couple of mods for my daughters

IMG_6889 (resized).JPGIMG_6889 (resized).JPG

IMG_7084 (resized).JPGIMG_7084 (resized).JPG

IMG_7087 (resized).JPGIMG_7087 (resized).JPG

#875 6 years ago

Wow, beautiful work on that coin door!

#876 6 years ago

I love the Caddyshack gopher addition.

#877 6 years ago
Quoted from robm:

It is completely missing the backglass - wondering if anyone had a scan of the backglass or translite that i could get printed up - feel free to PM me if you do.

Mine is flaking bad on the edges, I too would be interested in a scan or print if anyone has one.

1 week later
#878 6 years ago

Anybody wanting to sell a gopher plunger assembly ? Mine is broken
Also what are the correct measures of the roll pin and spring at the end of the plunge ?

IMG_7243 (resized).JPGIMG_7243 (resized).JPG

IMG_7244 (resized).JPGIMG_7244 (resized).JPG

#879 6 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

Anybody wanting to sell a gopher plunger assembly ? Mine is broken
Also what are the correct measures of the roll pin and spring at the end of the plunge ?

It looks like pinball center has the top part of the plunger.
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/no-good-gofers/6328/replacement-rod-plunger-for-no-good-gofers-a-21814

#880 6 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

Mine is broken

What's broken? Did the plunger break?

The spring you're showing in the second picture does not look broken (although it is bent a little bit).

#881 6 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

What's broken? Did the plunger break?
The spring you're showing in the second picture does not look broken (although it is bent a little bit).

That's where the screw goes through to hold the gopher. He's missing the top portion.

#882 6 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

That's where the screw goes through to hold the gopher. He's missing the top portion.

AH, yes. I forgot about that portion.

Carry on then.

#883 6 years ago

I’m finally getting the new cabinet finished for my second gofers.

It helps having a second machine to verify everything.

60E3764B-45CD-4F38-AFFF-ABA30B991419 (resized).jpeg60E3764B-45CD-4F38-AFFF-ABA30B991419 (resized).jpeg
098FA66F-FBF9-46CD-AB41-8CF31CBC1ADB (resized).jpeg098FA66F-FBF9-46CD-AB41-8CF31CBC1ADB (resized).jpeg

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I’m finally getting the new cabinet finished for my second gofers.
It helps having a second machine to verify everything.

looks great...did you build that cab?

#885 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

looks great...did you build that cab?

Thanks. Cabinet was built for me, but I had to finish it (locate & drill holes, supports, sand, decals, etc)

It’s the third new cabinet I’ve done ,first was Wh2o, then MB. I’m pretty used to the wpc cabs now.

1 week later
#886 6 years ago

I saw this listing on ebay for a backglass. Not cheap but I haven't seen another one for sale in a while.

ebay.com link: 1997 Williams No Good Gofers NOS Backglass

#887 6 years ago

I've been trying to think of ways to protect the playfield from the slam ramp on my NGG. I thought about using some kind of felt, or putting small furniture pads on the corners, or... I finically decided to cut a custom piece of a kind of thin black craft foam (not sure what's it's really called, my mom actually had some laying around and I grabbed some the last time I was over there.)

Anyway, with the game off I put the foam piece under the ramp and manually pushed the ramp down. I traced the shape of the ramp onto the foam and cut it to accordingly. To adhere it to the ramp I had thought about hot glue, but then remembered I had some clear double sided tape. I figured hot glue would be a lot harder to remove if I ever needed to. With the foam cut, the tape added, I stuck that sucker to the bottom of the ramp and pressed it on. Played a few games and it seems to work perfect so far.

Here are a couple of pictures so you can get a visual of what it looks like. Maybe other owners out there are trying to protect their playfields too, so here is a suggestion for those people.

(By the way, the half moon piece of mylar on the playfield around that slam ramp area was put there by the previous owner. And rather poorly I might add. But it's ok, I hardly notice it really.)

IMG_5593.JPGIMG_5593.JPG
IMG_5592.JPGIMG_5592.JPG
IMG_5594.JPGIMG_5594.JPG
IMG_5595.JPGIMG_5595.JPG

#888 6 years ago

My only concern would be the ramp is physically sitting higher now. It is a cool idea though. I think honestly though the felt furniture pads are simple and mine have been on for 16 years now.

#889 6 years ago

I was worried about it sitting a little higher too but really the difference is negligible. The ramp shots don't feel or appear any different than before. It's working great so far. I hope it stands up against the wear and tear over time (although I don't see why it wouldn't.)

#890 6 years ago

Could someone confirm the length of the post that mounts the upper playfield? I am replacing, and think mine is too short since it has a marks from the right gofer ramp hitting it.

#891 6 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Could someone confirm the length of the post that mounts the upper playfield? I am replacing, and think mine is too short since it has a marks from the right gofer ramp hitting it.

The length of the metal post between the two gofer ramps? Happy to measure for you, but fyi, my upper playfield also has marks from the right gofer ramp hitting it so you may actually have the correct piece. Think I read in other posts or somewhere that that's just a wear issue with the game.

#892 6 years ago

Yes, please measure the post. Has anyone used a washer our something to space up the mini playfield? I don't want to scratch the new one after waiting so long to replace it.

#893 6 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Yes, please measure the post. Has anyone used a washer our something to space up the mini playfield? I don't want to scratch the new one after waiting so long to replace it.

My post measures 3 inches from top to bottom (bottom of the threads where it screws into the playfield). I also took a measure of the distance from the playfield to the upper playfield just to the right of right (Buzz) ramp (in front of the post there) and it measured 2 inches. Hope this helps.

#894 6 years ago

I recently picked up the decal for the backboard. Do you have to strip most of the hardware to get to the backboard and install it or is there a way to remove the backboard from the playfield?

#895 6 years ago

Would someone be so kind as to take some pictures of the underneath of their upper playfield wiring? I'm buttoning up my NGG and have multiple plugs that could go to different spots. Williams must have started using wiring harnesses that would work with multiple games in the WPC95 era. There's no way that all of these plugs get used.
You'd think I'd learn that when disassembling pins, when I think I have enough pictures, take some more!

Added over 6 years ago: Pinsider Djblouw was nice enough to send me the link to his pictures on Photobucket and I'm squared away now. Thanks DJ!

#896 6 years ago

I've been working thru a few issues with my NGG, and in the process I have now somehow screwed up the 2 lower EOS switches. The upper right still tests OK, but the lower 2 don't.

I can't find any broken wires and I don't think I shorted anything out.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Robert

#897 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I've been working thru a few issues with my NGG, and in the process I have now somehow screwed up the 2 lower EOS switches. The upper right still tests OK, but the lower 2 don't.

I finally found a broken orange wire in the wiring harness...WTF...how does this crap happen? So the EOS are registering now, great.

Still getting random activations of the right popper during a game, probably going to give up as I've trouble-shot this for hours and got nowhere, except a broken orange wire in the harness that I had to fix too. I've replaced opto's, inspected the opto board, looked at a bunch of switches and diodes and inspected the harnesses...with really no affect. I suppose I could replace the opto board, but those things are difficult to find and a bit pricey to just buy-to-test.

Robert

#898 6 years ago

If anyone is looking for a very nice ngg here it is. Asking 5200 has newer cabinet decals and door, clear-coated Playfield no issues with the slam ramp area all taken care of with padding, color dmd, Topper, ramp and target decals, has everything you could ever ask on this game.

20170907_183404 (resized).jpg20170907_183404 (resized).jpg

20170907_183404 (resized).jpg20170907_183404 (resized).jpg

20170907_183250 (resized).jpg20170907_183250 (resized).jpg

#899 6 years ago

Just had a great game. Switched up my usual strategy of focussing on multi balls and went for completed holes and bonuses. I rarely go for the bonuses but hit 5X and extra ball twice in one game and nearly finishes 18 holes.
First time I ever had Easy Jackpot for ten million. Actually hit that twice. BUD goes CRAZY. IT was pretty cool.
Didn't score that well, only 64mill so I didn't make the leaderboard but it was a blast.
Sometimes just changing how you play the game makes it a lot of fun again.
Now to crack open a beer and go again.

2 weeks later
#900 6 years ago

How do you get access to the right cart path spinner to adjust it and or replace it? I have the clear overlay off (with the cart and hole in one) but can’t seem to get the right blue ramp off despite taking all visible nuts off on right side. Is there access from the underside of the playfield?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 2,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/18?hl=joshindc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.