(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 43.
#801 6 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

So my back-box connector is hacked, could someone tell me if the backbox ever changes during gameplay? Mine is just always on with the 5 random flashers working. In test mode GI strings 4 & 5 don't seem to turn anything on/off, just wondering if the backbox is wired wrong and I should look into it.

It's a WPC95 game so the two G.I. strings in the backbox are always on. That changed from WPC where all 5 strings could be dimmed. So the behavior of your game is normal.

#802 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Played a game before work today and got triple super skill shot. First time I have ever seen that. Nailed it too!

Never heard of the "triple super skill shot". How'd you get that?

#803 6 years ago

Random wheel award I think. Had the double, which I rarely get and then the triple. Probably never see it again.

#804 6 years ago

OK guys, I need a recommendation. I am going to strip the playfield on my NGG, do a good shop out on it, add LED's and sell it. What kind of LED kit should I install: non-ghosting, ghosting, super bright or whatever. I just want a kit, don't want to go through all the angst of customizing each lamp fixture. Which kit do you suggest and where should I buy it?

Thanks,

Alan

#805 6 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

OK guys, I need a recommendation. I am going to strip the playfield on my NGG, do a good shop out on it, add LED's and sell it. What kind of LED kit should I install: non-ghosting, ghosting, super bright or whatever. I just want a kit, don't want to go through all the angst of customizing each lamp fixture. Which kit do you suggest and where should I buy it?
Thanks,
Alan

I would probably just get 2SMD from Comet. You could get one of the starter packs they have and its about half the price of buying the "kits"

#806 6 years ago

I have a few things going on with my NGG, they are as follows:

1.The left ramp, which is the above the left gofers head, in two player will not go up when the lock is lit at all times.
2. The right outlane switch is interminent.
3. The right spinner to the right cart path is hung up on the clear acrylic that protects the play field from the ball coming down after an attempt at a hole in one.
4. A lot of times when I shoot the ball in the lock, of either ramp, it shoots right back out.
5. The right ramp will not stay up in lock mode at all times.
Any help would be appreciated.

#807 6 years ago

Anyone know if I wanted to take the playfield off of NGG, are the plugs under the table, all on the board or some of each? I haven't taken a look at it myself yet. Thanks

#808 6 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

Anyone know if I wanted to take the playfield off of NGG, are the plugs under the table, all on the board or some of each? I haven't taken a look at it myself yet. Thanks

There are two big plastic tubes that carry the wires from the head to the cabinet. The gray tube has wires that go from the coin door area and transformer and have large plugs that can be disconnected. The black tube carries wires to the playfield and although there are many little plugs to disconnect various assemblies under the pf, it would probably be easier to disconnect them from the boards. Look down through the pedestal hole and see which wires go into the black tube and disconnect them. Just make sure that ALL wires are disconnected before yanking that playfield out.

#809 6 years ago

What color is your shooter spring? My shooter will not launch a ball that will go all the way up the upper left ramp. I'm going to replace the barrel spring and shooter sleeve, but should I install a stronger (red?) spring? The manual calls for a 10-148-1 which is a medium to strong spring.

Thanks,

Alan

#810 6 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

What color is your shooter spring? My shooter will not launch a ball that will go all the way up the upper left ramp. I'm going to replace the barrel spring and shooter sleeve, but should I install a stronger (red?) spring? The manual calls for a 10-148-1 which is a medium to strong spring.
Thanks,
Alan

Are you sure the ball is entering the ramp cleanly? If not adjusted well, the ball has a tendency to rattle at the ramp entrance. This can be solved by some adjustment of the ball guide exiting the shooter lane.

#811 6 years ago

Thanks for the reply, but the ball on my game goes right up the ramp but only halfway then comes back down. I've tried different methods of releasing the shooter but nothing works. The spring is just not gettin' 'er done.

#812 6 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

We took the playfield out to get the machine down my difficult stairs. iirc if you have everything disconnected in the head, just detangle the wires and you can pull the playfield. It's not light!

#813 6 years ago
Quoted from DavisJones:

1.The left ramp, which is the above the left gofers head, in two player will not go up when the lock is lit at all times.
3. The right spinner to the right cart path is hung up on the clear acrylic that protects the play field from the ball coming down after an attempt at a hole in one.
4. A lot of times when I shoot the ball in the lock, of either ramp, it shoots right back out.

1 and 5 are basically the same issues, you have to adjust your gofer mechs so that they rise and lock cleanly.
2: check the solder joints on the switch, try bending the switch to be more prominent in the playfield, and worst case scenario replace the switch.
3: the spinner should easily clear the PF. most likely the spinner bracket is warped, or you have the wrong bracket or spinner type.
4: THOSE NO GOOD GOFERS! That's just the ball rattling around and you not making your shot. The game does not have a mech to shoot the ball back directly from underneath the ramp locks.

#814 6 years ago
Quoted from DavisJones:

1) only in two player mode? thats kind of strange
2) bend the wireform, run a ball through if its still messed up get a new switch. you can get them from digikey for cheap
3)something isn't put on correctly, or something is broken (hard to say without seeing it)
4)can't remember if it's a micro switch or an opto down there either way one of them isn't seeing the ball. (the connection to the switch might be broken off, the opto might be dirty or the micro switch might just be broken all together.)
5)I had the same thing happen to mine I think the catch was messed up but it's been a while, can you manually lift ramp to let it catch?
look at getting these
http://www.passionforpinball.com/ngg_catch.htm

you probably need to go through the switch test to test the ones in question. as for all the stuff in the gofer area I would recommend taking alot of pics, take it apart and clean it all thoroughly. it gets pretty nasty in there after a while.

#815 6 years ago

Almost in the club In 4 hrs my workday is done and I get to haul this in my barcade. More pics to follow soon!

20170529_104046 (resized).jpg20170529_104046 (resized).jpg

#816 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

1) only in two player mode? thats kind of strange
2) bend the wireform, run a ball through if its still messed up get a new switch. you can get them from digikey for cheap
3)something isn't put on correctly, or something is broken (hard to say without seeing it)
4)can't remember if it's a micro switch or an opto down there either way one of them isn't seeing the ball. (the connection to the switch might be broken off, the opto might be dirty or the micro switch might just be broken all together.)
5)I had the same thing happen to mine I think the catch was messed up but it's been a while, can you manually lift ramp to let it catch?
look at getting these
http://www.passionforpinball.com/ngg_catch.htm
you probably need to go through the switch test to test the ones in question. as for all the stuff in the gofer area I would recommend taking alot of pics, take it apart and clean it all thoroughly. it gets pretty nasty in there after a while.

In 2-4 player mode you can lose a lock. It's a software bug and we discuss it in league nights and tourneys all the time: Player 1 raises the gofer, hits the gofer and lights LOCK. The ramp is open with the lock lit and P1 drains. Player 2 starts and the ramp release resets the ramp to the down position. They drain immediately. Now, P1 is up and LOCK is lit, AND the ramp is down. There is no way to lock the ball with the ramp down. It's not a game-breaking bug because you can get the lock to open up by getting the gofer to raise up and lift it into place. Hit the sand trap or start a mode and hope your gofer pops the ramp up while talking. The bug is in the game's lamp/DMD display which shows and tells you to shoot the ramp to lock, but that obviously doesn't work with the ramp down. I wish someone would fix the code to have it pop up both gofers between balls, or reset RAISE GOFER if players failed a lock.

#817 6 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

In 2-4 player mode you can lose a lock. It's a software bug and we discuss it in league nights and tourneys all the time: Player 1 raises the gofer, hits the gofer and lights LOCK. The ramp is open with the lock lit and P1 drains. Player 2 starts and the ramp release resets the ramp to the down position. They drain immediately. Now, P1 is up and LOCK is lit, AND the ramp is down. There is no way to lock the ball with the ramp down. It's not a game-breaking bug because you can get the lock to open up by getting the gofer to raise up and lift it into place. Hit the sand trap or start a mode and hope your gofer pops the ramp up while talking. The bug is in the game's lamp/DMD display which shows and tells you to shoot the ramp to lock, but that obviously doesn't work with the ramp down. I wish someone would fix the code to have it pop up both gofers between balls, or reset RAISE GOFER if players failed a lock.

huh, guess I've never noticed. I play two player every now and again. When I first got the game, something was wrong with the right ramp. it never wanted to stay up, it never really bothered me though because the game would still lock the ball when shooting over the ramp. I might be wrong, but I'm almost 100% that's the way it played. I can take a vid to show you.

#818 6 years ago

This could be a software glitch but I did find an issue with the golfer mech being loose.

I have ordered a new switch. I tried everything else and no luck.

I have seen pitcures on pinside to indicate that not everyone has the plastic protector installed. I will be removing it as well.

This was caused by the gofers head plate not being level with the play field. On the left golfer and right golfer their are screws to level the gofers. Adjusted and now no issues.

The left ramp coil bracket(04-10974.1) was missing a piece and the coil assy(sm1-28-900-D.C.) was burned out. Also. The residual plate(01-6376) was no where to be found. I did find the spring but will be using a brand new one.

Thanks all for the responses!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#819 6 years ago

ok, here is the video. Hopefully we are talking about the same thing.

#820 6 years ago
Quoted from DavisJones:

This could be a software glitch but I did find an issue with the golfer mech being loose.
I have ordered a new switch. I tried everything else and no luck.
I have seen pitcures on pinside to indicate that not everyone has the plastic protector installed. I will be removing it as well.
This was caused by the gofers head plate not being level with the play field. On the left golfer and right golfer their are screws to level the gofers. Adjusted and now no issues.
The left ramp coil bracket(04-10974.1) was missing a piece and the coil assy(sm1-28-900-D.C.) was burned out. Also. The residual plate(01-6376) was no where to be found. I did find the spring but will be using a brand new one.
Thanks all for the responses!

one thing I've been doing with all my 90's Williams games is in the orbits, since this seems to be a problem with all of them. I replace the V Shaped like wire forms for the more recent half circle wire forms. I only do this with the orbits. The half circle ones work great.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5126-00

#821 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

ok, here is the video. Hopefully we are talking about the same thing.
» YouTube video

Yeah your closed ramp locked the right gofer ball there for sure. Have you tried this with the left gofer lock?

#822 6 years ago

Quoted from DANGERTERROR:Yeah your closed ramp locked the right gofer ball there for sure. Have you tried this with the left gofer lock?

nope, honestly never thought to try it. I'll give it a go tomorrow though. you think it's something wrong with the game itself? I've only played one other, but only played one player on it. so I honestly have no idea if this is normal behavior or not, just always assumed it was.

#823 6 years ago

That happens on my left gofer every once and a while, and only during 2 player games. Left lock is lit but the ramp is closed. No matter how many times you hit that ramp, it will not count as a lock. My right ramp will count as a lock when lit with a closed ramp shot, just like your video shows. It seems like this would be a simple fix with a small code tweak.

1 week later
#824 6 years ago

No credit dot. Thanks for the help everyone!!

IMG_3755 (resized).JPGIMG_3755 (resized).JPG

#825 6 years ago
Quoted from DavisJones:

No credit dot. Thanks for the help everyone!!

Isn't that the best feeling? I had some problems with my NGG and was starting to think it was going to be the largest, heaviest paperweight ever. Getting it back up and running was a huge relief!

Now back to trying to figure out how to get on the leaderboard!

#826 6 years ago

Just joined the club with a HUO NGG. The ramp wasn't adjusted properly so some slam ramp wear I'll have to touch-up and mylar over. Other than that it's a beauty. Still had the original batteries that luckily didn't leak...

Attach4291_20170610_185018 (resized).jpgAttach4291_20170610_185018 (resized).jpg

Attach4289_20170610_184956 (resized).jpgAttach4289_20170610_184956 (resized).jpg

Attach4282_20170610_184905 (resized).jpgAttach4282_20170610_184905 (resized).jpg

Attach4300_20170610_185825 (resized).jpgAttach4300_20170610_185825 (resized).jpg

Attach4302_20170610_190045 (resized).jpgAttach4302_20170610_190045 (resized).jpg

#827 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Just joined the club with a HUO NGG. The ramp wasn't adjusted properly so some slam ramp wear I'll have to touch-up and mylar over. Other than that it's a beauty. Still had the original batteries that luckily didn't leak...

That right rubber on the slam ramp needs to be kept in check.Hits to it will slowly bend it downward.

2 weeks later
#828 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
No Good Gofers Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “100% working including DMD. Just finished shopping: playfield stripped and waxed, all parts cleaned and polished. New pop bumper skirts and bodies. Ball stuck mod installed. Mi...”
2017-07-07
Jarrettsville, MD
3,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 29 days
Viewed: 615 times

#829 6 years ago

Was installing some foam on the bottom of the slam ramp tonight and took snapped some pictures of my machine. Picked this up from a person who said they unboxed it brand new, and from the condition, I believe them. This is probably the nicest condition game in my collection. Look at that shooter lane - it makes me scared just to play it!

DSC_0165 (resized).JPGDSC_0165 (resized).JPG

DSC_0166 (resized).JPGDSC_0166 (resized).JPG

DSC_0167 (resized).JPGDSC_0167 (resized).JPG

DSC_0168 (resized).JPGDSC_0168 (resized).JPG

DSC_0169 (resized).JPGDSC_0169 (resized).JPG

DSC_0170 (resized).JPGDSC_0170 (resized).JPG

DSC_0171 (resized).JPGDSC_0171 (resized).JPG

DSC_0172 (resized).JPGDSC_0172 (resized).JPG

DSC_0173 (resized).JPGDSC_0173 (resized).JPG

DSC_0175 (resized).JPGDSC_0175 (resized).JPG

DSC_0174 (resized).JPGDSC_0174 (resized).JPG

DSC_0176 (resized).JPGDSC_0176 (resized).JPG

DSC_0177 (resized).JPGDSC_0177 (resized).JPG

DSC_0178 (resized).JPGDSC_0178 (resized).JPG

DSC_0179 (resized).JPGDSC_0179 (resized).JPG

#830 6 years ago

sell it to me....I don't get around to playing my games : )

3 weeks later
#831 6 years ago

I think I need to do a factory reset but am checking for secondary issues/fixes

The game is sometimes kicking out a 2nd ball into the pops for no reason I can tell....creating an impromptu 2 ball multiball

On the other hand, I no longer get the restart multiball insert lit every time after a 3 ball multiball

Please advise,

Thanks! BobC

#832 6 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I think I need to do a factory reset but am checking for secondary issues/fixes
The game is sometimes kicking out a 2nd ball into the pops for no reason I can tell....creating an impromptu 2 ball multiball
On the other hand, I no longer get the restart multiball insert lit every time after a 3 ball multiball
Please advise,
Thanks! BobC

Check the switches in the subway and see if any are flaky. Sounds like the game is getting confused, kicking a ball from the lock down the the pops, which then kicks it into the pops.

#833 6 years ago

Hello everyone, we bought a Gofers this week that was advertised as above average, but is a project for sure. Can anyone post a picture of the under playfield, specifically by the switches to release the gophers? The rod on ours that is meant to push the switches down doesn't come close and I'm assuming we may be missing a part. Thanks in advance!

#834 6 years ago
Quoted from DatNoobAdam:

Hello everyone, we bought a Gofers this week that was advertised as above average, but is a project for sure. Can anyone post a picture of the under playfield, specifically by the switches to release the gophers? The rod on ours that is meant to push the switches down doesn't come close and I'm assuming we may be missing a part. Thanks in advance!

Can you post a picture of yours and circle what you think is the problem?

#835 6 years ago

Hi fellow gofer bashers,

Our Ngg plays fantastic after our total rebuild but the backbox decals look terrible.
Anybody got a set lying around they not use/need? Im happy to buy it from you.
Rather not buy a complete decalset as front and sides of the cabinet look great. Or does anyone know a shop that sells just the backbox ones?

Cheers,
Seb

2 weeks later
#836 6 years ago

I'm starting to shop out the game a got a few months ago...any suggestions, tips?

Robert

#837 6 years ago

Anyone have a part number for the flap on the left (jackpot) ramp? Mines a little bent upwards and seems to be slowing the shot from the plunger.

#838 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshinDC:

Anyone have a part number for the flap on the left (jackpot) ramp? Mines a little bent upwards and seems to be slowing the shot from the plunger.

I believe it's: 01-14745.1

But I've never seen one for sale. I suggest you measure the one you have and go to Marco and see if you can find something workable.

You may need to modify one from Marco or buy some flap material and make your own.

Robert

#839 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I believe it's: 01-14745.1
But I've never seen one for sale. I suggest you measure the one you have and go to Marco and see if you can find something workable.
You may need to modify one from Marco or buy some flap material and make your own.
Robert

Thanks; I believe you are correct. Anyone have luck with a different flap? Where do people get the thin spring steel to make one?

#840 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshinDC:

Where do people get the thin spring steel to make one?

Marco, Pinbits and probably Amazon.

Robert

#841 6 years ago

Decided to make a few instruction cards, for those who would like some.

NGG Free Play.pngNGG Free Play.png

NGG Instructions.pngNGG Instructions.png

#842 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Decided to make a few instruction cards, for those who would like some.

Yes they look good.

#843 6 years ago

Few pictures of the cards installed.

NGG Cards Installed 2.jpgNGG Cards Installed 2.jpg

NGG Cards Installed.jpgNGG Cards Installed.jpg

#844 6 years ago

I'm selling an extremely nice no good Gofers if you're looking for a top quality version this is it. new cabinet decals, color DMD, laser riffic topper, clear-coated Playfield, NO Slam ramp damage, full LED set plus a few other things. Asking 5200. Trades possibly considered Iron Man is pretty high on the list. Could possibly hold on for Expo with a deposit.

20170907_183355 (resized).jpg20170907_183355 (resized).jpg

20170907_183250 (resized).jpg20170907_183250 (resized).jpg

20170907_183250 (resized).jpg20170907_183250 (resized).jpg

20170907_183440 (resized).jpg20170907_183440 (resized).jpg

#845 6 years ago

My no-good Gofers occasionally Auto launches the first ball as soon as I start a game anyone else have this happen and know what a possible solution is?

Is this possibly a trough opto issue?

Robert

#846 6 years ago

Yeah your closed ramp locked the right gofer ball there for sure. Have you tried this with the left gofer lock?

I forgot to get back to this, your right the left side stays down. It's a pain to get it back up, you have to shoot the left ramp x amount of times. to bad they never fixed this bug.

#847 6 years ago

Any recommendations for ways to protect the playfield from the slam ramp? I was thinking some felt or something similar for under the ramp and it's metal bracketing. Suggestions or tips?

#848 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Any recommendations for ways to protect the playfield from the slam ramp? I was thinking some felt or something similar for under the ramp and it's metal bracketing. Suggestions or tips?

top-notchtargetsheilds Has what you need.
ebay.com link: NO GOOD GOFERS PINBALL 2 Pc SLAM RAMP PROTECTOR Cushioned Decal Set

#849 6 years ago

Thanks for the link. How durable are these? Do they last for a while?

#850 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Thanks for the link. How durable are these? Do they last for a while?

Works great so far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (OBO)
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/17?hl=robl45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.