(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 43.
#701 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Any idea what might have happened as have a new fault.
The 3 flashers at top of p/f on both sides aren't coming on during multi-ball. Just happened out of the blue and no idea why?
Thanks

There's a fuse for those. I'm out of town right now and it's going to be Monday before I get back. If you haven't figured it out by then, drop me a PM and I'll tell you which one it is. I just can't remember it off the top of my head, but I've had the same thing happen.

#702 7 years ago

Any idea what might have happened as have a new fault.
The 3 flashers at top of p/f on both sides aren't coming on during multi-ball. Just happened out of the blue and no idea why?
Thanks

Is it just those 6 flashers up top or all flashers in the game? check fuse F107.

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 4.30.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-08 at 4.30.00 PM (resized).png

#703 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

If you could take a picture that would be awesome. Thanks!

Will do. We are supposed to get a blizzard tomorrow so should be home and able to take some photos for you.

#704 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Is it just those 6 flashers up top or all flashers in the game? check fuse F107.

Thanks guys.

F107 had blown so replaced it now.

Hopefully it won't blow again.

#705 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

If you could take a picture that would be awesome. Thanks!

Here you go...

IMG_2201 (resized).JPGIMG_2201 (resized).JPG

IMG_2202 (resized).JPGIMG_2202 (resized).JPG

IMG_2203 (resized).JPGIMG_2203 (resized).JPG

IMG_2204 (resized).JPGIMG_2204 (resized).JPG

#706 7 years ago

Thanks Nicknack. My float ramp guard doesn't look like yours. This is what I have. Ideally, you shouldn't have to drill a hole into the float ramp to install this right?

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 12.21.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-09 at 12.21.30 PM (resized).png

#707 7 years ago

That's the correct part Jakers. Just make sure the lip sits on TOP of the slam ramp, not below it. The previous owner of mine made that mistake and the tab hammered a perfect rectangular slot into the playfield!

#708 7 years ago

You shouldn't have to drill anything. I believe that the hole in your ramp guard mounts on top of this post under the screw.

Quoted from Jakers:

Thanks Nicknack. My float ramp guard doesn't look like yours. This is what I have. Ideally, you shouldn't have to drill a hole into the float ramp to install this right?

goferramp (resized).pnggoferramp (resized).png

#709 7 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

You shouldn't have to drill anything. I believe that the hole in your ramp guard mounts on top of this post under the screw.

Looks like whoever owned the machine before me created their own slam ramp guard! It works, but now seeing the official part, I agree it would have been better to not have to drill anything. I also checked the Williams ball hang up kit instructions (the link I previously sent) and it matches up with what latenite04 said/marked on the photo.

#710 7 years ago

Hello everyone, just joined the club last week. Hoping someone can look at the pic of the back glass lighting and tell me if the splices are normal. Also what bulbs are supposed to go in the black holders?

tmp_5443-20170211_141957-1275066638.jpgtmp_5443-20170211_141957-1275066638.jpg

tmp_5443-20170211_141942598849150.jpgtmp_5443-20170211_141942598849150.jpg

#711 7 years ago

Those splices do not look normal or factory to me, it looks like the connector may have gotten ripped out or shortened at one point in the game's lifetime. When I remove my backglass, my wire harness is so long I can pull it the whole way down to the lockdown bar. It gets hung up a lot on the speaker panel during removal, so that may have contributed to yours getting torn or shortened.

I can go grab a pic of mine if you want.

In other news, I finally cracked the top 10 on No Good Gofers high scores here. Hopefully I can hit #1 before I get passed by someone else. Challengers welcome, tips for higher scores welcome, best pitch for more holes in one advice and other strategies are also welcomed. Game on!

#712 7 years ago

Pics included for reference -

IMG_5285 (resized).JPGIMG_5285 (resized).JPG
IMG_5282 (resized).JPGIMG_5282 (resized).JPG

2017-02-09-SGC-gofers-high-score (resized).jpg2017-02-09-SGC-gofers-high-score (resized).jpg

#713 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Pics included for reference -

How the heck do you get 179,000,000 on this game!

I haven't even got the GC score of 60 million yet.....

#714 7 years ago

Thank you sevenrites!! I'm sure I'll be asking for more help as I dig in and ship the machine.

#715 7 years ago

How the heck do you get 179,000,000 on this game!

Great question! It's been bugging me that I've owned it for almost 2 years and hadn't cracked the top 10 high scores on it here. I was holding at 104,000,000+ for over a year. So I've been adjusting it over and over - the pitch, the level, and the upper play field trying to increase hole in one accuracy + frequency.

My tilt is on the loose end but still on. The only thing I did this week was I finally changed the special to award an extra ball. But ironically enough, I had scored over 117,000,000 on ball 1 the other day, receiving the EB for completing the 4th hole and I think the 2nd hole awarded me the outlane extra ball on the left. So technically the special extra ball award didn't really help me much but it did get me at least 1 more maybe 2 extra balls. I completed 18 holes, then another 15. Course completion bonus was 20,000,000 I believe, or maybe 10,000,000 - I can't remember. I literally played 50 games in the last week trying to beat my 104,000,000 score and it finally happened.

But I'll be back for more. I want 2 course completions and want to crack 200,000,000 now.

For any high scores I go for, that's how it usually works - I set a goal and "Gofer it". Once I hit that goal (beat my old high score) now the goal is a 2nd course completion and 200,000,000 so that's what I'll be working on all week / month / year till I get there. You'll notice I have quite a few amazing scores for games on here. My most recent amazing one was over 400,000,000 on SWEP1 with extremely tight tilt and all factory settings, and it was witnessed by 2 other people. Once I get in that zone, and I mean really in the zone, sometimes I even surprise myself with how dialed in my shots can be.

P.S. - also make sure all switches are working and registering - I had one in the outer orbit not working for months, never realized it, but it was responsible for increasing bonus X as 2 switches need hit in the orbit for that, not one. So that high score included my highest bonus ever which was around 15,000,000 on one ball alone - the switch had just been fixed about 2 weeks ago so I suspect that also contributed greatly.

#716 7 years ago

I don't think I've ever gotten past the 13th hole.

#717 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I don't think I've ever gotten past the 13th hole.

I think it is 13th or 14th for me!

More incentive to complete 18 as didn't know there was a big bonus for doing so.

#719 7 years ago

A separate bonus for completing 18 holes would be news to me!

#720 7 years ago

Yes, it's true, there is a bonus for "course completion" of 18 holes. Plus you get to do Hole in One Challenge again.

#721 7 years ago

Can anyone please point out the two screws you adjust on the putting green kickout so it doesn't rocket the first ball on a MB between the flippers?

I had to pull out that trough to look for a lost ball. I invited a friend over because neither of us could find this lost ball. I pulled out all of the troughs where a ball could possibly be stuck. No joy. I started thinking wasn't a NGG...no, I bought a TZ. Six balls was now five. My friend thought I was playing w/ him and I showed him in the manual how it was a six ball game. We gave up looking and shaking the machine and I started talking about how I was going to install some rubber bumpers behind the Caddyshack ornament I put on the playfield and....low and behold...I was staring right at the missing ball wedged into the canopy of the Caddyshack ornament in the passenger seat next to the gopher.

We played for about an hour...he left...and I played for another 1/2 hour and during a MB this happened...what are the odds?

Anyways, in searching for that missing ball, I pulled all the troughs and now the first ball of my MB is shot right down between the flippers. How do I adjust that?

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

#722 7 years ago

Its been like 14 years, but I believe there are no screws to adjust it. The metal at the back of the putting green determines it if I remember correctly and I believe i bent it slightly with pliers.

Quoted from evh347:

Can anyone please point out the two screws you adjust on the putting green kickout so it doesn't rocket the first ball on a MB between the flippers?
I had to pull out that trough to look for a lost ball. I invited a friend over because neither of us could find this lost ball. I pulled out all of the troughs where a ball could possibly be stuck. No joy. I started thinking wasn't a NGG...no, I bought a TZ. Six balls was now five. My friend thought I was playing w/ him and I showed him in the manual how it was a six ball game. We gave up looking and shaking the machine and I started talking about how I was going to install some rubber bumpers behind the Caddyshack ornament I put on the playfield and....low and behold...I was staring right at the missing ball wedged into the canopy of the Caddyshack ornament in the passenger seat next to the gopher.
We played for about an hour...he left...and I played for another 1/2 hour and during a MB this happened...what are the odds?
Anyways, in searching for that missing ball, I pulled all the troughs and now the first ball of my MB is shot right down between the flippers. How do I adjust that?

#723 7 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

See page 2 of this document - http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/4338/NGG_A_22599.pdf
When I got my NGG it did the same thing (shot right down between the flippers), but I was able to adjust and it has been fine ever since.

#724 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

See page 2 of this document - http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/4338/NGG_A_22599.pdf
When I got my NGG it did the same thing (shot right down between the flippers), but I was able to adjust and it has been fine ever since.

Yeah, I had that document but thanks. For anyone else wondering, these are the screws you have to loosen, re-aim the putt out kickout coil, and then retighten:

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

#725 7 years ago

Well I finally got around to figuring out my float ramp guard problem. The float ramp I bought from Marco is slightly different than the factory float ramp. The area is too skinny for the ramp guard to fit...which is strange because I bought the float ramp and the guard from Marco and they don't fit together. I had to modify the ramp guard with my dremmel to make it fit. Just thought I'd let you guys know if you ever encounter this problem.

IMG_1391 (resized).JPGIMG_1391 (resized).JPG

IMG_1390 (resized).jpgIMG_1390 (resized).jpg

IMG_1389 (resized).jpgIMG_1389 (resized).jpg

IMG_1386 (resized).jpgIMG_1386 (resized).jpg

#726 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Well I finally got around to figuring out my float ramp guard problem. The float ramp I bought from Marco is slightly different than the factory float ramp. The area is too skinny for the ramp guard to fit...which is strange because I bought the float ramp and the guard from Marco and they don't fit together. I had to modify the ramp guard with my dremmel to make it fit. Just thought I'd let you guys know if you ever encounter this problem.

Good problem solving! Glad you were able to install the guard.

#727 7 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

That guy sounds like moron. Wait, you're talking about me Make sure to keep taking care of my pinball machine

#728 7 years ago

Hi Guys...

Sold my NGG a long time ago but held on to some of the parts in anticipation of getting another one. Well.. Probably not gonna happen so I figured I'd throw them up on eBay... NOS populated left and right ramps along with NOS bare right ramp. I have no idea what this stuff is worth now a days so I started the auction at the same price I paid for these parts way back in the day.

Thanks!

ebay.com link: itm

#729 7 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Hello everyone, just joined the club last week. Hoping someone can look at the pic of the back glass lighting and tell me if the splices are normal. Also what bulbs are supposed to go in the black holders?

Hi! Those black bulb holders are for #545 blinking bulbs. Get them while you can... soon to be sold out. Pinballife (US) and pinballshop.nl (EU) still have them.

-peter

#730 7 years ago

Comet has LED 545s

#731 7 years ago

As I play the game more I wish the bonus multipliers were tied into the jackpots and super jackpots but never going to happen. Actually there are many scoring changes I would make.

Maybe one day the guy who was going to re-do the code will do it.

#732 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Comet has LED 545s

Do you Have a link?

#735 7 years ago

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smdblink.htm

Hmmm....blinker with 555 base, is that the same as a 545?

Or does a 545 have the larger 906 base?

#736 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smdblink.htm
Hmmm....blinker with 555 base, is that the same as a 545?
Or does a 545 have the larger 906 base?

You can fit any wedge head bulb/led (#545, #555, #906 [flasher]...) to same base (lamp holder). Just do not put smaller voltage lamps to higher voltage flasher lamp holders...

#737 7 years ago

Any of you guys install the art blades on your gofers ?? Would love to see how they look

#738 7 years ago

I'm thinking about it, i've got mine torn down right now to install a playfield protector, so i'm doing the backboard decal and the art blades would match it. However my cabinet is very tight on the playfield, so I'm worried about them holding up/getting scratched.

#739 7 years ago

Mirror blades on mine.

#740 7 years ago

I had a quick question I recently installed a new slam ramp, the one from mantis and their ball guard. I had to shave it down a bit to fit better. I also had to add a little bit of jb weld to the coil stop so it would stop buzzing every time the slam ramp went down.

Every once in a while the slam ramp doesn't fully come up. I put grease on it and it seems to help to a degree, but the problem still occurs. the only other thing I could thing of is to replace that white thing the slam ramp armature goes through.

I'm still new to this game but some screwy things tend to happen, like in multi-ball on occasion you can shoot the middle ramp and jackpot goes off, doesn't happen often. should I be concerned or is this gofers? Think I've read that there were many bugs in the game that were never dealt with.

#741 7 years ago

Not sure about your slam ramp but you should not get a jackpot hitting the middle ramp, however sometimes if an autolaunched ball goes up the left ramp it will trigger the jackpot even though it shouldn't. Does that switch register correctly as the middle ramp?

#743 7 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Every once in a while the slam ramp doesn't fully come up.

Replace the spring.

#744 7 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I had a quick question I recently installed a new slam ramp, the one from mantis and their ball guard. I had to shave it down a bit to fit better. I also had to add a little bit of jb weld to the coil stop so it would stop buzzing every time the slam ramp went down.
Every once in a while the slam ramp doesn't fully come up. I put grease on it and it seems to help to a degree, but the problem still occurs. the only other thing I could thing of is to replace that white thing the slam ramp armature goes through.
I'm still new to this game but some screwy things tend to happen, like in multi-ball on occasion you can shoot the middle ramp and jackpot goes off, doesn't happen often. should I be concerned or is this gofers? Think I've read that there were many bugs in the game that were never dealt with.

I get the screwy things happening too occasionally, I think its just the game.

#745 7 years ago
Quoted from prajama:

You can fit any wedge head bulb/led (#545, #555, #906 [flasher]...) to same base (lamp holder). Just do not put smaller voltage lamps to higher voltage flasher lamp holders...

Perhaps it "fits'' but 906 is larger

#746 7 years ago

yeah guess those springs can wear with time. metal fatigue.

#747 7 years ago

My ramp used to not go all the way up, and sometimes the ball would tap it when going under. Replacing the spring fixed it 100%, 5 min fix.

#748 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Any of you guys install the art blades on your gofers ?? Would love to see how they look

Here's mine with side blades and backboard decal. I love the look. I have an extra set of side blades. PM me if you're interested.

IMG_1460 (resized).JPGIMG_1460 (resized).JPG

IMG_1461 (resized).JPGIMG_1461 (resized).JPG

IMG_1462 (resized).JPGIMG_1462 (resized).JPG

#749 7 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Mine gives the occasional 'bonus' jackpot as well. I believe the center ramp and the center lane of the driving range have the same sensor.
The game has many bugs. I wrote a rule sheet for the game recently and found a lot of strange stuff when I was experimenting with the glass off.

#750 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Here's mine with side blades and backboard decal. I love the look. I have an extra set of side blades. PM me if you're interested.

Love the look of the side blades and backboard decal - I have side blades en route to me now. Where did you get the backboard decal - Pinball Decals or somewhere else?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,800 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.