(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 43.
#651 7 years ago

Ah, thanks Jakers. Now I understand! (and looking at the manual and switch location diagram I see what you are talking about - switch item numbers 71 and 72). Will try what you suggested to get things working correctly.

#652 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Ah, thanks Jakers. Now I understand! (and looking at the manual and switch location diagram I see what you are talking about - switch item numbers 71 and 72). Will try what you suggested to get things working correctly.

You're welcome. Good luck!

#653 7 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and go into flipper test mode and let me know how your flippers act when you test the "hold" on each one?

During the hold test, my lower flippers only make a faint sound but do not fire. My upper flipper fires and holds for about a second. Is this normal? I would think that the lower flippers should hold during the test like the upper flipper does.

Thanks.

#654 7 years ago

The game I just bought is stuck in SoCal...shipping via UShip and the guy I chose is not very prompt.

Latest estimate is maybe Monday.

Robert

#655 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

You're welcome. Good luck!

All fixed! Figured out it was the right switch. Removed it from the bottom, adjusted the metal bar, re-installed, and now the orbits work in both directions. Makes obtaining the bonus multiplier much easier!

#656 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

All fixed! Figured out it was the right switch. Removed it from the bottom, adjusted the metal bar, re-installed, and now the orbits work in both directions. Makes obtaining the bonus multiplier much easier!

Nice! Glad to hear it's working for you now.

#657 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Nice! Glad to hear it's working for you now.

#658 7 years ago

I have a wheel value question. On your games, does the wheel award always line up with the wheel value insert? On my game, when I run the test it always lines up perfectly, but when I am actually playing the game, it is often off a little, typically closer to the line of the award then in the center (hopefully that makes sense). Not sure why it works perfectly in test mode but not during game play. Is that how your games operate, and if not, any suggestions on how to fix/adjust? Thanks.

#659 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I have a wheel value question. On your games, does the wheel award always line up with the wheel value insert? On my game, when I run the test it always lines up perfectly, but when I am actually playing the game, it is often off a little, typically closer to the line of the award then in the center (hopefully that makes sense). Not sure why it works perfectly in test mode but not during game play. Is that how your games operate, and if not, any suggestions on how to fix/adjust? Thanks.

My wheel acts the same way.

#660 7 years ago

Does anyone know the part number for this switch? It's the switch on the left ramp that sits below the 3 flashers. I'm assuming it's the "left ramp make" switch. When I check the manual, it's listed as part# 20-10293 but that corresponds to the wrong part when I try to purchase one.

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 10.37.40 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-01-16 at 10.37.40 AM (resized).png

#661 7 years ago

Quoted from Jakers:Does anyone know the part number for this switch? It's the switch on the left ramp that sits below the 3 flashers. I'm assuming it's the "left ramp make" switch. When I check the manual, it's listed as part# 20-10293 but that corresponds to the wrong part when I try to purchase one.

Unless someone beats me to it, I'll check my game about that switch later this week/weekend when I am back home (on the road now), although I wonder if that switch is part of the left ramp assembly part # (meaning it comes with the ramp and can't be ordered separately, which would stink!)

#662 7 years ago

I'm now official...

Robert

IMG_20170117_172947345 (resized).jpgIMG_20170117_172947345 (resized).jpg

#663 7 years ago

Color DMD is nice, you are missing the flag and captive ball though.

#664 7 years ago

I can't seem to get the spot lights to work, any suggestions? Are they part of the GI?

Robert

#665 7 years ago

Newton ball fell of during shipping...back on now.

Color DMD is out of my X-Men LE I just sold. Kept the DMD and put it in NGG.

Robert

#666 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

Color DMD is nice, you are missing the flag and captive ball though.

Also have the incorrect yellow rubber/post sleeve on the post next to the right orbit, but of course this has to be the most common incorrect rubber ever.

#667 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Also have the incorrect yellow rubber/post sleeve on the post next to the right orbit, but of course this has to be the most common incorrect rubber ever.

Yes, and the game is really dirty. A lot of posts/rubbers that are the least bit hard to get, looks like they haven't been changed in a long time.

Everything works now, except for the right gopher down solenoid. I believe the solenoid is getting power, the gopher just doesn't drop.

Any hints as to how to best refurb that mech? It appears that I might have to remove the entire assembly. I'd rather not if I don't have to.

Robert

#668 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Yes, and the game is really dirty. A lot of posts/rubbers that are the least bit hard to get, looks like they haven't been changed in a long time.
Everything works now, except for the right gopher down solenoid. I believe the solenoid is getting power, the gopher just doesn't drop.
Any hints as to how to best refurb that mech? It appears that I might have to remove the entire assembly. I'd rather not if I don't have to.
Robert

If the coil is getting power, my first guess would be that the release assembly is broken or not connected somehow. (Circled in green)

The whole gofer mech is simple to take out. All you do is unplug a couple wires and the entire thing is held onto the play field by a few screws.

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 1.45.17 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-01-18 at 1.45.17 PM (resized).png

#669 7 years ago

I had that same part go bad on mine. If I can fix it, anyone can fix it. haha.

#670 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Yes, and the game is really dirty.

Looks pretty nice in the pictures! Just play it in the dark and you won't notice!

#671 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Changing these really isn't that bad. My posts up there were really dirty and I had the wrong piece by the right orbit too, but I ordered the tapered rubber post sleeve (from Titan although I think Pinball Life sells it as well) and changed out all the rubber pieces up there. Yes, changing the tapered piece took a little dexterity since I didn't want to remove too much over there and it's a tight space, but that was the worst of it - everything else was really easy. Good luck!

#672 7 years ago

Well, I took the whole assembly apart and cleaned it and put in new sleeves. But the right gopher still doesn't retract, unless I hit him.

I know the coil is getting power as I switched the right harness to the left gopher and it operated correctly. Also, the gopher giggles a few times as if it's getting ready to drop, but doesn't.

Kink of stumped. The right mech moves much easier than the left, but just won't drop.

I suppose it could be the coil, but that seems unlikely.

Robert

#673 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Well, I took the whole assembly apart and cleaned it and put in new sleeves. But the right gopher still doesn't retract, unless I hit him.
I know the coil is getting power as I switched the right harness to the left gopher and it operated correctly. Also, the gopher giggles a few times as if it's getting ready to drop, but doesn't.
Kink of stumped. The right mech moves much easier than the left, but just won't drop.
I suppose it could be the coil, but that seems unlikely.
Robert

Do you have the brass washer (part 21, 4700-00013-00) shown in the assembly drawing? It is necessary for the coil to actually fire. You may have it on the left gopher and not the right. Marco sells it if you are missing it, other sites might too:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch;jsessionid=460AE97FB94A48F209B3A3E26030FC50.jvm1?SEARCH_STRING=4700-00013-00

#674 7 years ago

Check this piece isn't broken. It's supposed to hook around that pin. That's what was causing mine not to go back down...

gopherrod (resized).jpggopherrod (resized).jpg

#675 7 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Do you have the brass washer (part 21, 4700-00013-00) shown in the assembly drawing?

I'll check, thanks.

Robert

#676 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Check this piece isn't broken. It's supposed to hook around that pin. That's what was causing mine not to go back down...

As far as I can tell, that part is ok.

The gopher drops if I manually actuate the armature of the drop coil, so I believe that everything is good mechanically. It may just take a little more energy than the coil can provide.

So, not sure if it's the coil output or a binding drop mech.

It's probably something simple, I just haven't found it yet.

Robert

#677 7 years ago

I would swap the retracting coils. If the problem then moves to the left gofer then you know for sure the coil is the problem.

#678 7 years ago

Not sure if I'm just paranoid or not, but is this coil buzz coming from my slam ramp normal? I thought it was kind of loud so I replaced it with a new one and it is still just as loud. I disabled the wheel motor in this clip so you can hear only the slam ramp.

#679 7 years ago

It's running well enough to let an 8 year old to give it a try!

Robert

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#680 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Not sure if I'm just paranoid or not, but is this coil buzz coming from my slam ramp normal? I thought it was kind of loud so I replaced it with a new one and it is still just as loud. I disabled the wheel motor in this clip so you can hear only the slam ramp.
» YouTube video

My game does the same thing (sometimes). Not sure why only sometimes. Check out this topic as well (and I have felt under my slam ramp so that could be part of the issue) - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-good-gofers-floating-ramp-hum

#681 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

My game does the same thing (sometimes). Not sure why only sometimes. Check out this topic as well (and I have felt under my slam ramp so that could be part of the issue) - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-good-gofers-floating-ramp-hum

Nice call! That was it. When I recently shopped out my Gofers, I added a little thicker felt to the slam ramp. I removed it and the buzz went away. Thanks nicknack!

2 weeks later
#682 7 years ago

Hey all, I got my refurbed NGG just a couple weeks ago. It's still within the 30 day warranty, but I want to see if this is something I can resolve on my own. This is my first pin and if the last two weeks have taught me anything its that problems are usually about something simple failing.

I'm having an issue w/ Buzz that seems to be similar to the stuck gofer issues logged in this thread. I've attached a link and some pics as to what is going on. The gofers test okay in the test menu. Buzz seems to only get stuck when he starts taunting on game start, but not all of the time. He almost always gets stuck after the pin comes up from a powered down state.

When he gets stuck, the switch/solenoid keeps firing to lower him, but it stays stuck.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10062582/NGGStuckGofer.mov

If I push downward on Buzz from the upper playfield, he won't move.

When I lift up the playfield, I can see the shaft is stuck 1/2 down, so I reach in and pull it down and that seems to reset everything. After that, Buzz is working again.

What should I start looking at?

IMG_4834 (resized).JPGIMG_4834 (resized).JPG

IMG_4833 (resized).JPGIMG_4833 (resized).JPG

IMG_4832 (resized).JPGIMG_4832 (resized).JPG

IMG_4831 (resized).JPGIMG_4831 (resized).JPG

IMG_4830 (resized).JPGIMG_4830 (resized).JPG

#683 7 years ago

If your guys gofer mechs don't fall check the shaft of the gofer mech. You will have to disassemble the whole gofer and pull it out of the coil. There is a roll pin connecting the 2 pieces of the shaft that can wiggle out a bit which causes it to catch on the sleeve. If it's out a bit tap it back in and reassemble. This has happened to me a few times. Hope this helps

#684 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

If your guys gofer mechs don't fall check the shaft of the gofer mech. You will have to disassemble the whole gofer and pull it out of the coil. There is a roll pin connecting the 2 pieces of the shaft that can wiggle out a bit which causes it to catch on the sleeve. If it's out a bit tap it back in and reassemble. This has happened to me a few times. Hope this helps

That's exactly what happened with my game (once) and i fixed it as Blackstorm described and it's been fine ever since. This seems to happen with these 2 piece shafts from time to time. Had the same thing happen on my T2 kickback.

#685 7 years ago

Has anyone here purchased a slam ramp overlay? I have some wear in this location (and a small gouge in the playfield in the back left corner area of the slam ramp). This has kind of annoyed me each time I play.

The decals on the pinball center site are significantly less than on any of the other sites. Any luck with these? Pictures?

Thanks!

#686 7 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Has anyone here purchased a slam ramp overlay?

Yes, and never again. To me it was the most wasteful pinball related purchase I ever made. There were only 2 places selling them, one place stocked the other place and they were both the same source material / product. Except one was PayPal, another place was snail mail. This was about a year ago. Anyway, I placed it on the game, the colors did not match at all, the yellow was the worst if I remember correctly.

The size / shape / layout of the design was all good. But what really sucked was the piss poor quality of the print / sticker. The ink wore off almost immediately, and it was also super thin and just got torn up after only a few slams of the ramp.

If I did it again I would mylar over the entire thing after putting it down if you want it to hold up for more than a few games. Someone really needs to remake these with the high quality prints that have that glossy finish or coating over them or whatever they do to lock the ink in and make the entire sticker more durable.

I'm just going to do a quick touch up and clear over it and then mylar it at this point, rather than try to bandage it up again.

#687 7 years ago

Thanks for the info! If I had a high quality scan of this I might be able to make one these better myself with label materials and laminate as long as I could color match.

#688 7 years ago

It would be nice to be able to buy one with good quality, they save time and hide the wear and are relatively quick and easy to install. It's a shame they were poor quality.

#689 7 years ago

Mine has a piece of mylar under it, that's not from the factory? Mine has a slight little wear under the ramp from when I bought it, I put felt under the ramp shortly after I got it.

#690 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

blackstorm, you weren't kidding...I pulled Buzz out today (thank god for magnetic nut drivers) and took a peak. It didn't take long to see the problem at all.

The hex bolt that binds Buzz to the shaft wasn't just loose...it fell out. I looked at Bud for reference and I could see there was a hex nut that was securing the hex bolt. Now where was the hex nut for the bolt going through Buzz? Oh....what's this? Two loose hex nuts and a screw (from I don't know where) floating around in the bottom of the cabinet.

I secured the hex bolt with the hex nut and now Buzz is working good. In fact, he's more mobile than I'm used to seeing. Now I'm gonna wonder all night where that other loose hex nut and mysterious screw need to go. Guess I'll keep playing the pin and eventually something will materialize.

Thanks for the help!

ngg1 (resized).jpgngg1 (resized).jpg

ngg2 (resized).jpgngg2 (resized).jpg

#691 7 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Thanks for the info! If I had a high quality scan of this I might be able to make one these better myself with label materials and laminate as long as I could color match.

Honestly I had gouges in mine and it never affected the gameplay once. Everyone's pinball happiness will be increased if you just don't sweat the small stuff.

#692 7 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

blackstorm, you weren't kidding...I pulled Buzz out today (thank god for magnetic nut drivers) and took a peak. It didn't take long to see the problem at all.
The hex bolt that binds Buzz to the shaft wasn't just loose...it fell out. I looked at Bud for reference and I could see there was a hex nut that was securing the hex bolt. Now where was the hex nut for the bolt going through Buzz? Oh....what's this? Two loose hex nuts and a screw (from I don't know where) floating around in the bottom of the cabinet.
I secured the hex bolt with the hex nut and now Buzz is working good. In fact, he's more mobile than I'm used to seeing. Now I'm gonna wonder all night where that other loose hex nut and mysterious screw need to go. Guess I'll keep playing the pin and eventually something will materialize.
Thanks for the help!

Glad you found the problem!!

#693 7 years ago

I had a decent game going tonight when this happened. Ball search can't help this stuck ball. Does the "floating ramp guard" stop this from happening? I have one from Marco but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to install it.

IMG_1278 (resized).JPGIMG_1278 (resized).JPG

#694 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I had a decent game going tonight when this happened. Ball search can't help this stuck ball. Does the "floating ramp guard" stop this from happening? I have one from Marco but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to install it.

Yes the ball hang up repair kit is a 'must buy' for gofers

#695 7 years ago

Does anyone happen to have or know where to get an extra spotlight assembly with the factory harness / connectors that goes to the left of the slam ramp as pictured just above in Jakers game? For some reason mine is missing and I want to keep things original if possible.

#696 7 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Yes the ball hang up repair kit is a 'must buy' for gofers

I have the floating ramp guard but don't know how to install it. Does it install on the floating ramp?...one of the posts next to the captive ball?... honestly, I kind of feel dumb for not being able to figure it out. I assume to stop this particular ball stick, the guard needs to be installed in the floating ramp.

#697 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I have the floating ramp guard but don't know how to install it. Does it install on the floating ramp?...one of the posts next to the captive ball?... honestly, I kind of feel dumb for not being able to figure it out. I assume to stop this particular ball stick, the guard needs to be installed in the floating ramp.

Try this link to these instructions (see page 2). http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/4338/NGG_A_22599.pdf
If it isn't clear, I can take/post pictures of my game/slam ramp tomorrow since I have it installed on my game.

#698 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Does it install on the floating ramp?

Yes, it installs on the ramp itself. I just took a dark piece of square foam and glued it to the side of the ramp to fill up the space, works great!

#699 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Try this link to these instructions (see page 2). http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/4338/NGG_A_22599.pdf
If it isn't clear, I can take/post pictures of my game/slam ramp tomorrow since I have it installed on my game.

If you could take a picture that would be awesome. Thanks!

#700 7 years ago

Any idea what might have happened as have a new fault.

The 3 flashers at top of p/f on both sides aren't coming on during multi-ball. Just happened out of the blue and no idea why?

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/14?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.