(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,445 posts
  • 227 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by jesperpark
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 319 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210106_224807 (resized).jpg
20210106_185410 (resized).jpg
20210106_185131 (resized).jpg
20201228_195311 (resized).jpg
89B8A68D-C370-449D-8D5D-90B04617A308 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_9135 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DC1F191B-0211-4696-B375-81C3AF70BE38 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200628-142436 (resized).png
FC57DB5A-4EAD-4200-B8CA-453068C4E2D8 (resized).jpeg
3E89853A-9D18-4794-89CD-1A4DA15F4BAE (resized).jpeg
CB13A9E1-8537-47F4-B80F-3A6DC186BEBB (resized).jpeg
CB93EB0D-9B96-42CC-A494-79E686F33912 (resized).jpeg
28D0D346-232C-4745-8FF3-E6EB68BD8FB7 (resized).jpeg

There are 1445 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 29.
#601 4 years ago

What guide are you talking about?

Quoted from ParaBax:

My auto launcher makes it up the ramp every time, but i had to adjust the guide to make it line up perfect. That coil doesn't get a lot of use, but i would assume that if the kicker and the guide are lined up right it should be no problem.
Also, if you install a flipper fidelity kit (which I fully recommend), you'll need to follow the extra instructions that are supposed to just be for MM. The gopher mechs hit the cabinet speaker if you don't.

#602 4 years ago

It's not that it doesn't go down all the way. It works perfect. It's just sometimes it doesn't register and doesn't move.

Quoted from tilt-master:

check your wires to your slam ramp coil, make sure they are solid. Also make sure your slam ramp bracket is secured on all screw points to he playfield.

My auto launcher never shoots up the left ramp, I've really never seen any machines that have. Others can chime in but consider yourself lucky to have an inconsistently powerful auto plunger. That will come in handy during multiball restarts

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

What guide are you talking about?

The exit angle of the shooter lane is adjustable via a screw under the playfield. The kicker is adjustable by its mounting hardware, again under the playfield. Make sure the kicker is dead center of a ball resting in lane, otherwise it doesn't get a solid hit. Once that is done, adjust the lane exit angle to hit the ramp as clean as possible.

Quoted from Robl45:

It's not that it doesn't go down all the way. It works perfect. It's just sometimes it doesn't register and doesn't move.

This is usually an issue with the rollover switch in the left inlane not being closed during a roll through.

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

noticed a couple of things while playing. Slam ramp is not going down all the time when lit, I'm thinking it appears when it rolls over the inner lane switch and the automatic plunger doesn't seem to be able to shoot the balls up the left ramp anymore or just barely gets them up there. Manual getting them up there fine. It was getting them up there fine but last night they were rolling back as they got to the top of the ramp.

Go into switch test in diagnostics and roll the ball over the inlane switch several times to make sure it is registering consistently. If it is then go into solenoid test and see if the slam ramp energizes (coin door closed) and report back.

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from ParaBax:

The exit angle of the shooter lane is adjustable via a screw under the playfield. The kicker is adjustable by its mounting hardware, again under the playfield. Make sure the kicker is dead center of a ball resting in lane, otherwise it doesn't get a solid hit. Once that is done, adjust the lane exit angle to hit the ramp as clean as possible.

This is usually an issue with the rollover switch in the left inlane not being closed during a roll through.

So I tested and the left inlane registers when I press down on the switch, and most of the time when the ball goes over but does miss sometimes. It missed once when rolling the ball when testing out of 5 tests or so and missed last night during the game. What have people done to make it more consistent?

#606 4 years ago

I have the same issues with the right inlane not registering all the time. Mine has lane protectors on it making it even tougher to get it to register. I've tried bending and adjusting a lot with no luck. I'm going to put in a new switch in the next week and see if that helps.

#607 4 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

So I tested and the left inlane registers when I press down on the switch, and most of the time when the ball goes over but does miss sometimes. It missed once when rolling the ball when testing out of 5 tests or so and missed last night during the game. What have people done to make it more consistent?

My game has a few switches that are inconsistent. Especially the ones in the Golf cart loop and captive ball. I figure they must have worn out over the years and need replacing. Not that much work or expensive but I need to find the time to do it.
You just need to replace the body because the actuator arms can be swapped over.

#608 4 years ago

Can somebody check on their audio board and tell me what amperage fuses you have in F501 and F502? I have 2 blown fuses and they are both 6.3a 250v. However, when I look in the manual it says these 2 fuses should be 2.5a 250v.

thanks

#609 4 years ago

Jakers, 2.5A 250V is correct for F501/502 on NGG (WPC95). They are for the audio amp power supply.

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from PinNerd:

Jakers, 2.5A 250V is correct for F501/502 on NGG (WPC95). They are for the audio amp power supply.

Thanks! I put the correct 2.5s in there and they're holding strong.

#611 4 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

Unless the switch is activating when the actuator is too low for a rolling ball to reliably trigger it, you're better off just replacing the thing.

#612 4 years ago

I'm hoping to join your club soon.

Robert

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I'm hoping to join your club soon.
Robert

The more the merrier!

#614 4 years ago

2nd time this has happened in 2 weeks, never had it happen before, anyone else have the ball get wedged between the slam ramp?

NGG (resized).jpg

#615 4 years ago

No never. It looks like your slam ramp is angled to much to the right which is leaving that big of gap allowing a ball to get stuck

#616 4 years ago

Something is up with your slam ramp. Left side should be parallel with that plastic. The ramp has rotated.

#617 4 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

anyone else have the ball get wedged between the slam ramp?

Hmm, I've had balls get jammed up under it before but not beside it like that. Definitely looks like it's angled though like nitrojcrawf mentioned, and dangerously close to your wheel.

P.S. - the Pinside high score for this game has been extremely difficult for me to achieve. I think I need to fine tune my slam ramp / upper play field so I can get more hole in ones.

#618 4 years ago

hmm, I bought the game used in 2002. To the best of my knowledge, the slam ramp has always been in that position. I always wondered how the heck you were supposed to hit the golf cart. So is it easy to rotate it? I assumed you were going to tell me I needed the piece that williams sold to prevent the ball hanging up by the slam ramp.

EDIT: so I'm trying to look at pictures and I can't really tell how its supposed to go exactly. Could someone maybe push the ramp down and take a picture so I can tell where it should be located?

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

hmm, I bought the game used in 2002. To the best of my knowledge, the slam ramp has always been in that position. I always wondered how the heck you were supposed to hit the golf cart. So is it easy to rotate it? I assumed you were going to tell me I needed the piece that williams sold to prevent the ball hanging up by the slam ramp.
EDIT: so I'm trying to look at pictures and I can't really tell how its supposed to go exactly. Could someone maybe push the ramp down and take a picture so I can tell where it should be located?

When I bought my NGG, the slam ramp looked like yours and it was able to rotate about 10 degrees. I found that the previous owner tightened the bolt (item #10 in red) too far. The head of that bolt needs to sit between the vertical slit of the adjusting plate (item #5 in green). My slam ramp now doesn't rotate and is angled correctly.

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 8.33.07 AM (resized).png

#620 4 years ago

Is there a buy in setting for NGG?

#621 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me the proper routing for the upper left playfield wires? Mine just don't look right to me. Also, should the left ramp sit on top of that post connected to the back wall?

IMG_0991 (resized).JPG

#622 4 years ago

I looked again and I don't see a buy in in the settings

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Can anyone tell me the proper routing for the upper left playfield wires?

I'm pretty certain they go down through a hole in a plastic a little to the left of the putting green with some others. It's a bit tricky but that's where all mine seem to run though.

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

When I bought my NGG, the slam ramp looked like yours and it was able to rotate about 10 degrees. I found that the previous owner tightened the bolt (item #10 in red) too far. The head of that bolt needs to sit between the vertical slit of the adjusting plate (item #5 in green). My slam ramp now doesn't rotate and is angled correctly.

So I backed out the bolt to the point that the head is before the groove and only the bolt is in the groove. ramp moved over slightly, but its still not the way it should be. I tried loosening the screws on the bracket to get it to move a bit and still its not where it should be. What can I do next?

EDIT: fixed. apparently that plate where the bolt goes slides back and forth and someone had jammed it all the way to the far side.

#625 4 years ago

Glad you got it fixed. Enjoy it.

#626 4 years ago

Sweet! Now if anyone knows how to get it dialed in so you can get more hole in ones, let me know. I've been trying to get more consistency there. Currently adjusting the upper play field angle, don't want to mess with the slam ramp.

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Sweet! Now if anyone knows how to get it dialed in so you can get more hole in ones, let me know. I've been trying to get more consistency there. Currently adjusting the upper play field angle, don't want to mess with the slam ramp.

I am the first to admit I'm not a very good player although I appear that way to my kids LOL, but we get a fair amount of hole in ones. After fixing my ramp, I tested the game and hit another one. It seems it needs to go up and go over the metal piece holding the flag and then gravity usually moves it to the hole. My TOM and NGG are both setup possibly a little steeper than they should be with the bubble showing just slightly past the second bar on the shooter lane. I think its supposed to be between the first and second line. Although I did set it up with an inclinometer to 6.5. I think the steepness might be helping it for the hole in one.

#628 4 years ago

How often do y'all try to complete the 5x bonus/extra ball?

#629 4 years ago

I tried a few times to see if I could complete the 5X bonus/extra ball, but once I did it never seems to be a focus of my game plan (and when I am not focused on it I usually just get 2x or 3x). Not sure if my game isn't working correctly or if I am missing something about the rules, but sometimes I see the 2x flashing and I loop the ball around but am not awarded the 2x (that is, it still is just flashing). Not sure if the direction of the loop makes a difference, if the speed of the ball around the loop makes a difference, but sometimes the game gives me the award and other times it doesn't, and I am not sure why.

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I tried a few times to see if I could complete the 5X bonus/extra ball, but once I did it never seems to be a focus of my game plan (and when I am not focused on it I usually just get 2x or 3x). Not sure if my game isn't working correctly or if I am missing something about the rules, but sometimes I see the 2x flashing and I loop the ball around but am not awarded the 2x (that is, it still is just flashing). Not sure if the direction of the loop makes a difference, if the speed of the ball around the loop makes a difference, but sometimes the game gives me the award and other times it doesn't, and I am not sure why.

Mine did this as well when I first got the game. It turned out that my left orbit switch needed to be adjusted. It wasn't sitting high enough for the ball to consistently register. Once I bent the metal piece upward a bit, it registers every time. The ball needs to register on both orbit switches to count as a bonus multiplier.

#631 4 years ago

There are rollover switches on each side of the back of the orbit, they both have to be triggered in the correct order to award the multiplier. Not sure of the time between them, or if its just that they have to be consecutive with no other switch hits in between. If you aren't being awarded, its likely one of the switches needs to be adjusted.

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Is the sound quality actually noticeable with a flipper fidelity kit? Does the sub add more bass? I've always been on the fence about upgrading the speakers in any of my games.

I have purchased a few games with them already installed, and installed a set on my CFTBL. Honestly, I do not think they make that big of a difference at all, especially for the price. I find the better upgrade to be buying the cheap Polk powered subwoofer and attaching that to the sub in the game. That will make a world of difference! Plus, you can hook up two games to each subwoofer. So for a hundred bucks, you get two games with upgraded sound.

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from ParaBax:

There are rollover switches on each side of the back of the orbit, they both have to be triggered in the correct order to award the multiplier. Not sure of the time between them, or if its just that they have to be consecutive with no other switch hits in between. If you aren't being awarded, its likely one of the switches needs to be adjusted.

I thought you have to hit the loop on the side which is flashing first.? (right flasher blinking - shoot right loop)?

I think I've only completed it to get the extra ball a couple times. Mine seems to be setup pretty hard and ball times are short so I usually focus on mb's.

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I thought you have to hit the loop on the side which is flashing first.? (right flasher blinking - shoot right loop)?

Correct, standard lane/opposite orbit combo award. Regarding the switches and their order, if you go through the right inlane and shoot the left orbit, you have to trigger the two orbit switches in order of left then right. That's how it determines which way you went around the loop.

#635 4 years ago

Thanks all for the advice. I'm going to check my switches this weekend and see if that fixes things!

#636 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How often do y'all try to complete the 5x bonus/extra ball?

Never knew about this, but will be going for it all the time now, thanks for the tip.

Quoted from Jakers:

The ball needs to register on both orbit switches to count as a bonus multiplier.

Ahh, that would explain the 5x bonus/extra ball I was failing to get, because for months I played with a right outer orbit switch not registering properly. Just got it fixed yesterday.

Quoted from Robl45:

Although I did set it up with an inclinometer to 6.5. I think the steepness might be helping it for the hole in one.

Adjusting the pitch is also on my list. I get hole in one when the ball deflects off the rear wheel on the cart and in, but I've also launched it over the flag and it's followed the guides back down into the hole as well.

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Never knew about this, but will be going for it all the time now, thanks for the tip.

Ahh, that would explain the 5x bonus/extra ball I was failing to get, because for months I played with a right outer orbit switch not registering properly. Just got it fixed yesterday.

Adjusting the pitch is also on my list. I get hole in one when the ball deflects off the rear wheel on the cart and in, but I've also launched it over the flag and it's followed the guides back down into the hole as well.

My right switch doesn't work either and it is a nightmare to access - any tips? Thanks

#638 4 years ago

it can be accessed fairly easily and with a little dexterity by shifting the plastics over to get to the switch.

Mine still doesn't shoot the loop cleanly. half the time the ball comes around past the upper flipper and hits the sling. I can raise the right a little to get the ball to move over a bit, but I feel I'm taking the game off level. I was thinking of moving the upper flipper out slightly. will that affect anything? The metal guide for the loop doesn't seem to really have any adjustment.

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

half the time the ball comes around past the upper flipper and hits the sling.

Can you clarify this? The upper flipper shouldn't be affecting the exit from the shooter lane. There is a gate at the lane exit, is that gate opening cleanly? That could easily cause most of your problems if its bent and sticking, not letting the ball exit the shooter lane clean.

#640 4 years ago

I'm talking about the left to right cart path

Quoted from ParaBax:

Can you clarify this? The upper flipper shouldn't be affecting the exit from the shooter lane. There is a gate at the lane exit, is that gate opening cleanly? That could easily cause most of your problems if its bent and sticking, not letting the ball exit the shooter lane clean.

#641 4 years ago

Bud and Buzz are really hindering my high score efforts the past two days. I've been playing this game a little more often lately and they're destroying me. Lol. Still making pitch adjustments as well, trying to find the sweet spot for the hole in one shot.

#642 4 years ago

if anyone has any ideas for the left to right orbit shot, please let me know, I assume it should be able to be shot cleanly around and around.

I got the hole in one champion for the first time today. Only had the game for 14 years or so. It was pretty cool but I promptly managed to lose the balls. Having the game set set with the longest ball savers helps alot too. Gotta help the kids out.

#643 4 years ago

I'm going to be installing my slam ramp area overlay soon. There is a small gouge in the playfield. What would you suggest to fill this gouge with before I put the overlay on top? Thanks.

IMG_1034 (resized).jpg

#644 4 years ago

For what it's worth, the slam ramp overlay I purchased was printed very cheaply, the colors weren't perfectly matched, the ink wore off it and it was very thin. If I did it again, I'd fit a piece of mylar over it if I wanted it to last more than a few games.

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think I've only completed it to get the extra ball a couple times. Mine seems to be setup pretty hard and ball times are short so I usually focus on mb's.

I have only just realized this feature has never worked on my game!

The left and right cart path switches need to be perfect it would seem. My right switch works in test but then doesn't seem to during games.

When I get it fixed look forward to trying to get 5x bonus and extra ball.

#646 4 years ago

Anyone fix raised inserts on ngg? My 5x bonus insert is lifting a little. Basically at the top. Not really bad and I only really noticed because one time the ball hit it just right and got some weird movement.

#647 4 years ago

For those of you that have painted your worn out Gofers, what paint and sealant did you use? How is it holding up? I have acrylic paint which is good for plastics but what type of clear would be best for protecting the paint from chipping away again?

#648 4 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

Anyone fix raised inserts on ngg? My 5x bonus insert is lifting a little. Basically at the top. Not really bad and I only really noticed because one time the ball hit it just right and got some weird movement.

Funny, I noticed the exact same thing yesterday! It's hardly anything, just can feel it with finger on the right edge.

It doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't get worse.

All other inserts are perfect.

I am very wary of the 'enemy of good is better' so not doing anything yet.

#649 4 years ago

So I investigated my orbit spinners this weekend. If I take my finger and spin both spinners the switches register every time (no matter which way I spin the spinner). Would the ball hitting the spinners at speed make a difference on if the switches register? Also, for those of you who adjusted your switches, when you say you bent the metal piece up, did you just use your finger and pull the metal end up a little, or did you adjust it upwards another way (e.g. leaf adjuster)? Thanks.

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

So I investigated my orbit spinners this weekend. If I take my finger and spin both spinners the switches register every time (no matter which way I spin the spinner). Would the ball hitting the spinners at speed make a difference on if the switches register? Also, for those of you who adjusted your switches, when you say you bent the metal piece up, did you just use your finger and pull the metal end up a little, or did you adjust it upwards another way (e.g. leaf adjuster)? Thanks.

If you're still trying to get your bonus multipliers to register correctly, the spinner switches have nothing to do with registering the bonuses. The switches you need to adjust are on the playfield in the back left and back right corners of the orbit. They're located under the ramps so you're best bet is to lift the playfield and adjust them from underneath. I removed my switch from underneath and just bent it upward a bit using my fingers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinfarmer Mods
$ 89.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
There are 1445 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 29.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside