(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 43.
#551 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

...i'm opening up the door every 3rd game, I really miss the free play option.

http://www.easycoinup.com/

#552 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

Playing with the kids a few games and a couple of times the slam ramp didn't activate. It seems to be working most of the time, but definately a couple of times when we did the skill shot, it didn't do anything. Do you think it was just a fluke?
I kind of always hated home use only roms like in my TOM because I felt it took some of the fun away with the credits, but now that I play with the kids and i'm opening up the door every 3rd game, I really miss the free play option.

There is an option in the game menu to set it to free play. Nearly all pins from the late 80s onwards have that setting.

#553 7 years ago

Yes there is an option for free play, I missed that before. But what I did was set the credits maximum to 99 and match to 50% so I shouldn't be doing the credits much anymore.

#554 7 years ago

Has Anyone done LED's in NGG and if so, what colors did you use? Thinking of doing rubbers in colors like this kit

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/345

and then maybe doing a little color on the LED's.

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

Has Anyone done LED's in NGG and if so, what colors did you use? Thinking of doing rubbers in colors like this kit

That's a fantastic looking kit, can't recommend it enough

I think I have a spreadsheet of all the LEDs I used. In the pictures on the Titan site, I had all the "Drive" inserts as purple so they would stand out more, and I eventually switched them to green. I think it fit more with the color scheme and still stood out enough for me.

#556 7 years ago

Why did you leave the slam ramp gray? Did you do standard white gi. I was thinking another color to match the game but maybe that's bad idea.

#557 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

Why did you leave the slam ramp gray? Did you do standard white gi. I was thinking another color to match the game but maybe that's bad idea.

I did mostly cool white in the GI with some green over by the KICK targets and I did purple under the slings.

I left the slam ramp grey because I wanted it to blend into the background since most of the time, it isn't in use. Thought it might get distracting with a bright color. I do think it could look good with FlashInstinct's ramp decal (looks like wood planks) and then brown or green post sleeves.

#558 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

Yes there is an option for free play, I missed that before. But what I did was set the credits maximum to 99 and match to 50% so I shouldn't be doing the credits much anymore.

LOL, I guess that kind of works

I'd recommend learning the settings as it open up a whole new world...also using the correct setting for free play so you know how to do it on your next pin(s)

#559 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

LOL, I guess that kind of works
I'd recommend learning the settings as it open up a whole new world...also using the correct setting for free play so you know how to do it on your next pin(s)

Yes, I'm aware of the settings, just didn't cycle through enough to find the free play, but as I said, I don't really care for freeplay. so 99 credits and matching half of the time will take care of enough that I don't have to do anything.

#560 7 years ago

Cliffy like to put a microswitch behind the coin return button so pressing that issues a credit.
Some games have callouts when you insert a coin

#561 7 years ago

Just joined the NGG club,and loving the game.Does anyone make a custom speaker
panel,those plain ones are just bad.When these sit next to a CFTBL and IJ it really looks bad.
If anyone has something different post some pics or info please

#562 7 years ago

just fixed the right cartpath spinner switch, white wire got sliced, no idea how that is possible, pain to get under this stuff though.

#563 7 years ago

how do you guys get your left stack of 3 spotlights to stay aimed. My bottom one that is supposed to aim at buzz just moves after I set it. There doesn't seem to be any way to tighten them down or anything.

#564 7 years ago

That stack is a hassle. You can disassemble the whole thing and make sure the bottom hex spacer is locked tight on the PF then reassemble, that's what worked for me.

Regarding LEDs in the above post, try Comet's sunlight instead of cool, Comet recommended those for NGG GI and they are a great middle point between warm and cool.

#565 7 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

That stack is a hassle. You can disassemble the whole thing and make sure the bottom hex spacer is locked tight on the PF then reassemble, that's what worked for me.
Regarding LEDs in the above post, try Comet's sunlight instead of cool, Comet recommended those for NGG GI and they are a great middle point between warm and cool.

Yea, its just the dimming thing that is making me pause on the leds. I think they would be great, but 150 per game for gi ocd is a little much.

#566 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

Yea, its just the dimming thing that is making me pause on the leds. I think they would be great, but 150 per game for gi ocd is a little much.

mine has cheap leds from the previous owner. I haven't noticed any trouble.

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

just fixed the right cartpath spinner switch, white wire got sliced, no idea how that is possible, pain to get under this stuff though.

How did you do it? My switch is broken as well and tried to get to it but gave up!

#568 7 years ago

i saw a new ngg backglass for sale in captains auction , just wanted to pass the info in case someone needs a new backglass for their new ngg ....auction is December 10

#569 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How did you do it? My switch is broken as well and tried to get to it but gave up!

I unscrewed the nut holding the clear plastic and took it out. I also unscrewed the screw holding the upper playfield and moved it out of the way. That gave me enough room to look around and see the sliced wire. Then I happen to have an automatic wire stripper which made things easier to strip the wire as there was little room to work and tiny crimp connectors from back in the day when I played around with car stereos and alarms. Put on a tiny crimp and all is good again.

I really wonder about how many of these games were put together as its really a pain to get to some of the lights and rubbers, I really can't imagine someone being able to get to all of this on a machine that is on location. Having to spend an hour disassembling the machine to change a rubber or whatever is kind of insane. Almost as insane as putting a spinning metal saw blade on a wooden playfield but hey some people do that too

#570 7 years ago

Is there an easy way to change the post rubbers under the upper clear playfield by the ramps? If I remove the screw holding the upper playfield down and lift it up will I be able to get to them? My rubber columns there (yellow) are very dirty and the one on the far right is supposed to be tapered but isn't so I want to fix that as well. Wondering whether this is an easy or difficult job so I can plan my time accordingly. Thanks.

#571 7 years ago

They are not too bad to get to at least center and taper. I don't know about the left one.

Quoted from nicknack66:

Is there an easy way to change the post rubbers under the upper clear playfield by the ramps? If I remove the screw holding the upper playfield down and lift it up will I be able to get to them? My rubber columns there (yellow) are very dirty and the one on the far right is supposed to be tapered but isn't so I want to fix that as well. Wondering whether this is an easy or difficult job so I can plan my time accordingly. Thanks.

#572 7 years ago

Probably a dumb question:When a ball drains before ball save has expired is it suppose to auto plunge ball back into play.Mine just goes back to shooter lane,this also happens while in game except in multi ball Thank You

#573 7 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Probably a dumb question:When a ball drains before ball save has expired is it suppose to auto plunge ball back into play.Mine just goes back to shooter lane,this also happens while in game except in multi ball Thank You

This is normal if your ball drained without triggering any switches.

Edit: Ball save wouldn't activate if no switch was triggered. Not sure if manual plunge during ball save is normal - it might be.

#574 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

That kit looks very familiar to mine. I love it!

IMG_20160905_184957042 (resized).jpgIMG_20160905_184957042 (resized).jpg

#575 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

This is normal if your ball drained without triggering any switches.
Edit: Ball save wouldn't activate if no switch was triggered. Not sure if manual plunge during ball save is normal - it might be.

Not exactly what I'm saying,switches are activated and the ball drains within the set up 6 second ball save.On another point,I just got this wonderful game and was wondering if people could post any toppers , mods and most of all a speaker panel alternative

#576 7 years ago

Ball does not launch after ball save.

#577 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

Ball does not launch after ball save.

Thank You. Anybody got pics of mods or toppers?

#578 7 years ago

Thanks. Changed rubber columns up top and you were right, not too bad. Taper was a little more difficult but was able to replace it as well.

1 week later
#579 7 years ago

When the ball exits the pop bumpers and goes past the 4 posts, is it supposed to drop into the inlanes? Mine half the time drops there and half the time drops in front of the slings. Game appears to be leveled correcly.

#580 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

When the ball exits the pop bumpers and goes past the 4 posts, is it supposed to drop into the inlanes? Mine half the time drops there and half the time drops in front of the slings. Game appears to be leveled correcly.

Mine's about 50/50

#581 7 years ago

Deleted - I aleady found the answer to my question.

fee8659a78999a88cd4ca74f6aac4613c6d83c47 (resized).jpgfee8659a78999a88cd4ca74f6aac4613c6d83c47 (resized).jpg

#583 7 years ago

If anyone has a list of leds for this game I'd appreciate it. Trying to create bulk list for my games

#584 7 years ago

Hi, i am searching for a scan of the insert decals (especially the inserts in front of the hole) because i have to repair this and can't find them to buy.

thx Mike

#585 7 years ago

Can someone take a picture of the cap screw that keeps the slam ramp alligned? The parts list just says it's a modified 10-32 cap screw but I'm not sure how it fits in the bracket.

Thanks!

#586 7 years ago

I have a question about the clear star post by where the ball ejects into the shooter lane (near the shooter tip). Is it suppose to have a rubber ring on it? My game doesn't, but I wasn't sure whether that was how the game is supposed to be, or whether during its life someone just didn't replace it. Thanks.

#587 7 years ago

I joined the club last night. She's dirty and missing a few small parts, but she'll clean up nice.

IMG_0740 (resized).jpgIMG_0740 (resized).jpg

#588 7 years ago

Say goodbye to your balls!

#589 7 years ago

Who has brightened this game up without adding blinding LED's? I'm going to shop mine out closer to spring and would like to figure out how to get more light on the playfield. One issue I have is the spotlights to the left of the slam ramp get hit a lot and either get spun out of position or the LED's get knocked loose.

Has anyone relocated that spotlight stalk so that it's not getting hammered so much? Out of all of my games, even older games with incandescent lamps, it's the darkest.

#590 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Who has brightened this game up without adding blinding LED's? I'm going to shop mine out closer to spring and would like to figure out how to get more light on the playfield. One issue I have is the spotlights to the left of the slam ramp get hit a lot and either get spun out of position or the LED's get knocked loose.
Has anyone relocated that spotlight stalk so that it's not getting hammered so much? Out of all of my games, even older games with incandescent lamps, it's the darkest.

I've noticed the same thing with mine. I'll be curious to see what you come up with.

#591 7 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I have a question about the clear star post by where the ball ejects into the shooter lane (near the shooter tip). Is it suppose to have a rubber ring on it? My game doesn't, but I wasn't sure whether that was how the game is supposed to be, or whether during its life someone just didn't replace it. Thanks.

Nope, it's just a gap filler, so no rubber ring needed.

#592 7 years ago

Thanks Johnny. Appreciate the info. Glad to know mine is correct.

#593 7 years ago

I'd like to light up the putt out hole from underneath. I'm wiring up a LED that will flash with the PUTT OUT insert and need to know which of the wires to tap into on the board under the play field. Can anybody help me out?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#594 7 years ago

One more question...is this the factory setup for the speakers? The left speaker seemed louder but I figured it was because the sound was bouncing off the wall and just making it appear louder. I just noticed tonight that the left speaker is much larger than the right. What's up with that?

IMG_0787 (resized).JPGIMG_0787 (resized).JPG

IMG_0788 (resized).JPGIMG_0788 (resized).JPG

IMG_0780 (resized).JPGIMG_0780 (resized).JPG

#595 7 years ago

noticed a couple of things while playing. Slam ramp is not going down all the time when lit, I'm thinking it appears when it rolls over the inner lane switch and the automatic plunger doesn't seem to be able to shoot the balls up the left ramp anymore or just barely gets them up there. Manual getting them up there fine. It was getting them up there fine but last night they were rolling back as they got to the top of the ramp.

#596 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

One more question...is this the factory setup for the speakers? The left speaker seemed louder but I figured it was because the sound was bouncing off the wall and just making it appear louder. I just noticed tonight that the left speaker is much larger than the right. What's up with that?

it is a stock set-up. Regardless, just upgrade to a Flipper Fidelity kit

#597 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

noticed a couple of things while playing. Slam ramp is not going down all the time when lit, I'm thinking it appears when it rolls over the inner lane switch

check your wires to your slam ramp coil, make sure they are solid. Also make sure your slam ramp bracket is secured on all screw points to he playfield.

Quoted from Robl45:

automatic plunger doesn't seem to be able to shoot the balls up the left ramp anymore or just barely gets them up there. Manual getting them up there fine. It was getting them up there fine but last night they were rolling back as they got to the top of the ramp.

My auto launcher never shoots up the left ramp, I've really never seen any machines that have. Others can chime in but consider yourself lucky to have an inconsistently powerful auto plunger. That will come in handy during multiball restarts

#598 7 years ago

My auto launcher makes it up the ramp every time, but i had to adjust the guide to make it line up perfect. That coil doesn't get a lot of use, but i would assume that if the kicker and the guide are lined up right it should be no problem.

Also, if you install a flipper fidelity kit (which I fully recommend), you'll need to follow the extra instructions that are supposed to just be for MM. The gopher mechs hit the cabinet speaker if you don't.

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

it is a stock set-up. Regardless, just upgrade to a Flipper Fidelity kit

Is the sound quality actually noticeable with a flipper fidelity kit? Does the sub add more bass? I've always been on the fence about upgrading the speakers in any of my games.

#600 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Is the sound quality actually noticeable with a flipper fidelity kit? Does the sub add more bass? I've always been on the fence about upgrading the speakers in any of my games.

Sound is noticeably better, but not sure if FF is worth the money vs getting pairs from Crutchfield to outfit a couple of games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,800 (OBO)
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/12?hl=robl45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.