9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by KingDaddy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Ran across another pinball simulator on my iPad. It's called Atomic Pinball, right now they have two games. One is called "Revenge of the Robo-bot" and the other is a Luchador themed wrestling game. The physics are decent and they are both pretty fun to play. I especially like the layout on the robot game. They let you play for free up to a certain point.

#3 9 years ago

I was actually going to post this after finding out that they released this compilation......the Revenge of the ROB-O-BOT table is actually 2 years old and was a stand alone table created by NENA and COLOR MONKEY but after releasing a new table they have jumped on board with the other companies having a compilation APP called atomic pinball.....as they added a new table called MASKS OF GLORY following the lucha libre style of wrestling. Both tables are instantly fun, DMD animations are great, call outs are fun and plenty to shoot for on the PF. It's like if solid state tables had DMDs. The ball physics take some getting used to and the flippers are Gottlieb "esqu" in there feel. I already own the ROB-O-BOT stand alone table and have yet to be able to add it the compilation so I won't be buying it again but hopefully they will change this. These aren't going to compete with ZEN or TPA but they do stand on there own and are fun as arcade pinball tables you can play on your tablet.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for ponting this app out - both tables are pretty fun and play real (i.e. nothing I saw that couldn't be done in a real machine) - the Lucha Libre table was my fave witha great sense of humor - where else do you need to hit ramps to spell COJONES??

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from gtown:

Thanks for ponting this app out - both tables are pretty fun and play real (i.e. nothing I saw that couldn't be done in a real machine) - the Lucha Libre table was my fave witha great sense of humor - where else do you need to hit ramps to spell COJONES??

They are fun! I'm enjoying the "masks of glory" table as well....i like how they have an announcer who speaks Spanish and English with a Spanish accent. The DMD animations are wild and funny. I do wish the ring where the bobble head fighter pops up to battle was like a "mini playfield" but it's cool to at least see your opponent.
    Just keep hitting the left ramp to spell COJONES....you will get a two ball multi ball if you do. If you can hit the left ramp consecutively during the multiball you will get a jackpot and super jackpot.

#6 9 years ago

Wow...what a fun pin!

I really like the call outs, game play and the surf music.

Thanks for the tip.

#7 9 years ago

Did you try the ROB-O-BOT table pismo?? The app doesn't tell you but when the lucha libre table loads up if you swipe left that table shows up too. It's worth a free play to see if you like it....trying to start and finish all the modes on the ROB-O-BOT table is tough!!

#8 9 years ago

Both games are very fun and like mentioned above would work as "real" machines.

1 month later
    #9 9 years ago

Just played these - both games ("Masks of Glory" and "Rob-O-Bot") are excellent. They manage to draw on some fo the best aspects of early pinball, while creating a modern game.

In the wake of the Predator Debacle, these games are further evidence that great pinball doesn't need to rely on the brand/idea equity of a licensed theme. Cirqus Voltaire, Cactus Canyon, TOAN, TOM, Whitewater, Taxi, Whirlwind, Fish Tales ...these game themes wouldn't even be considered today.

If someone executed a real "Masks of Glory" - it would undoubtedly be a big hit. Might be a good time for Stern to take a "risk" and try something more creative than Hollywood Blockbuster retreads. And guess what, they could put all the money into the game itself, rather than paying an exorbitant licensing fee.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atomic-pinball-on-the-ipad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.