(Topic ID: 260090)

atm vs. met. vs. jp

By zaki

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“which one?”

• metallica 25 votes
      28%
    • attack from mars classic 26 votes
      29%
    • jursassic park pro 38 votes
      43%

(89 votes)

#1 4 years ago

ok, wacko here at it again. same old story..can't decide what to buy. sold star wars, not sure what to buy..can't make a decision. advice is always appreciated. metallica-could get it (one of the last ones out there new in box), like it, afraid i won't like the music in home setting. i did not love most music on iron maiden. attack from mars-too shallow? or go with Jurassic park? which seems like its the most popular game these days.

#2 4 years ago

I vote for money at the ATM

#3 4 years ago

if you don't mind me asking. what makes it better for you vs. Metallica?

#4 4 years ago

If you don’t like Metallica’s music than go with AFM. I have both and I am a metal/Metallica fan so I like both games equally. That’s why I own both. Can’t go wrong with JP or Iron Maiden either so really it comes down to what theme you like best. AFM never gets old tho and I’m so glad I have that game. The call outs, the rules/shots, and the multiballs are all some of the best in pinball.

#5 4 years ago

Good points thanks. Re

#6 4 years ago

Save a few more bucks and get a JP premium.

If you cant I would go with MET pro.

AFM is a classic and good pinball but it got old pretty quickly

#7 4 years ago

ATM is a classic that will always stand the test of time. Just my two cents.

#8 4 years ago

Having played a whole lot of all three, owned a Met Pro and now own a JP Premium and play AFM at league and at my buddy's houses (original and remake)...I would definitely recommend a JP Premium. While AFM is a classic no doubt, I agree with others that it can get old compared to something like JP where there is much deeper code and more shots. JP is a lot more challenging as well which I think is a great characteristic for a home collection game. I tended to favor the 90s bally/Williams games but have started to appreciate the depth of some of the newer machines and believe that JP, especially the premium vs the pro, is a masterpiece.

#9 4 years ago

Gosh this is a tough one. You already have an amazing collection of games. I kinda think you should stay away from MET if you think the music will bother you.

Now you are at a similar delima that I am of you exclude MET. I love Jurassic Park but I'm a little afraid of Sterns quality at the moment and that's the only reason I dont already own a JP. That leaves me with AFMR and MBR.

I played a AFMR the other day and i gotta say that it is really really really good. I think i enjoyed as much as JP honestly but its obviously not going to be as deep with rules as JP is.

If it was me and taking everything into consideration I would go with AFMR and if you get a classic be sure to get the color dmd upgrade chip for 400 bucks. That puts you at 6400, if you can afford another 1K get the SE model with the bigger display, upgraded toys, and upgraded sound package.

You can always get a JP at a later date because it will be made at least two more years. If you're a rules nerd then get a JP. If you arent then get the AFMR. You are a winner regardless of which game that you choose.

#10 4 years ago

I own AFM and JP - they both rock and bring something different to the table. AFM timeless classic which never gets boring. Looking at your collection that would be what I would add.

#11 4 years ago

Is JP premium that much better? I played both and don't think the dino head and raptor cage add that much more to gameplay over the pro.

I don't think you go wrong with either. AFM is one of the best if not best classics from 90's. MET is one of the best if not best Stern dmd game. JP is the best Spike game. I think JP is the best overall but that's probably because it's the newest.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Is JP premium that much better? I played both and don't think the dino head and raptor cage add that much more to gameplay over the pro.
    I don't think you go wrong with either. AFM is one of the best if not best classics from 90's. MET is one of the best if not best Stern dmd game. JP is the best Spike game. I think JP is the best overall but that's probably because it's the newest.

JP is so packed for a Pro. I think its Stern's best pro to date. I keep wondering if the premium is worth the extra over the pro.

My vote is JP. Code is great, shots are stellar....and they will keep continuing to polish code. However, I agree with Who-dey in regards to quality. Im skeptical of NIB with Stern right now.

#13 4 years ago

thanks for the info from everyone i've played the JP premium in Pittsburgh. it is better for sure. on this go around though, i will get a pro or classic edition.

it is me on JP, but it seems like puzzle solving and slower? maybe I have not played that far or watched enough videos on it, but it seems like there isn't this crazy dinosaur stuff like chases, shooting dinos or things like that. when I see it its the control room, rescuing people, etc. I"m not saying its a bad game, but it seems slower and more strategy vs some frantic game.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

I"m not saying its a bad game, but it seems slower and more strategy vs some frantic

SW has both qualities but sounds like you sold it. JP would compliment your collection but AFM/MET are faster games.
    Chose MET but no bad decision here.

#15 4 years ago

Afm. It's awesome.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

SW has both qualities but sounds like you sold it. JP would compliment your existing collection but AFM/MET are faster games.
    Chose MET but no bad decision here.

yup. i sold sw. i lost interest in it i guess

#17 4 years ago

thanks for the help. went with afm. my heart was in it for that. almost got Metallica.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

thanks for the help. went with afm. my heart was in it for that. almost got Metallica.

Good choice! We want to see some pics when you get it all set up!

#19 4 years ago

JP Premium.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

ATM is a classic that will always stand the test of time. Just my two cents.

Absolutely. A classic!

Wait ... what's ATM again?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atm-vs-met-vs-jp?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.