• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170522_213131 (resized).jpg
IMG_6170 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

As I was attempting to find my problem with the game not allowing a one player game (still not solved) the game went int to tilt and wont come out of it. If i manually pull the tilt relay (TB1) it buzzes loudly and resets.
My problem with the ball count unit started out of the blue. I was played 3 games and on the 4th when the ball drained it only advanced the ball count unit 1 step.
I obviously need to address the tilt issue first but looking for ideas on both.

Thanks in advance,
Sean

#2 6 years ago

Do you have schematics? That'll really help you troubleshoot. I'm looking at my Swing Along schematics (which shouldn't be too dissimilar to your game), and I'm seeing that the tilt activation solenoids are wired in parallel to each other via a make/break switch labelled "p" (white/black, white/brown).

TB1 and TB2 should be located on that big reset unit, next to each other. You can undo the wing nuts on either side, and flip the unit up, revealing the switches. It's possible that switch "p" is stuck with all 3 contacts closed. Be very careful when adjusting, since the weight of the reset bar can artificially change the switch gapping.

I'll attach an excerpt of the schematics. The tilt section is towards the bottom. I'm hoping that the circuitry is similar to yours.

IMG_6170 (resized).JPGIMG_6170 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

I do have the schematic, All my tilt switches as open as the should be. my "p" relay is not tied to TB1 AND TB2 but is tied to the balls played unit. I have attached an image of the schematic.

20170522_213131 (resized).jpg20170522_213131 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

Ok, tilt problem is fixed there were 2 blades touching on TB1 that shouldn't have been. but I still have the problem with it only seting up for a 2 player game. the light on the back box says it one player but when the ball enters the outhole it only pulses the ball count unit once. any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Sean

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from seanduffy:

the light on the back box says it one player but when the ball enters the outhole it only pulses the ball count unit once.

Check the reset bank again. I believe that there are two relays in there that activate game for player 1 and player 2. It's possible you have a switch stuck closed in the player 2 relay that's telling the game to pulse the ball unit only once.

#6 6 years ago

I finally found it!!! The player control relay I think it is relay O or P had a wire from a neighboring relay against the return spring so it has holding the relay half open when it wasn't energized. Thanks again guys.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alameda, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlas-problems-again-permanent-tilt-always-2-player?hl=seanduffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.