Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by patrickvc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballfever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I am thinking maybe someday I'd like to pay to get either of these two games and I plan to try both of them at the PHOF next time I'm in Las Vegas.

Both titles are very desirable in their own way and it may come down to which theme I like better. Being in the west, I like the western theme of El Dorado but Atlantis has a very cool theme and I'm hearing that the gameplay is better.

Which one would you get?

Bruce

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

El Dorado, but as a Gold Strike

The Gold Strike playfield and plastics seem almost exactly the same except for the "WOW" in the middle and for that reason I like El Dorado's wagon wheel with cactus in the middle.

It may be just me but I also like the artwork in El Dorado's backglass better. The 1-10 numbers in circles across bottom of Gold Strike's backglass seem to cover up the beautiful western artwork. They could have designed that part better.

Is it more fun to play a Gold Strike than El Dorado? (I do have a particular liking for AABs)

Bruce

#7 8 years ago

There's been a lot of love for Atlantis lately. I see that it has the same playfield layout as Lawman.

PHOF doesn't seem to have either game in their list. http://www.pinballmuseum.org/games.php

Bruce

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballfever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlantis-vs-el-dorado?tu=pinballfever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.