95C1A7A4-2ED3-402D-9A29-114451BA818D (resized).jpeg
2001-1_upp_pf__021_(resized).JPG
2001-1_lwr_pf_019_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160108_194231_(resized).jpg
Centigrade_37_BG_2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 8 years ago

Atlantis all day. Of course, I want one so that seals it. Could've gotten a decent C37 for 1K, needed work, but saving my pennies for Atlantis. Of course, I'd take both if I had money and room. +1 on Volley as well. Had one and would have it again. Plunge is super important on that game as getting back up to the rollovers is a real trick.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

I have an Atlantis question (I have one, but not near me). I believe that if you knock down ANY two drops you get the 5000 pts. Is that correct? I know they are 'paired', but if you get a lucky skip shot and hit any two down 'almost' simultaneously... I believe the double drop bonus collects. Either way, cool feature that I don't believe has been used elsewhere.

I have gotten the skip shot 5000 collect several times. Something I think I really didn't realize is that despite the special being worthless in a home use setting, lit targets are 3K each so not shabby at all and a great way to advance the numbers while grabbing some great points. I would love some simple wiring mod that would make Atlantis AAB as getting the special over and over is worthless. Otherwise Atlantis is about the ideal EM.

#58 8 years ago

I really must get an Atlantis someday. I passed on one in good shape for 1500 and still regret it.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Personally I like the gameplay on both about equal. Atlantis has more intricate rules, but I also like the unique rules in C37 in 5-ball mode. They might both have the same bagatelle setup, but the way they use them is different. The games are different enough to me to have both. Guests and non-pinheads definitely like C37 better. If I had to get rid of one of them, it would be Atlantis. Fortunately I don't have to get rid of either at this point!

If the times comes for you to get rid of Atlantis, please PM me!!!

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

This thread makes me think about getting an Atlantis but the fact it has 3 inch flippers is a caveat because I'm more of a 2 inch flipper guy.
If I did decide to get a 3 inch flipper game then which would you choose...
Atlantis or El Dorado?
Bruce

For the theme it's easy - Atlantis (for me). However, El Dorado is 'the best' take on that layout since the drops actually reset and you aren't left with nothing to do really. Both.

#131 8 years ago

To clarify,

Quoted from EMsInKC:Atlantis' drops reset.

I was pointing out that El Dorado reset versus the other versions of that table that are 2/4 player like Target Alpha.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
$ 12.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlantis-vs-centigrade-37?tu=shimoda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.