95C1A7A4-2ED3-402D-9A29-114451BA818D (resized).jpeg
2001-1_upp_pf__021_(resized).JPG
2001-1_lwr_pf_019_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160108_194231_(resized).jpg
Centigrade_37_BG_2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

I have an Atlantis question (I have one, but not near me). I believe that if you knock down ANY two drops you get the 5000 pts. Is that correct? I know they are 'paired', but if you get a lucky skip shot and hit any two down 'almost' simultaneously... I believe the double drop bonus collects. Either way, cool feature that I don't believe has been used elsewhere.

It has to be a blue and a white target at the same time. I have earned the 5000 with a split shot. It could be the opposite ends of the bank as long as it is a blue and white in close enough succession.

#43 8 years ago

Atlantis is the better game over C37. Atlantis is also my desert island game. Luckily we don't have to narrow it down to just one.

Looking at your collection I would recommend getting both and, as long as condition is acceptable, try the C37 also and make your own opinion. If condition is decent you should have no problem selling it if it doesn't have staying power for you.

C37 is still a fun game to play in its own right, just not as challenging as Atlantis where Atlantis can hand you your ass most of the time if you don't play it regularly.

To me C37 is to the Gottlieb 70's EM era as Scared Stiff is in the WPC era. Scared Stiff is a fun game to play and has its appeal, just that it is not as deep as other games from that era. I sold my Scared Stiff over other WPC games but have kept C37 in my Gottlieb collection.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I did make my c37 much harder by putting ALL the post in the conservative mode and putting a jumper on the 3/5 ball jones plug so I would have the 5 ball rules with only 3 balls.

That sounds like a very good idea. I'll have to try that.

My opinion is that C37 is easier on the 3 ball settings than it is on 5 ball due to the compensations you get on 3 ball. Taking those away would make it more balanced on 3 ball.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Lawman is the same layout as Atlantis and also has the 5000 bonus for double drops.

I think you are mistaken. Lawman will give you 5000 for getting all of the drops down, similar to Atlantis, but only gives 500 for getting any single or double drop target down.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Will be getting both, but can't take delivery until I move some games.
Thanks for all the good dialog.
Dan

Good choice. Look forward to your opinion after some play time.

1 month later
#138 8 years ago

Not that I wouldn't try it but I find Centigrade 37 is easier on 3 ball. It's like they overcompensated for only 3 balls.

Still you have two fun games there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlantis-vs-centigrade-37?tu=mikeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.