95C1A7A4-2ED3-402D-9A29-114451BA818D (resized).jpeg
2001-1_upp_pf__021_(resized).JPG
2001-1_lwr_pf_019_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160108_194231_(resized).jpg
Centigrade_37_BG_2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 8 years ago

C37 is a great looking game.

Atlantis is a great player. It's not even close. Atlantis all the way.

I had an opportunity like this and I got both, but it is Atlantis and Abra Ca Dabra that I got. Another game with really nice artwork and a better player than C37

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

the thing about volley I like the most is that it IS NOT A SPECIAL FEST! once you light the special and then collect it, it goes out and you have to start all over to get another. unlike other wedge heads once lit you can just bang away at the specials. that is not a bad thing but it is a nice change to have to work for each special

Hey boiler, if that's what you want, get a Williams game. I own four of them and that's pretty much the way they play. One of them, Ding Dong, once you get a special lit, even if you don't collected it, when the ball drains, that's it, start over. It makes them really challenging.

River Boat has a special that stays on, but another special that goes out once you collect it, or lose the ball. Cool

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I am a gottlieb guy I couldn't have a wiliams game in here! LOL just kidding they did make some great ones in the 60's
I do like having to work for the special in the home environment. but there is nothing like hearing that knocker go off a dozen times in one ball. on my 2001 I can have it sound like a machine gun once I lite the special.
I am doing a heat wave right now and a bally cross country next with a cool carry over feature, something I don't think gottlieb used much at all

Three of mine are mid 60s. Great games, all of them.

Bally was big on the carry over feature. The one Bally I own has one.

That Heat Wave was supposed to be mine some day, but our friend decided it was time to move it on and I just couldn't swing it at the time.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

I have an Atlantis question (I have one, but not near me). I believe that if you knock down ANY two drops you get the 5000 pts. Is that correct? I know they are 'paired', but if you get a lucky skip shot and hit any two down 'almost' simultaneously... I believe the double drop bonus collects. Either way, cool feature that I don't believe has been used elsewhere.

I've hit the skip shot and I don't think it's ever collected the 5000. Just have to take the glass off and trip two drops not adjacent and see what happens.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

a complaint I hear a lot and I agree with it is C37 is to easy, I never hear that with atlantis.
I did make my c37 much harder by putting ALL the post in the conservative mode and putting a jumper on the 3/5 ball jones plug so I would have the 5 ball rules with only 3 balls.

Not an EM but I did this same thing with my Gottlieb Pinball Pool. That game has the two banks of seven drop targets on each side. Gottlieb came up with a idea they called "remo-trip" when if you hit a drop on one side, it dropped a corresponding target on the other side. It differed on how the drops happened depending on if you had it set on 3 ball or 5 ball.

I thought that would make the game too easy so I just disabled the remo-trip altogether. And it makes the game a bunch tougher to play. I just didn't like the idea of collecting targets I didn't come near. Although, Top Card has this same type of feature where on three ball hitting one standup will collect another. I guess it's an ok idea but it wasn't for me. Easy enough to reverse, though, it's just one switch that I permanently opened.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yep, a hole in the protector big enough to move the post.

The hole is just barely bigger than the pop switch platter. Works fine and no need for the mylar platter any more. You do have to remove the pops to install the protector. Most everything else can stay on the playfield for the install.
Here is a picture of the Atlantis protector (with the white protective sticker still installed). I am a little skeptical on the star rollovers, but it looks like they have a decent design.

20160108_194231_(resized).jpg

Question on that protector.

Do you have to remove the bagatelle wireforms? Sure looks like it. There are also pins above two of the wireforms in the bagatelle, and pins in the return lane on the right flipper, and of course in the corners of the outlanes?

I don't really want to be removing those wireforms if I don't have to do it. Not necessarily a hard job but things can go wrong.

Interesting idea though.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

It would be helpful if repro backglasses and plastics were available for titles getting repro playfields. Then can make truly nice examples. That's what's been nice about the recent ones, as the glasses and plastics have also been available, so can complete the hat trick.
So among the titles with glasses and plastics already available, which ones would most benefit from a playfield? That might be interesting to explore. Abra Ca Dabra, for example...

Well, at least for Atlantis you can have it all once Wade gets going, as PBR has the plastics and bgresto the glass.

Lee and Gordon have the plastics for ACD and Ron Webb has the glass. Only need the playfield. And the game. And I'm taking care of that part of it this weekend.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

For the theme it's easy - Atlantis (for me). However, El Dorado is 'the best' take on that layout since the drops actually reset and you aren't left with nothing to do really. Both.

Atlantis' drops reset.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The pins stayed when I did Abra Ca Dabra, but the wire guides have to be removed for the install. They are pretty easy to remove with a pry bar and some thick cardboard to protect the playfield. I can't see the danger unless the playfield is clear coated - in which case the protector is not needed.
We are finally getting some cool, dry weather here so I should be able to stencil the Atlantis cabinet this week and put the protector in during the reassembly.

Don't hold your breath. After all the work to stencil it, I won't be selling any time soon.

I've removed them before and I know it's not that bad a job, but you never know prying something out of the playfield can go wrong.

If I was going to stay with my current playfield long term I'd consider it, but since I'm probably not going to do that, I won't. Thanks for the info though.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

bgresto is OK when there's no other option, but for combining with a repro playfield and true repro plastics, for me it would need to be a silkscreened glass like Ron or Shay have produced.

Well, I knew that would be a reply. And I understand it. But for some reason, despite the obvious popularity of this game, neither has done one. I don't pretend to know why. Maybe this glass just had better staying power? Mine is extremely nice, just two very small flakes in the fish above the score reels.

I would also say that Steve at bgresto is constantly working to tweak and improve his product. I've had a great experience with Ron Webb's glasses. Never bought a Shay glass but I have a friend who has and his experience hasn't been so positive. Color matching issues there.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Ron did Atlantis, and it's currently listed on his website.
I've had several of both Ron and Shay's. No complaints here.

LOL, don't know how I missed that one. Bad Monday I guess.

All I can tell you is I saw the two glasses he bought from Shay and they weren't even close. Now, maybe I'm too picky, but generally I'm not, but those glasses had colors that just weren't at all close.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlantis-vs-centigrade-37?tu=emsinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.