95C1A7A4-2ED3-402D-9A29-114451BA818D (resized).jpeg
2001-1_upp_pf__021_(resized).JPG
2001-1_lwr_pf_019_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160108_194231_(resized).jpg
Centigrade_37_BG_2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrWizzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have the opportunity to get one or both.

Any strong opinions as to which is the better choice? Leaning toward the Atlantis, but may get both.

Dan

#6 8 years ago

Price may be a bit high, each at $1600, but both are desirable games.

Dan

#11 8 years ago

Okay, why?

Hadn't consider it. Looking to sell several games and replace with EMs.

#29 8 years ago

Great input from everyone. Thanks.

I was thinking much the same that both having bagatelle features seemed to detract from C37, but the artwork and backglass animation does make it attractive.

Dan

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

C37 is still a fun game to play in its own right, just not as challenging as Atlantis where Atlantis can hand you your ass most of the time if you don't play it regularly.

Sounds like my kind of game!

Quoted from MikeO:

That sounds like a very good idea. I'll have to try that.
My opinion is that C37 is easier on the 3 ball settings than it is on 5 ball due to the compensations you get on 3 ball. Taking those away would make it more balanced on 3 ball.

I keep my Royal Flush on five ball for that exact reason.

Quoted from John_I:

Dang. All this Atlantis talk is inspiring me to finish the stencil job and put mine back together this weekend! I also just got a playfield protector for it from BAA. Can't wait to play it with that in place to level the inserts!

I once I had a MM sit in my basement for five years half shopped, so don't feel too bad. Have to see what it is from BAA you mention.

I get down to Cocoa once a year or so. Maybe we can get together next time I am there.

#65 8 years ago

Well, I guess both it is.

Now I gotta sell a couple of my dmd's to make room, which I need to do anyway.

Intrigued about Volley. Played it as a kid.
Need to take a closer look.

#97 8 years ago

Will be getting both, but can't take delivery until I move some games.

Thanks for all the good dialog.

Dan

1 month later
#137 8 years ago

Okay, so I got both games delivered this week and have them tweaked and working 100%.

Had to high tap Atlantis to get the kind of play expected, but not C37.

My initial impression of play is that although C37 seems to have more going on in it, Atlantis feels more fully integrated in features and ruleset.

Atlantis took a bit to get the flipper angles right, and I really like how the slings enhance gameplay; the rubber up top and the lanes inspire lots of nudging. Target on/off rollover stars remind you that you can't control everything. Like that.

C37 feels a bit disjointed in how features integrate. The ribbon animation is pretty cool. I wondered how that was done. In this case, I like no slings. Seems like there are more flips because of that. Never seen the inlane divider plastics before and glad I don't need them. Must be a bear to find. The D shot is a challenge. I think special should have been made harder by completing the thermometer AND completing ABCD.
I would have tied the drops to something other than advancing the animation. Like the usefulness of the right flip backhand. Think I will put it on three ball as five seems too easy. After a half dozen games, never having played it before, scored about 240K.

Probably will keep both, but keep my eye out for a really nice Atlantis and sell this one.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i made my c37 3 ball with 5 ball rules, it was much harder

No schematic yet, but guessing you had to distribute the pins on the 3-5 ball Jones plug? How did you do it?

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

good point. Sometimes, it is just a properly placed jumper to trip game over at the end if the third ball while leaving the Jones plug in the 5 ball position to keep the harder rules programming.
I usually how 3 ball rules join features on the playfield diminishing the original design.

Wow! That's a lot of games you have....

#144 8 years ago

Set it to 3 ball with 5 ball ruleset by jumping the fourth lug from the top on the 3/5 connector.

Didn't have the schematic just went through process of elimination.

Entirely different game. Much better.

#146 8 years ago

And right you were....

#148 8 years ago

Was thinking about seeing what HH would be like set like that.

Spoke with BlownFuse about such a mod a couple weeks ago. Involves tapping 110 off the red wire at the start relay to NO switches in series on each of the target banks, so the switches close when bank is completed.

The wiring then goes to a new NO switch added to the add ball count relay in the head and then back to brown wire on the start relay.

Switches need to have large pads. Once all targets are dropped, mod will raise them when ball drains.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrWizzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlantis-vs-centigrade-37?tu=MrWizzo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.