95C1A7A4-2ED3-402D-9A29-114451BA818D (resized).jpeg
2001-1_upp_pf__021_(resized).JPG
2001-1_lwr_pf_019_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160108_194231_(resized).jpg
Centigrade_37_BG_2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DirtFlipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 8 years ago

Shay would be happy either way.

#51 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

putting a jumper on the 3/5 ball jones plug so I would have the 5 ball rules with only 3 balls.

We did that on a Golden Arrow a couple years ago too.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I would love some simple wiring mod that would make Atlantis AAB as getting the special over and over is worthless.

Replays are worth 1 million points each.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-tech-tip-convert-gottlieb-to-reset-credit-unit-per-game

Specials are valuable.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yep, a hole in the protector big enough to move the post.

The hole is just barely bigger than the pop switch platter. Works fine and no need for the mylar platter any more. You do have to remove the pops to install the protector. Most everything else can stay on the playfield for the install.
Here is a picture of the Atlantis protector (with the white protective sticker still installed). I am a little skeptical on the star rollovers, but it looks like they have a decent design.

20160108_194231_(resized).jpg

Where are these found for the EM titles? I glanced at Bay Area, but was only finding SS/DMD titles.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

They are only available for a handful of EMs. BAA sells them or you can follow the link I put above on ebay. I bought the Abra ca Dabra and Atlantis from BAA.

I tried a different search incantation on Bay Area, and now I see a fee EM ones listed. Thanks.

Abra is showing out of stock, but looks like they still have Atlantis. Sky Jump was the only other wedgehead I saw mentioned.

These look promising though. I'd be curious to try one on a game sometime.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from Boatcat:

Sky Jump is another good one of the 3" variety.
Are you guys saying you're interested in mylaring your playfields? Aren't that what these "Protectors" are? I always thought the desired product included removing any mylar if there was any on the playfield.

Says it's not Mylar, but a polycarbonite called Makrolon:
http://www.plastics.covestro.com/en/Products/Makrolon.aspx

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/playfieldprotector/index.html

I'd imagine it's a bit more rigid than Mylar. I don't like auto clear coats, and this seems like a reversible alternative (i.e., just take it off later as needed). And it's not a whole playfield overlay, looks to cover just the ball traffic areas.

Seems intriguing enough to try once.

#111 8 years ago

It would be helpful if repro backglasses and plastics were available for titles getting repro playfields. Then can make truly nice examples. That's what's been nice about the recent ones, as the glasses and plastics have also been available, so can complete the hat trick.

So among the titles with glasses and plastics already available, which ones would most benefit from a playfield? That might be interesting to explore. Abra Ca Dabra, for example...

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

bgresto the glass.

bgresto is OK when there's no other option, but for combining with a repro playfield and true repro plastics, for me it would need to be a silkscreened glass like Ron or Shay have produced.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

neither has done one

Ron did Atlantis, and it's currently listed on his website.

I've had several of both Ron and Shay's. No complaints here.

1 month later
#143 8 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Never seen the inlane divider plastics before and glad I don't need them. Must be a bear to find.

Nah, PBR has them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DirtFlipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlantis-vs-centigrade-37?tu=DirtFlipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.