Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by mojonitro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 months ago

I'm finishing up an Atlantis, and I'm down to one issue. After you make the entire 1 through 9 sequence, making the 9 gives you three replays, not one (as per the manual). There's no switch on the score motor that pulses 3 times, there's nothing that gives you three hundred or three thousand points, and if you hit any of the Specials you get one replay, so I'm stumped what is allowing this. Any ideas?
Jim

#2 11 months ago

Is your machine perhaps a prototype or a sample game?

Completing the one through nine sequence on my regular production Atlantis only lights the special(s). It does not have the capability to automatically award a special by just completing the 9.

#3 11 months ago

The E relay should award 3000 (and advance the sequence unit). Not the fix for your malfunction, but maybe a clue.

#4 11 months ago

Thank you, HowardR . I'll check that out today.
Runbikeskilee , I don't think this is a sample or proto machine, but the serial number has been scratched out on the playfield sticker and the front of the cabinet below the coin door. Strange.
Jim

#5 11 months ago

The Playfield Operation section on p3 of my Atlantis manual merely specifies "completing 1 through 9 sequence lights specials". If your manual states differently, I'm guessing you have a variation due to a sample or prototype game.

I took a brief look at my schematic to try and see how just completing the #9 in the sequence unit might trigger automatic replays, but not sure I figured anything out. There is a vertical circuit line coming down the middle of column E that connects to the "Add Replay Unit" solenoid. This vertical circuit includes the match unit, the 10,000-unit with the point score adjustments, the special rollover (left drain?), as well as the sequence unit shown up near row 8. It's possible there may be a path through a make/break switch on the E relay (location 8G on schematic), motor switch 4C, and normally open switches on either the D and G relay.

Could be the pulses from the E relay (3000 point and advance sequence relay) are somehow leaking through to the add replay circuit, as Howard was alluding to. I would probably inspect the D, E, and G relays for mal-adjusted switches or shorts at the tab ends on the switches.

#6 11 months ago

SOLVED!
I went through the E relay, and all was well there. I am disappointed in myself that I didn't catch that was a 3000 point relay! Thank you HowardR for opening my eyes. I then started trying to find a common path from the E relay through the sequence unit, since it was triggered after the 9 rollover was actuated. I just happened to find a M/B switch on the sequence unit itself that only changes state after the 9 rollover is hit and the sequence unit advances to the 9 position. The switch was out of adjustment so that it was a M/M until the 9 rollover was made. I cleaned and gapped the switch, and voila, no replays after 9, but the Special lights are on and they all give you a replay.
@runbikeskilee, I mis-spoke about my manual. It's the same as yours, I mis-interpreted it. No special after making the 9, the specials just light up.
Thanks to you all!
Jim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Lyon, MI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.