3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by GPS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Atlantis Make Make switches (resized).jpg
    8131D2B3-1DB9-436A-829D-2D7399A833E6 (resized).jpeg
    4AA60E73-87E2-45A1-9FA8-C367FE0954C9 (resized).jpeg
    766F291A-73F1-4151-A998-A59D13A97E22 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Hello All
    Think I may have the wrong switches and just wanted to confirm.

Working on replacing the three stand up targets on the near right side of the play field. Ordered these from Steve so I was hopeful they would be right but think there is an issue.

First picture is of the existing switch in the playfield. Second is just to be sure we’re on the same page as my descriptions of switches is not always spot on. Last pic is of the new switch I received from Steve. Existing switches have three terminal and no cap. New switch has two terminals and a cap.

Please note pictures and offer any guidance. Thank you kindly

George

4AA60E73-87E2-45A1-9FA8-C367FE0954C9 (resized).jpeg4AA60E73-87E2-45A1-9FA8-C367FE0954C9 (resized).jpeg766F291A-73F1-4151-A998-A59D13A97E22 (resized).jpeg766F291A-73F1-4151-A998-A59D13A97E22 (resized).jpeg8131D2B3-1DB9-436A-829D-2D7399A833E6 (resized).jpeg8131D2B3-1DB9-436A-829D-2D7399A833E6 (resized).jpeg

#2 3 years ago

I think the switches you're trying to replace are somewhat uncommon Make/Make switches (in red):
    Atlantis Make Make switches (resized).jpgAtlantis Make Make switches (resized).jpg
    The new switch you show with just two leaves is not a direct replacement and cannot complete two different circuits like the originals can.

There was a similar discussion recently at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/soldering-in-new-target-switches-solder-won-t-stick#post-5972333

/Mark

#3 3 years ago

Many thanks Mark. I am grateful

#4 3 years ago

Why are you wanting to replace the complete switch assemblies George as distinct from just replacing the targets. Take care - Wayne.

#5 3 years ago

i would disassemble the old switch (since it is held together with screws and nuts) and swap in the one terminal that you need from the new switch. All the pieces come apart like layers in a sandwich.

Dave

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from wayner:

Why are you wanting to replace the complete switch assemblies George as distinct from just replacing the targets. Take care - Wayne.

Well Hello Wayne. Hope you are doing well. Always nice to hear from you. As to your question, just trying to replace some of the switches in the game that are a bit “tired”. Also replacing the slingshot switches. They were the original and man, they were tired. This is a game that will never leave so when I have time, I like to do some maintenance on it to keep it up to snuff.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

i would disassemble the old switch (since it is held together with screws and nuts) and swap in the one terminal that you need from the new switch. All the pieces come apart like layers in a sandwich.
    Dave

Hello Dave

Very good suggestion however since my reasoning for doing this work was to replace old with new I would try and get a new terminal so that the entire switch is new. I will call Steve tomorrow and advise and see what he wants to do. Either whole new stack or as you suggested just another piece to the stack. Thank you

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlantis-switch-assist?hl=dgampguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.