Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6291.jpg
Sequence9th.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I noticed this evening that the bottom left rollover does not score when the Special is lit. When not lit, it scores as it should, so the problem is not the switch itself. Can anyone save me a lot of time and point me in the likely direction of the problem? Thanks!

#4 8 years ago

I'll double check this evening (or sometime very soon, at any rate). I had the impression that it was doing nothing at all (that is, that the knocker didn't go off and it didn't add a credit), but I could be completely wrong.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

FWIW mine does this

Well, that's interesting. I wonder if someone else who owns an Atlantis could check this out on their machine.

#7 8 years ago

I just opened up the Atlantis and confirmed what I thought was the case: hitting any (red) lit target engages the knocker and adds a credit, as does knocking down all of the targets when the Special is lit. That lower left rollover does nothing, however. No credit, no knocker.

#9 8 years ago

Will do. I can't get to this immediately, but I am keenly interested in following up on it. I'd also like to hear from anyone else who has an Atlantis.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Just sell me the Atlantis and be done with this problem machine

I wouldn't dream of selling defective merchandise!

#15 8 years ago

Very interesting. Either it is a very common bug or...it's a feature!

#17 8 years ago

Huh. If I get the chance, I'll mess with it this weekend.

#22 8 years ago

Sorry that I haven't been able to get back to this after raising the issue. Thanks for your help.

#23 8 years ago

I've spent some time working on this today, but still no joy. Please pardon whatever ignorance on my part is preventing me from solving this puzzle.

I gently filed or sandpapered what appeared to be any and all relevant contacts on the (round) sequence unit. I cleaned the contacts on the #9 rollover make/break switches. I cleaned the contacts on the motor stepper switches (sorry if I can't name everything properly; this is still foreign territory) that had the same wires as those on the rollover switches. I then tested the continuity of all of these switches, including every one on the sequence unit that was engaged when the 1-9 sequence was completed.

All of them had continuity, but that bottom left rollover still does not activate a credit. So, what do you think I am missing?

#24 8 years ago

P.S. I guess it's silly to invest this much energy in trying to solve the problem since the pin is on free play. It's nice to hear the knocker go off and see a credit added, but it doesn't affect the use of the machine in any way.

#26 8 years ago

Yes, the special works everywhere except the lower left rollover.

#28 8 years ago

Whoever said, "Ignorance is bliss"? Yup, that's it. The funny thing is that I noticed that switch earlier and checked it for continuity (when the contacts are together, that is.) The problem wasn't corrosion. It was bent very, very slightly, but enough that it wasn't making contact properly when the post came around to close the switch. When I had closed it manually, it worked like a charm.

Thanks! Nothing like knowing what you're doing. At least all of this trial and error is teaching me a lot.

Case closed.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

BTW Dirt....you da man!

Yup. It is great having a place where I can turn for this kind of information. As far as I know, there is nobody local who would be able to help me with EMs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlantis-question-for-those-in-the-know?tu=craig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.