7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider embryonjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

So here's the trouble:
The game scores correctly and advances correctly except for a couple of annoying things:
*the top middle and top right roll through lanes, never light.
*the (bottom two) "advance when lit" (AWL) and "special when lit" (SWL) inserts also never light.

The top left roll-through light does, and so do the top "AWL" & "SWL".
All numbered spots light, score and progress as they should.

Here's what I noticed and checked:
*The "targets on" relay is always pulling in and never lets go, even when triggered by the "targets off" rollover.
*All bulbs and sockets work just fine when tested with a jumper.
*the game scores & issues credits (specials) when the target gets hit even though the insert is off.
*all leaf switches look properly gapped

Shouldn't the sequence of lit inserts go like this: left roll-through and top "AWL", then middle roll-through and middle down "AWL", then right roll-through and bottom "AWL"?

The pictures show the only inserts that will illuminate.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I'm not at home and don't have access to my schematic. I'm not sure that I'm understanding you correctly. Are you saying that the middle and bottom special and advance lights never work at all?
I would assume that those are all controlled via score motor switches via the targets on rollover. Each time you hit a target, it's going to move the score motor 120 degrees. Gottlieb used the ability of the score motor to rotate 120 degrees to do alternating features like this.
I assume the bagatelle is all working correctly and you can advance the sequence properly? Is that what you mean by "roll through?' That is a stepper under the playfield. If you are able to get through the sequence and get the specials lit, then the stepper is working correctly and you're just not getting lights for some reason. That could be bad bulbs, bad lamp sockets, or the stepper circuit board is dirty or the contacts aren't making good.

Right. The middle and bottom special and advance light never work. But if I get juice to them by a jumper they work fine.
All bagatelle lights, sequence and scoring work fine.
I'll try cleaning the contacts on the stepper circuit board again.
Thanks!

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Is the game configured for 3- or 5-ball play?
That section of the schematic is a little complicated without knowing the 3- or 5-ball setting, but I would start by inspecting the make/break switch at motor position 3E. It will be right on top and easy to see. There should be an or-blk wire on one tab and a br-blk wire on the other. Make sure the switch is changing state and the contacts are clean. Also check to see if any wires are broken off at the tab ends. Let us know if that helps.
Lee

Bingo!
Make/brake it was.
Now playing & lighting 100%
Thanks all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider embryonjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlantis-not-spottingilluminating-the-targets-correctly?tu=embryonjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.