View topic image gallery

image-A19_(resized).jpg
atl5_(resized).jpg
atl4_(resized).jpg
atl3_(resized).jpg
atl2_(resized).jpg
atl_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

There is a Atlantis that is on auctionzip the cab and playfield are in good from the looks of one picture but the head is upside down on concrete and looks like it has black mold on it.

#2 7 years ago

Do you have a link for that auction? Is it a Gottlieb Atlantis or Bally?

Thanks

#3 7 years ago

Thank you for the news update......

#4 7 years ago

Nice collection Mcshaney. If you ever get tired of that Strange World LMK

#5 7 years ago

Hoover's Auction. Hoov, that must be a sign. It's close to Boilerman's territory, and many others I'm sure. 3 pm tomorrow.

#6 7 years ago

I e-mailed and they posted a couple more pics to the site. It's missing the backglass. Pics still not great, but looks to be a half-moon early production game with green pop caps.

#7 7 years ago

atl_(resized).jpgatl_(resized).jpg
atl2_(resized).jpgatl2_(resized).jpg
atl3_(resized).jpgatl3_(resized).jpg
atl4_(resized).jpgatl4_(resized).jpg
atl5_(resized).jpgatl5_(resized).jpg
I might take the ride and try to snag it, been wanting one

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinbee:

Hoover's Auction. Hoov, that must be a sign. It's close to Boilerman's territory, and many others I'm sure. 3 pm tomorrow.

I just like to look at the pics.......

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from gottguy:

I might take the ride and try to snag it, been wanting one

Good Luck! Hope you get it and report back.

#10 7 years ago

Mold is such an over exaggerated issue. They've got people scared to death of black mold. Kill it with a water/bleach solution and it won't return.

The mold is not an issue with this one. The lack of a backglass is, because I don't believe anyone has reproduced the glass for the half moon credit unit game.

#11 7 years ago

That cabinet is screaming for some Krud Kutter...I can almost smell the smoke-yellow-residue through the screen.

#12 7 years ago

Not enough demand to do a run of early production Atlantis backglasses with the horseshoe replay unit.

If (and that's a big if) you could find someone willing to loan their early production glass to bgresto to copy the artwork that would work. The one on IPDB looks pretty good - serial No. 01110. Most guys probably wouldn't want to ship though and take a chance of getting the glass damaged.

#13 7 years ago

The Internet Serial Number Database shows one sample game (sold on ebay in 2012) - 01095 S. It looks as if the early production Atlantis on the IPDB was in the next 100 count - 01101-01200 - not a sample game but early production.

#14 7 years ago

It's a very long shot, but anyone going to the auction should poke around in case the backglass was for some reason removed and boxed up. Highly unlikely, but strange things happen at auctions.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

The lack of a backglass is, because I don't believe anyone has reproduced the glass for the half moon credit unit game.

Correct, I bought a repro BG from Ron Webb and it's definitely not for half-moon games.. like mine (01048 on IPSND). I didn't realise mine was anything special/different when I ordered the glass. I reached out to Ron asking about it but never got a reply...

#16 7 years ago

Could the game be converted over to credit wheel?

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

yes, but a mod to the light board is needed. I had a SO76 the had it done. looked like crap due to bg had the half moon window. I converted it back before I sold it

#18 7 years ago

it would be a shame to convert it. I think it would be cool to have the half moon on the atlantis. but finding a correct bg will prove difficult

if I wasn't at work today I would make the drive and put up serious cash to get it.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Nice collection Mcshaney. If you ever get tired of that Strange World LMK

Sorry hoov that's my baby I love it so much .

#20 7 years ago

Tough call. Converting it makes it just another Atlantis, but the problem finding a backglass for it makes buying it a real risk.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Mcshaney:

Sorry hoov that's my baby I love it so much .

I figured so but it never hurts to ask

#22 7 years ago

Really going to need a sample glass and that will be hard to find.

image-A19_(resized).jpgimage-A19_(resized).jpg

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I figured so but it never hurts to ask

No problem thanks for chatting.

#24 7 years ago

I would think the only hope would be to somehow get the dimensions of where the opening needs to be and see if Steve Azzam could modify the current glass, since he's done it. You'd have to know exactly where on the glass it needs to go. I don't know if the positioning of that half moon was the same from game to game where they did use that unit. It looks very close to where it is on my ACD.

#25 7 years ago

Could install a piece of clear glass in the head and trace the position with a sharpie.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I don't know if the positioning of that half moon was the same from game to game where they did use that unit. It looks very close to where it is on my ACD.

I would not be surprised to find the positioning to be common between here and the few wedgeheads that ended up with this credit unit.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I would not be surprised to find the positioning to be common between here and the few wedgeheads that ended up with this credit unit.

a quarter inch off either way will throw it off unlike the reel unit that can be adjusted
but I would agree with mike I bet they are close

#28 7 years ago

anyone know what this sold for?????

#29 7 years ago

$300 plus 6% sales tax was the hammer price. No bidder's fees.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

That would be sacrilege!

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

anyone know what this sold for?????

Uhmm. This looks like the same pin in your thread, 'Just Picked Up'. De-laminated section on the score reel panel (or old piece of masking tape), no lock, no backglass, scratched up left side coin amount plastic.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Uhmm. This looks like the same pin in your thread, 'Just Picked Up'. De-laminated section on the score reel panel (or old piece of masking tape), no lock, no backglass, scratched up left side coin amount plastic.

that is one in the same.they did not tell me i won it until a day later so i thought some else won it. i wanted to know what it went for.
to see how far my bid was
but i found out a few hours later.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

they did not tell me i won it until a day later so i thought some else won it

It is all in the Time Line. Part of the facts that we didn't have. -- Play on!!

#35 7 years ago

Did someone say Gottlieb Time Line?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlantis-machine-in-pa-on-autionzip-complete-but and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.