elf-eating-gum_(1)_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_0243_(resized).JPG
2016-02-24_18.42.51_(resized).jpg
2016-02-24_18.42.33_(resized).jpg
2016-02-24_18.42.41_(resized).jpg
2016-02-24_18.42.14_(resized).jpg
2016-02-24_18.42.28_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

2016-02-24_18.42.51_(resized).jpg2016-02-24_18.42.51_(resized).jpgHaven't done anything with the 5 1/2 ring that is behind the drops (will test a blue 4.5" from Titan though) but otherwise changed all the rubbers (except the rebound, put a new Titan silicone white there) to blue. I may end up doing the rebound as well. Thought I'd share:

2016-02-24_18.42.41_(resized).jpg2016-02-24_18.42.41_(resized).jpg2016-02-24_18.42.14_(resized).jpg2016-02-24_18.42.14_(resized).jpg2016-02-24_18.42.28_(resized).jpg2016-02-24_18.42.28_(resized).jpg

I think they go well with the blues on the table and just give it a little more color overall.2016-02-24_18.42.33_(resized).jpg2016-02-24_18.42.33_(resized).jpg

#9 8 years ago

Well, to those who mention the broke plastic, yeah, I'd love to replace it. However, I don't feel like spending $80 plus shipping just to get one plastic when that's all I need. Unfortunately, I can only find the full set at pbr.

I imagine that if they had colored rings at the time other than white, blue would possibly have been the choice and while it's not stock, neither would be a touch up. I may try a touch up but I may just get Wade's repro and let someone who knows what they are doing touch up this playfield. I do not know color matching with paints nor do I have the tools or experience to do such touch ups and I would definitely not do them for the first time on this game. I did, many years ago attempt touch ups on a 1951 Gottlieb Niagara. I had no idea what to use so used rustoleum gloss enamels paints and then tried spray poly. Wow, what a screw up that was!

Now, if anyone knows where I can reasonably buy just the single sling plastic that is broken, I would really like to replace it.

As for EM blasphemy, someone put a cool white LED behind the score reel in the BG and it looks great, gives it an aquarium feel. I may try cool white leds elsewhere as I think this game might look decent with that cool feel to match the aquatic theme. Again, it's a matter of taste, but these games are now in our homes and we should enjoy them as we see fit. Now, that plastic...

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Mark, post a pic with the room lights on. These pics are too dark to offend anyone.

LOL, I will try to get better pics. Ordering a 4 1/2 silicone blue from Titan to see if it will fit. Not sure how smaller rings would work since one would have to sit 'high' and one 'low' on the middle post. Not sure why Gottlieb didn't just use two posts in the middle and smaller rings. Not expecting Titan to produce 5" rings just yet though it would be great - there just aren't enough games to call for the price of molds. That said, he is producing t-post rubbers and those definitely aren't used on lots of playfields (though they are used on some and are used as nipple protectors on the backs of segmented digit displays.

#19 8 years ago

There isn't a 5" blue ring available but I've got a 4/5 silicone from Titan on the way. If it works I will post it. I'm also going to replace the white rebound rubber with blue

I also agree that white rings on white posts is kinda meh, in fact nice new rubbers just make the aging posts look crummy. The blue however shifts the reference point and everything looks better.

#23 8 years ago

Pink I can't do on this game.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I am most bothered by the rubber being wrapped around the center post behind the drop targets. WTF?

That's what I'm talking about with using 2 - 2 1/2" rings instead of one 5 or 5.5". It'll work but it's odd looking and not ideal. Hopefully I'll have the 4.5" silicone from Titan today or tomorrow to find out if it has enough stretch to work properly.

#32 8 years ago

4.5" silicone is just too small. Will not work Ah well, I tried. I hate to do it but I might just do the double smaller ring thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlantis-in-blue?tu=shimoda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.