• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by essmeier
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B21A67F4-F1DA-44E7-868A-B26A6C66A20A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adampdx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Newbie here with a problem and looking for guidance/suggestions. Periodically at startup I have to launch a couple of balls without a ball count starting and I just have to let them fall through the playfield without anything working until it launches into ball 1 and I can start the game. Another issue, which I assume is related, where the ball count remains the same and doesn't advance after kicking the ball back into the shooter lane, it advances with manual pressure but I can't seem to set the prong or contacts correctly to do automatically. I tried cleaning the contacts and sanding lightly with 600 grit but that just added to the problems where the right flipper seems to seize up in the upright position when I manually press the prong to advance the ball. There also seems to be multiple efforts to kick the ball through every time and I don't know if that's typical. I don't know anything really. Total amateur looking for some guidance. I've included a 2 minute video here if anybody wants to offer some advice. Thank you much!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uOqjkyncFkM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#4 3 years ago

Thanks Jason! I've been messing around with trying to bend the blades but they may be shot as you said. Once I straightened them as best I could, the flipper quit freezing up as it had before. I still can't manipulate them enough to work properly and it's still kicking out 3 or 4 times with every ball. It always has and I was told the machine was working perfect when I bought it, so it's now become a learning project for me. Any leads on where I can buy new blades? Do you think I need to buy a new kicker? I feel with more force or speed it would make enough contact to advance.

#6 3 years ago

You were absolutely right about the kicker switch. I widened the gap slightly and it's working as it should. I've actually rigged a rubber band around the leaf switch and accompanying post on the ball count switch. Temporary fix but it seems like this machine I bought is rigged all over. I definitely have a project on my hands here. I'll be looking for a replacement leaf switch there and thanks for the recommendations on where to look. The right flipper still likes to randomly flip here and there or freeze, not sure if wiring is too close or flawed. I appreciate your help, I just want to play and enjoy this machine!

#10 3 years ago

Thanks guys. Going to open her up again tomorrow and figure this out. I appreciate the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adampdx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlantis-gottlieb-ball-count-advance-problem?tu=adampdx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.