Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

046918AA-900D-4AE5-BF62-56E19A67AD8A (resized).jpeg
3284DD5E-065E-4E63-9596-63E4A36B8BF6 (resized).jpeg
F8C27F05-C2FA-4CA4-A162-B5CD9BB1288D (resized).jpeg
AtlantisDropTargetScheamticError (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I recently rediscovered that Atlantis has a unique feature where hitting two adjacent drop targets in the left target bank awards 5000 points instead of the usual 500 drop target value. I had a look at the schematic to figure out how it was done and think there might be an error in the schematic. My googling didn't find a discussion of this elsewhere.
AtlantisDropTargetScheamticError (resized).jpgAtlantisDropTargetScheamticError (resized).jpg
The C/500 Point Relay for the White drop targets should fire when any of the odd/white drop targets is hit, along with a bunch of other things. But the way it's drawn, the C relay seems to be on all the time through the normally closed Motor 2B switch in the bottom right corner.

I think a normally open switch on the C relay should be in the long vertical line between the C relay coil and the Motor 2B switch. It would complete a garden variety lock in circuit to keep the C relay active (once activated) through a complete Score Motor cycle. Another clue is that the wire color at the C relay coil (blue) doesn't match the wire color on the Motor 2B switch (yellow+blue).

Or, am I missing something and the schematic is correct as drawn?

Extra credit and appreciation for anyone who can verify that a normally open C relay switch is really there in a game.

/Mark

#2 2 years ago

I have a screenshot of the Atlantis schematic that includes that switch. The red dots are not my doing.

046918AA-900D-4AE5-BF62-56E19A67AD8A (resized).jpeg046918AA-900D-4AE5-BF62-56E19A67AD8A (resized).jpeg3284DD5E-065E-4E63-9596-63E4A36B8BF6 (resized).jpeg3284DD5E-065E-4E63-9596-63E4A36B8BF6 (resized).jpegF8C27F05-C2FA-4CA4-A162-B5CD9BB1288D (resized).jpegF8C27F05-C2FA-4CA4-A162-B5CD9BB1288D (resized).jpeg

#3 2 years ago

The schematic for my Atlantis shows exactly as JeffC's does, with the NO switch on the C relay located in the same place.

Guessing that Mark's schematic might be an early first run?

On JeffC's middle photo, I see a 12-character designation just under the name Atlantis in the lower left corner of the schematic. Does anyone know if that might designate a printing edition number or something?

#4 2 years ago

The RHM-11-22-74-369 stands for the engineer Robert H. Malvasio, the date and 369 is the game model. So yes, would be interesting to see Mark’s schematic date.

#5 2 years ago

Thanks for the clarifications. My original is damaged in just the right way to remove the lock in switch. The scan I posted above is cleaned up some but also has a self inflicted transcription error.

Interesting nugget about the signature and time stamp too.

#6 2 years ago

Other initials are:
Wayne Neyens (WEN), Roman F. Garbark (RFG), Clement Martinez (CMM)

Credit to Federico Croci at:
https://www.tilt.it/flipper_pinball/2021/02/il-mistero-dello-schema-elettrico-gottlieb/

#7 2 years ago

My copy of the schematic appears undamaged, has the same error as MarkG 's , and has the same RHM-11-22-74-369 as the others here

#8 2 years ago

I was studying this circuit so I could simulate it and offer an explanation for those who haven't seen it. The results are at:
https://www.funwithpinball.com/resources/animated-gottlieb-atlantis-dual-drop-target-scoring

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlantis-drop-target-schematic-error and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.