image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
20150809_100901.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stashyboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 8 years ago

This style replacement leg bolt bracket sounds like what you need....
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=144

Quoted from BCpinhead:

Wood glue eh?
Thanks Steve. That really jives with what I was trying to figure out. The order or sequence in which to go about the fixes. Makes sense to set up the frame where needed, glue and clamp w screws as needed. Let dry. Then tackle new corner blocks.
I'd never be able to track down 3M specialty products out here in booney-ville (but it's all good), plus you need a special gun to apply them , those 2 part ones anyways but thanks for suggesting them...I'm sure they wood be absolutely bomber as adhesive.
So wood glue and a few screws it is. Definitely need some predrilling too. Regarding the main cabinet, I was thinking of making or getting some thin alum plates to use as "backing plates" to glue on the 45 corner pieces that the legs bolt into -on mine the narrow steel threaded plates are very bent (I'll straighten them) but they have been reefed on over the years and therefore cracked 2 of the 45 wood corner brace pieces in 1/2. If I have to use a nut on very inside so be it. (The alum plates would be drilled to accommodate the leg bolts.). The cab is pretty straight and actually not loose like the backbox so really don't want to take the cracked 45s out....i know this is a short cut but ... I can feel some frowns out there... I plead the time management defence.
I
Oh yea, and bondo....why is everyone using bondo? no one uses plastic wood filler? I bought a can of plastic wood filler but maybe it is not the best to use. I can source bondo tho living in the winter salt-belt. Lol...

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

That bracket is overkill for an Atlantis.
PBR will have a more proper replacement for the leg bolt plate for your Atlantis. Include it/them in an order identifying the game it is for and they will provide it/them. I couldn't find a link on their website or I would have included it.

Yes, but he sounded like the corner needed reinforcement too. I will replace broken corner blocks and use original style brackets every time, but I don't mind the woodworking stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stashyboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlantis-cab-re-spray?tu=stashyboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.