Atlantis Bally

By Finisher604

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hey 1st time purchaser looking into getting our 1st pinball machine. Saw what seems to be a great machine with good reviews from other users for the 1989 Bally Atlantis.

I’m located in Canada so paying in USD for a machine can get pricey, this is a local machine for me.

I see the suggested value of the machine is 1500 to 2000

Would anyone of you feel a mint/excellent condition machine would be worth 2500 to 3000 Canadian?

Thanks for any input

#2 5 years ago

Any pictures of the machine to share? Have you played it?
You should check it out in person.
Cash & carry!!

#3 5 years ago

I’ve been trying to reach the owner through Craiglist and eBay no response yet though. I’d like to test it a few times before buying for sure. They claim it’s in excellent condition. The price sounds good if in working order

#5 5 years ago

1500-2000 more like it.

#6 5 years ago

Looks good I'd go for it around $1,500 USD

#7 5 years ago

Thanks for the feed backthat works out to 2500 Canadian $ on the 2000 usd side.
Not a lot of options in my Area unless we want to spend big big money. Thinking that would be foolish on a 1st buy

#8 5 years ago

Opted out of the Atlantis machine and jumped on a mint Pirates of the Carribean thanks for all your input.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Finisher604:

Opted out of the Atlantis machine and jumped on a mint Pirates of the Carribean thanks for all your input.

That's a leap.

But for a "first game" that propably has more depth to keep you entertained.

#10 5 years ago

I’ve played a hundred or so different pinballs - I’ve played this game a lot and it’s one of my favourite! This game actually has some remarkable depth to it and quite a few rules, too. Drop down targets start 5 different tasks. There are 9 targets: 3 for each ball to open up the ramp to the submarine that starts the multiball. Great feature with a popup that locks in the centre in-between the flippers, after all targets are met. I would say this game is quite addictive and a great first game to have! Also I think the price seems to be fair for a west-coast game in good condition. Very family friendly theme too if you like marine life, it’s a perfect fit for BC. I suggest you try to book some time with the owner to test play it before making any decisions. Good luck!

#11 5 years ago

The family had a big part in the decision process. Atlantis did seem like it would have been a good machine. Was just really worried about my 1st purchase being an older machine. Would rather have a lot less chance of issues till we learn more.

Quoted from Cecilia:

I’ve played a hundred or so different pinballs - I’ve played this game a lot and it’s one of my favourite! This game actually has some remarkable depth to it and quite a few rules, too. Drop down targets start 5 different tasks. There are 9 targets: 3 for each ball to open up the ramp to the submarine that starts the multiball. Great feature with a popup that locks in the centre in-between the flippers, after all targets are met. I would say this game is quite addictive and a great first game to have! Also I think the price seems to be fair for a west-coast game in good condition. Very family friendly theme too if you like marine life, it’s a perfect fit for BC. I suggest you try to book some time with the owner to test play it before making any decisions. Good luck!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That's a leap.
But for a "first game" that propably has more depth to keep you entertained.

Ya it was a major leap in cost and distance to travel for the pick up. However it was so worth it. Love that we went this way instead

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlantis-bally- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.