Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Magic_Mike
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3504_(800x533).jpg
    IMG_3503_(800x533).jpg
    Oz_trees.JPG
    Oz_Playfield.JPG
    Me_Oz.JPG
    image.jpg
    IMG_3400_(800x533).jpg
    IMG_3399_(800x533).jpg
    IMG_3393_(800x533).jpg
    IMG_3388_(800x533).jpg
    IMG_3386_(800x533).jpg
    IMG_1520_(800x533).jpg
    IMG_1492_(800x533).jpg
    IMG_1488_(800x533).jpg
    IMG_1481_(533x800).jpg
    IMG_1487_(800x533).jpg
    There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 11 years ago

Sounds like a great idea!

#52 11 years ago

We will have blank name tags as you come in the door on the sign in table.

Also a big thank you to those who have already let us know the games they will be bringing but like always this event needs your support so if you can bring a game to play or have been thinking of selling one let us know.

Thanks again,
    Tim

#53 11 years ago

Tim,

We cant thank you enough for what you and the guys have done in putting all of this together! It'll be a great FLIPPING networking event, for sure!

For those bringing games, what time are you loading in? Not sure if I can make it by 8 on Friday night, so I may be a part of the early saturday morning crowd.

#54 11 years ago

Saturday isnt a problem to unload at all. Just opened up Friday since a few guys were bringing more than one game and needed to make multiple trips they can do one trip on Friday and then Saturday morning they can unload and stay.

#55 11 years ago

I have the SS on the site though I might trade it in next day or so. I will be bringing 4 pins myself.

#56 11 years ago

I have the SS on the site though I might trade it in next day or so. I will be bringing 4 pins myself.

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Ok! When you coming?

#58 11 years ago

Lol. I told you - you are too far!!

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Fine! You want me to come to you? Is that the only holdup?

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

I'm just messin with ya! However, if you are interested in my 2 and want to trade, I'll bring them to the swap meet! That way, there'll be 3 extra pins for people to play!

#61 11 years ago

I might try to make this as it would be my first pin-related event since I started this hobby a little under a month ago. Is this event appropriate to bring my 9 and 10y.o. boys?

Also, any suggested hotel that other pinsiders will be staying at?

Darin

#62 11 years ago

Is it worth going to?

I'm 146 miles away (2 hours 14 minutes) in Alabama and could bring a game or two in my Express cargo van.

When I lived in Arlington Heights, IL I used to bring games to the Expo just about every year. I would also bring parts for sale.

The only thing I see for sale at this though is "used playfield glass".

Hopefully there will be more than just that.

Who pays for freakin' used playfield glass?

How much does it cost?

lol

#63 11 years ago

I would look at the pics on the webpage of 2012. that's basically what it is.

http://www.atlantapinswap.com/?page_id=395&wppa-album=3&wppa-photo=305&wppa-occur=1

However, i have a feeling with the first Annual Southern Fried Pinball Tournament we're going to get the best turnout ever. Should be a lot of fun.

There are always a good amount of vendors that show up as they everybody can buy & sell without having to buy booth space -- thanks Tim.

I'm trying to figure out the best (cheapest) way to get my CFTBL over there without owning a truck/van/SUV.

see ya in a few weeks!

#64 11 years ago

Hey Pinbell. Bring'em buddy I've got 4 more to trade! I'm bringing my:
    Dealers Choice, Meteor, NBA Fast Break and Night Moves (cocktail) too.

#65 11 years ago

A few folks have asked about hotels in the area so we have added a list of a few nearby on the web site.
    Thanks
    Tim

1 week later
    #66 11 years ago

Ok folks we are now only 3 weeks away from the Atlanta Pinball Swap Meet. If you are planning to attend the swap meet or want to be part of the tournament please register on the web site.
    Also if you have decided to bring a game for play or sale you can let us know through the web site as well.

Thanks for all the support.

Tim

#67 11 years ago

Bump for the Atlanta pinball swap

#68 11 years ago

Looking forward to this again! Always a lot of fun to meet new faces in the hobby!

#69 11 years ago

Be sure to fill out the registration form with any info about games you'll be bringing to buy/sell. We'll post them on the for sale page and people who are looking for them will know they will be there.

#70 11 years ago

I hope to make it and will bring my star trek DE for play and F-14 for possible trades.

#71 11 years ago

Thanks, web site has been updated. If anyone else is planning to attend or bring games for play or sale just let us know and we will keep updating the web site so others can see what will be at the event.

Look forward to seeing everyone!!!

Thanks for the support.

Tim

#72 11 years ago

Bob - update your page, you own 3 pins now. lol

awarner - I am only bringing Dealers Choice, Meteor and NBA FB, for play/sale.

No SS (traded away), Night Moves (keeping) or Stingray (keeping). Sorry, please update site.

Thanks and see you there!

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

awarner - I am only bringing Dealers Choice, Meteor and NBA FB, for play/sale. No SS (traded away), Night Moves (keeping) or Stingray (keeping). Sorry, please update site. Thanks and see you there!

I took care of it - Thanks for supporting the show! If anyone wants to PM me games they are bringing, I can do it that way as well. Make sure to let me know if the games are for sale or just to play.

Thanks,

Al

#74 11 years ago

I may be intereted in 'trading UP' my F14 ...possibly for something superhero ish, (spidey? or ...
    or sexy ish, (playboy/baywatch, etc) . I like my F14 but I don't love it....will entertain offers.

#75 11 years ago

I'll have Twilight Zone and Big Brave for sale and my "Tricked Out with everything except LEDs because I hate them as GI and feature lights" AFM to play.

#76 11 years ago

Now just 2 weeks away!!!!!

Thanks again for all the support.
    Tim

#77 11 years ago

Here's some video I shot at last year's event. It gets bigger every year, and there are some great deals to be had.

Sorry about the mobile link, posting from my iPad.

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I might try to make this as it would be my first pin-related event since I started this hobby a little under a month ago. Is this event appropriate to bring my 9 and 10y.o. boys?
    Also, any suggested hotel that other pinsiders will be staying at?
    Darin

It's very appropriate for kids, totally family-friendly! Check out the vid in my post above.

#79 11 years ago

Stoked about this year! I have a good feeling that it's going to much bigger than last year! Can't wait!

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Here's some video I shot at last year's event. It gets bigger every year, and there are some great deals to be had.
    » YouTube video
    Sorry about the mobile link, posting from my iPad.

Hey that's my Magic! That was a gorgeous game, should have kept it!

1 week later
    #81 11 years ago

Ok folks just one more week to the Atlanta Pinball Swap Meet. Looks like we are going to have a great turn out.

Also don't forget the tournament so be sure to sign up for that. Remember half of all the money for entry will go to the Atlanta Food Bank plus we have some great prizes that have been given from our tournament sponsors: Marcos Specialties, Pinball Inc. and Rottendog Amusements!

If anyone has any questions please let me know.

I look forward to seeing everyone next Saturday!!!!

Tim

#82 11 years ago

Do you have to be there right at 10 AM to do the tournament? We're driving over 2 hours to get there and trying for 10 AM but don't know what traffic will be and didn't want to sign up then miss out if we're a little late.

#83 11 years ago

I will have a nice Tron Pro modded to the max for sale plus the Hemi Edition ACDC Pro will be for sale this show. I could not sell it at the Louisville show but I sent him two more ACDC Pro to be made up by him. Come see and play this Great Face Edition. Yes I will have Wizard of Oz also.

#84 11 years ago

Qualifying for the tournament is from 10- 1 so you should be fine.

#85 11 years ago

Hemi's ACDC Pro is a sweet machine, has to be played to be believed. Glad I get another shot to play it. Thanks Buddy.

This year looks like the biggest & best Pinswap yet. I'm trying to get some non-pinheads from work to check it out.

#86 11 years ago

Here is my list of pinballs I could bring with small deposit to the ATL swap meet and yes I am even included the selling prices. Yes I hate selling but I have a large tax bill to pay again. Its the final one for me as this is for 2012 If anybody wants to see that tax bill, I will be glad to share. I would not be selling otherwise but I would hate to put that on 3 credit cards and be reminded of it each and every month and pay interest. I wish it was something better like weight loss surgery or a new car but it is what it is and I am proud to live in the USA and call myself a business person!

Hulk LE with FF sub, Laseriffic and Invisiglass (a must to help with the green glare) 6700 or 6200 without extras. Was at my cinema for side by side comparisions with WOZ on test. Hulk earned 180 for 4 weeks of testing, rest of plays in mancave. Not on showroom as I plan to keep it but just in case someone is interested I am letting them know it could be in play.

Spiderman (traded with ChadNC thru Hooked) 6000 Not playing it as much with the improved Xmen code and would like to see it go to a good home.

ACDC Premium 6200 NIB

ACDC Pro 4300 NIB

ACDC Pro Ultimate Great Face Edition or Hemi Edition--Many many extras and mods 6000 You got to see this one for yourself and judge how awesome it is.

Tron Pro 3D with mods 6200 Great condition. Over 7k invested with mods remember at one point they were 5200 new in box when it was the "last run" I was able to make a good deal on trade and I am not trying to make a large profit on this deal. See trade thread for pics, comes with 2.0 arcade game instead of 2.1

EATPM (Old Elvira) 2500 I had it since new but it was routed as thats what we did back then. Nice original condition, owned since new traded to Don H in JC TN and made the trade for it back as I missed it bt let SS go to TEEKEE. I enjoy the older Elvira pin more. Great if not the best system 11 pin, but there are so many good ones from that time frame.

CV 7000 This is the one I purchased from jaimmy127 back in Nov 2012. I wanted to upgrade this pin and this is a sample with home rom. This one is in was better than the one I sold for 5500. I am trying to say its not a 11k HEP condition but its sure better than most route ones and at 7k its priced to move. I saw a really bad looking one sell for over 5k at the auction and it didnt even work.

Wizard of OZ (standard edition) Great show pricing! You must be at the show and be able to pay half down but you will like the price! No PM will be answered on this one, just show up and a check is ok as it will be delivered later this Summer and you pay the balance then upon delivery. Don with pinballs on the move is going to make a super special delivery deal for everyone down South. Lets make this show one of the best! The South has much to offer and I hope the show organizers get a great turnout! I know the two machines I took to Louisville were the "hits" of the show and now both those machines will be loaded up Thur and will make the trip. WOZ will have the very latest code as Jack is sending me an update Wed before leaving! Exciting times for the show!

If you are interested in another title just PM me as I might have it and may sell it, I can not hurt to ask at all.

Thanks for looking and I see you at the SWAP next weekend! This will also be posted in a separate forum post.

Buddy
    Mountain Entertainment
    Doughslingers---Ebay and Pinside handle

#87 11 years ago

Since Demolition Man 2000 will be there, I'll go ahead and list the Revision 1 software ruleset that will be at the show so those of you who are pinsiders (and geeks) can know what to expect. I will also have rulesheets at the show for your reading pleasure! I can't wait!

Skillshot
    There are 2 skillshots in the game. The first is achieved by launching the ball at the correct time so that the ball hits the bouncing cube on the right freeway at its lowest point. Hitting the cube awards a random award.

The second skillshot is achieved by shooting the side ramp from the upper left flipper off the ball launch. The award is 5M for the first, 10M for the second and so on.

Computer
    The computer is lit at 2 combos and every 10 combos after that. Shooting the side scoop when the computer is lit awards a random computer award.

Multiball
    Complete the 5 yellow standup targets to light quick freeze on the right inlane. Hitting the right inlane when quick freeze is lit will lite the quick freeze feature on the left ramp. Shooting the left ramp will award a ball lock (freeze). Completing all freeze lights on the center playfield lights multiball. Multiball is started via a shot to the left loop.

Car Chase Mode
    The car chase mode is started by crashing the two cars on the left side of the playfield into one another. Once the mode is started, shooting the left and right ramps consecutively (twice) will award the Car Chase award and complete the mode.
    NOTE: During this mode, ball trapping is disabled, so the ball cannot be held on the flipper for more than 1 second.

ACMAG Mode
    ACMAG mode is started by charging the ACMAG to 100% via hits to the pop bumpers. Once the mode starts, repeated shots up the middle will award points. 15 hits or more completes the mode. This is a timed sequence at 30 seconds.

Mystery Mode (Welcome to San Angeles)
    This mode is awarded randomly via the computer. This is a 20 second timed sequence in which the flippers are inverted (release to flip). Shots can be made all across the playfield to collect achievements and bonuses.

Simon Says
    This mode is awarded at the claw or randomly via the computer. Shoot the shots that Simon tells you to shoot. Complete this mode to advance to round 2 of the mode where the flipper buttons and handles must be used appropriately as indicated on the screen to award maximum bonus points.

Explode
    Explode lamps are lit by shooting the side scoop when nothing else is lit on the side scoop. Hitting a lit explode lamp awards 2M per shot and is reset at the beginning of each ball.

Claw
    The cryo-claw can start multiple modes when lit. Complete 2 retina scans to light “Light Access Claw” on the left inlane. Once the claw is lit by shooting the left inlane, a shot to the right ramp gives access to the claw.

Control the claw using the side handles and thumb buttons to release the ball. Awards are given based on where the ball is released at the claw.

Arrows
    Awarded randomly at the computer. Each shot to a lit arrow scores a 2M “laser millions” bonus.

Achievements
    The following achievements can be collected throughout the game.

Bonus Multiplier
    Multiply the bonus by a given amount (1-9)

Call for Backup
    When the ball is draining down the side (or down the middle if you’re quick), press the launch button to save the ball.

Thanks guys!
    -- Jimmy

Post edited by Compy : Formatting, bleh!

#88 11 years ago

Another possible pin I could bring is this very nice Corvette. Very rare to see the drop targets and shifter. Cabinet very nice I add pics later tonight but here is some of the playfield.

Thanks for looking! PM me an offer.

IMG_3348_(800x533).jpgIMG_3348_(800x533).jpg IMG_3346_(800x533).jpgIMG_3346_(800x533).jpg IMG_3366_(800x533).jpgIMG_3366_(800x533).jpg IMG_3369_(800x533).jpgIMG_3369_(800x533).jpg IMG_3368_(800x533).jpgIMG_3368_(800x533).jpg

#89 11 years ago

Stoked about it! I'm not sure which game we're going to bring...

#90 11 years ago

I'm looking forward to playing Wizard of Oz.

#91 11 years ago
    Quoted from Skrippy:

Stoked about it! I'm not sure which game we're going to bring...

Which of the ones you guys have are candidates?

If Heavy Metal Meltdown is an option, I vote for it. I've never played one and could use it to test some 6803 displays I have left over

Ray

#92 11 years ago

Due to the overwhelming interest in the Tournament, we have extended qualifying until 2pm with finals starting at 2:30. Please check the updated web page for more information and more detailed rules: http://atlantapinballleague.org/index.php/southern-fried-pinball-tournament/

#93 11 years ago
    Quoted from abcdelmrs:

Which of the ones you guys have are candidates?
    If Heavy Metal Meltdown is an option, I vote for it. I've never played one and could use it to test some 6803 displays I have left over
    Ray

Ray, man. I'd love to. But after it's accident... I still don't know what to look for to fix it... It frankly has me stumped. I'm drowning in this 6803 sea. It's bad.

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from Skrippy:

Ray, man. I'd love to. But after it's accident... I still don't know what to look for to fix it... It frankly has me stumped. I'm drowning in this 6803 sea. It's bad.

Bummer. I didn't even open http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/too-much-voltage-and-too-little-knowledge until I searched for posts you may have made about the problems with the game. I wouldn't have been of any help anyway. Never saw that problem with any of the 6803s I've had. I hope someone is able to help you out with it.

#95 11 years ago

Thanks to everyone who is supporting the Swap Meet and Tournament.....It looks like it is shaping up to be a great turn out!!!!!

Tim

#96 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplayerga:

Thanks to everyone who is supporting the Swap Meet and Tournament.....It looks like it is shaping up to be a great turn out!!!!!
    Tim

Thanks for hosting Tim...

#97 11 years ago
    Quoted from vcloverjr:

Thanks for hosting Tim...

Yes, Thanks for having us back again!

#98 11 years ago

I plan on seeing a lot of you all early Saturday morning. Thanks to everyone who is contributing their time and machines to this event.

#99 11 years ago

Here a few pics of the two great pins I had at Louisville and will be bringing to Atlanta. Yes the Acdc is not for sale. Still trying to get the list finalized for the trip as I have three open spaces left for pins or even video games, just PM me please and lets make a deal.

Thanks and see you there Sat! Prices also in the pics for the show specials on the items.
    Buddy

#100 11 years ago

Here a few pics of the two great pins I had at Louisville and will be bringing to Atlanta. Yes the Acdc pin is now for sale. Still trying to get the list finalized for the trip as I have three open spaces left for pins or even video games, just PM me please and lets make a deal. Long lines to play these two awesome pins. WOZ had over 2000 balls played Sat alone, remember the code is much improved since this show. Come and see and make a downpayment on this exciting first pin from JJP.

Thanks again for allowing me to set up and show everyone the new WOZ and how awesome the ACDC PRO can be and its still cheaper than a premium and way faster. Dont let everyone tell you come out and play and decide for yourself. I look forward to seeing you Sat! Prices also in the pics for the show specials on the items in the next post.
    Buddy

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlanta-pinball-swap-meet-april-27-only-weeks-away-now/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.