1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by remf
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Just curious if there is any type of Atlanta Pinball League? I have a couple of friends that love to play, I am the only one that has any games. I know it is hard to find bars with games, maybe other people have some suggestions or could point me in the right direction? Thank you for any help!

#2 1 year ago

Yes, there is, but I'm not really sure how many of the folks frequent pinside. Are you signed up for the GAPAS list? If not, it tends to be a better location for Atlanta area stuff.

#3 1 year ago

There are two active leagues in Atlanta, both are played at private locations. Make sure you check out the IFPL site for a list of all leagues and tournaments in the area.

APL - Third Saturday of the month, 24 players. Group match play.

Atlanta Head 2 Head - Played Thursday nights, 12+ players. Head to head match play.

I am the AH2H Director, so shoot me a pm if you are interested in playing. Our next session starts in August.

#4 1 year ago

pinball in Atlanta is like Fight Club...

1. You don't talk about Atlanta pinball
    2. You don't talk about Atlanta pinball

I think it's a secret society where little gnomes come in and steal machines that were on route just so there is nothing to play and you have to go to someone's house.

Quoted from Black_Knight:

There are two active leagues in Atlanta, both are played at private locations. Make sure you check out the IFPL site for a list of all leagues and tournaments in the area.
    APL - Third Saturday of the month, 24 players. Group match play.
    Atlanta Head 2 Head - Played Thursday nights, 12+ players. Head to head match play.
    I am the AH2H Director, so shoot me a pm if you are interested in playing. Our next session starts in August.

Are either of these super competitive? I'm looking more for a drinking club that has a pinball problem rather than a group of pinball purists

#5 1 year ago

Thank you everyone for the responses! I am going to look into all of these, very excited to find other Pinball folks here in Atlanta!

#6 1 year ago

In my view the environments are pretty laid back, but YMMV. Definitely some drinking going on.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

pinball in Atlanta is like Fight Club...
    1. You don't talk about Atlanta pinball
    2. You don't talk about Atlanta pinball
    I think it's a secret society where little gnomes come in and steal machines that were on route just so there is nothing to play and you have to go to someone's house.

Are either of these super competitive? I'm looking more for a drinking club that has a pinball problem rather than a group of pinball purists

I am with this guy...I just want to play...

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Paul1478:

I am with this guy...I just want to play...

Same

1 month later
    #9 1 year ago

I'm up for a non-competitive group, too. Looks like maybe there's enough critical mass from this thread to try to meet up somewhere that has at least a couple of games (e.g. Manuel's Tavern)?

#10 1 year ago

I would be interested in joining as well. Us addicts need to stick together!

#11 1 year ago

See that? Wesh went from inquiring on Pinside a month ago to spanking people on my Rocky and Bullwinkle this week! Btw, Wesh is a great guy I have found.

We are somewhat knowledgable and competitive about the silver ball but also plenty laid back for casual players.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballBJB:

I'm up for a non-competitive group, too. Looks like maybe there's enough critical mass from this thread to try to meet up somewhere that has at least a couple of games (e.g. Manuel's Tavern)?

There are lots of cool players with pins in Ga. who would be glad to host peeps for casual play. They do it often.

#13 1 year ago

Thanks dbaum88 you are a pretty great guy also! Everyone the people I have met playing have all be really nice and I have had a blast!

#14 1 year ago

You and the other new players have been a blessing for our league. The "new blood" has really spiced things up!

2 weeks later
    #15 1 year ago

Are there any new meet ups happening anytime soon? I would love to attend if possible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.95
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 30.00
    $ 189.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinbotz
    $ 14.95
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 149.00
    $ 29.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside