5A33A74E-F205-42DB-BEE6-E817F609040A (resized).jpeg
09007AFB-164E-4038-BD4D-98FE9C746EB5 (resized).jpeg
27C77B5A-39EC-412A-B9E9-46D872B06A6A (resized).jpeg
pinball2-10-22 (resized).png
95F90971-3254-4EF9-AFD3-80F9D78C327E.jpeg
F78F879C-B6CB-4E40-AF13-C381C74E2CE6.jpeg
6DD61A65-FDA1-4AAB-9848-E01DFEF69609.jpeg
FCD64846-7AD9-42A1-8E3F-670B3B588F28 (resized).jpeg

There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 6 years ago

*** update Nov ‘23, MPB 20+ games, TWO new ATL area locations Eventide and Tin Pin Game Bar, ~35 machines in the ATL area by 1Q24***
6+ years strong. Thanks for all the support.
Current MPB lineup 20+ games.

GB
AFM REMAKE LE
IMDN
SW COMIC PRO
GOTG
XMLE MAGNETO
TWD
BM66
TMNT
IMVE
JP STERN
TS4
MANDO
DP
GZPREM
BOND 007
VENOM
FOO
GODFATHER
CACTUS CANYON REMAKE
STH coming soon enough
Pulp coming when cgc catches up

Comics. Food. Full bar. Patio.
Tournaments
1st Thu of month 7pm
3rd Sun of month Noon

New 5 game location:
Eventide Brewing in Grant Park ATL.
Five games: MANDO TMNT GZ FOO STH
Tournaments TBD, likely Sundays

New in 2024:
Tin Pin Game Bar. 10 modern sterns. 6-7 arcades. Dedicated game bar arcade attached to Tin Lizzy’s affordable Mexican food.
https://www.disharoundtown.com/news/tin-pin-game-bar-coming-to-east-cobb-in-early-2024
*** end Nov 23 update***

***original post, 2017***
Hey guys, I'm taking the next step in my pinvolution.
I'm now a licensed Georgia Coin Operated Amusement operator.
Atl doesn't have great pinball, I'm going to work on changing that.
***Update Nov 23, I changed that ***

I will not be your typical operator.
I have OCD and it shows in my games.
My games will be fully functional and clean- period.

I'll keep this thread updated. Stay tuned for more.

My Website-
https://www.atlpb.com

My Parents Basement website-
https://www.myparentsbasementcbcb.com

Pinside map links
https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/10690-my-parents-basement-avondale-estates-ga

tags:
randomkg - #the_walking_dead - atlanta - georgia - location - route - operator - TWD on location - GOTG on location - SW on location - BM66 on location - where to play pinball in atlanta itp - GB on location - IMVE on location - SW on location - barcade atlanta - arcade atlanta

twd_01 (resized).jpgtwd_01 (resized).jpg

trio (resized).jpgtrio (resized).jpg

gotg01 (resized).jpggotg01 (resized).jpg
trio2 (resized).jpgtrio2 (resized).jpg
trio21 (resized).jpgtrio21 (resized).jpg

IMG_8284.jpegIMG_8284.jpeg
#2 6 years ago

Congrats & good luck

One thing, though--games in front of that big window are probably going to fade pretty quickly....

#3 6 years ago

Ooooofff
..that window
Best of luck to you...the more operators the better.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for the window fade concerns, I'm aware and have taken some precautions! Cheers!

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks for the window fade concerns, I'm aware and have taken some precautions! Cheers!

how about swap it with that Simpsons arcade

#6 6 years ago

This is good news for Atlanta. Good luck to you!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

how about swap it with that Simpsons arcade

That and the other 4-player arcade games (TMNT, X-Men) are actually quite desirable among vid collectors.

#8 6 years ago

Talk to the owner up at giga bites cafe in Marietta. Prime location for a pin

#9 6 years ago

Congratulations on your business from one operator to another. I wish you the very best of luck. Anytime you may have a question please feel free to reach out to me anytime. I have been in the Amusement operations / Sales / Service / FEC consulting & management for the last 15 years. Also if you are in need of equipment I have tons of stuff available. My Orlando office and my Jacksonville office always has a huge variety of equipment.

Congrats on the location!

Regards,
Jonathan
Amusement Services of America

#10 6 years ago

Nice pin I've seen in person. I bought my GOT Pro from KG and it is flawless. No doubt KG will make a great operator. Good luck on your new endeavor.

Darin.

#11 6 years ago

The windoooooooooooow D: Glad to hear you've taken care of it, hopefully well! Beautiful game.

#12 6 years ago

I really hope this is the first domino to fall. No pressure KG, but atlanta needs you!

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That and the other 4-player arcade games (TMNT, X-Men) are actually quite desirable among vid collectors.

yeah, I've owned em all before. really stale in the home environment. A lot cheaper than the TWD and the art is available if he ever had to restore it for a lot less than the pin.

#14 6 years ago

KG is indeed a smooth operator and all-around good guy with a passion for pinball. May this be the first of many.

#15 6 years ago

Congrats KG! No doubt his games will be 100% and play great.

#16 6 years ago

Yup. Kevin is legit. This could work!

#17 6 years ago

Any chance you could work with Joystick and run their machines? Even if they only have three, my issue is rotation, they've had the same three games for a year+ and it's just not worth the trip. Would love to see fresh machines in there.

#18 6 years ago

Congratulations! I visit atl a few times a year and the location pinball scene has always been disappointing. Looking forward to playing your games on my next trip!

#19 6 years ago

Congratulations Atlanta needs to have more locations to escape and play some pinball.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Any chance you could work with Joystick and run their machines? Even if they only have three, my issue is rotation, they've had the same three games for a year+ and it's just not worth the trip. Would love to see fresh machines in there.

I’ve sought them out multiple times. Have had calls with them. To put it bluntly, they flaked out on me and ghosted me. No hard feelings and I’m still trying as their traffic is unprecedented.

#21 6 years ago

Notice how Kevin never mentioned 'how' he fixed the window issue? Do we have an address for this new location yet?

window1 (resized).jpgwindow1 (resized).jpg

Edit - Address is 22 N Avondale Rd, Avondale Estates, GA 30002. Will try to hit the place up during lunch next week.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I’ve sought them out multiple times. Have had calls with them. To put it bluntly, they flaked out on me and ghosted me. No hard feelings and I’m still trying as their traffic is unprecedented.

I did finally get an answer from JoyStick and they are not interested at this time.

But I have some good news.
I've entered agreement with my second location with two pins right out of the gate- Giga-Bites Cafe, thanks for suggestion GrimDog.
https://goo.gl/maps/KoBtd9Lr25Q2

I've added both a Stern Star Wars Pro and a Game of Thrones Pro model there.
my website is updated. original post is updated.

-KG
www.randomkgpinball.com

#23 6 years ago

I'm just jealous that you have anti-glare glass on a game on a route while I'm sitting here with 5 pins and all normal glass... I truly hope that glass doesn't get broken or scratched by some asshat who doesn't know what he's doing.

#24 6 years ago

I will be going to giga-bites for sure!!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

I will be going to giga-bites for sure!!

My man. Just remember, SW is there but won’t be ready for a couple more days. (Node board...)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 6 years ago

I’m at giga all the time. Pinball between magic rounds w beer will be boss

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

My man. Just remember, SW is there but won’t be ready for a couple more days. (Node board...)

Star Wars is now ready, enjoy. Still needs a one way gate, but that’s minor. It should be installed by Sunday. I’ve got super bands on the flippers as of now, may not keep them, they felt particularly crazy grippy in my test balls...

#28 6 years ago

Had lunch today at Giga Byte Cafe in Marietta, Ga. Its right off 75. Did not eat but played two great pins, Star Wars and Got Pro! Both games played flawlessly and looked great. I like the discount - 3 games for $2. Great bargain for great local pinball.

Plenty of room at Giga Bytes, the place is huge!! Friendly staff, has food, drinks. Had a blast and will return! Loving local pinball in ATL, finally.

20171004_125013 (resized).jpg20171004_125013 (resized).jpg

20171004_125006 (resized).jpg20171004_125006 (resized).jpg

20171004_124955 (resized).jpg20171004_124955 (resized).jpg

#29 6 years ago

Hey Kevin thanks for the games! David and I played them both and it was a blast ( I was 4W & 4L against the vaunted Baum today )

It's great to see games on location that aren't a P.O.S. They were F 'ing IMMACULATE !!!

I don't know a thing about Game of Thrones, but thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay. I loved the kickback under that funny looking bird in the middle of the playfield. Lots of good ramp shots and modes.

Some don't like the wide open playfield of Star Wars, but it's a long playing game, and a lot of fun. I am more of a fan of the classic Star Wars episodes, so I was really digging all the images and voices in the game! What I also like about the game is that during various modes it tells you what to do: hit three inner ramps and an outer loop for example. I am not a walking encyclopedia of rules like some guys and I really need it spelled out for me. Heck I can make the shots a lot of times - if I know what I'm supposed to be shooting at. This is a game I could see owning.

A couple of tips - these are in no way complaints: I noticed glare over each game from the florescent lights above. It was a little distracting and in the corner of the playfield, but probably can't do much about it unless you put in invisiglass in. One of the owners was cool enough to turn off the lights in that row and I could see a lot better.

Also I know you like to mod games but I don't know if you are a fan of mirrored blades. Both of these colorful, well lit games would look even more fantastic with mirror blades. They would 'pop' big time, and possibly be even more attractive than they are now.

Lastly, you picked the perfect games to put in that location. I don't see how anybody in the nerd/geek ( I say that in a loving way) clientele could resist those titles. Good Job!

If we are not careful, Dbaum88 and I may completely pay for those games, they are WAY too close to our houses!

Thanks for the invite David!

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from bobhvacguy:

Hey Kevin thanks for the games! David and I played them both and it was a blast ( I was 4W & 4L against the vaunted Baum today )
It's great to see games on location that aren't a P.O.S. They were F 'ing IMMACULATE !!!
I don't know a thing about Game of Thrones, but thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay. I loved the kickback under that funny looking bird in the middle of the playfield. Lots of good ramp shots and modes.
Some don't like the wide open playfield of Star Wars, but it's a long playing game, and a lot of fun. I am more of a fan of the classic Star Wars episodes, so I was really digging all the images and voices in the game! What I also like about the game is that during various modes it tells you what to do: hit three inner ramps and an outer loop for example. I am not a walking encyclopedia of rules like some guys and I really need it spelled out for me. Heck I can make the shots a lot of times - if I know what I'm supposed to be shooting at. This is a game I could see owning.
A couple of tips - these are in no way complaints: I noticed glare over each game from the florescent lights above. It was a little distracting and in the corner of the playfield, but probably can't do much about it unless you put in invisiglass in. One of the owners was cool enough to turn off the lights in that row and I could see a lot better.
Also I know you like to mod games but I don't know if you are a fan of mirrored blades. Both of these colorful, well lit games would look even more fantastic with mirror blades. They would 'pop' big time, and possibly be even more attractive than they are now.
Lastly, you picked the perfect games to put in that location. I don't see how anybody in the nerd/geek ( I say that in a loving way) clientele could resist those titles. Good Job!
If we are not careful, Dbaum88 and I may completely pay for those games, they are WAY too close to our houses!
Thanks for the invite David!

Thanks for playing and the feedback! Pretty easy for SW to be immaculate as it’s brand new- but rest assured it will stay that way, same with my one owner GOT. Yes some of the overhead lights are less than desirable there at Giga-bites when it comes to pins. If the location proves to be good I will get Anti-glare glass and mirror blades as I’m a huge fan of both. On that note, All of my ITP (inside the city/perimeter, a local Atl term) games will get priority when it comes to those useful visibility mods as the ITP games will likely have heavier traffic. The goal will be to add those to every game though eventually.

I expect to update this thread again in next few days with more good news.

#31 6 years ago

Stopped by My Parents Basement after work. Ordered a killer beer from ME called James Bean. It was a triple at 10.4% and so tasty I had another. Played 10 games of TWD for $7 and everything was nice. PDI glass and many mods, wow. Won 1 game and matched two others. Would love to see SW added (think Kevin said one was coming). That is the rabbit in me talking. Own one game, want another, own ten, want ten. In this case one game was good, but two will be better etc.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stopped by My Parents Basement after work. Ordered a killer beer from ME called James Bean. It was a triple at 10.4% and so tasty I had another. Played 10 games of TWD for $7 and everything was nice. PDI glass and many mods, wow. Won 1 game and matched two others. Would love to see SW added (think Kevin said one was coming). That is the rabbit in me talking. Own one game, want another, own ten, want ten. In this case one game was good, but two will be better etc.

Jeff thanks! Yeah that place has great beer and a great vibe. I’ve been super stoked to be partners with them.

Star Wars indeed is coming! I should have it moved into My Parents Basement by next weekend. Posts/website/etc will all be updated accordingly. In the meantime I’ve got it in my house, modding it, testing it and had a pretty good/funny buggy 0.89 code game while waiting for 0.91 code to download.

AAE1F8EC-DACE-4467-ADA9-57E054287C8F (resized).jpegAAE1F8EC-DACE-4467-ADA9-57E054287C8F (resized).jpeg

2DD9B734-7738-4DF7-97F5-64E0637B8C93 (resized).jpeg2DD9B734-7738-4DF7-97F5-64E0637B8C93 (resized).jpeg

#33 6 years ago

Giga bites serves beer too FYI.

Stopped in today with my boys and my oldest hit the leaderboards.

A7914640-F7EF-424F-B08A-BB2EA9F0B1B4 (resized).jpegA7914640-F7EF-424F-B08A-BB2EA9F0B1B4 (resized).jpeg

7BC60C0C-AAC5-4BF4-8EB4-89DFB6EF33F1 (resized).jpeg7BC60C0C-AAC5-4BF4-8EB4-89DFB6EF33F1 (resized).jpeg

#34 6 years ago

I wonder if I still have the high score on Star Wars?! I'm going back!

1 week later
#35 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Star Wars indeed is coming! I should have it moved into My Parents Basement by next weekend.

Awesome news about Star Wars. Is it there yet?
I’ve played your Walking Dead there and it is in great shape!
Looking forward to playing both soon.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

Awesome news about Star Wars. Is it there yet?
I’ve played your Walking Dead there and it is in great shape!
Looking forward to playing both soon.

Thanks. I just 'installed' Star Wars Pro at My Parents Basement today.

site updated and original post updated.

It plays beautifully.

Mods:
-anti glare glass
-shaker motor
-light saber flipper toppers
-mirror blade sidewalls
-lollipop side rails
-blue head molding
-white speaker backing
-colored plastic protectors
-cliffy shooter eject and Mylar
-small screen border decal
-Black super band flipper rubbers

Here I am getting a calibration game in before driving off with a tear in my eye. I love this machine!

439C6596-E130-4C1B-885A-894FE5C994D0.jpeg439C6596-E130-4C1B-885A-894FE5C994D0.jpeg

#37 6 years ago

Start ‘em young

CC609774-51B7-4270-9662-9542FCD84D0A (resized).jpegCC609774-51B7-4270-9662-9542FCD84D0A (resized).jpeg

33D1993D-B2D5-452A-8527-E22629B2266F (resized).jpeg33D1993D-B2D5-452A-8527-E22629B2266F (resized).jpeg

#38 6 years ago

This is wonderful to hear! Great job!

You might want to seek out some Atlanta philanthropist named "tom" who sells pins in the ATL. He's extremely successful and could probably boost your biz!

Just kidding about Tom. I've heard he's actually ATL's Pinball psycho/misanthrope!

#39 6 years ago

My Fathers Basement (MFB) Report -

I Ruled the Universe! - today on Star Wars pro at MFB. Well it felt like that at least, when I played 13 games for $6. Game total included 3 free games + 1 match. SW was in pristine condition and played perfectly. I had three balls hop the flippers, likely due to my exuberance, but maybe the flipper rubber can be raised a few mm. Heard another pin is on the way too, so MFB will soon have (3) hot pinball machines to play - TWD, SW & now BM66. Waiting for announcement from @randomkg to learn if BM66 is a LE.

#40 6 years ago

it's true. I just added my third pin to My Parents Basement! It now has a killer trio and by far the best, nicest trio in Atlanta. Batman '66, The Walking Dead, and Star Wars. All tuned properly with some tasteful mods and anti-glare glass. Website and original post updated. I've now placed 5 games in the wild in Atlanta.

trio (resized).jpgtrio (resized).jpg

#41 6 years ago

Away from the window also. Nice!

#42 6 years ago

A killer trio for sure - Batman '66, The Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Don't underplay the comic book section arcade vibe - no better titles (until future expansion adds more).

Even better is that all games have drink holders, so you can keep a close eye on your favorite tap beer. Some games even sport a guest (2nd) drink holder.

1 week later
#43 6 years ago

Went to My Parents Basement today. Very cool setup allowed us to play a few games and have a beer. Loved the quality of the machines and it was great having three there together. Batman was definitely my favorite, although TWD played really well. Star Wars was tough because I just kept draining balls, but that's probably me.

Thanks and we had a great time. Will be back!

#44 6 years ago

just curious is the crime really bad there or something? I don't see those lock down bars being used much anymore.

One time I went to an establishment with a POTC and it only accepted quarters. Sucked, I was able to get a few dollars in quarters from the counter, but past that.

Might be an idea to look into getting a DBA or Payrange if your going to keep the lockdown bar. Unless you have a coin changer on location. I have some vending machines and as soon as I added a credit card reader my sales increased 30%. The more ways you have to pay the better off you'll be. On my pins the payrange seems to be primarily used by the more avid pinball players. Not sure it was worth the investment, but its nice to have a way to discount the games on certain days.

best of luck.

#45 6 years ago

It’s a no drill type lockdown bar. Pretty sure the games have a DBA also. Maybe two of the three anyway.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

All tuned properly with some tasteful mods and anti-glare glass.

I still can't get over the anti-glare glass on 5 routed games. That's enough $ in glass to buy another game. I can't even justify 1 piece of $300 glass for my 4 games... you are def doing it right!

#47 6 years ago

I'm in town for business and plan on hitting My Parents' Basement tonight to check out the games around 7. If anyone else is around feel free to say hi and explain SW strategies to me.

#48 6 years ago

I swung by Giga-bites tonight and dropped a few dollars in the pins. Great playing machines. My first time on Star Wars Pro. I had played a dozen or so games on an LE before, and I think I actually prefer the Pro. I take it this location may not be seeing much play though? I got GC with a fairly lousy 650ish mil. Managed to finish light saber duel that game too, fun mode.

Oh, and I think you may have a trough opto issue on GOT, I had a ball drain and not register for a couple minutes. I tilted (gently, LOL) and was about to give up, though it finally woke up and played ok for a couple more games afterwards...

For anyone else in the area, there is also Suburban Tap bar/grill 10 minutes or so away, that currently has a Kiss Pro - if you want a nicer place to get dinner and some beers after playing at Giga-bites.

#49 6 years ago

Giga has beers

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Giga has beers

Yeah, it just isn't as nice a place to eat and drink as a full bar and grill. But obviously that isn't the main purpose at Giga-bites.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 26.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlanta-ga-new-operator-randomkgpinballcom?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.