IMG_2907[1] (resized).JPG
11482C91-235D-421B-98C3-ABEAA446C268 (resized).jpeg
F06C59F5-182D-4BA7-9B8E-3279072E7BAA (resized).jpeg
20210224_113022[562] (resized).jpg
20210224_142439[560] (resized).jpg
F22CD138-8B48-4EAE-ABBE-2F68ABF8FBDC (resized).jpeg
20210128_221138 (resized).jpg
CE091BBA-8F64-4B39-8B3E-9150BF502457 (resized).jpeg
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I'm curious to know if any fellow Pinsiders have picked up this multi arcade. I've been very happy with it so far, the whole family is enjoying it. It's cool to see weekly firmware updates with new features and ways to play games on the ALU. I'm having some issues getting certain games to play like Golden Tee, but for the most part it's a decent alternative to a mame cabinet.

The only modding I have done at this point is replaced joysticks with Sanwa brand and turned the kickplate around so the list of games on front is hidden. Might want to add some side art if I can find something that fits well.

Owners/prospective buyers, what are your thoughts on this cabinet?

1 week later
#2 4 years ago

I did not realize these were still unavailable and sold out. Hopefully they are back in stock soon.

For those of you who already have an ALU or are interested in picking one up in the future here is a video that I found helpful when adding my own game roms.

1 month later
#3 4 years ago
CE091BBA-8F64-4B39-8B3E-9150BF502457 (resized).jpegCE091BBA-8F64-4B39-8B3E-9150BF502457 (resized).jpeg
#4 4 years ago

This thing is cool. Have you successfully made any usb roms to add games? I’ve watched a couple vids on it and it but I’m no technogenius. I want to add timepilot and defender.

#5 4 years ago

Congrats on the pickup. Everyone in my family has been enjoying this. Yes, I have been making game packages with mixed success. I currently have about 200 working games but not every rom seems compatible so there are some notable holes in my addon key.

#6 4 years ago

Do you need to format a new usb any particular way before adding? That video is great. I d/l all the stuff, going to try tomorrow to add some games. You have any specific site you find roms on?

#7 4 years ago

I have it and spent many hours with it. It’s a good machine but the cabinet is flimsy. It will play pretty much every 80s and 90s rom. You need to make them uce files but it is easy. Also the trackball works great for golden tee and world class bowling. They added support for light guns and some games work. I can answer any questions you may have.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Kmoirkne:

It will play pretty much every 80s and 90s rom.

Is there a trusted source for roms you recommend? The video linked above explains everything pretty well, but I don't think mentions where to grab the roms.

#9 4 years ago

Not entirely legal, so probably not wise to post URLs. If you google search you will find many sites, I happened to find a good emulation site on this planet that did not have annoying popups.

Nice recommendation on the world class bowling. I had never played that before. I'd have to say Klax gets the most overall play here but my youngest also likes shooters like Bells & Whistles, and any game that involves punching.

Some of the classic games I just cannot seem to get working like Qix. I have mame 2003 and 2010 but perhaps there is something else needed? Other games have wonky sounds, missing sounds or are just too difficult to control. Still there are a good number of games that are very compatible.

There has been a recent update for people who are handy with raspberry pi to connect directly into the hdmi port, no bluetooth needed. They keep coming out with firmware updates for this every week which is awesome.

#10 4 years ago

Anybody recommend a core that will work for king of fighters? 2002 or 2003?

#11 4 years ago

Turns in to virtual pinball!

2 weeks later
#12 3 years ago

I've been looking for weeks for one of these in stock; must be in crazy back order.

Anyone seen any videos on cleanly mounting a raspberry pi internally to one of these?

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I've been looking for weeks for one of these in stock; must be in crazy back order.

They were back in stock briefly at sams club. Walmart had a preorder link when they were out last time...that’s what I did. I think at games website had a preorder as well.

#14 3 years ago

I picked mine up on CL and saw one other since then for a decent reduced price... definitely check local sources along with the chains. It's a pretty amazing cabinet even for full retail price.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They were back in stock briefly at sams club. Walmart had a preorder link when they were out last time...that’s what I did. I think at games website had a preorder as well.

I'm not seeing any preorder links anymore, just an option to be notified when they're back in stock. maybe I'm missing something? Anyway, I'll keep my eyes peeled. I see arcade 1ups for cheap everywhere on Craigslist but haven't seen these ALU's come up at all in the north/midwest.

Has anyone here mounted a raspberry pi elegantly inside their cabinets or is a simple USB stick with the games you want good enough?

7 months later
#16 3 years ago

Just a heads up if you want to get in on their virtual pinball release, reservations open today. Many are speculating it will be just as difficult to find.

https://www.atgames.us/collections/arcade/products/legends-pinball-ha8819-reservation

#17 3 years ago

Just picked one of these up in Canada. Any suggestions on how to add games? Will start watching the many You Tube videos on the subject. Thanks for the help!

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Just picked one of these up in Canada. Any suggestions on how to add games? Will start watching the many You Tube videos on the subject. Thanks for the help!

Just added the V4 Coinops to the Ultimate Arcade. Gives you another 1,500 games for free. Thanks Rob_G for the help getting it working! Finally got Defender working. Makes it a big improvement as a lot of the standard games are crap.

#19 3 years ago

For those asking, here is the link to the V4 CoinopsX files. You need a minimum 64GB USB to download the games. You also need to partition the USB to have two separate drives on it. Here is a video as well to explain how to partition the USB for the Atgames Ultimate Arcade. The arcade is a little fussy with the USB once you get the files installed. You seem to have to mount then unmount it before it will work. But once you get it working, it seems to work every time if you leave the USB in the slot. You also need to install AddonX from the Atgames site.

Instructions to install the coinops files are in text files in this link.

If you have any questions, post them here. Thanks.

https://archive.org/details/getsauceywithcoinopsX_Arcade_V4

#20 3 years ago

Great info here, thanks! I just picked one of these up at Sams Club last week and can't wait to try and mod it. Keep an eye on your local Sams Clubs as those cabinets also include the pinball buttons.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from number_runner:

Great info here, thanks! I just picked one of these up at Sams Club last week and can't wait to try and mod it. Keep an eye on your local Sams Clubs as those cabinets also include the pinball buttons.

It takes a little playing around with and following the instructions that come with the Coinopsx files, but I eventually got it to work. I wonder if Atgames will start to include some pinball files with the game? The version they sell in Canada does not come with the pinball buttons. You have to buy those separately for $50US. They also charge $700US for the Ultimate arcade in Canada plus another 13% tax. Not much we can do about it with the US border closed.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

It takes a little playing around with and following the instructions that come with the Coinopsx files, but I eventually got it to work. I wonder if Atgames will start to include some pinball files with the game? The version they sell in Canada does not come with the pinball buttons. You have to buy those separately for $50US. They also charge around $700US for the Ulimate arcade in Canada plus 13% tax. Not much we can do with the borders closed.

1 month later
#23 3 years ago

Ok. I'm a complete moron when it comes to this stuff. I picked up one of these from a guy that already had a stick loaded with 1500 additional games.
When I played it at his house, it had a menu screen that had the alphabet off on the right side so that you could select the letter you wanted to start with and scroll through the games that began with that letter. Once it was at my house, I can't figure out how to get back to that screen with the alphabet. I have to scroll through the menu starting with "A" and shows ten games at a time on the screen. Very annoying. I also thought he opened CoinOpX to play the games but I just get a message about loading the flash drive in slot X. I load the games through AddOnX-UCE.
What am I missing here?
Thanks

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from G35R6:

Ok. I'm a complete moron when it comes to this stuff. I picked up one of these from a guy that already had a stick loaded with 1500 additional games.
When I played it at his house, it had a menu screen that had the alphabet off on the right side so that you could select the letter you wanted to start with and scroll through the games that began with that letter. Once it was at my house, I can't figure out how to get back to that screen with the alphabet. I have to scroll through the menu starting with "A" and shows ten games at a time on the screen. Very annoying. I also thought he opened CoinOpX to play the games but I just get a message about loading the flash drive in slot X. I load the games through AddOnX-UCE.
What am I missing here?
Thanks

The Z and C buttons change letters

#25 3 years ago

Right. Those will scroll through the pages. But there's 150+ pages.
I need to figure out how to get that alphabetical wheel on the right side of the screen again.

Thanks.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from G35R6:

What am I missing here?
Thanks

Go to the screen with CoinOpX is showing. Highlight it and push 'A' and it should open and then launch it and you should see the wheel on the right side. Hopefully you didn't remove the USB stick or there could be more steps to get it working. Always leave the USB in the arcade.

#27 3 years ago

Yep. Let's just say that I removed the memory stick. Is that why I'm seeing this screen when I followed your instructions?

So what are the "more steps" I need to do to get it back?

Thanks

20210128_221138 (resized).jpg20210128_221138 (resized).jpg
#28 3 years ago
Quoted from G35R6:

Yep. Let's just say that I removed the memory stick. Is that why I'm seeing this screen when I followed your instructions?
So what are the "more steps" I need to do to get it back?
Thanks
[quoted image]

Yes, this is the problem. Can you check on the USB if there are two separate drives? It should have been set up that way. You should see two letter drives on the USB, example X: and Y: The USB should have been partitioned into two separate drives. I don't want you to erase the drive if it wasn't set up the way I did it.

There are a bunch of videos on Youtube that explain the process. I will try to find one.

#29 3 years ago

Thanks for your reply.
I've watched a few of those videos but again, I'm not a big computer guy.
I'll put the memory stick in the computer and see what I get.

Thanks

#30 3 years ago

I had a chance to get this for $400 at Sams but passed it up because I already had a pi cab. Seems like you can just get a usb stick off of Etsy or eBay otherwise you have to be a PhD in software engineering to get decent games on it. Seems like a good alternative to building your own MAME cab or having someone make one. I’ve heard every update messes stuff up though.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from TheyTookOurJobz:

I had a chance to get this for $400 at Sams but passed it up because I already had a pi cab. Seems like you can just get a usb stick off of Etsy or eBay otherwise you have to be a PhD in software engineering to get decent games on it. Seems like a good alternative to building your own MAME cab or having someone make one. I’ve heard every update messes stuff up though.

If I can figure it out, you definitely don't need a PhD lol.

#32 3 years ago

Yes! Thanks for the help.
I now have that alphabetical wheel on the right side.
First, I had to save what was on the memory stick. When I went to reformat it, it said that I didn't have enough space. I guess 64GB isn't really 64GB.
Picked up a 128GB drive, followed a YouTube video and it's exactly what I was looking for.

My next question. On the CoinOpsX and AddOnX "tabs", I have #5 that goes down each day that it's played. When I hit 0, it makes me log in again.
Is this normal?

Thanks

#33 3 years ago

Has anyone had their hands on the pinball version?

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Wicked gamer reviewed it.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from G35R6:

Yes! Thanks for the help.
I now have that alphabetical wheel on the right side.
First, I had to save what was on the memory stick. When I went to reformat it, it said that I didn't have enough space. I guess 64GB isn't really 64GB.
Picked up a 128GB drive, followed a YouTube video and it's exactly what I was looking for.
My next question. On the CoinOpsX and AddOnX "tabs", I have #5 that goes down each day that it's played. When I hit 0, it makes me log in again.
Is this normal?
Thanks

Just stay logged in and should be no issue. A 64GB drive will work if partitioned correctly. The drive that stores the Atgames data doesn't have to be very big. Glad you got it working.

6 months later
#36 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Just spotted one at my local Sam's Club. Will keep an eye out for when they go on clearance.

#37 2 years ago

Just got mine delivered yesterday and couldn’t be happier. Great Value for a perfect arcade machine.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Just spotted one at my local Sam's Club. Will keep an eye out for when they go on clearance.

I too am hoping they go on clearance this year. Everyone was staying home so much last year they sold out pretty quick when they got them, maybe most people that want one got one. I would like one but I know that it won’t be played a lot, just too many other options in the basement, so I’m not looking to pay full price.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I ordered one from their website. Then I found out AtGame's own site now has it with Zaccaria table packs 1-4 for 50 bucks more!

Not that I would pay $200 for them, I'll just do without. But will be definitely checking out adding an expansion PC!

Comes tomorrow! I do still hope it comes with a coupon for the same Zacc deal...

#40 2 years ago

They are nice but the boards will fail and the support sucks. Getting replacements takes months.

#41 2 years ago

I have one, also the Gamer pro (Bluetooth pedestal style)
Love it, but has given me nothing but problems. I’m on round 3 of service tickets with them. And their responses per response to them takes 3-4 days. So the process of replacement parts ordering or how to fix something will take 1-2 months each time.
But when it works and along with the bitpixel (digital lcd marque) it’s pretty damn cool

1 month later
#42 2 years ago

Picked one up from Sams club tonight for $500. Most places want $800 and with arcade1up increasing their prices on all their games I don’t see this going down in price anytime soon so bit the bullet.
Initial impressions are that it is built much better and gives off an actual arcade vibe much better than the arcade1ups. I had a street fighter 2 when it first came out and eventually put a Pandora’s box stick on it and then sold it. Overall it was just too small. This is a perfect size, wide so that it’s comfortable playing with another person but slim so it doesn’t take up too much space. I would never be able to fit a full size arcade in the spot I have it in and I’m not willing to give up a pinball spot for it. My two girls are really enjoying it, they played fix it Felix, a driving game, Aladdin the lion king and joe and Mac for about an hour after I got it setup.
The games it doesn’t have that I want are some fighting games like street fighter 2 and mortal kombat, a bowling game for the trackball, a couple side scrolling arcade games like the Simpsons and turtles and maybe some pinball arcade games.
I see people on Etsy sell add one for this that have a few thousand games, anyone use any of these? I have zero knowledge about mames or emulators and don’t want to have to learn, I just don’t play arcades enough, this is more for my girls to play together or me to play with them.

F22CD138-8B48-4EAE-ABBE-2F68ABF8FBDC (resized).jpegF22CD138-8B48-4EAE-ABBE-2F68ABF8FBDC (resized).jpeg
#43 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Picked one up from Sams club tonight for $500. Most places want $800 and with arcade1up increasing their prices on all their games I don’t see this going down in price anytime soon so bit the bullet.
Initial impressions are that it is built much better and gives off an actual arcade vibe much better than the arcade1ups. I had a street fighter 2 when it first came out and eventually put a Pandora’s box stick on it and then sold it. Overall it was just too small. This is a perfect size, wide so that it’s comfortable playing with another person but slim so it doesn’t take up too much space. I would never be able to fit a full size arcade in the spot I have it in and I’m not willing to give up a pinball spot for it. My two girls are really enjoying it, they played fix it Felix, a driving game, Aladdin the lion king and joe and Mac for about an hour after I got it setup.
The games it doesn’t have that I want are some fighting games like street fighter 2 and mortal kombat, a bowling game for the trackball, a couple side scrolling arcade games like the Simpsons and turtles and maybe some pinball arcade games.
I see people on Etsy sell add one for this that have a few thousand games, anyone use any of these? I have zero knowledge about mames or emulators and don’t want to have to learn, I just don’t play arcades enough, this is more for my girls to play together or me to play with them.
[quoted image]

Perfect Machine. It’s not as small as the 1ups which feel cheap and small but not too bulky. I was in the same situation. Limited Space. I grabbed a thumb drive off Etsy and it has everything you could ever want. Simple Plug and Play. The kids will love it.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazzy121:

Perfect Machine. It’s not as small as the 1ups which feel cheap and small but not too bulky. I was in the same situation. Limited Space. I grabbed a thumb drive off Etsy and it has everything you could ever want. Simple Plug and Play. The kids will love it.

Very cool thanks. Do you have a specific Etsy seller you would recommend or are they all pretty much the same?

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Very cool thanks. Do you have a specific Etsy seller you would recommend or are they all pretty much the same?

I think I went with the top hit which had a lot of positive reviews. It was like 1750 games. Galaga, Mr/Mrs Pac-man, Golden Tees, Street Fighters, Mortal Kombats, all the Konami side scrollers(Simpsons/TMNT/X-men). Basically every arcade from 1980-2001.. ish. It didn’t seem to have anything too modern.

#46 2 years ago

Got mine in a store called Home Buys where they had it for $248 after tax. This unit was a display model and to be honest still so new it had the blue film protection on all the surfaces. Love it but have not attempted loading any games and likely will not as I'm not a techy guy

20210224_113022[562] (resized).jpg20210224_113022[562] (resized).jpg20210224_142439[560] (resized).jpg20210224_142439[560] (resized).jpg
#47 2 years ago

Wow just looked on Etsy and they have for $64 7,800 games.
I remember when I had a Pandora’s box arcade stick it had over 2k games and it took me days to go through them all and make a favorites list of about 100 or less and then I just hid the rest of the games.
7,800 games is just crazy. I’m going to have to look through these this weekend and see what will work best

#48 2 years ago

Wow just looked at buying the Gottlieb pinball pack for this. $100 for 22 games and I’ve already bought them all on my kindle tablet through the google play store years ago and they were not near as expensive.
Is there any way to get them on here without paying $100?

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Got mine in a store called Home Buys where they had it for $248 after tax. This unit was a display model and to be honest still so new it had the blue film protection on all the surfaces. Love it but have not attempted loading any games and likely will not as I'm not a techy guy
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great deal!
I just ordered a low profile usb with 5400+ games on it for $51 on Etsy, very highly reviewed. I know next to zero about installing games or setting up tech stuff but from my understanding it’s basically plug and play. I will post a short review about how the games play and how it was to install, navigate etc after it gets here and I have a chance to play around with it
I went with this particular usb as they offered the low profile style with no upcharge, their game list of 5400 games has everything I would want plus more so I didn’t see the need to get another 2k plus to sort through, and it clearly advertised that you can make a favorite list.

#50 2 years ago

My USB stick arrived. Step by step instructions that were easy to follow. I have no idea what CoinOpsX is or AddOnX but I know I now have 5400+ games to pick from that I can view in either of those user interfaces.
Played a ton of games with my wife and daughters tonight. I am starting to put stuff in my favorites list now but if I was tech savvy what I would really like to do is narrow down my favorites and then just have those games on a usb drive and forget the rest of them. Playing old NES games was fun and having the save slot was helpful. My oldest daughter and I played through a pretty good chunk of River City Ransom which used to be my favorite NES game growing up
The only negative I see is that you have to log in online either all the time or at least every 5 times you turn the arcade on to use CoinOpsX or AddOnX.
Is there a way I can add just some of the games I like permanently to the arcade so I don’t have to go online? I have zero interest in doing anything online with this

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atgames-legends-ultimate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.