• IM 52 votes
    47%
  • MET Prem 14 votes
    13%
  • Tron 24 votes
    22%

(111 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

legalize_(resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

(2) Too many games in the collection. After selling off a BK, I will be down to 19 pins and need to be at 18. Targeting a Borg pin - help decide which one - IM, Tron, MET or TWD. Number of games in my collection by designer - Borg (4), Lawlor(3), S Ritchie (3), Johnson (2), and one each (M Ritchie, Gomez, Eddie, Trudeau, Nordman, Oursler, Jim Patla). Lawlor, Ritchie and Johnson have long been my favorite designers. enjoying being able to add Borg to their company, but having more Borg’s than anyone else, feels unbalanced. So I was eating spaghetti at lunch today and pondering which Borg pin to sell. Initially leaning towards TWD - barely three weeks old and a blast to play, but already feel a bond to the other three.

#2 2 years ago

I think Tron is one of the most overrated games out there, so that would be my pick. Fun game, but the other three are better imo.

#3 2 years ago

I think you need to make this super easy. Sell me the Met Premium and drive down to Chicago with it to enjoy the rest of my collection so you know what to get next.

All great games, hard to see one go. I'd enjoy TWD more, great game. Which one comes up for sale more often locally?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Targeting a Borg pin and you can help decide which one - IM, Tron, MET or TWD.

Crazy talk. Perhaps something in the spaghetti sauce?

You should give it some time and perhaps you'll come to your senses.

#5 2 years ago

That's a tough one.
IM - short ball times. Can be great to keep if you have a bunch of games with long play times.
Tron - spectacular game. The sound and simple rule set keeps you coming back for more.
MET- awesome game play. Can't stand the music though.
TWD - great strategy game. Takes a while to grow on you. Read the rules though. Very deep.

For me it would be IM. You can always pick another one up cheap if you want another one. Or build an addition on to your house and add even more machines!

#6 2 years ago

Tron is fun to play and hard to find, so it is coming off the table.
MET is my favorite of the four - really the complete package, so it is coming off the table.

In my mind that leaves IM or TWD and both are fantastic games. So maybe less interested in which is better now, as much as which one best compliments Tron + MET?

#7 2 years ago

Well, I would love to have your problem... if it were me, the second BK would be gone as well.
But... that's not a Borg pin.

IM vs TWD ? Tough. Both are hard but TWD probably has more to offer. So IM would go.

#8 2 years ago

You should choose by game that you like, not by designer.
Anyway, IM would be my choice. Least original of them all.
Tron is a blast. MET became one of the most complete games ever. And TWD has avery interesting and original design, packed with a great license and rules.

#9 2 years ago

FYI - Your poll will be skewed, now that you've taken Tron and Met out.

Is it possible to change the poll to only IM and TWD?

#10 2 years ago

Easy , sell your BSD or JD. Forget about the designers, keep the best games. Sell them both and pick up a GB.

#11 2 years ago

MET is my favorite of the four - really the complete package, so it is coming off the table.
In my mind that leaves IM or TWD and both are fantastic games. So maybe less interested in which is better, as much as which one best compliments Tron + MET?

Half way back. Just say no to dumping quality games.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

You should choose by game that you like, not by designer.

That. Period.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from T7:

FYI - Your poll will be skewed, now that you've taken Tron and Met out.
Is it possible to change the poll to only IM and TWD?

all entries on poll stay. Poll measures what I should do, comments are helpful and funny and what I finally do is another matter.

Quoted from modfather:

Easy , sell your BSD or JD. Forget about the designers, keep the best games. Sell them both and pick up a GB.

Will never sell BSD. I go back and forth with JD, but it is probably too nice to sell I am intrigued by GB pro,, but wouldn't sell JD to fund it.

Keep the votes and comments coming. Who's the lone MET hater I agree that a selection based on designer is flawed. But once you see it, it's hard to unsee. Maybe my OCD, passive / aggressive nature is stronger than my willpower to ignore it.

#14 2 years ago

In my mind that leaves IM or TWD and both are fantastic games. So maybe less interested in which is better, as much as which one best compliments Tron + MET?

Well then, bye bye IM. I am saying that even though IM is one of my favorite games. I love the hard hitting action, and if I only have a bit of time, that is the game I gravitate towards. But as said above, TWD offers a bit more.

I'm a huge Borg fan, and I would be looking at other games with a very critical eye. If I had your collection (as listed) Judge Dredd and IJ would be out the door way before IM would. You still would have some yummy 90s games, AND IM.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Easy , sell your BSD or JD. Forget about the designers, keep the best games.

I agree with this. IM is Stern's BSD and it's much better IMHO.

Just read (above) that you will never sell BSD, so I'd say JD. It's a good game, but not great. I personally find the use of the great layout underutilized and disappointing. With new rules, JD could be killer. As it is, it's a fun game, but I wouldn't keep it over IM or MET.

#16 2 years ago

I thought this was one of those special marinara threads, but it's not about the sauce at all

Anyhow, keep tabs on which game gets played the least and then let go of that. If the choice is between IM and TWD I'd say TWD, although it's great it shouldn't be too difficult to find another one down the road (and IM has a bit more character IMHO)

legalize_(resized).jpg

#17 2 years ago

I would narrow it down between IM and Tron. They are similar in their fast and brutal ways. Seems Tron prices are higher and IM is more available with the newer runs. Might be easier to bring IM back in the future for a reasonable price if you miss it so I pick to get rid of IM.

edit: just read that you took Tron off the table so later IM!

#18 2 years ago

Results so far - only a few votes for MET, TWD and Tron are virtually tied and IM has more votes than the other three combined. However, IM was also the pin mentioned most frequently, not to sell. I probably play more IM than the other three, but could give it up and not feel too big a loss. Beginning to see letters form on the ouija board, but it's murky. Too early to tell so stay tuned... keep calm and keep voting.

#19 2 years ago

Jeff, I thought you had already decided to let iron man go. You shouldnt get rid of walking dead if you've only had it a few weeks.

#20 2 years ago

If you're keeping MET and IM, I'd say lose TWD. Met has the depth, IM the short ball times. TWD has both, but offers little that stands out compared to the other two.

Monger and Sparky are better bash toys than what TWD offers as well IMO. I've owned all 4 of the games you've listed and still have MET. My favorite Borg & Stern pin by far.

TWD has improved dramatically with new code since I owned one, but it's my least favorite of the four.

#21 2 years ago

I'd sell them all and start over. No harm in that.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from bam10:

Jeff, I thought you had already decided to let iron man go.

That was iron man #3. , and it is gone. This is #4.

#23 2 years ago

Which do you plat the least?

Id probably sell Tron, overhyped and as such it goes for alot right now. Not to mention its a good candidate for a VE

#24 2 years ago

MET would be out the door in my house... probably never would have been invited over... but would be the first to leave. Tron would be next.

#25 2 years ago

Tron is selling for the most over cost but TWD has the worst layout of the group and will probably drop the most in value.

#26 2 years ago

Dont sell TWD until you have beaten Horde, Siege, Bloodbath, and Terminus

#27 2 years ago

Sorry to say you are barking up the wrong tree. Those are great pins or so I heard, I would sell something else.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Dont sell TWD until you have beaten Horde, Siege, Bloodbath, and Terminus

You can't really beat some of those. Just get to them. Last man Standing on the other hand, you CAN beat. And it's not on your list.

#29 2 years ago

It's been three days, so time for an update. Found buyers for my second BK and IM, and both are in new homes. Numbers don't lie, and IM was the clear loser in this BATTLE of BORG's. Maybe it doesn't want to play nicely with the others. Did read some comments about selling JD and that started me thinking about listing it.

Then idea expanded into listing three pins (JD, WH20 and Shrek), selling one and keeping the other two. I'd like to open a future spot in the lineup.

#30 2 years ago

Stay away from the ouija board,strange shit and I'm a skeptic.

#31 2 years ago

I picked WD for perhaps a weird reason... Its the theme thats going to get stale the fastest. The show is in the process of circling the drain (find safe place, new bad guy, safe place destroyed). I think within the next few years, WD its going to have that 24 or CSI vibe to it.

Even though Tron 3 got sacked, the movie/theme has way more provenance and Disney is going to pump Iron Man in comic movies for as long as people will go. Metallica gets to stay by virtue of being the best game in the bunch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 445.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.50
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Freehold Township, NJ
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 9.95
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside