Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D13798C2-B333-4293-AD2D-BCBEBF8387DC (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    11e6052ba2812ccf4d56cd4feea4939a4c086582 (resized).jpg
    15381602674161443605098 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5118 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5126 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5130 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5127 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5129 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5133 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5134 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5131 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from creepykenny:

pretty amusing, must be a surprise that anyone could be on both forums ... naw, that could never happen

LOL...to be fair their pinball section has been anemic for years, and that's why I originally came over here when I started collecting pins. Tech expertise over there on arcade games is pretty stellar though.

5k....3k...either way you slice it for a busted one of these, it's crap. Good luck with no sale, because it sure as heck isn't going to be marketable at either price to anyone here. One of these came through Dallas a few years back, price was nowhere near 3k, my kids liked it, but it definitely was a curiosity, not something that anyone would want to own for play in their house, as it would get boring REALLY REALLY FAST.

If you want to spend stupid money on something in this form factor....just buy a Varkon. It's way more fun and is *actually pinball*. 5k for UNTESTED much less working anything less than perfectly, is just..

Can I just say it and eat the ban? Because I really, REALLY want to.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

On klov it’s considered a courtesy to post games on the forum before taking them to ebay.

It's also considered a courtesy to not point out when people are getting blatantly RIPPED OFF, as you'll get a ban for "price policing", even when examples, materials cost, and a host of other facts are presented proving that someone's just there to screw schlubs out of money...

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

Last I heard, it was ok to try and get the best price you can when selling something.

Last I heard, if you're going to ask people to believe in a ridiculous idea, then best be prepared for the fallout.

You're completely free to go tell the world that you want to make love to a sentient pizza with three wangs, but don't expect people to not say anything or give you the side eye when they find out about it. Free speech is a double-edged sword. You don't have exclusive access to the cutting side.

Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

the relationship is different

Last I checked it's still Buyer/Seller. The only reason it's any different is because you've somehow decided that the people here are dumber. It's one thing to offer a deal to your pals FIRST, but you do that under the table, man. You don't post a public ad for "bottom dollar" price you're going to accept in a public forum, then go to a HIGHLY RELATED but separate forum FIVE DAYS LATER, expect there to be no overlap, and say "Oh, it's different, so bend over and cough up 2k more for a potentially busted game" That's just what we colloquially call a "dick move".

*edit* This guy's mindset makes so much more sense to me now....he's part of a business. http://www.grinkers.com/default.aspx Should've known from the martyr attitude that he was an op or at least involved with one..

1 week later
    #82 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

Dude. You are full on attacking me here.
    If I'm standing next to you at Grinkers and we're at the counter drinking a beer... do you ever think in a million years this kind of bullshit would actually roll of your tongue? Straight up talking shit... not cool.

.....clearly you don't know me. Heh. I about got into a fight with someone at a tournament in Austin a few months ago, but thankfully we agreed it was stupid to do so.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-video-pinball-1?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.