Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D13798C2-B333-4293-AD2D-BCBEBF8387DC (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    11e6052ba2812ccf4d56cd4feea4939a4c086582 (resized).jpg
    15381602674161443605098 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5118 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5126 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5130 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5127 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5129 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5133 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5134 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5131 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Other items - for sale

Atari Video Pinball

Added: 2018-09-28 07:05:52 UTC

#2 5 years ago

If you're going to charge 4K+ for this game, you might want to try plugging it in and seeing if it works first.

#3 5 years ago

pretty cool !! never even heard of it before

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

If you're going to charge 4K+ for this game, you might want to try plugging it in and seeing if it works first.

No power at the storage facility. Gameboard shown in photo looking through coindoor. If someone wants to roll the dice at this price, great. If not, that's ok too. If it doesn't sell then I'll move the game to the shop and test it, at which time the price will be adjusted according to its operational status. This game is rarer than TZ, AF, STTNG, etc. etc.... priced well I think for a true bronze age classic that would make an awesome addition to anyone's pinball collection.

I don't have much feedback here on pinside, but I operate Grinkers in Eagle Idaho and my feedback rating on ebay is 100% with 415 reviews. Friendly and easy to deal with. : )

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

I don't have much feedback here on pinside,

Which is probably why your ad reads like an appeal to uninformed retail customers.

If you want a premium price for a below average game it should be in imamaculate condition. Rare does not mean valuable.

#7 5 years ago

I've never seen one before. Found this http://www.keithsarcade.com/video-pinball.html . GLWS

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Quadrat:

I've never seen one before. Found this http://www.keithsarcade.com/video-pinball.html . GLWS

Pretty cool with the color overlay, works better with this than most of the other overlay monochrome games.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Which is probably why your ad reads like an appeal to uninformed retail customers.
    If you want a premium price for a below average game it should be in imamaculate condition. Rare does not mean valuable.

Apologies if I've offended in some way.

I would say that your assessment of this being a "below average game" is not at all correct. This is game is a highly sought after classic.

Also, while I do understand that rare doesn't automatically translate into valuable, in this case the game is in fact quite valuable.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

No power at the storage facility. Gameboard shown in photo looking through coindoor. If someone wants to roll the dice at this price, great. If not, that's ok too. If it doesn't sell then I'll move the game to the shop and test it, at which time the price will be adjusted according to its operational status. This game is rarer than TZ, AF, STTNG, etc. etc.... priced well I think for a true bronze age classic that would make an awesome addition to anyone's pinball collection.
    I don't have much feedback here on pinside, but I operate Grinkers in Eagle Idaho and my feedback rating on ebay is 100% with 415 reviews. Friendly and easy to deal with. : )

Rarity does not mean its fun....

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

Ad listing: Atari Video Pinball

I remember playing this game at the local skating rink.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Rarity does not mean its fun....

We have one at Grinkers and it has a nice following. Most folks don't realize the game has a bump feature that you actuate by pressing down on the control panel. That changes everything. The entire panel is on springed hinges which is a pretty cool and unique feature. I personally find the game to be lots of fun. For 1978, this game seems ahead of its time and the playfield art and setup is exceptionally cool.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

This game is rarer than TZ, AF, STTNG, etc. etc....

Thats not saying much, these were all highly produced.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

No power at the storage facility.

Is there a light in your unit?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #15 5 years ago

It’s not much different than the Atari cartridge video Pinball which we’ve all played a million times. Had the “bump” feature and tilt too.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Is there a light in your unit?[quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately there isn't, I checked.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s not much different than the Atari cartridge video Pinball which we’ve all played a million times. Had the “bump” feature and tilt too.

It's wayyyy different... for the same reason we're not all just playing virtual pinball games on our computers or playstations.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

This game is rarer than TZ, AF, STTNG, etc. etc.... priced well I think for a true bronze age classic that would make an awesome addition to anyone's pinball collection.

You do know how many TZ, Addams Family and STTNG they made, right? Might want to compare it to a less common game than those.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

You do know how many TZ, Addams Family and STTNG they made, right? Might want to compare it to a less common game than those.

My comparison was value based.

If X title is going for $5,000 and is more common...

... and Y title is less common and also similarly priced...

then Y title could be perceived to be the better value of the two.

#19 5 years ago

Dang...

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

My comparison was value based.
    If X title is going for $5,000 and is more common...
    ... and Y title is less common and also similarly priced...
    then Y title could be perceived to be the better value of the two.

So everything should be more valuable than Addams Family? I'll sell you a Stern Meteor for 8K, it's a great deal!

#21 5 years ago

Try posting this on klov, you may get more interest.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Try posting this on klov, you may get more interest.

I doubt anyone on klov would spend more than few hundreds USD on it.

#23 5 years ago

On klov it’s considered a courtesy to post games on the forum before taking them to ebay. I figured I’d extend that courtesy here since this is pinball related, but all that has earned me is repeated bitch slaps.

If you’re someone that wants to be friendly, and you are aware of the current market value of Bronze Age titles, feel free to make me an offer.

Thanks.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

If you’re someone that wants to be friendly, and you are aware of the current market value of Bronze Age titles, feel free to make me an offer.

wtf is a bronze age title?

something from 3000 BC – 1200 BC ?

#25 5 years ago

Curious what the Stone and Iron age is with regards to vids?

#26 5 years ago

Bronze Age is generally pre cpu and b/w display. Although color overlays are allowed.

#27 5 years ago

OP,

I admire your cordial demeanor here.

While I "think " 5k is a preposterous price for an arcade game, I really have no idea what the true value is. So if priced accordingly, then best of luck to you!

I must say though, plug it please. A gamble should be below top price.

#28 5 years ago

A lot more than I expected, and a lot less than what the op is asking:

http://www.arcade-classics.com/exidy_arcade_price_guide.html

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from blowback1976:

A lot more than I expected, and a lot less than what the op is asking:
    http://www.arcade-classics.com/exidy_arcade_price_guide.html

To be fair, that Exidy guide has been frequently proven wrong and/or outdated. Case in point it says $1000 collector price for QBert, whereas I just recently sold mine for $2000.

#30 5 years ago

Gotta love the pinside premium as well compared to Klov:

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=436672&highlight=Pinball

#31 5 years ago

LMAO wow he really wants to give it to us. should have known with 21 posts in 4 years and 1/3 of those in this thread

maybe he will turn it on for them over there?

#32 5 years ago

I think you guys missed it. If he plugs it in and it is working the price will be adjusted accordingly. I also do not know the value, but almost 5k for untested, you may not want him to plug it in.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

I think you guys missed it. If he plugs it in and it is working the price will be adjusted accordingly. I also do not know the value, but almost 5k for untested, you may not want him to plug it in.

its only 3k over on klov and 1k on exidy's price guide

#34 5 years ago

pretty amusing, must be a surprise that anyone could be on both forums ... naw, that could never happen

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from creepykenny:

pretty amusing, must be a surprise that anyone could be on both forums ... naw, that could never happen

LOL...to be fair their pinball section has been anemic for years, and that's why I originally came over here when I started collecting pins. Tech expertise over there on arcade games is pretty stellar though.

5k....3k...either way you slice it for a busted one of these, it's crap. Good luck with no sale, because it sure as heck isn't going to be marketable at either price to anyone here. One of these came through Dallas a few years back, price was nowhere near 3k, my kids liked it, but it definitely was a curiosity, not something that anyone would want to own for play in their house, as it would get boring REALLY REALLY FAST.

If you want to spend stupid money on something in this form factor....just buy a Varkon. It's way more fun and is *actually pinball*. 5k for UNTESTED much less working anything less than perfectly, is just..

Can I just say it and eat the ban? Because I really, REALLY want to.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

On klov it’s considered a courtesy to post games on the forum before taking them to ebay.

It's also considered a courtesy to not point out when people are getting blatantly RIPPED OFF, as you'll get a ban for "price policing", even when examples, materials cost, and a host of other facts are presented proving that someone's just there to screw schlubs out of money...

#37 5 years ago

As a member of the Pinside Price Police I feel it's my duty to protect those from possibly being scammed.
    Different prices on other websites!!! Tisk tisk.
    Shameful to specifically try to take advantage of pinsiders on a forum you barely engage in.
    I'll just leave this pic here for some thought.
    -Mike

11e6052ba2812ccf4d56cd4feea4939a4c086582 (resized).jpg11e6052ba2812ccf4d56cd4feea4939a4c086582 (resized).jpg
    #38 5 years ago

Folks on klov are my brothers and sisters. I’ve been there for years. There are many friendships and many who have helped us out. So I gave them my bottom line straight up.

On pinside I posted a high value and stated OBO... because the relationship is different.

I find it dissrepectful that anyone would accuse me of trying to rip anyone off. Last I heard, it was ok to try and get the best price you can when selling something. And given the ludicrous prices that pinball games go for, I simply thought that there might be some overlap there.

#39 5 years ago

At the very least you could have put some new rubbers on and rebuilt the flippers maybe. Anyhow about some Novis on the playfield.

#40 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure this game is being over-valued by quite a bit.

There is one on ebay right now for $2500 OBO in PA, the seller claims it's in working order, and yet it's been relisted 3 times so far.

ebay.com link: itm

I think most of us know that ebay prices are generally inflated.

I would probably put this game in the $650-$1000 range as it sits. Cosmetically, it's in pretty good shape. However, the board and the monitor are pretty significant part of the game, and a repair or replacement cost could run about $50-$450. Without seeing the insides and/or turning it on, a buyer would be rolling the dice. So, games in unknown states generally go for less.

In full working order, maybe $1200-$1600, depending on condition and if it's been bulletproofed and recapped.

It's no doubt a rare game, but rare doesn't always mean highly desirable. Personally, I think you'll be sitting on it for a while at this price point (and even the $3k price point advertised on KLOV). I've had to take my fair share of losses on incredibly rare games that there wasn't much interest in just because they weren't A-list titles.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

its only 3k over on klov and 1k on exidy's price guide

Wow! What an ass-hat move. Just realized that. Thought that was a post to show value.

#42 5 years ago

Take a chance
    ebay.com link: Video Pinball Machine Arcade Game

also 3 for sale on klov right now. Then you pay half to roll the dice....

That said this example looks pretty good physically in shown pics.

6 buyers also looking on klov OP maybe try that website instead!

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

Last I heard, it was ok to try and get the best price you can when selling something.

Last I heard, if you're going to ask people to believe in a ridiculous idea, then best be prepared for the fallout.

You're completely free to go tell the world that you want to make love to a sentient pizza with three wangs, but don't expect people to not say anything or give you the side eye when they find out about it. Free speech is a double-edged sword. You don't have exclusive access to the cutting side.

Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

the relationship is different

Last I checked it's still Buyer/Seller. The only reason it's any different is because you've somehow decided that the people here are dumber. It's one thing to offer a deal to your pals FIRST, but you do that under the table, man. You don't post a public ad for "bottom dollar" price you're going to accept in a public forum, then go to a HIGHLY RELATED but separate forum FIVE DAYS LATER, expect there to be no overlap, and say "Oh, it's different, so bend over and cough up 2k more for a potentially busted game" That's just what we colloquially call a "dick move".

*edit* This guy's mindset makes so much more sense to me now....he's part of a business. http://www.grinkers.com/default.aspx Should've known from the martyr attitude that he was an op or at least involved with one..

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

he's part of a business

To be fair, he posted that very early in the thread. He's not trying to hide being a business, he's just insane.

#46 5 years ago

Friends dont let friends buy overpriced video pinballs that have not been plugged in.....

#47 5 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #48 5 years ago

I’ve played this in Weirs beach. It was boring. I wouldn’t have paid $300 for it.

#49 5 years ago

I make a habit of playing this every year at CAX.

As much as I hate chiming in on a "For Sale" ad, I'll just say that the shelf life of enjoyment on this is minimal.

GLWS!!!!

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Last I heard, if you're going to ask people to believe in a ridiculous idea, then best be prepared for the fallout. Free speech is a double-edged sword. You don't have exclusive access to the cutting side.

Sure. But your leaving general courtesy out of the equation.

Quoted from Frax:

You don't post a public ad for "bottom dollar" price you're going to accept in a public forum, then go to a HIGHLY RELATED but separate forum FIVE DAYS LATER, expect there to be no overlap.

Look... my plan was simply this:

OPTION 1: $3,000 there = bro price

OPTION 2: accept as low as $4,000 here = same general interest group price

OPTION 3: If no buyers at option 1 or 2, go to ebay and ask $5,000 (total stranger pricing)

I don't see how that strategy is being a "dick"... and I certainly don't see that as "ripping people off"...

In fact... from where I sit, I believe I can get $5,000 for this game on ebay. So I'm here on pinside, in my mind, trying to be cool and give folks a chance to buy a unique pinball related title at a price I believe to be at a discount from market... and all I got was shit for my effort.

There doesn't need to be "fallout"... it's just a for sale ad.

I didn't come here to make enemies.

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-video-pinball-1?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.