Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D13798C2-B333-4293-AD2D-BCBEBF8387DC (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    11e6052ba2812ccf4d56cd4feea4939a4c086582 (resized).jpg
    15381602674161443605098 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5118 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5126 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5130 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5127 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5129 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5133 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5134 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5131 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

In fact... from where I sit, I believe I can get $5,000 for this game on ebay.

That other seller on ebay is having trouble getting $2500 OBO for a working one...

You might have to temper your expectations...

#52 5 years ago

I remember playing this at my local water slide centre back in the day and thought it was cool. Would love to have on one day!
    GLWTS

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

*edit* This guy's mindset makes so much more sense to me now....he's part of a business. http://www.grinkers.com/default.aspx Should've known from the martyr attitude that he was an op or at least involved with one..

Dude. You are full on attacking me here.

If I'm standing next to you at Grinkers and we're at the counter drinking a beer... do you ever think in a million years this kind of bullshit would actually roll of your tongue? Straight up talking shit... not cool.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That other seller on ebay is having trouble getting $2500 OBO for a working one...
    You might have to temper your expectations...

Yikes. Maybe so... link?

EDIT: Found it:

NEW LISTING
    Video Pinball Machine Arcade Game
    Pre-Owned
    $2,500.00
    Time left6d 23h left
    (Fri, 8:04 PM)

Looks like this was just listed in the past hour. Probably a relist based on your comment.

Well yeah... looks like my expectations may have been off... for now.

If not today, I still believe this will be a $5,000 title... perhaps I'll just take it to my house and enjoy it for a few years.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

Yikes. Maybe so... link?

It's been posted twice in the thread a few posts back.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

Yikes. Maybe so... link?

I have followed your arcade from idea to inception on KLOV and I am still impressed with what you have done. Some day I would love to visit your arcade out there, it looks amazing. From what I have seen from you on KLOV, I don't think you are the type of person who would intentionally try to rip anyone off so I just wanted to offer up more perspective on the game value. So for whatever it's worth, within the last year Steve sold one over on KLOV in great working condition for $1200 and it took 5 months to sell at that price.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=406294

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

$1200 and it took 5 months to sell

Thanks for the link... interestingly, I searched on KLOV and ebay for same title sales and didn't find anything. I do remember being frustrated by the klov search not accepting quote searches for "atari video pinball" as it kept returning ALL pinball related posts.

edit: just checked ebay to make sure I didn't double miss stuff... nope, no sales there. I really thought I was operating in an environment of no recent sales and no availability. And games like Sky Diver, Canyon Bomber, Avalanche, Blue Shark... and yes, Video Pinball... those prices aren't doing anything but going up. Nevertheless, I accept all the shit for pricing... but all the personal attack stuff is uncool.

#58 5 years ago

Hard to say which way the market on these types of museum arcade pieces will trend. I know the buyer will likely never buy blind like this unless it is a “good deal”. Very narrow market for things like this IMO. This type collector does tend to have deeper pockets and stranger taste . GLWS

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

I still believe this will be a $5,000 title... perhaps I'll just take it to my house and enjoy it for a few years.

Taking it home and enjoying it might make more sense than what you’re asking for it currently and seeing if it’s value increases in the future. Personally I don’t see this even being a $1000.00 machine even if Excidy thinks it is. I understand “rarity” as I enjoy collecting games for consoles, and their is always the “completionsist” who wants to have a complete video game library. But with arcades I don’t think “completionists” exist because of room/price. Me personally, I collect based on nostalgia. This isn’t a game I played, nor even know anyone that has ever mentioned it. So I don’t know how that will play out for future pricing based on the principle that not many people will have nostalgiac memories of playing it. Also the reason, like you mentioned, that STTNG is so expensive even though it’s not rare. I have fond memories of playing it and a desire to have it in my collection that I think is shared with quite a few others and that raises the price. Regardless, GLWTS and I hope you get what you want for it.

#60 5 years ago

Here's the last one 2 years ago on ebay

They plugged it in

15381602674161443605098 (resized).jpg15381602674161443605098 (resized).jpg
    #61 5 years ago

Idahofarmer seems like a funny fella and laid back to take all the grief he has. Not everybody can admit when they are wrong or when they don’t know something. I’d have a beer with the fella.

#62 5 years ago

OP you don’t have respect for anyone on KLOV or Pinside IMO.

The fact you value this game so high and have (supposedly) never plugged this game tells me and everyone else (IQ > 80) the truth about its condition and your integrity.

#63 5 years ago

I'd like to have one, but it's not that rare or worth that price. Here's one on eBay for only $2500:
    ebay.com link: itm

Now if you had the sequel game Solar War, that might be worth the price you're asking for the Video Pinball.

#64 5 years ago

the differences in pricing offered on the two forums speaks volumes of what the OP thinks of pinsiders

#65 5 years ago

Is the game cool? Yes. It is pinball? Sort of. Is it rare? Yes. Is it fun to play? For an afternoon maybe. Would it be cool to have in the lineup? Just to look at. Is it 5k cool? Not even close. The game probably doesn't work and not everyone repairs those boards. I dont care much for the price police but you're just throwing stuff on the wall hoping it will stick...

#66 5 years ago

I just feel bad we are only $325 and an OBO away from complete strangers....

#67 5 years ago

It is truly odd that the lowest pinside price is 4000, but if you go make an accoubt at KLOV you can get it for 3000.

#68 5 years ago

I have been collecting arcade games and pinball for about 20 years. When Clay Cowgill's multigame and other multicade pcbs came out, the values on classic arcade games took a nosedive. Sure, there were plenty of games not on the multigame pcbs but it seemed to affect the market as a whole. Prices have rebounded and surpassed where they were in a many cases. All that said, I can't imagine too many Bronze Age games going for that kind of money.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Idahofarmer seems like a funny fella and laid back to take all the grief he has. Not everybody can admit when they are wrong or when they don’t know something. I’d have a beer with the fella.

Thanks man.

Quoted from Toasterdog:

OP you don’t have respect for anyone on KLOV or Pinside IMO.
    The fact you value this game so high and have (supposedly) never plugged this game tells me and everyone else (IQ > 80) the truth about its condition and your integrity.

I represented the condition of the game as I know it to be. A person with no integrity would make false claims. I did no such thing. Respectfully, in my opinion, you should be more thoughtful and reserved about posting comments that challenge something as core as a person's integrity.

Quoted from creepykenny:

the differences in pricing offered on the two forums speaks volumes of what the OP thinks of pinsiders

You've never offered better pricing to friends? Just because I offer something that I believe to be special to one group, doesn't mean that I feel negatively about the other group. Saying so is a logical fallacy.

#70 5 years ago

I might offer something to my buddy for $10 that I've known since grade school.
    I might offer the same thing for $15 to the person I kind-of remember from college.
    And I might offer the same thing for $20 to the general public.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that scenario. The item is mine to sell, and I can offer a better price to anyone that I want to take care of.

Let's say the game is worth $1,500. If I offered it on KLOV for $1,000, and here for $1,250 and ebay for $1,500... then that wouldn't be a problem at all right? So all the bullshit I've experienced here comes down to the fact that I overestimated the market value of the game. Uh oh, this guy asked more for something than it's worth... he must be a total dick with no integrity. wtf??

I'm not sure how it is in the pinball world... but I've bought many arcade games in unknown working condition. In fact, I'd say a full 1/3rd of the games I've bought have been this way... including expensive titles. Certainly, not everyone is willing to take that risk, but some are. If you're not interested in the risk, then just don't buy. There's no need in that situation to call a person names and challenge their integrity.

#71 5 years ago

Dang. Where were all you guys at when dummies were slappin down $12,000 for a Luci? That was way more of an affront than this.

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

I might offer something to my buddy for $10 that I've known since grade school.
    I might offer the same thing for $15 to the person I kind-of remember from college.
    And h that scenario. The item is mine to sell, and I can offer a better price to anyone that I want to take care of.
    Let's say the game is worth $1,500. .

I guess it's the fact that total strangers on KLOV are better than total strangers on pinside. Or it seems like you think pinball people are ignorant to actual value. Maybe not your intention, but it comes off like that.

#73 5 years ago

pokes are gonna crush the broncos today. just saying.

#74 5 years ago

Its nice to see the OP has listened to all the Pinside Price Police. I see the game has been deeply discounted to $4675 now. That's a 6.5% savings. I don't see the sale taking long at all now. There is no way I would even consider the working one on ebay for $2500 with better deals like this one.

#75 5 years ago

Operates an arcade but no clue how to operate an AC plug.

#76 5 years ago

OP,
    Pinside is such a tough crowd.....don’t let folks ruffle your feathers. They take themselves as seriously like mall cops.

Cool game...GLWS.

D13798C2-B333-4293-AD2D-BCBEBF8387DC (resized).jpegD13798C2-B333-4293-AD2D-BCBEBF8387DC (resized).jpeg
    #77 5 years ago

1/3 of the high dollar games purchased in an unknown condition.....is it that hard to find electricity for the arcade guys?

#78 5 years ago

I have brought extension cords with me before and tipped a local barrista for a plugin to test in middle of parking lot... were there is a will there is a way.

That said guys we have all spoke pur mind about pricing, condition testing etc. It is overdue IMO but it would be nice to let him try to sell his game now. He can do what he wishes in regards to everything above.

If someone thinks it is a reasonable buy then it will sell.

If the price is wrong it will merely sit until price is right.

GLWS OP

#79 5 years ago

The Exidy list is usually fairly accurate. It’s at mimimum a good starting place. For a non working example of this game to sell for more than 1,000 would be a shock to me.

For comparison, let’s say a working Tempest is 1500. I’ve seen plenty of non working, complete ones on klov for well under 1,000. I would expect similar for this project. If you list it for $750, you may find a buyer on klov. People are expecting projects on klov and on Pinside, it’s more of the opposite with people expecting a fully shoped, and well tested machine when they see a FS listing. Two different worlds.

I do think you would get more for it on klov, just no where close to what you were initially asking. “Games like pinball” are not always well liked on Pinside.

#80 5 years ago

First, I don't have a dog in this fight. FWIW I've found many fair deals on Pinside but also a significant number of guys who have gouged the shit out of their listings for GNR, Indiana Jones, etc. all while receiving no hint of this fallout. It will be a very cold day in hell when I pay 4K for a Gottlieb Haunted House or 8k for a GNR.

I don't know the OP and personally had no prior interaction with him but the trash talking here is misplaced. The OPs rep on KLOV is that he's well known and regarded as a stand-up guy and a straight shooter who is very generous to the KLOV community. He basically curates a vintage arcade -- he's not an "operator" running a dozen titles at a time in your local bowling alley. I have the impression that most of his machines were acquired with purchases from KLOV members. In return he Sells his duplicate titles etc, to people who have previously themselves sold to the business. (Even on KLOV some members get different deals than others but it's to give a deal to some guys , not to gouge the others for every penny).

I'm acquainted with two guys in two different states that do board repairs etc. i go to them when I'm stumped -- evidently I'm stumped a lot. Both guys know him and say he's okay. Next week Steve is allowing one of the guys to poke around on a valuable 40 year old Kee game to help that guy troubleshoot some ROMs on mine.

I don't know him either but the way members are addressing him here seems over the top. Don't buy the dumb game -- even add your opinion that it's overpriced and why if you feel so compelled. But cheese and crackers what's with all the bitchy drama here?

#81 5 years ago

FWIW - There were two nice examples of this game recently listed in the Seattle market and the Portland market. Each started around $1100 and sat for weeks. Not sure if they ever sold.

1 week later
    #82 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoFarmer:

Dude. You are full on attacking me here.
    If I'm standing next to you at Grinkers and we're at the counter drinking a beer... do you ever think in a million years this kind of bullshit would actually roll of your tongue? Straight up talking shit... not cool.

.....clearly you don't know me. Heh. I about got into a fight with someone at a tournament in Austin a few months ago, but thankfully we agreed it was stupid to do so.

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-video-pinball-1/page/2?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.