(Topic ID: 227075)

Atari Time 2000 Display issue (all segments on)

By waffen_spain

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by waffen_spain
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20181013_213119 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Hi guys,

I lost access to my account for many many months, but I'm here again

I have what its my first Atari Pinball, sure it looks rad, love the art and the wide-wide-wide playfield

Pinball plays great, but displays are not showing the Score or credits, all the segments on both displays are ON, 8s everywhere.

Any clue of where should I start to look at? Im so lost with this pinball...

Nice to be here again, best regards to all

#2 2 years ago

Hi, advert lights moved, Game plays and advance bonus and all the stuff but displays only shows 0000000.

I took a pic

IMG_20181013_213119 (resized).jpg
#3 2 years ago

Probably a short, an issue with scoring data line(s), or failed chip(s) related to scoring.

I realize that's kind of vague, but you'll need to do some troubleshooting to narrow things doen. What have you tried so far?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Probably a short, an issue with scoring data line(s), or failed chip(s) related to scoring.
I realize that's kind of vague, but you'll need to do some troubleshooting to narrow things doen. What have you tried so far?

Any help is always welcome

I already used my fiberglass eraser to clean all 3 (CPU side, score display, credits display) contacts, and visually verified and reatached the flat data cable.

After watching some vídeos, I see displays should do a demo animation while Game is on Game over.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from waffen_spain:

I already used my fiberglass eraser

Personally, I try to avoid using fiberglass erasers and sandpaper and use a pink rubber eraser instead. The material for edge connector contacts is pretty thin, and I prefer to avoid making it thinner. Most of the time, there's only surface coating/grime/corrosion, and it really doesn't actually need sanding--just cleaning.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Personally, I try to avoid using fiberglass erasers and sandpaper and use a pink rubber eraser instead. The material for edge connector contacts is pretty thin, and I prefer to avoid making it thinner. Most of the time, there's only surface coating/grime/corrosion, and it really doesn't actually need sanding--just cleaning.

I agree with you, I did a gentle cleaning, just to remove the visible corrosion, then used a microfiber with contact cleaner to make contacts really dirty free.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside