• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Lindsey
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Atari_Superman_Flipper_Relay_Driver_Schematic.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lindsey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

The latch which drives the transistor could be bad. It's listed as A6/7 on the schematics and the part number is CD4099B.

Here's the data sheet for the latch:
http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/405/cd4099b-452623.pdf

It's also possible that one of the signals driving the latch is not getting there for whatever reason.

I would expect that during game play pins 5, 6, and 7 (IOBA0,IOBA1,IOBA2) should be strobing all the time. Pin 2 (Reset) should be high, and pins 3, and 4 (IOBD0, and IOSOLWRI) will be strobing when the CPU is updating the latch to turn the flippers on or off. I would start by probing these signals with a logic probe and then possibly a logic analyzer, but you could also start by shotgunning the latch and possibly fix it.

Atari_Superman_Flipper_Relay_Driver_Schematic.jpgAtari_Superman_Flipper_Relay_Driver_Schematic.jpg

1 week later
#7 8 years ago

That's awesome news. Glad to hear it!

I was hoping that would be the solution because I suspect it would have gotten more tricky if you had to work back from there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lindsey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-superman-flippers-not-working?tu=Lindsey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.