I went to an acquaintances house to "shop" his superman. I ordered bulbs, and rubbers, and went over and cleaned it up and installed new rubbers/bulbs.
The old rubbers were original and crunchy and crispy, haha. NOthing rubber about them.
Anyway, I assumed the machine worked. It certainly powered on.
After changing the rubbers I thought we'd play a couple of games. Only it wouldn't kick out a ball.
A quick look through the gameshowed me several problems:
Under the playfield the 2amp slo blo fuse was blown. Changed it, powered it up, it didn't blow again. Game still didn't play though.
Went into the back box.
The far right fuse was blown 3amp slo blo was in there. Somehow I didn't have 3amp slo blo so I put in a 3amp fast blow.
Anyway it blew at power up 3 times.
I noticed on the bottom row of the I/O board there is a row of about 15 transistors that seem to be very similar if not exactly the same.
The 5th one over from the left was almost blown off of the board. It wasn't standing in it's oringal position (like the rest), and it looked like a trace may have been lifted/blown. Testing the transistors (whole row of them) in circuit, they all tested similar. Nothing seemed shorted. Even the one that was half blown off of the board with apparently bad trace(s).
Anyway. Sometimes someone else has had an exact issue . THought I'd ask. I may need to just call someone else in to do an on-sight repair I am guessing though.